Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
18 hrs ago
Shrek: The Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99
18 hrs ago
The Marx Brothers Silver Screen Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
18 hrs ago
E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Knives Out 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Apocalypse Now 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.27

Back to the Future: 30th Anniversary Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$16.99
18 hrs ago
Friday the 13th: 8-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Dredd 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
23 hrs ago
Planet Earth II and Blue Planet II: The Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Rambo: The Complete Collector's Set (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Mummy Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat

Old 11-17-2019, 03:52 AM   #14781
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2012
USNA

Speaking of taxes, I asked my payroll manager at work to withhold an extra $20 a week on top of the $20 they've been withholding for a year prior. It's my way of maintaining a savings account, only it's forced, meaning I can't take money out of it. It's the only way I save money. For the life of me I can't make myself put money away the normal way
Old 11-17-2019, 05:12 AM   #14782
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2014
tennessee

well I made a stupid mistake this past tues because I didn't want to pay full price peanut butter falcon bluray over at Walmart.

that morning I order it pre owned 11.97 bullmoose website along with dc legends of tomorrow season 4 bluray wanted free shipping

I supposed to had gotten both in mail today, however stupid usps saying in transit arriving late I hope get them mon

perhaps I should had waited when it was available for shipping tues night 12.99 best buy I prob would had order peanut butter shipping

or just went paid full price Walmart since I couldn't even at the time order it amazon saying temp out stock 12.99 anyways
Old 11-18-2019, 10:02 PM   #14783
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2012
USNA

We've all heard the phrase "the world has gone to shit" lots of times but it doesn't truly hit you until you binge watch public freakout videos on Youtube. Holy cow. There are a LOT of very disturbed individuals out there and most of them are at Walmart or some other store giving workers a hard time for stupid shit like being asked to show a receipt. If you paid for all that crap you're walking off with, it won't cost you extra to whip out the receipt and show it upon request. You LITERALLY just got one (if you paid, of course). I've seen idiots throw tantrums and make threats and just generally act like *******s. And I think many of them do it for kicks because they're filming the encounters with their cell phones. And those road rage clips. Are people actually willing to risk injury to themselves from passing vehicles and/or other insane persons? Endless supply of really bad drivers making equally bad judgment calls out there
Thanks given by:
Monterey Jack (11-19-2019)
Old 11-19-2019, 12:22 AM   #14784

Jun 2015
Issaquah, WA

Oh my f'ing god! Tried to upload some documents to Experian for an hour and it just didn't work. They said they accept PDF or TIF total under 15MB and I tried both formats for files that are way under 1MB. It is also impossible to get off their mailing list once you sign up an account to view your credit report.
Old 11-19-2019, 12:41 AM   #14785
Power Member

Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinema84 View Post
We've all heard the phrase "the world has gone to shit" lots of times but it doesn't truly hit you until you binge watch public freakout videos on Youtube. Holy cow. There are a LOT of very disturbed individuals out there and most of them are at Walmart or some other store giving workers a hard time for stupid shit like being asked to show a receipt. If you paid for all that crap you're walking off with, it won't cost you extra to whip out the receipt and show it upon request. You LITERALLY just got one (if you paid, of course). I've seen idiots throw tantrums and make threats and just generally act like *******s. And I think many of them do it for kicks because they're filming the encounters with their cell phones. And those road rage clips. Are people actually willing to risk injury to themselves from passing vehicles and/or other insane persons? Endless supply of really bad drivers making equally bad judgment calls out there
You have to factor in the number of people that are doing it on purpose in hopes of "going viral."
Old 11-19-2019, 12:46 AM   #14786
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman Horton View Post
You have to factor in the number of people that are doing it on purpose in hopes of "going viral."
which, i would be willing to bet a large amount of money, would be a very high percentage of them.

it's all about "look at me...give me money"
Old 11-19-2019, 01:05 AM   #14787

May 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by sk33tr View Post
which, i would be willing to bet a large amount of money, would be a very high percentage of them.

This is the best one out there IMO. Guy gets owned big time.

OT: I only have $0.41 left for the month.
Old 11-19-2019, 01:10 AM   #14788
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009
Commonwealth of Virgin

I hate my jaw. I've been clamping grinding for days now. Stupid aneixty. Got an appointment Friday but still ��
Old 11-19-2019, 01:45 PM   #14789
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2012
USNA

Quote:

Wait, so people actually make money by filming encounters and posting the clips on youtube? So most of that stuff is just people being *******s for kicks and/or to get paid? Unreal

Last edited by Cinema84; 11-19-2019 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-19-2019, 03:48 PM   #14790
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
Deep in the heart of NE Texas

I’m pissed that I have no release! Both my private and professional life are driving me nuts. The SM is driving me nuts with his antics and unrealistic expectations. Hopefully I can knock out my project today without him adding something to it. Otherwise I’m going to point out that this is why nothing gets finished.

It’s like working for Doug, the dog from Up. Then something as simple as, “Put your phone away. It is time to go to bed.” turns into a thing with The Boy and The Ex last night. So, maybe I’m just tired and that’s making me feel like I have a short fuse. Fingers crossed I can turn this around. Because this is sucking the life out of me.
Thanks given by:
Batman1980 (11-19-2019)
Old 11-19-2019, 03:56 PM   #14791
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2011
Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Donster View Post
Iím pissed that I have no release! Both my private and professional life are driving me nuts. The SM is driving me nuts with his antics and unrealistic expectations. Hopefully I can knock out my project today without him adding something to it. Otherwise Iím going to point out that this is why nothing gets finished.

Itís like working for Doug, the dog from Up. Then something as simple as, ďPut your phone away. It is time to go to bed.Ē turns into a thing with The Boy and The Ex last night. So, maybe Iím just tired and thatís making me feel like I have a short fuse. Fingers crossed I can turn this around. Because this is sucking the life out of me.
buy a heavy bag with a stand. hang it...beat the shit out of it. it's great in helping to release your frustrations. plus it's a pretty good workout.
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (11-20-2019), The_Donster (11-20-2019), Xtempo (11-19-2019)
Old 11-19-2019, 04:36 PM   #14792

May 2019

Quote:
Iím pissed that I have no release! Both my private and professional life are driving me nuts. The SM is driving me nuts with his antics and unrealistic expectations. Hopefully I can knock out my project today without him adding something to it. Otherwise Iím going to point out that this is why nothing gets finished.

Itís like working for Doug, the dog from Up. Then something as simple as, ďPut your phone away. It is time to go to bed.Ē turns into a thing with The Boy and The Ex last night. So, maybe Iím just tired and thatís making me feel like I have a short fuse. Fingers crossed I can turn this around. Because this is sucking the life out of me.
Have you ever seen that movie Yes Man? I don't want to post the clip and get banned.

Hope your day gets better.
Thanks given by:
The_Donster (11-21-2019)
Old 11-19-2019, 05:03 PM   #14793
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009
Commonwealth of Virgin

Quote:
buy a heavy bag with a stand. hang it...beat the shit out of it. it's great in helping to release your frustrations. plus it's a pretty good workout.
I feel like this a lot. Personal and retail lives. I hope to actually get where I have a professional life but every thing seems to be problematic and I'm not there yet.
Old 11-19-2019, 06:10 PM   #14794
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2007

Quote:
Speaking of taxes, I asked my payroll manager at work to withhold an extra $20 a week on top of the $20 they've been withholding for a year prior. It's my way of maintaining a savings account, only it's forced, meaning I can't take money out of it. It's the only way I save money. For the life of me I can't make myself put money away the normal way
Why give the government more then they ask for unless it is to lesson the blow at the end of the year because you always pay. But never use the government as a saving account imo. Even a crummy local bank will give a small fraction of a percent interest or look at a high yield savings account around 2-4% and just have it payroll deducted from your check so you don't touch it. But what ever you do don't give it willingly to this government to hold for you.
Old 11-20-2019, 04:23 AM   #14795
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2011

Quote:
There are a LOT of very disturbed individuals out there and most of them are at Walmart or some other store giving workers a hard time for stupid shit like being asked to show a receipt. If you paid for all that crap you're walking off with, it won't cost you extra to whip out the receipt and show it upon request. You LITERALLY just got one (if you paid, of course).
There you go.

Always funny how these people can't be arsed to just take all of ten seconds to show the goddamn receipt, and make some nebulous threats about sending their cell phone video "to corporate". You know it's just preening for show, as they already have their cell phones out ready to go and are deliberately provoking some poor worker who's just following store procedure. I just don't understand how these clips "going viral" does the person taking the video any sort of good, as all it does is make them look like a raging arsewhole. Watch ANY of these public freakout videos, and 90% of the time, whoever is taking the video during these heated arguments with store employees is obviously 100% in the wrong.
Old 11-20-2019, 04:35 AM   #14796
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2011

Speaking of public freakout videos, how about those ones where an angry parent "spontaneously" smashes the shit out of his kid's phone or gaming system?

I suppose we're supposed to get some mean, vicarious thrill out of seeing a parent break some PS4 or the latest cell phone while their kids wail piteously in the background, but they're all so obviously staged, with some third party always just happening to be there to capture all of the destruction and "traumatized" kids' reactions. Especially unconvincing when it's the kid themselves taking the video, and they just stand there screaming while their "precious" gaming system or phone gets whaled on instead of, I dunno, putting down the phone they're recording it on and trying to stop their parents, like any kid actually would. It's like those found-footage horror movies where the lead characters never just drop their camera and run, like a sensible person would, they just keep filming, no matter what. I can never buy it for a second.
Old 11-20-2019, 07:08 PM   #14797

Jun 2018
S-Central IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorCampBlu View Post
me: ebay seller, please mail my dvd set

them: "mailed it last week"

me: (sure you did) can I have the tracking??

them: it was a holiday, not sure where I put the tracking lol

me: (I'm totally believing you) sure, ok

me: item never received/ebay no-ship - time to open a case

them: "it's in the mail, i swear"

me: (I'm going to ignore you now and let the clock run down and ask ebay to give me money but thanks for wasting every ones time and guess who isn't afraid to leave negative feedback?)

me: crap, took forever to find this set and not paying scalpers prices, just another empty space on my self that might one day get filled.

I do realize the seller may be perfectly honest, but their messages are just not convincing.
I knew it, been playing the ebay game way to long

Above Seller just uploaded tracking - that is Pending Shipment - so my expectations will also be pending (lol/grrr) -- if the Seller had an issue (hospital, under attack by wild turkeys etc) - I'd understand - I'll take a lie, how would I'd ever verify?......... grrrrrrrrrr people

At best item arrives really late and with an open case and less than positive future feedback, probably.

Update 1: Message from Seller says he's sending a 'replacement' copy -- for the one that never had any tracking and the Seller is a 'junk' seller who doesn't have any multiple unit listings - so that's pretty amazing he had a "2nd set" --- like I said sure tell me a good lie, hell, I might even believe it, but 'sure you do' and I'll wait and see.
Thanks given by:
Batman1980 (11-20-2019)
Old 11-21-2019, 03:09 AM   #14798

Apr 2017
Charlotte, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoorCampBlu View Post
I knew it, been playing the ebay game way to long

Above Seller just uploaded tracking - that is Pending Shipment - so my expectations will also be pending (lol/grrr) -- if the Seller had an issue (hospital, under attack by wild turkeys etc) - I'd understand - I'll take a lie, how would I'd ever verify?......... grrrrrrrrrr people

At best item arrives really late and with an open case and less than positive future feedback, probably.

Update 1: Message from Seller says he's sending a 'replacement' copy -- for the one that never had any tracking and the Seller is a 'junk' seller who doesn't have any multiple unit listings - so that's pretty amazing he had a "2nd set" --- like I said sure tell me a good lie, hell, I might even believe it, but 'sure you do' and I'll wait and see.
If you havenít heard of Mercari itís a good site, similar to ebay but thereís
no auctions. The cool thing Mercari does once you buy an item they hold
payment from the seller until you confirm youíve received your order and
itís as described.
Old 11-21-2019, 03:38 AM   #14799
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
Deep in the heart of NE Texas

Iím tired of the SM throwing me under the bus and telling our superiors that I lack focus. When the real problem is Iíve not been trained properly. I definitely wish that my new place could accommodate a punching bag sk33tr
Thanks given by:
Batman1980 (11-21-2019)
Old 11-23-2019, 12:36 PM   #14800
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2012
USNA

Quote:
Iím tired of the SM throwing me under the bus and telling our superiors that I lack focus. When the real problem is Iíve not been trained properly. I definitely wish that my new place could accommodate a punching bag sk33tr
You're new at the job but already you're being treated like crap by your bosses? Usually it'll be a while before a manager decides he doesn't like someone and picks on them. I'd hate to be stuck at a hostile environment
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat