Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Ip Man: The Complete Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$54.99
20 hrs ago
The Hobbit: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$79.96
1 day ago
Mission: Impossible - 6 Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$13.99
29 min ago
Scarface 4K (Blu-ray)
$31.99

Martin Scorsese's World Cinema Project, No. 3 (Blu-ray)
$55.95
15 hrs ago
The Walking Dead: The Complete Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$10.99
4 hrs ago
Back to the Future Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$58.99

The Marx Brothers Silver Screen Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Star Trek 4K (Blu-ray)
$11.99
11 hrs ago
Inglourious Basterds (Blu-ray)
$10.99

John Wick: Chapters 1-3 (Blu-ray)
$15.99

Game of Thrones: The Complete Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$189.00
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

Old 10-27-2020, 01:34 PM   #13281
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2008
Calgary, Alberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penton-Man View Post
They say the ventilation systems in commercial airlines are not the worry. Depending on the environment and public health measures instituted, it’s all the in-betweens in the process of air travel that may increase your risk.
Which does nothing when you're sitting for 2hrs plus next to someone else where you're literally touching them shoulder to shoulder. Which is the case for any short haul flight in Canada which all use POS Q400 or Dash 8 type planes (cramped).
Old 10-27-2020, 01:39 PM   #13282
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2008
Calgary, Alberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarriere View Post
I dropped my Auntie off at the airport yesterday and it was like a ghost town there. This is in YEG. Hopefully YYC is like that for you.
My friend just flew to YYZ....he sent pictures. There were like 3 people on the entire jet.

I hope that's my experience however I doubt it - will likely be jammed to capacity.
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (10-27-2020)
Old 10-27-2020, 02:16 PM   #13283
Special Member

Oct 2006

https://outofthecave.io/articles/fol...eaths-edition/
Old 10-27-2020, 07:15 PM   #13284
Retired Hollywood Insider

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctujackbauer View Post
Who is "they"? You mean the airline industry?
the CDC as in the link Bob provided in the follow-up - https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019...g-covid19.html (scroll down to Air Travel)
and - https://www.facebook.com/nbcnightlyn...7264229650748/
Old 10-28-2020, 12:52 AM   #13285
Special Member

Mar 2010
Portishead ♫

Today's numbers (stats) look awful. I think I'll wait till masks become mandatory, and the gyms close in Quebec, with imposed measures and fines to whoever are in violation of breaking the rules.
Old 10-28-2020, 07:17 AM   #13286
Special Member

Jun 2012
Germany

Well, I'm glad that we'll have a semi-lockdown here come November. "Glad" in terms of getting the infection rate under control again, fully acknowledging that this will be painful for many people and businesses. If you don't follow the rules and stop taking this thing seriously, this is what happens. And I think now this is the only thing that will work and it's the right thing to do. People made their choices, now we're all gonna have to live with the consequences.
Thanks given by:
dancerslegs (10-29-2020)
Old 10-29-2020, 12:00 AM   #13287
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Sheís indeed a special lady . You can/have-to-be clinical when it comes to other patients when youíre a physician, but itís really hard when it involves a close family member. When she hurts, I hurt. The last several weeks has been difficult to cope with my brother-in-lawís COVID-19 situation (my sister-in-law eking by death by COVID was bad enough) and not let it totally depress both of us. I fear he may not make it as heís in pretty bad shape compared to how her sister was, but we try to maintain a stiff upper lip and hope for the best.

I think the stress of it all has made me more active than typical on the forum with regards to posting comments, personal pictures, videos etc. in this and other threads, almost serving as a cathartic mechanism. Alternatively, she works out like a banshee between keeping up with all the current therapeutics for COVID-19 most laypeople are unfamiliar with, e.g. prophylactic dose of low molecular weight heparin, as well as the advantages and limitations as to whatís in the pipeline, e.g. https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...s#post18217865

Good Man
Iím so sorry for missing your familyís problems. Been so wrapped up in my own I didnít catch up with the thread. I Wish him (and you all) the very best. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Thanks given by:
Batman1980 (10-29-2020)
Old 10-29-2020, 01:45 AM   #13288

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Iím so sorry for missing your familyís problems. Been so wrapped up in my own I didnít catch up with the thread. I Wish him (and you all) the very best. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Thanks Steed. Itís almost an every-other-day news ordeal for us. Just last night our relatives living in the Chicago area who are in regular communication with the palliation nurse at the hospital where he's admitted, phoned to inform us she made a subtle crisis care management hint to them in that since heís in such bad condition (heart failure, etc.) that Ďthere are other people that need an ICU bedí.

Which my wife and I believe was an innuendo intended to affect the familyís decision as to whether to DNR him or not since he didnít have an advanced healthcare directive upon admission. I mean I know there are hospitals in some states, especially rural areas, that are evolving to the state of triaging and crisis care management standards for COVID-19 care based on the chances of a patient surviving, but in a fairly large hospital in Chicago?
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (10-29-2020)
Old 10-29-2020, 05:30 AM   #13289
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Uncle Bob's House of Pancakes

If everyone is so worried just give yourself this home test every night. I'mma bout to test again. Can't be too careful.

Thanks given by:
coldheart (10-30-2020), dancerslegs (10-31-2020), Lacit170 (10-29-2020), Mike16 (10-29-2020), Moe Szyslak (10-29-2020), oildude (10-29-2020), Scarriere (10-30-2020), shrex (10-29-2020), slm (10-30-2020)
Old 10-29-2020, 05:39 AM   #13290
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2008
Calgary, Alberta

Apparently France is effectively shutting down the country for a month...
Old 10-29-2020, 11:27 AM   #13291
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Thanks Steed. Itís almost an every-other-day news ordeal for us. Just last night our relatives living in the Chicago area who are in regular communication with the palliation nurse at the hospital where he's admitted, phoned to inform us she made a subtle crisis care management hint to them in that since heís in such bad condition (heart failure, etc.) that Ďthere are other people that need an ICU bedí.

Which my wife and I believe was an innuendo intended to affect the familyís decision as to whether to DNR him or not since he didnít have an advanced healthcare directive upon admission. I mean I know there are hospitals in some states, especially rural areas, that are evolving to the state of triaging and crisis care management standards for COVID-19 care based on the chances of a patient surviving, but in a fairly large hospital in Chicago?
What a awful situation. I know the strain that something like this puts on a family, and we didnít have to face that horrific scenario. Hoping for better news, will be checking for updates but I understand thatís the least of your worries at the moment.

As you said, things can change by the hour, let alone the day so hoping for a positive swing.
Old 10-29-2020, 07:25 PM   #13292

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
If everyone is so worried just give yourself this home test every night. I'mma bout to test again. Can't be too careful.

not to worry, Everythingís Fine, you can get a vaccine now Ė

Old 10-29-2020, 07:35 PM   #13293

Apr 2007

Quote:
What a awful situation. I know the strain that something like this puts on a family, and we didnít have to face that horrific scenario. Hoping for better news, will be checking for updates but I understand thatís the least of your worries at the moment.
additionally, the medical management gets complicated because they have to give strong diuretics to relieve his COVID-19 induced heart failure, butÖÖthat then can affect his electrolytes adversely, so it's a precarious balance; nevertheless, itís not just you and I who are suffering with the reality of the pandemic, lots others, the latest from my side of the pond - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8bkbklIm58#t=3s
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (10-29-2020)
Old 10-29-2020, 11:43 PM   #13294
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
additionally, the medical management gets complicated because they have to give strong diuretics to relieve his COVID-19 induced heart failure, butÖÖthat then can affect his electrolytes adversely, so it's a precarious balance; nevertheless, itís not just you and I who are suffering with the reality of the pandemic, lots others, the latest from my side of the pond - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N8bkbklIm58#t=3s
Yeah, thatís a sad watch.

As you stated, the balance for patients with severe complications is a tightrope. I think both our families nerves are well and truly shredded.
Old 10-30-2020, 02:24 AM   #13295

Apr 2007

Quote:
Yeah, that’s a sad watch.

As you stated, the balance for patients with severe complications is a tightrope. I think both our families nerves are well and truly shredded.
our families’ aside, it’s not getting any better for my country, in fact worse, really worse considering Dr. Fauci said we should strive for 10,000 cases/day to control this epidemic going into the fall/winter season -

not to mention disgusting cyber attacks now of some hospital systems by Russian hackers freezing hospital computers resulting in things like not allowing doctors' access to patients’ imaging, progress notes etc.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (10-30-2020)
Old 10-30-2020, 05:28 AM   #13296
Blu-ray Prince

Jun 2012

Movie theaters, restaurants and many small businesses may not survive COVID but airlines have nothing to worry about. How else will people get from Point A to Point B when this is over?
Old 10-30-2020, 11:40 AM   #13297
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
our familiesí aside, itís not getting any better for my country, in fact worse, really worse considering Dr. Fauci said we should strive for 10,000 cases/day to control this epidemic going into the fall/winter season -

85,000 new COVID-19 cases reported in US | WNT - YouTube

not to mention disgusting cyber attacks now of some hospital systems by Russian hackers freezing hospital computers resulting in things like not allowing doctors' access to patientsí imaging, progress notes etc.
Luke any crisis, you get the best AND worst of humanity. The latest scam is a mobile phone text informing People that they were in contact with someone with COVID and to click on a link. Pathetic isnít it?

Those cyber attacks you mention are just the lowest of the low, those souls are already lost AFAIAC.
Old 10-30-2020, 01:06 PM   #13298
Hot Deals Moderator

Aug 2007
Michigan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema84 View Post
Movie theaters, restaurants and many small businesses may not survive COVID but airlines have nothing to worry about. How else will people get from Point A to Point B when this is over?
The thing is that many less people will be flying, especially business travelers. No reason for the expense/time for flights and hotels when you can just do a Zoom meeting.
Old 10-30-2020, 02:00 PM   #13299
Power Member

Jul 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitSportsFan View Post
The thing is that many less people will be flying, especially business travelers. No reason for the expense/time for flights and hotels when you can just do a Zoom meeting.
I agree. Business have been forced to find alternative ways to work and communicate. I think over the last 7 months people have become comfortable with some of these changes and NOT seen a drop off in production and communication.

Will some of these changes "take" over the long term, I think it's too early to tell.
Old 10-30-2020, 02:01 PM   #13300
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2008
Calgary, Alberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema84 View Post
They won't have money to get from Point A to Point B - at least Joe Sixpack won't. Our elite overlords though will continue to take their private jets and rent out entire islands for birthday bashes.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat