Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
John Wick: Chapters 1-3 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.60

Supernatural: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$289.99

Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$28.99

Men in Black Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Crazy Samurai: 400 vs. 1 (Blu-ray)
$16.99
1 day ago
Monster Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Fast Times at Ridgemont High (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Bad Boys for Life 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Rick and Morty: The Complete Seasons 1-4 (Blu-ray)
$69.99
14 hrs ago
Shadow in the Cloud (Blu-ray)
$19.50

Wonder Woman 1984 (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Walking Dead: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$23.53
9 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 02-20-2021, 10:45 PM   #1

Oct 2008
Default Newbie In 4k

So I'm looking into upgrading my blu ray into a 4K, any brand can anyone recommend and would I need to upgrade my screen as well. Any help will be appreciated greatly.
Thanks!!
Old 02-21-2021, 03:21 AM   #2
Special Member

Dec 2014
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannercaptain View Post
So I'm looking into upgrading my blu ray into a 4K, any brand can anyone recommend and would I need to upgrade my screen as well. Any help will be appreciated greatly.
Thanks!!
First things First!

Stay away from QLED (way too bright) crap!.
Get atleast 55" inch SONY LED Bravia. Bigger the better. Many of the hollywood movies by major studios are calibrated on SONY IMAX stuff. Stick with this. you wont go wrong. I'm sure panasonic is just as good but stick with sony led bravia. if its IMAX enhanced, even better. I like the 2021 model x95j. it got everything including hdmi 2.1. This will set you up for next 10 yrs easily.

Get a powerful center channel with Dolby Atmos AV receiver (onkyo, denon). Even if you are not interested in 5.1 sound, get a $400 worth of center channel atleast. You want theatre quality dialogues and voice, 60% of the sound come from center channel. All 4k UHD HDR bluray discs have Atmos or DTS:X and you will benefit immennsely if you have correct output, a good center channel.

This is good for the starter!

expand on this as you see fit.
Old 02-22-2021, 07:20 AM   #3
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Victoria, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindustani View Post
First things First!

Stay away from QLED (way too bright) crap!.
Get atleast 55" inch SONY LED Bravia. Bigger the better. Many of the hollywood movies by major studios are calibrated on SONY IMAX stuff. Stick with this. you wont go wrong. I'm sure panasonic is just as good but stick with sony led bravia. if its IMAX enhanced, even better. I like the 2021 model x95j. it got everything including hdmi 2.1. This will set you up for next 10 yrs easily.

Get a powerful center channel with Dolby Atmos AV receiver (onkyo, denon). Even if you are not interested in 5.1 sound, get a $400 worth of center channel atleast. You want theatre quality dialogues and voice, 60% of the sound come from center channel. All 4k UHD HDR bluray discs have Atmos or DTS:X and you will benefit immennsely if you have correct output, a good center channel.

This is good for the starter!

expand on this as you see fit.
Not all Blu-ray discs have Atmos or DTS X.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Players and Recorders