Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

12 Days of Deals, Day 9 is Live »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Mission: Impossible - The 6-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
£60.00
14 hrs ago
Mission: Impossible - The 6-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
£23.99
14 hrs ago
Doctor Who: The Macra Terror (Blu-ray)
£24.99

Avengers - 3 Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
£39.99

Doctor Who: The Collection - Season 18 (Blu-ray)
£39.99

Planet Earth II & Blue Planet II Boxset 4K (Blu-ray)
£34.99

Alfred Hitchcock: The Masterpiece Collection (Blu-ray)
£21.79

Big Little Lies (Blu-ray)
£11.99

Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Blu-ray)
£37.39

Doctor Who The Macra Terror (Blu-ray)
£17.99

In the Blood (Blu-ray)
£7.16
14 min ago
Supernatural: The Complete Thirteenth Season (Blu-ray)
£24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 01-08-2013, 07:56 PM   #541
Power Member

Aug 2010

Sounds like it's easiest to just return to the original UK company and state it as being defective. Amazon UK is usually very good about that kind of situation.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:14 AM   #542
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009
Chichester, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by the blob View Post
It gets from bad to worse. Replacement discs will be available... For £5!
plus 3 pounds postage apparently...

Classic move by Arrow.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:51 AM   #543

Oct 2012
Glasgow, Scotland

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgart13 View Post
Sounds like it's easiest to just return to the original UK company and state it as being defective. Amazon UK is usually very good about that kind of situation.
Yeah, unless you, as I did, bought directly from Arrow to get the limited edition and support their releases. We're now being taxed for our loyalty.
Old 01-09-2013, 04:32 AM   #544
Expert Member

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davy View Post
Yeah, unless you, as I did, bought directly from Arrow to get the limited edition and support their releases. We're now being taxed for our loyalty.
The shipping fee is waived for UK customers, for what it's worth.

Personally, all I can do is shake my head on this one. I got the LE Steelbook from Amazon, not direct from Arrow. I'm also an American, so even if they were doing a "free" trade-in program I figured I'd be out of luck anyway. Caveat Emptor, all that jazz. I'd love to get a fixed copy, and yes, I'd rather pay more for a quality product... but I've already paid my dues on this one. They were handed a completed restoration and f***ed up during authoring. It happens, I get that. But I should pay $13 just to get a disc that fixed a glitch they should have caught in the first place? Forget that. I've owned this flick twice on DVD and now twice on Blu-ray. I pre-ordered this one. I'm done paying for ZOMBI 2, and so should anyone who gave Arrow Video the asking price for this otherwise stellar release.

Honestly the thought of Arrow not being willing to do a trade-ins, not even for everyone who bought direct from their own website, is deplorable! Production and shipping couldn't be more than 1-2 pounds, tops, yet they're profiting on a relatively minor fix. That's just... wrong. This release's new transfer and impressive presentation looked like it was supposed to be the start of a "The New And Improved" Arrow Video. They screwed up one thing at the last minute, and could have easily turned this whole mess around, even looked like saints in the process. Then they have the stones to blame their own customers by saying they lost money on their THE BEYOND replacement scheme due to people lying about having purchased it in the first place, and tell their fans who have already supported the release to pay up, or get over it.

Smooth, Arrow Video.

Y'know what could do, just to avoid that ever happening? Tell customers to SEND IN THEIR DISCS, like every other label in the history of anything has done in this situation. But no, they'd rather make a few quid in the process. Forget that. I'll happily send in my original disc, even pay postage both ways across the Atlantic, but I refuse to pay them 5 bloody pounds for the privilege of having the establishing shot back.

Last edited by Kentai; 01-09-2013 at 04:35 AM.
Old 01-09-2013, 08:19 AM   #545
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2011
Dryland

I'm honestly not bothered at all by the missing six seconds. Like many i ordered directly from Arrow for the slipbox release but this error does not bother me. I'll admit it would if it was six seconds of some gore or something like that. I do however think it's poor form to charge a fee for a replacement.

that said I've got their two 28th Jan releases pre-ordered from them and i'll continue to use them.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:22 AM   #546
Contributor

Dec 2008
East Coast, USA

Well, Arrow does say that in their last replacement program for The Beyond, people abused the free disc offer...if they really need the money, they should offer the disc for ¯£5 OR free with any purchase from their site. That way, any replacement disc sold would also net them a sale.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:25 AM   #547
Special Member

May 2009
London, UK

or just get people to send the "defective" discs in for a straight swap. no dodgy fraud then

question is, are they recalling the current disc and swapping it out with new ones?
Old 01-09-2013, 10:01 AM   #548
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrob View Post
or just get people to send the "defective" discs in for a straight swap. no dodgy fraud then

question is, are they recalling the current disc and swapping it out with new ones?
Sounds to me like they’re just selling the correct disc. Not sure if for future purchases people buy a copy £17.99 and same time buy the disc £5. If it were a recall then it should be a case of swapping.

Just miffed that the people (me included) who ordered direct, as the only way to buy the four sleeve option, or even those who bought the SB are being charged. They have the order details, so where is the fraud? You have my order for a incorrect pressing. Send replacement.

I have chased a copy of The Beyond, ordered 1/12/12 for 6 weeks to finally get a replacement in the post. I opened this replacement to find they sent another ZFE. So it will cost me time and money to send back and chase them for the item I bought...so long ago.

Never using Arrow and will import like for like future titles, starting with Deadly Blessing. Unless they can sort my order and send a free correct ZFE disc. Otherwise lost a solid customer.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:06 AM   #549

Dec 2010
Belgium

Update from Arrow:

"We will offer anyone who has purchased any of the Zombie Flesh Eaters Blu Ray releases a free replacement of the disc on receipt of their original disc. We will provide details of where to send the disc very shortly. Anyone who has purchased a disc will receive a refund."
Old 01-09-2013, 10:15 AM   #550

Sep 2010

Well, think they've just realised how short sighted this 'solution' was:
From their FB page:

"Firstly , we would like to thank all of our customers who purchased any Arrow title. Without our customers and fans of what we do, we wouldn’t have a business and would never take that for granted. However, we also ask you to bear in mind that we spend considerable sums on all elements of each release. For Zombie Flesh Eaters, the restoration was one of our most expensive projects to date. We did all we could to make this edition perfect and special and it was 9 months of production time and a huge amount of money in the making. It is incredibly frustrating that anything may have gone amiss that would have tarnished our customers enjoyment of the release.

The idea behind the £5 replacement disc programme on ZFE was not for commercial gain but was conceived for 2 reasons. Firstly as a company with few number of employees it was a way of facilitating the replacement programme without the administrative need to handle each enquiry internally. Secondly, we ran a replacement programme on The Beyond that was systematically abused, we wanted to avoid this situation again.

On reflection, we can certainly see how the £5 plus postage could irk someone who had purchased the product at full price, especially as a pre-order. We would like to apologise therefore for this ill-conceived programme.

We will offer anyone who has purchased any of the Zombie Flesh Eaters Blu Ray releases a free replacement of the disc on receipt of their original disc. We will provide details of where to send the disc very shortly. Anyone who has purchased a disc will receive a refund.

Thanks again for your continued custom

Arrow Films"

Now the question of, how long till you actually get your corrected disc???
Old 01-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #551
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2011
Leeds, England

Arrow finally doing what they should have done in the first place.
Old 01-09-2013, 10:56 AM   #552
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009

That's more like it, credit to Arrow for apologising and doing the right thing
Old 01-09-2013, 10:59 AM   #553
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2011

Fair play to see their error. Apologise and offer a better way. Not something say Warner would have done, Warner would have not listened to their customers.

So with that good on Arrow for changing their stance.
Old 01-09-2013, 11:06 AM   #554
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
India

Anyone who got ZFE from Amazon UK and wants a replacement (outside UK), any ideas?
Old 01-09-2013, 11:43 AM   #555

Jun 2009
Finland

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenus View Post
Anyone who got ZFE from Amazon UK and wants a replacement (outside UK), any ideas?
+1

In their latest announcement Arrow says anyone can get the replacement disc by returning the original. I hope this means anyone outside UK or at least anyone in EU region.

Quote:
We will offer anyone who has purchased any of the Zombie Flesh Eaters Blu Ray releases a free replacement of the disc on receipt of their original disc. We will provide details of where to send the disc very shortly. Anyone who has purchased a disc will receive a refund.
Old 01-09-2013, 01:01 PM   #556

Dec 2006

So, for someone who hasn't bought the disc yet, is the new version already up for sale anywhere? How to tell it apart from the old one?
Old 01-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #557

Oct 2011
Sawtry, UK

I don't think the split from Cult Labs has done them any favours on this, they definitely needed a PR company to handle this one! Talk about a balls up. 10/10 for holding their hands up (eventually) though.

Also, for the people that used to slate CL for being fanboys, have you seen the comments that people leave on Facebook? You'd think AV were some kind of religious entity!
Old 01-09-2013, 02:25 PM   #558
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBC View Post
So, for someone who hasn't bought the disc yet, is the new version already up for sale anywhere? How to tell it apart from the old one?
No not yet, Arrow will advise when new disc is done on FB
Old 01-09-2013, 02:46 PM   #559
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2009
Chichester, UK

I doubt that Arrow have recalled the first pressing from retailers. I would expect consumers to be receiving the first version for a long time to come. But at least the replacement disc is free...I'll send off my disc via registered mail as soon as the return address details are posted. Er...the replacement disc had best be error free or the internet might well explode.
Old 01-09-2013, 02:55 PM   #560

Oct 2012
Glasgow, Scotland

Well you all seem a bit chirpier now.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland