Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Game of Thrones: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$167.26
35 min ago
Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Batman: The Complete Animated Series (Blu-ray)
$41.99

Twin Peaks: From Z to A (Blu-ray)
$121.79

Batman: 80th Anniversary 18-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.96

Harry Potter: 8-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$110.96
19 hrs ago
Stephen King's The Stand (Blu-ray)
$20.89

Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Avatar: The Last Airbender / The Legend of Korra - The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$43.99

Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Back to the Future: 30th Anniversary Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$16.99

The Lighthouse (Blu-ray)
$17.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > OLED TVs

Old 11-15-2019, 12:16 AM   #4301
Special Member

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman1977 View Post
Keep in mind that if one somehow mess up their set doing this, they could be out of luck as far as warranty goes.
Yea but you need to be an.....if you manage that, scroll down to 13 set tcp to 0 and exit and restart your tv.
Old 11-15-2019, 03:16 AM   #4302
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by shield80 View Post
From AVSforum

Following the thread I opened here and the solution that was found here:

The LG OLED TV will dim when the "average" picture stays unchanged for more than 60s.
This can be really annoying when watching videos/movies that have scenes longer than 60s.
This feature/function cannot be turned off in the normal user accessible menu. It can however be disabled the Service Menu (also known as IN-START):

How to access the Service Menu:
Follow instructions given here or buy the Service Menu Explorer LG TV Android App (US$ 6,06) (See attachment 01).
Press the blue button on the left, labelled "IN START" in my screenshot.
The TV will ask for a password, it should be 0413.

What to change:
Go to "13. OLED" (if you dont see it, press exit on the remote and access the Service Menu again).
Set "TPC Enable" to '0' or 'Off' (depending on your model/firmware). (See attachment 02)
Press Exit on the remote. (The change will be saved)
Enjoy.

Tips:
You only need the App to access the Service Menu, you can use the normal remote to enter the password and navigate inside the menu.
Return doesn't work, you will have to use the app button (the left one, blue, labelled "IN START" in my screenshot) to "navigate back".
The Red button on the app gives you access to "EZ Adjust
Yeah I saw that, but you need an android to accomplish this. I have an iPhone. Thereís no ďservice menu explorer lg tvĒ app.

I was hoping it would be as easy as entering a combo with the regular remote lol. Like ##99## or something.
Old 11-15-2019, 02:51 PM   #4303
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
MSG CHASE BRIDGE

of course if you screw up your warranty is voided....just so you know
Old 11-15-2019, 05:15 PM   #4304
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by punisher View Post
of course if you screw up your warranty is voided....just so you know
Well I ordered an "LG Service Remote" for $9 off Amazon and it will be delivered tomorrow. I don't see how I could manage screwing up three clicks of a remote though. From what I've been reading, thousands of people have done this same thing, no issue.

Knock on wood.

Last edited by RustinCohle; 11-16-2019 at 01:27 AM.
Thanks given by:
KC-Technerd (11-16-2019)
Old 11-16-2019, 04:13 PM   #4305

Dec 2008
Netherlands

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustinCohle View Post
Well I ordered an "LG Service Remote" for $9 off Amazon and it will be delivered tomorrow. I don't see how I could manage screwing up three clicks of a remote though. From what I've been reading, thousands of people have done this same thing, no issue.

Knock on wood.
Let us know how it goes.
Thanks given by:
punisher (11-16-2019)
Old 11-16-2019, 09:07 PM   #4306
Special Member

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by fpas View Post
Let us know how it goes.
I have done this since I bought my B6 till C9, it is easy and nothing has gone wrong
Old 11-16-2019, 09:31 PM   #4307

Oct 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabbatheblack View Post
So, I recently bought an LG OLED C9 and while I love the look of it, something Iíve noticed is that a lot of times when thereís tracking or panning shots, thereís a judder on the screen that ranges from minor to very distracting at times. Has anyone else had this problem, and if so is there any fix to this?
This has been happening to me since I bought my B8. Nothing entirely fixes it. I've tried every trick advised to me. Some discs play much smoother than others, too, for whatever reason. The streaming has also always caused judder and issues with motion.

I honestly wish I had bought a more recent QLED instead.
Old 11-17-2019, 01:43 AM   #4308
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamjankowski View Post
Some discs play much smoother than others, too, for whatever reason.
Shutter speed it was shot at, etc. Lower quality screen tech just obfuscates it with blur.
Old 11-17-2019, 04:44 AM   #4309

Oct 2019

So, the judder is supposed to be there then? Iím just curious to know the reason for it.
Old 11-18-2019, 11:37 AM   #4310

Oct 2010
Kelso

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jabbatheblack View Post
So, the judder is supposed to be there then? Iím just curious to know the reason for it.
This is stutter. I think it's not a flaw of the TV but rather an inherent issue with the low frame rate that TV shows and movies are shot at. Black frame insertion is an attempt at addressing the issue but I gather it has undesirable side effects. Obviously film is really a series of images. In panning shots, due to the low frame rate, with each new frame objects may have moved in the interim. It's creates a stuttering effect. It's more obvious on OLEDs because of their fast response time.

Check out the RTings review for your TV. They provide the appropriate settings to get rid of judder (which is a separate issue to stutter).
Old 11-18-2019, 11:48 AM   #4311

Oct 2010
Kelso

Quote:

Knock on wood.
Presumably this feature is intended to reduce the risk of burn in. I doubt that disabling it is totally free of consequence.
Old 11-18-2019, 12:19 PM   #4312
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2013
UK

Interestingly, I'm now seeing what some users have been saying they can for a while now on my B8.

Real Cinema to On seems quite smooth now. Still looks more like film than video, but smoother than it was

So to my fellow forum users who were seeing this and might have been thinking they were going insane, I believe you. I don't dislike it, actually looks nice and doesn't add any artefacts from frame estimation. Maybe they just fixed an issue with Real Cinema mode not working properly and this is filtering through in the various model updates worldwide? I've read one theory it's adding 5:5 pulldown, so displaying at 120hz but without the horrible motion estimation from TruMotion.

It's with 23.976p content, Real Cinema on and TruMotion totally off. TruMotion set to user blanks it out.
Old 11-18-2019, 01:23 PM   #4313
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Grudge View Post
Presumably this feature is intended to reduce the risk of burn in. I doubt that disabling it is totally free of consequence.
They should find a way to reduce the risk of burn-in without making it so obvious that the picture is dimming and then has a delayed "jump" back to the correct brightness when the scene changes.

However, I have a five-year warranty through Geek Squad, with three years left on it, which covers burn-in. This feature can always be turned back on and I don't watch any sports, news, or anything that really has static images.
Old 11-18-2019, 03:23 PM   #4314

Oct 2010
Kelso

Quote:
They should find a way to reduce the risk of burn-in without making it so obvious that the picture is dimming and then has a delayed "jump" back to the correct brightness when the scene changes.

However, I have a five-year warranty through Geek Squad, with three years left on it, which covers burn-in. This feature can always be turned back on and I don't watch any sports, news, or anything that really has static images.
It could be that LG are just being extra cautious. After all there's no fixing permanent burn in it and these are expensive items.
Old 11-18-2019, 07:32 PM   #4315

Oct 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by John The Grudge View Post
This is stutter. I think it's not a flaw of the TV but rather an inherent issue with the low frame rate that TV shows and movies are shot at. Black frame insertion is an attempt at addressing the issue but I gather it has undesirable side effects. Obviously film is really a series of images. In panning shots, due to the low frame rate, with each new frame objects may have moved in the interim. It's creates a stuttering effect. It's more obvious on OLEDs because of their fast response time.

Check out the RTings review for your TV. They provide the appropriate settings to get rid of judder (which is a separate issue to stutter).
I see, well I don’t have this problem on my Samsung Q6 and I’ve tried messing with the tru motion settings to reduce it, but I’m not too fond of it due to the soap opera effect it introduces. Would you mind telling me what settings you use? I’m not quite sure if it’s judder or stutter I’m dealing with.
Old 11-21-2019, 04:24 PM   #4316
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2008
Thornton, CO

who's gonna have the best price of the 77 C9 on BF?
Thanks given by:
Robert Zohn (11-21-2019)
Old 11-21-2019, 09:04 PM   #4317

Jul 2011
PA, USA

If anyone has a C9 and an external sound system and Apple TV 4K, do you get any audio lip sync delay issues? My C6 does when playing Dolby Vision content. Just curious if the new models have the same issue. HDR is fine, only when playing Dolby Vision.
Old 11-24-2019, 03:22 AM   #4318
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2013

I was looking at the 2019 oled line up. We have a b6 and I’m itching to upgrade. Haha.

Anyway. I noticed that the new versions supposedly offer hbo go? Is that true?

Also, I found this: https://help.hbogola.com/hc/en-us/ar...app-supported-

It claims the b6 supports hbo go but I can’t find it for the life of me. Is hbo go available on any lg oled??
Old 11-24-2019, 03:38 PM   #4319
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by weberrygt View Post
I was looking at the 2019 oled line up. We have a b6 and I’m itching to upgrade. Haha.

Anyway. I noticed that the new versions supposedly offer hbo go? Is that true?

Also, I found this: https://help.hbogola.com/hc/en-us/ar...app-supported-

It claims the b6 supports hbo go but I can’t find it for the life of me. Is hbo go available on any lg oled??
That link isn't from the US HBO GO website. Samsung has exclusive rights to HBO TV apps in the US. The only exceptions are TCL Roku TVs I believe.

However, I do have a question.. Can you stream HBO through the Hulu or Amazon Prime Video app? I don't want to pay the money just to figure out that it doesn't work, but I know you can add-on HBO to your Hulu or Prime Video account. Could this be accessed through the Hulu or Prime Video app?
Old 11-24-2019, 04:13 PM   #4320
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
MSG CHASE BRIDGE

you can when using the Firestick.Amazon has the 4K stick on sale for 24.99, that's 50% off and a great deal. I have two of them and they work perfectly on my E8 and C7 tv's. Apps are free. I don't use HBO on it but it is available.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > OLED TVs