Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Cyber Monday Deals are Now Live »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Star Trek 4K (Blu-ray)
$7.99
2 hrs ago
Gladiator 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Friday the 13th: 8-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99
 
Planet Earth II and Blue Planet II: The Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Black Sails: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Batman Beyond: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$60.99
 
Braveheart 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Jack Ryan 5-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Avatar - The Last Airbender: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$81.31
 
Dragon Ball Z: Seasons 1-9 Collection (Blu-ray)
$123.49
 
The Mummy Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Mission: Impossible - 6 Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$23.12
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Cyber Monday Deals > Movie and TV Deals


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-08-2013, 01:52 PM   #21
Bruisermoore Bruisermoore is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Bruisermoore's Avatar
 
Jan 2012
Wherever I am right now.
69
417
9
319
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cvargo View Post
Glad to have a new thread with more concise info. It was very funny though to see all the negative reaction right away.
It's funny and yet sad at the same time. People are always so quick to judge and insult, even when they obviously have no idea what's going on. I was just shaking my head when I started reading some of the smart ass comments, especially those from people that I respect on here and should know better.

With that said, this is going to be great for all involved with the DMC, from first timers needing an answer, to grizzled vets not having to (hopefully) answer the same three or four questions page after page. It was harder to fault those asking questions in the old thread because the OP was all over the place and a bit disheveled.

Thanks so much for doing this Velmeran, I truly appreciate the time and effort you've put into this! Awesome name as well.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:00 PM   #22
GuyIncognito GuyIncognito is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
GuyIncognito's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
34
430
102
759
1075
136
10
94
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Read the FAQ View Post
Note: This section is still a work-in-progress!

Information about the Disney Movie Club (DMC)[INDENT]The Deal:[INDENT]Signing up for the Disney Movie Club (aka Disney BluRay Club) with promo code 17674B resutls in the following terms & conditions:
Five Disney Blu-Rays for $1.00 (or 20 each) as part of the initial sign-up offer.
Plus you can take an optional Blu-Ray for an additional $11.95 (this title will go towards your commitment of 3 titles)
Plus you can take an optional Blu-Ray for an additional $8.95 (this title will not go towards your commitment of 3 titles)
• While agreeing to purchase 3 commitment titles within the next 24 months.

So for $21.90 you can get 7 Disney Blu-Rays (and that price includes shipping)
I would consider changing this section to as follows

Five Disney Blu-Rays for $1.00 (or 20 each) as part of the initial sign-up offer while agreeing to purchase 3 commitment titles within the next 24 months.
Plus during initial signup you can take an optional Blu-Ray for an additional $11.95 (this title will go towards your commitment of 3 titles)
Plus you can take an additional optional Blu-Ray for an extra $8.95 (this title will not go towards your commitment of 3 titles)

So after the initial title you will end up with either 7 Disney titles for $21.90 (still required to buy two more, regular-priced movies) or 6 Disney titles for $12.95 (still required to buy two more, regular-priced movies)

Quote:
Originally Posted by movieguy037 View Post
[Show spoiler]I love how all these members who clearly don't frequent the original DMC thread, were quick to point out that one existed/this thread was unnecessary/it would be closed soon bc the OP was a 'newbie'

oh well



LOL and it begins already!

lol the "upgrade to Blu" deal isn't valid with this Promo code in the OP as it's already registered as being signed up under the Blu membership
^^^this needs to be added to the OP, stat! lol
I made this very suggestion when talk of the new thread started since it was becoming a more frequent question. It should replace the FAQ about ebates since anyone who comes to this new thread won't have any idea about it (I didn't even know about it until recently going through the entire FAQ to see what questions should be added).

Last edited by GuyIncognito; 06-08-2013 at 02:05 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:30 PM   #23
Velmeran Velmeran is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Apr 2009
Minnesota
268
8
-6
Default

First part/suggestion is done.

Working on a couple new Q&A's for the FAQ - plus tweaking some to be a bit more helpful now.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:36 PM   #24
GuyIncognito GuyIncognito is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
GuyIncognito's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
34
430
102
759
1075
136
10
94
-5
Default

Just for the sake of clarity, has there ever been a featured title which did not count as a commitment? The FAQ says "typically" so even if a new member reads the FAQ, they may still ask if a $24.95 title counts towards a commitment because it's lower than $29.95


Every month (sometimes you'll get two in one month but not very often) the DMC will have a "Featured Title" of the month (usually at a discount price). You have until a certain date (specified in the mailer or email) to contact the club and let them know if you want to accept or decline the title. You can contact them by mail, website, or phone. If you don't contact them by the specified date, DMC will treat it like you accepted that Featured Title. They will automatically send it to you and will bill your credit card on file. If you initially declined the current featured title, you can call in and still request it as long as it's before the specified date


How does that look instead?
(I don't exactly know if that last sentence is true but I think I've done that on one of my enrollments)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velmeran View Post
First part/suggestion is done.

Working on a couple new Q&A's for the FAQ - plus tweaking some to be a bit more helpful now.
Cool.

Maybe it's just me but I would still put the info about needing three commitment titles before giving the info about the optional bonuses. A new person may look at that and think that even after the $11.95 title they are required to buy three more. Only because the actual deals is 5 movies for $1 with the requirement to purchase three more. Then you can take advantage of the bonus options.

Other than that I like the setup. Hopefully some past featured titles can trickle in so we can expand that section a little more. I know one guy said they have mailer catalogs from up to a year ago I think. I forget who that was.

Last edited by GuyIncognito; 06-08-2013 at 02:47 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:51 PM   #25
Velmeran Velmeran is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Apr 2009
Minnesota
268
8
-6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyIncognito View Post
Other than that I like the setup. Hopefully some past featured titles can trickle in so we can expand that section a little more. I know one guy said they have mailer catalogs from up to a year ago I think. I forget who that was.
I believe BluMan has some (can't remember if he was the one who offered past ones up or not).

I tossed out all of my old mailers after the last time the spreadsheet got updated (the 2.0 version)
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #26
cinemaphile cinemaphile is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
cinemaphile's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Illinois
311
-6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruisermoore View Post
It's funny and yet sad at the same time. People are always so quick to judge and insult, even when they obviously have no idea what's going on. I was just shaking my head when I started reading some of the smart ass comments, especially those from people that I respect on here and should know better.
For what it is worth, I tried to immediately delete my first reply, which I realized sounded more serious than I intended, but for some reason it wouldnt let me delete my post (and I still can't delete posts today ). Also I tried to clarify in my next one that I was just teasing and was all for someone taking this on, and that was BEFORE I realized it was Velmeran or saw that it had been approved and discussed.

Last edited by cinemaphile; 06-08-2013 at 03:15 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:15 PM   #27
cinemaphile cinemaphile is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
cinemaphile's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
Illinois
311
-6
Default

To those who have pm'd me with comments or suggestions for this thread, I am not going to be one of the caretakers of this thread - your comments should be directed to Velmeran or one of the others he authorizes, or just post in the thread.
Velmeran did contact me about bringing me in on it and giving me editing access since I started the original, but I declined the offer. As I told him, I haven't been one of the primary caretakers of this thing for a long time, and those other guys are doing a great job. My baby is the Movie Cash thread, and that one keeps me busy enough

Keep up the great work, guys!

p.s. Velmeran, perhaps once it's established you could list in the OP who has editing access so people know whom they can contact to make changes/updates?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:11 PM   #28
Velmeran Velmeran is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Apr 2009
Minnesota
268
8
-6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemaphile View Post
For what it is worth, I tried to immediately delete my first reply, which I realized sounded more serious than I intended, but for some reason it wouldnt let me delete my post (and I still can't delete posts today ). Also I tried to clarify in my next one that I was just teasing and was all for someone taking this on, and that was BEFORE I realized it was Velmeran or saw that it had been approved and discussed.
I actually completely understood the initial posts A brand new account creating a new thread, to cover something that already exists -- especially with the username of the account. I was just hoping by the mod post I made to reduce the number of mod reports the thread/post was initially going to get.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemaphile View Post
Velmeran, perhaps once it's established you could list in the OP who has editing access so people know whom they can contact to make changes/updates?
Was thinking of adding a section with the names of the contributors who best to contact. Additionally I'm hoping to use some forwarding rules on the gmail account used for Read the FAQ, so when it receives a PM, the contributors can get a notification without having to constantly log into that account to check.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:24 PM   #29
TheBlayman TheBlayman is offline
Special Member
 
TheBlayman's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
Maryland
24
2177
2252
6
1
-5
Send a message via AIM to TheBlayman
Default

I have two VIP DMC accounts with the same address.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:30 PM   #30
neoz neoz is offline
Moderator
 
neoz's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
10
1
1604
7
82
-6
Default

Yay a new thread! Has the old one been archived?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 05:34 PM   #31
hagios hagios is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
hagios's Avatar
 
Feb 2013
South Midlands town of Denton
202
2642
1039
1
-5
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruisermoore View Post
It's funny and yet sad at the same time. People are always so quick to judge and insult, even when they obviously have no idea what's going on. I was just shaking my head when I started reading some of the smart ass comments, especially those from people that I respect on here and should know better.

With that said, this is going to be great for all involved with the DMC, from first timers needing an answer, to grizzled vets not having to (hopefully) answer the same three or four questions page after page. It was harder to fault those asking questions in the old thread because the OP was all over the place and a bit disheveled.

Thanks so much for doing this Velmeran, I truly appreciate the time and effort you've put into this! Awesome name as well.
I whole-heartily agree, this will be a great asset to those that have joined or will join DMC. I think I joined in Feb. same time I joined here, on this great forum Blu-ray.com! I will look in most often!! Thank You Velmeran(I wish I had your talent & others on here, as I'm not tech savvy at all)!!!

I think this forum should embrace each other to help all of us further our love for bd, etc. & each other!!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:06 PM   #32
endy endy is offline
Active Member
 
Dec 2010
788
-8
Default

honestly there should be two threads for this - an 'official' one where only USEFUL information is posted. stuff like new BRs being offered as enrollment titles, new feature selections, new discounts, etc. and a second one where people can post whatever they want, such as check out my new collection, random questions, or inane comments. otherwise we end up like the last thread where it becomes a billion pages and most people aren't going to bother reading any of it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:18 PM   #33
dizcoduck dizcoduck is offline
Active Member
 
Oct 2011
Sunrise Beach, MO
665
-6
Send a message via AIM to dizcoduck
Default

I don't really see the need for a whole new thread because people will continue to ask all the same questions without looking at the first page. Good for you though for having the time and patience to try and redo it all.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:21 PM   #34
Bruisermoore Bruisermoore is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Bruisermoore's Avatar
 
Jan 2012
Wherever I am right now.
69
417
9
319
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by endy View Post
honestly there should be two threads for this - an 'official' one where only USEFUL information is posted. stuff like new BRs being offered as enrollment titles, new feature selections, new discounts, etc. and a second one where people can post whatever they want, such as check out my new collection, random questions, or inane comments. otherwise we end up like the last thread where it becomes a billion pages and most people aren't going to bother reading any of it.
I disagree, one thread should be capable of accommodating both aspects of the DMC, if done correctly from the beginning, which is what Velmeran and others are attempting with this new thread. If the OP and FAQ are clear and concise, that should be all a first time DMCer should need. The rest of the thread can be used as general discussion of what people want, have, or hope they offer as featured titles, etc.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:28 PM   #35
endy endy is offline
Active Member
 
Dec 2010
788
-8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruisermoore View Post
I disagree, one thread should be capable of accommodating both aspects of the DMC, if done correctly from the beginning, which is what Velmeran and others are attempting with this new thread. If the OP and FAQ are clear and concise, that should be all a first time DMCer should need. The rest of the thread can be used as general discussion of what people want, have, or hope they offer as featured titles, etc.
there was a FAQ in the last thread that was about the same as this new one, yet constantly there would be the same questions asked. because no one wanted to read 600 pages of 'look guys! i took a picture of my new stuff!' to find the information. it doesn't surprise me that many people didn't even realize that their question was already answered. they just saw 600 pages, said 'screw that im not reading that' and asked the same question that 20 other people asked. and because of that, even vets couldn't get any useful information out of it anymore. like i want to know when there is new enrollment titles, not 20 pages of people posting pics of their blu rays or someone going 'i ordered two days ago but my stuff isn't here!! what gives??'
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:49 PM   #36
Disneyboy Disneyboy is offline
Active Member
 
Aug 2010
28
-5
Default

I took advantage of this yesterday and I signed up with
Alice in Wonderland 60th Anniversary Edition 1058880
Home On The Range 1097550
Atlantis Double Pack 1101960
Brother Bear Double Pack 1097490
Huncheback Double Pack 1097670
Mulan Double Pack 1111410
Princess Diaries Double Pack 1092630

The rep on the phone also offered the Lilo/ Emperors bundle when I signed up, so I got that right away. I want to thank whoever it was in the old thread who said they got Atlantis as a signup title, because I never would have thought to ask for it at signup if I hadn't seen that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:55 PM   #37
DarkIDefender DarkIDefender is offline
Member
 
DarkIDefender's Avatar
 
Jan 2012
Florida
653
37
-5
Send a message via Skype™ to DarkIDefender
Default

Was very happy and surprised to see my L&S/ENG and Atlantis order that shipped Tuesday came today. Watch stitch now. Looks fantastic.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:10 PM   #38
MifuneFan MifuneFan is online now
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
MifuneFan's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
New York City
3
652
61
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by endy View Post
there was a FAQ in the last thread that was about the same as this new one, yet constantly there would be the same questions asked. because no one wanted to read 600 pages of 'look guys! i took a picture of my new stuff!' to find the information. it doesn't surprise me that many people didn't even realize that their question was already answered. they just saw 600 pages, said 'screw that im not reading that' and asked the same question that 20 other people asked. and because of that, even vets couldn't get any useful information out of it anymore. like i want to know when there is new enrollment titles, not 20 pages of people posting pics of their blu rays or someone going 'i ordered two days ago but my stuff isn't here!! what gives??'
Th FAQ was not in the original post of the last thread, it was linked to, and could easily be overlooked. No offense to cinemaphile, but the original post from the last thread was a bit messy and needed a revamp. I suggested we just add the "new post" to the first post rather than start a new thread, but either way, this new thread isn't going to affect anything in a negative way, it can only help the situation.

Last edited by MifuneFan; 06-08-2013 at 07:13 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:12 PM   #39
jd_from_da_80s jd_from_da_80s is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
jd_from_da_80s's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
Ol' Harlem, Not New Harlem
65
112
845
19
229
58
-5
Default

Quoted from old DMC thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinemaphile View Post
now you're just doing it on purpose
Sorry, funny part is, I read all the post except for the ones on the last page
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:13 PM   #40
rballest rballest is offline
Active Member
 
rballest's Avatar
 
Apr 2012
241
101
49
-7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkIDefender View Post
Was very happy and surprised to see my L&S/ENG and Atlantis order that shipped Tuesday came today. Watch stitch now. Looks fantastic.
Stinks living on the west coast. My pre-orders from the DMC always ship a day or two before most, but then arrive a week or more after everyone. Sometimes it feels like they use a media mail that relies on pack mules
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Cyber Monday Deals > Movie and TV Deals

Tags
disney movie club, dmc exclusive

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:51 PM.