Best iTunes Movie Deals

Cyber Monday Deals are Now Live »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Wizarding World 10 Film Collection (iTunes)
$59.99

Mission: Impossible 6-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$39.99

Spider-Man: Far from Home / Spider-Man: Homecoming (iTunes)
$14.99

24, The Complete Series (iTunes)
$59.99
6 hrs ago
Creed / Creed II (iTunes)
$9.99

Best Picture Favorites (iTunes)
$35.96

Predator 4-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

Bumblebee + Transformers 6 -Movie Collection (iTunes)
$34.99

Hobbs & Shaw 5-Movie Bundle (iTunes)
$29.99

The Wes Anderson 4 Movie Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

Star Trek 3-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$19.99

The Matrix Trilogy (iTunes)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies

Old 11-21-2020, 07:56 PM   #1

Jul 2020
Default Please help: I'm not understanding Digital Codes

Hello all, new-ish user - first thread. Just starting a 4K steelbook collection of my favorite movies and so I'm trimming my blu-ray titles. I've never used digital codes but looking to sell some - along with my DVD's/Blu-Rays - to subsidize the cost of upgrading to 4K.

I've read the FAQ's but I'm still confused about where to redeem certain codes like UV. For instance, my John Wick 2 code is a UV code or iTunes compatible. Since UV is gone, is iTunes the only place this code can be redeemed?

Moreover, in an attempt to verify if this code was still good, I went to moviesanywhere.com, entered code, and a screen popped up giving me four options - iTunes, Google Play and two others I don't recall. I clicked on iTunes believing that it would not be redeemed given that I am not logged into iTunes nor do I have an account. Unfortunately, it was redeemed somehow and I got this screen pop-up.

Did I somehow redeem the code or did it convert to an iTunes code that has yet to be redeemed? Again, I'm not familiar with this process and looking for some clarity before I test out other codes for reselling.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg code.jpg (73.9 KB, 152 views)
Old 11-21-2020, 08:30 PM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2011
Houston, TX

In large part it depends on your preferred vendor (usually Vudu or iTunes). Some codes only redeem into one vendor (old releases redeem into multiple platforms but not recent ones). Movies Anywhere eligible codes (Fox/Disney/Sony/WB) port across vendors. If a MA code can be redeemed into iTunes that is usually preferred since iTunes sometimes give free 4K upgrade of HD codes.

Credit to TheDean for these resources:

Where to Redeem Spreadsheet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...gid=1280790382

[Show spoiler](Lionsgate): iTunes? or Google Play? or Vudu or FandangoNOW
(Lionsgate / A24): Google Play or Vudu or FandangoNow
(Lionsgate / Grindstone): iTunes or Google Play or Vudu or FandangoNOW
(Lionsgate / Summit): iTunes or Google Play or Vudu or FandangoNOW
(Lionsgate / Roadside Attractions): iTunes or Google Play or Vudu or FandangoNOW
(Lionsgate / Amazon): Amazon Prime Video or Vudu or FandangoNow
(Lionsgate / Saban): iTunes or Google Play or Vudu or FandangoNOW
(Lionsgate / Entertainment Studios): iTunes or Google Play or Vudu or FandangoNow
(Paramount): iTunes or Vudu or FandangoNow
(Paramount / Saban): iTunes + Vudu or FandangoNOW
(Sony): MA or Vudu or FandangoNow
(Sony TV): Vudu or FandangoNow
(Universal): MA or Vudu or FandangoNow
(Universal/Dreamworks): MA or Vudu
(Universal/MGM): iTunes
(Universal/STX): iTunes
(WB): MA or Vudu or FandangoNow
(WB/MGM): Vudu
(WB TV): Vudu or FandangoNow
(Disney): MA / Vudu / Google Play / FandangoNOW + DMI points
(Disney): MA / iTunes / Vudu / Google Play / FandangoNOW + DMI points
(Disney/Fox): MA / Vudu / Google Play / FandangoNOW + DMI points
(Disney/Fox): MA / iTunes? / Vudu / Google Play / FandangoNOW? + DMI points
(iTunes, Google, FN may require https://redeemdigitalmovie.com/)
(Fox): MA or Google Play or Vudu
(HBO): iTunes? + Google Play? + Vudu or FandangoNow?
(HBO): Vudu

For ongoing and recent releases this is a good thread:
https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=236721
Old 11-22-2020, 12:38 AM   #3

Jul 2020

Wow. Thank you Undeadcow and TheDean!

Regarding the John Wick code being accidentally redeemed, the window pop up gave me a different code for iTunes. I don't have iTunes to verify, but essentially, did the initial code convert to an iTunes code?
Old 11-22-2020, 01:02 AM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

May 2014
Boston, MA

I always find Vudu is the best place to test if a code is still good. Also useful for copying the code to send to buyers, as there is often a lot of digits. The trick is not to be signed in. Otherwise you will redeem the code.

If not signed in, a sign in box should pop up after you enter the code, if the code still works. If it doesnít work, or you have a typo, itíll say there is something wrong with the code. What I do to avoid mistakes is have my own personal Vudu account in chrome, and my test Vudu in internet explorer. That way I never burn a code by forgetting to log out.

Unfortunately there is no easy way to test if iTunes still works. I usually just send older codes, and ask them to pay if it redeems.
Old 11-22-2020, 01:52 AM   #5
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robopredinator View Post
Regarding the John Wick code being accidentally redeemed, the window pop up gave me a different code for iTunes. I don't have iTunes to verify, but essentially, did the initial code convert to an iTunes code?
Yes, the code was converted into an iTunes code. That code will work in iTunes, and the original code will no longer work.

UV was a porting system, not a style of code. Codes labelled "UV" have either been converted into MA system codes, or if from a non-MA studio (i.e. Lionsgate (John Wick)), the code will work in Vudu and/or FandangoNow (FN).
Old 11-22-2020, 01:56 AM   #6
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robopredinator View Post
Wow. Thank you Undeadcow and TheDean!

John Wick isnít Movies Anywhere code. Also, since you selected iTunes at the moviesredeem site, the code is now an iTunes code. For Lionsgate films these days with the longer 16 digit codes, you have to generate an iTunes code. Similar to Fox codes when they first went to single redeems and now with Paramount codes.

Based on want you initially posted, it just sounds like an iTunes code you generated at the movieredeem site and thatís it. So, it should still be able to redeem on iTunes unless you opened iTunes and redeem it there after generating the iTunes code.

For future reference, donít click on any of the options shown at the movieredeem site unless that is the choice you want to have.
Old 11-22-2020, 02:38 AM   #7

Jul 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by arob View Post
I always find Vudu is the best place to test if a code is still good. Also useful for copying the code to send to buyers, as there is often a lot of digits. The trick is not to be signed in. Otherwise you will redeem the code.

If not signed in, a sign in box should pop up after you enter the code, if the code still works. If it doesnít work, or you have a typo, itíll say there is something wrong with the code. What I do to avoid mistakes is have my own personal Vudu account in chrome, and my test Vudu in internet explorer. That way I never burn a code by forgetting to log out.

Unfortunately there is no easy way to test if iTunes still works. I usually just send older codes, and ask them to pay if it redeems.
Great tip! I'll be sure to try that method to avoid accidentally redeeming in the future. Although, I wasn't logged in but I made the mistake of clicking the iTunes link that converted it, it seems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackedknee View Post
Yes, the code was converted into an iTunes code. That code will work in iTunes, and the original code will no longer work.

UV was a porting system, not a style of code. Codes labelled "UV" have either been converted into MA system codes, or if from a non-MA studio (i.e. Lionsgate (John Wick)), the code will work in Vudu and/or FandangoNow (FN).
That makes sense now with regard to UV being a porting system. And thanks for answering my other question! I was about to ask what FN was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsung122212 View Post
John Wick isnít Movies Anywhere code. Also, since you selected iTunes at the moviesredeem site, the code is now an iTunes code. For Lionsgate films these days with the longer 16 digit codes, you have to generate an iTunes code. Similar to Fox codes when they first went to single redeems and now with Paramount codes.

Based on want you initially posted, it just sounds like an iTunes code you generated at the movieredeem site and thatís it. So, it should still be able to redeem on iTunes unless you opened iTunes and redeem it there after generating the iTunes code.

For future reference, donít click on any of the options shown at the movieredeem site unless that is the choice you want to have.
Lesson learned!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies