Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$69.99
17 hrs ago
Rampage (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Paul, Apostle of Christ (Blu-ray)
$14.96

The Equalizer 2 (Blu-ray)
$22.99
5 hrs ago
The Nun (Blu-ray)
$22.99
5 hrs ago
Freedom Fighters: The Ray (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Mamma Mia! (Blu-ray)
$6.99
15 hrs ago
First Man 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.45
7 hrs ago
Sicario: Day of the Soldado 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
24 min ago
Constantine: City of Demons: The Movie (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Invisible Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99

A Star Is Born (Blu-ray)
$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 02-21-2013, 12:21 AM   #61
Power Member

Feb 2013
Colorado, USA

It's not a terrible film. It has its moments.

Plus, there'll be Victoria Justice in HD. That covers a multitude of sins.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:32 AM   #62
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2010
Jacksonville, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noetic Hatter View Post
It's not a terrible film. It has its moments.

Plus, there'll be Victoria Justice in HD. That covers a multitude of sins.
Actually I'm drooling over Jane Levy. I've seen a few episodes of Suburgatory and get a kick out of her. Her expressions and timing are pretty much on spot and she's
Old 02-21-2013, 06:12 AM   #63

Mar 2010
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by satam55 View Post
I plan to rent/stream/download this movie ONLY because it was directed & produced by Josh Schwartz and his studio "Fake Empire Productions". I'm a fan of Josh Schwartz because of 2 TV Shows he created/produced/wrote "The O.C." & "Chuck".

I can see why this movie flopped. The marketing direction was screwed up. This is supposed to be a PG-13 teen movie directed & produced by people who produce TV Shows aimed at Young Adults/Teens. But for some ridiculous reason Paramount Pictures released the movie under the "Nickelodeon Movies" banner, who produce and are associated with family & kids movies/TV. Paramount Pictures should of released it under "MTV Films". And if they were using a TV actor, they would've been better off using a CW, ABC Family, or MTV star instead of a current Nickelodeon star.

Well, I just watched the movie. This is probably the worst teen movie I've ever seen. You know how I said the marketing was screwed-up in the previous post, well it reflected in the movie. The tone & feel of the movie felt like the target audience was tweens/kids/families instead of the target audience that a typical PG-13 teen movie is targeted towards, Young Adults/Teens. It had a lot of jokes & stuff that ONLY tweens/kids that watch lame Nickelodeon & Disney channel multi-cam sitcoms would find funny. At the same time there was a lot of jokes & content that belong in a regular PG-13 teen movie, not a kids movie. They felt so out of place in a movie of this tone, I didn't laugh once. This movie was HOT GARBAGE!!! 1/5 of stars! The direction from the studio on down was out of wack. They should've decided if they were making a movie for tweens/kids/families or Young Adults/Teens, not a hybrid.

IMO, the only people older than tween age that would like this movie, are people too old to be watching lame Nickelodeon & Disney channel multi-cam sitcoms, but still do. A great example is my sister. She's 22 years old (about to be 23 in several days), and still watches the Disney channel regularly.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:14 AM   #64
Banned

Aug 2011

Quote:
Well, I just watched the movie. This is probably the worst teen movie I've ever seen. You know how I said the marketing was screwed-up in the previous post, well it reflected in the movie. The tone & feel of the movie felt like the target audience was tweens/kids/families instead of the target audience that a typical PG-13 teen movie is targeted towards, Young Adults/Teens. It had a lot of jokes & stuff that ONLY tweens/kids that watch lame Nickelodeon & Disney channel multi-cam sitcoms would find funny. At the same time there was a lot of jokes & content that belong in a regular PG-13 teen movie, not a kids movie. They felt so out of place in a movie of this tone, I didn't laugh once. This movie was HOT GARBAGE!!! 1/5 of stars! The direction from the studio on down was out of wack. They should've decided if they were making a movie for tweens/kids/families or Young Adults/Teens, not a hybrid.

IMO, the only people older than tween age that would like this movie, are people too old to be watching lame Nickelodeon & Disney channel multi-cam sitcoms, but still do. A great example is my sister. She's 22 years old (about to be 23 in several days), and still watches the Disney channel regularly.

I'm a 23 year-old male and still watch Disney Channel, but was disappointed by this movie.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:25 AM   #65
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011
California!

Quote:
Originally Posted by undiscovered View Post
I'm a 23 year-old male and still watch Disney Channel, but was disappointed by this movie.
Unnooo (oh nooo), Disney Channel nowadays is soo bad, I just can't, I loved back when Even Stevens, That's So Raven, Lizzie McGuire, and Phil of Future. Ugh. I miss those. When Sonny with a Chance premiered, I saw one episode and said, "well, I'm done with this channel." But I have met Bella Thorne twice. ahaha, I really don't care for it now... But if you like it, watch away. Haha
Old 02-21-2013, 06:47 AM   #66
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2009
PA

I'm 22 and proudly love Victorious and iCarly. There's nothing wrong with liking or watching them no matter how old you are. I haven't watched Disney Channel in years, but from what I've seen of A.N.T Farm it's not that bad.

Last edited by hardtosayx; 02-21-2013 at 06:51 AM.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:13 AM   #67
Banned

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerJagger View Post
Unnooo (oh nooo), Disney Channel nowadays is soo bad, I just can't, I loved back when Even Stevens, That's So Raven, Lizzie McGuire, and Phil of Future. Ugh. I miss those. When Sonny with a Chance premiered, I saw one episode and said, "well, I'm done with this channel." But I have met Bella Thorne twice. ahaha, I really don't care for it now... But if you like it, watch away. Haha
I find Jessie, ANT Farm, Austin & Ally and Shake It Up hilarious. Good Luck Charlie is great too but I usually don't laugh much.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:30 AM   #68
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012

Really liked her in Zoey 101... too bad Jamie Spears got knocked up and that was that.

Victorious recently ended... so looks like she's finally ready for the big screen.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:41 AM   #69
Banned

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleBuckWild View Post
Really liked her in Zoey 101... too bad Jamie Spears got knocked up and that was that.

Victorious recently ended... so looks like she's finally ready for the big screen.
I think this movie put the nail in the coffin of her big screen career.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:58 AM   #70
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by undiscovered View Post
I think this movie put the nail in the coffin of her big screen career.
Let's face it she's no Hannah Montana (Thank God)... so it'll take her a year or two to get things straight in Hollywood.

I think she's got great potential, hopefully she will be known as an awesome actress someday.
Old 02-21-2013, 08:42 AM   #71

Mar 2010
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaggerJagger View Post
Yeah, I'll admit that "Even Steven" & "Lizzie McGuire" were decent in the late 90's/early 00's timeperiod, but when Disney Channel started with "That's So Raven" & the other "It's a Laugh Production" sitcoms during the early-mid 00's, I knew that was some garbage & I was out.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:37 PM   #72

May 2011
Burbank, CA

I just watched the film, thought it was absolutely adorable. I think people are way too harsh on films as these. It's not meant to be something that requires great thinking skills or to make much of any sense. The actors did a fun job with what they had to work with, yeah it got a tad bit melodramatic, but it all worked! totally buying this today
Old 02-21-2013, 05:29 PM   #73
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Send a message via AIM to Britnasty

Quote:

I am 24 and despise most of what Disney/Nickelodeon put out and loved this film. 'Victorious' and 'Hannah Montana' were the only shows I consider decent. Can't stand anything else on those channels (well, Phineas & Ferb but hi, who doesn't enjoy a cartoon).
Old 02-21-2013, 09:44 PM   #74
Special Member

Mar 2010
Los Angeles

I'm 14 and still watch Disney sometimes Nick but not so much.

The blu-ray was sold out at Target yesterday like for real I had my mom ask lol. I hope it goes down in price soon tho I really want to see this movie but not for $25
Old 02-21-2013, 10:20 PM   #75
Blu-ray Jedi

Aug 2011
Starship Avalon (You're My Shooting Star, You Make My Heart Ascend)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilBlackRose98 View Post
I'm 14 and still watch Disney sometimes Nick but not so much.

The blu-ray was sold out at Target yesterday like for real I had my mom ask lol. I hope it goes down in price soon tho I really want to see this movie but not for $25
Could always rent it if you wanna see it first.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:35 AM   #76
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Send a message via AIM to Britnasty

My Targets didn't even carry the bluray. No space on the shelf for it at all.

Even the Target website says its not sold in stores
http://www.target.com/p/fun-size-blu..._qi_detaillink
Old 02-23-2013, 08:55 AM   #77

Jun 2012
-
-
United Kingdom

Yes this Blu-ray has been confirmed it plays on a region b player... Now I can import it to the UK!
Old 02-24-2013, 05:21 PM   #78
Banned

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britnasty View Post
My Targets didn't even carry the bluray. No space on the shelf for it at all.

Even the Target website says its not sold in stores
http://www.target.com/p/fun-size-blu..._qi_detaillink
No space? lol they have like 25 titles they spread out to make it look like they have a full aisle.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:33 PM   #79
Banned

Feb 2012

I just watched the trailer and wow, it looks totally inappropriate for little children. Nick has certainly changed since back in my day (1990s).
Old 02-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #80
Banned

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by metaridley View Post
I just watched the trailer and wow, it looks totally inappropriate for little children. Nick has certainly changed since back in my day (1990s).
PG-13 is for little children?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America