Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
The Invisible Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Paul, Apostle of Christ (Blu-ray)
$15.50

Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.00

Oculus (Blu-ray)
$6.99
20 hrs ago
Some Like It Hot (Blu-ray)
$19.59

A Quiet Place (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Tomb Raider (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Alpha (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Spider-Man: Homecoming (Blu-ray)
$9.99
1 hr ago
Deadpool 2 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Pacific Rim: Uprising 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.59

Avengers: Infinity War 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries

Old 12-26-2013, 10:54 PM   #1
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2008
NOLA
Default FreddieFerric's Updated Listening Room Pics

Hi All. Just uploaded 10 pics of the new (really isn't that new but...) audio room. Enjoy! I have a lot of fun listening to music here. The system rocks.

Last edited by Johnny Vinyl; 08-17-2014 at 05:12 AM.
Old 12-26-2013, 10:59 PM   #2
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2013
Somewhere Between Heaven ↑ & Hell ↓ ......

Welcome to the threads BRF!

Looks like a lot of really nice gear in there!

I bet it's hard to walk away from all that after a nice listening session!
Old 12-26-2013, 11:24 PM   #3
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2008
NOLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy13 View Post
Welcome to the threads BRF!

Looks like a lot of really nice gear in there!

I bet it's hard to walk away from all that after a nice listening session!
It can be addictive. On weekend nights I often spend the night kicked back with the Teac set to auto-reverse and just roll with it. Next thing you know it's like 5:00 AM
Old 12-26-2013, 11:28 PM   #4
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Feb 2008
Near Atlanta GA

Nice.... "I'm too sexy" Magnaplanars Right Said Fred BlueRayFred. See what I did there. I see they are now used in Widescreen Review's reference HT. I would love to hear your system.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:28 PM   #5
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluRayFred View Post
It can be addictive. On weekend nights I often spend the night kicked back with the Teac set to auto-reverse and just roll with it. Next thing you know it's like 5:00 AM

Now that's a jam session!

So you enjoying the SVS? How's it sound with those speakers you're runnin'? I'm sure all the acoustic treatment, and the riser help out too ya?
Old 12-26-2013, 11:32 PM   #6

Aug 2008
Pacific Northwest

Great looking pics/system

I am sure it sounds amazing so since you turned the ratings off I give it A 10
Old 12-26-2013, 11:49 PM   #7
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2008
NOLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by hometheatergeek View Post
Nice.... "I'm too sexy" Magnaplanars Right Said Fred BlueRayFred. See what I did there. I see they are now used in Widescreen Review's reference HT. I would love to hear your system.
LOL, I'm to sexy for my Maggies.

Quote:

Now that's a jam session!

So you enjoying the SVS? How's it sound with those speakers you're runnin'? I'm sure all the acoustic treatment, and the riser help out too ya?
3 hours of my favorite Stones LP's over again a few times can be a life changing experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyBLUE View Post
Great looking pics/system

I am sure it sounds amazing so since you turned the ratings off I give it A 10
Thanks for the nice comments. It's been a work in progress for years as most of our systems are. I didn't really turn the ratings off, I just forgot to turn them on.
Old 12-26-2013, 11:55 PM   #8
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2013

Quote:
3 hours of my favorite Stones LP's over again a few times can be a life changing experience.
I'm sure! That's a really nice TT you have there

I've personally never owned a decent one, seems like anything worth while is a bit rich for blood, so I just roll with a cd player or Pandora
Old 12-27-2013, 01:37 AM   #9

Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave

Great looking room and system Fred! Tape has still eluded me, but it's a goal and hopefully it won't be too far off into the future! Do you own any pre-recorded tapes?
Old 12-27-2013, 03:23 AM   #10
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2013
Michigan

Welcome to the threads BluRayFred! Nice looking Audio Room
Old 12-27-2013, 10:50 AM   #11
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Oct 2009
The "Boogie Down"
Send a message via AIM to DangeRuss Send a message via Yahoo to DangeRuss

Good Morning Fred

Your stereo system is looking awesome now and I bet it has the sound to boot . When did you get rid of the Klipsch for the Maggies ?
Old 12-27-2013, 02:25 PM   #12
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2008
NOLA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vinyl View Post
Great looking room and system Fred! Tape has still eluded me, but it's a goal and hopefully it won't be too far off into the future! Do you own any pre-recorded tapes?
Hi John! I've had so much fun with the tape decks (although the RT-707 has picked up a speed problem. Back to the shop soon for it) I get a kick out of recording really good sounding vinyl. The Tascam seems to give the recordings a bit more headroom, and of course, I don't have to get up and flip the record over. There are tons of decent used machines out there. I would strongly suggest you look at a more recent vintage of the Otari models. Up until fairly recently you could still find them at relatively cheap prices.

How was your Christmas?

BTW, the Beatles Box Set has been getting played. Very nice sounding CD's. Was worth the wait in getting them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revolver517 View Post
Welcome to the threads BluRayFred! Nice looking Audio Room
Thanks. It's taken some time to get it together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeRuss View Post
Good Morning Fred

Your stereo system is looking awesome now and I bet it has the sound to boot . When did you get rid of the Klipsch for the Maggies ?
The Maggies are about 2 years old now. I still have the Klipsch's in another room just sitting there. I need to take some photo's, box them up and see if I can get a few bucks for them. The're nice speakers and do sound good. They just aren't in the same class as the Maggies.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:44 PM   #13
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2013

Morning Sir.

Were you up late last night, still up this morning in an all out Jam Session again?
Old 12-28-2013, 12:51 PM   #14
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2013

I'm still impressed with your Magnepan speakers. They look similar to a pair of Carver Amazing's that I once saw & heard from a gentleman I purchased a sub from awhile back. I'm curious to know how they would compare in SQ.
Old 12-28-2013, 12:52 PM   #15

Jul 2007

Quote:
Hi John! I've had so much fun with the tape decks (although the RT-707 has picked up a speed problem. Back to the shop soon for it) I get a kick out of recording really good sounding vinyl. The Tascam seems to give the recordings a bit more headroom, and of course, I don't have to get up and flip the record over. There are tons of decent used machines out there. I would strongly suggest you look at a more recent vintage of the Otari models. Up until fairly recently you could still find them at relatively cheap prices.

How was your Christmas?

BTW, the Beatles Box Set has been getting played. Very nice sounding CD's. Was worth the wait in getting them.

Thanks. It's taken some time to get it together.

The Maggies are about 2 years old now. I still have the Klipsch's in another room just sitting there. I need to take some photo's, box them up and see if I can get a few bucks for them. The're nice speakers and do sound good. They just aren't in the same class as the Maggies.
I was actually close to getting an Otari MX5050BII, but I lost out in the end. I was pretty peeved about it as I thought I had it, but then some guy came along and I guess offered him a better deal or he was closer to him. He would have had to ship to me or drive halfway (about 2 hours each).
Old 12-29-2013, 05:33 AM   #16
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2008
NOLA

Quote:
I was actually close to getting an Otari MX5050BII, but I lost out in the end. I was pretty peeved about it as I thought I had it, but then some guy came along and I guess offered him a better deal or he was closer to him. He would have had to ship to me or drive halfway (about 2 hours each).
Now that you mention it, I seem to remember you told us about that some time back. That really sucks. No matter, there's always another one around the corner. Just a product of being patient and being in the right place at the right time.
Old 12-29-2013, 08:48 AM   #17

Jul 2007

I have both the STEREO and the MONO boxset of that, plus I recently acquired the vinyl Beatles Collection Blue Box BC-13, pressed in Holland. There was a MONO boxset on Red vinyl done in japan, but it's unobtanium price-wise. Last I saw it was $4K+.
Old 12-29-2013, 01:25 PM   #18
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2008
NOLA

Quote:
Morning Sir.

Were you up late last night, still up this morning in an all out Jam Session again?
Top of the morning to ya. I missed this yesterday. I believe I did wake up around 3:00 AM. What happened? Made tape of Dire Straits Brothers In Arms and Love Over Gold. Had to put it down to 7.5 ips to fit it all. And it just barely fit. With only seconds to spare.

Quote:
I'm still impressed with your Magnepan speakers. They look similar to a pair of Carver Amazing's that I once saw & heard from a gentleman I purchased a sub from awhile back. I'm curious to know how they would compare in SQ.
I remember Carver had some very good speakers out years ago. I know he is also introducing some type of line stage speakers that are really tall. Have never heard them. Years back I used to frequent a club that had a dozen Bose 901's suspended from the ceiling and the whole rig was powered by Carver's Phase Linear amps and preamp. They had a Teac RTR that was very nice. I used to sit in there and listen for hours.

Last edited by FreddieFerric; 12-29-2013 at 01:31 PM.
Old 12-29-2013, 01:30 PM   #19
Blu-ray Knight

Mar 2008
NOLA

Quote:
I have both the STEREO and the MONO boxset of that, plus I recently acquired the vinyl Beatles Collection Blue Box BC-13, pressed in Holland. There was a MONO boxset on Red vinyl done in japan, but it's unobtanium price-wise. Last I saw it was $4K+.
Morning John,

I'll keep my eye open for a mono box set if the price has been slashed. I think I did good on the stereo set price wise.

I've have often searched around on ebay for the Mobile Fidelity reissue of the Beatles catalog that they did back in the 90's. A friend of mine downloaded a hi rez file of it that someone had ripped off of their turntable and it actually sounded decent. I've heard that the MOFI box set is very good on vinyl. Prices have been in the neighborhood of $800 and up. A bit too rich for my blood. The Japanese red vinyl version will be at the top of my to acquire list once I win the lottery.
Old 12-29-2013, 01:31 PM   #20
Blu-ray Count

Mar 2013

Quote:
Top of the morning to ya. I missed this yesterday. I believe I did wake up around 3:00 AM. What happened? Made tape of Dire Straits Brothers In Arms and Love Over Gold. Had to put it down to 7.5 ips to fit it all. And it just barely fit. With only seconds to spare.

I remember Carver had some very good speakers out years ago. I know he is also introducing some type of line source speakers that are really tall. Have never heard them. Years back I used to frequent a club that had a dozen Bose 901's suspended from the ceiling and the whole rig was powered by Carver's Phase Linear amps and preamp. They had a Teac RTR that was very nice. I used to sit in there and listen for hours.
Morning Fred.

No worries..glad you were able to get the whole thing taped.

Sounds like a fun place to "hang" out
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Home Theater > Home Theater Galleries