Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
1917 (iTunes)
$9.99

Schindler's List (iTunes)
$4.99

Tom Hanks 4-Movie Collection (iTunes)
$31.96

Dunkirk (iTunes)
$6.99

Darkest Hour (iTunes)
$4.99

Fox 4K HDR Drama Collection (iTunes)
$27.97

Hacksaw Ridge (iTunes)
$4.99

Crawl (iTunes)
$7.99

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (iTunes)
$7.99

The Bridge on the River Kwai (iTunes)
$4.99

Grave of the Fireflies (iTunes)
$4.99

Saving Private Ryan (iTunes)
$7.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > Streaming Movies > HBO Max

Old 07-11-2020, 02:26 PM   #721
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008
KY

When will HBO Max add the movie Last Christmas? In the coming soon tab it was saying today’s date, well when I looked this morning it didn’t show up when I typed it in the search bar and it wasn’t even on the coming soon tab.
Old 07-11-2020, 02:55 PM   #722

Aug 2016

It debuts on HBO tonight at 8PM, so then.
Old 07-11-2020, 04:07 PM   #723
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2014
tennessee

I asked this before and nobody said but now I got another question same issue however

say its july 31st hbo go is off roku and hbo max still not on there now instead of getting a Chromecast<-I understand ultra doesn't come with a remote i'm remote control man

I was thinking about maybe getting a google mi box since it comes with a remote control and does hbo max apparently I can used it on my lg smart tv despite its saids android tv advertise

will google mi box works for me be better then Chromecast ultra or not
Old 07-11-2020, 05:39 PM   #724
Power Member

Jul 2007
San Jose, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2jman View Post
will google mi box works for me be better then Chromecast ultra or not
Depends on what exactly you mean by working better for you.

HBO Max should run on the Mi box, as well as other Android TV boxes like the Tivo Stream 4K or the Jetstream box that Walmart is selling. Another option is getting a cheap FireTV and side-loading the apk. Or you could go all YOLO and get an Apple TV.
Old 07-11-2020, 06:03 PM   #725
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2014
tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiffy View Post
Depends on what exactly you mean by working better for you.

HBO Max should run on the Mi box, as well as other Android TV boxes like the Tivo Stream 4K or the Jetstream box that Walmart is selling. Another option is getting a cheap FireTV and side-loading the apk. Or you could go all YOLO and get an Apple TV.

I'm just a man who's old school like remote controls got so many those are many options to consider yes I know I can get a fire stick side load apk not sure want to do that

then again I have a Samsung phone and still got apk's on it sd card ha

I assumed it be stupid to get an apple tv if don't have a apple phone like iPhone eh

again i'm not going to do anything right now until end of the month still hoping hbo max will be on roku before they removed hbo go on 31st
Old 07-11-2020, 06:42 PM   #726
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2013
Gotham City

Just grab the appletv.
Old 07-11-2020, 07:02 PM   #727
Power Member

Jul 2007
San Jose, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2jman View Post
I assumed it be stupid to get an apple tv if don't have a apple phone like iPhone eh
No, it's perfectly fine as a standalone box. Personally I think it's the best streaming box, and you'll get years of support, but it's expensive compared to others.
Old 07-11-2020, 07:10 PM   #728
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2014
tennessee

the thing is I already got a streaming stick plus roku back on june 1st last year amazon

reason being at the time wwe network wasn't going to be on sony bluray players anymore and I didn't want to listen sound from tv speakers coming out of my lg tv while watching wwe network

and I know in aug of last year I was having hard time with direct tv log in credentials stop working on any of apps on roku finally got them to fixed it took long time that is dumb direct tv/at and t

Last edited by y2jman; 07-11-2020 at 07:32 PM.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:00 PM   #729
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2013
Gotham City

Again, all your troubles go away when u get yourself an AppleTV
Old 07-11-2020, 09:06 PM   #730

Nov 2012
Reading, Pa.
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeker View Post
Second that!

I got an Apple TV free originally through DirecTV Now. Loved it SO much, I sold it and bought an Apple TV 4K. Still works great!
Old 07-11-2020, 09:16 PM   #731
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2014
tennessee

Quote:
i know its so expensive i'm trying to save some money if i consider buying the Columbia classic 4k and i still think that roku might have this before they kill off hbo go end of month i doubt i will want to buy scoob on 4k prob just watch it on hbo max computer since got it free

i know next month another free month except for the flash season 6 on bluray besides still trying to upgrade wwe dvd's to bluray esp documentary's then ppv's i'm so cleaning house on my black bookshelf that has a lot of boxset dvd's trying to make a lot of room available so i'll have more space on my big wooden bookshelf that has bluray's dvd's 4k's since already ran out of room

got a couple of blurays on the floor right now

i pretty much know peacock will prob won't be on roku this month come 15 unless they surprise folks but then again not sure if i want to buy it if i do a new device besides maybe watching some of reboot's like saved by the bell <-not sure that punky Brewster reboot seems ok few old shows

just not sure if i really want to pay for another streaming service unless there's a bundle going on already paying Netflix streaming and 3 dvd/bluray in mail wwe network that Disney plus hulu no ads espn bundle

amc alist i pay too much already ha at least hbo max is free on my end

Last edited by y2jman; 07-11-2020 at 09:24 PM.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:37 PM   #732

Nov 2012
-
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Other than it's poor interface, the confusing and annoying interplay between the separate TV / Movie apps and the Apple TV app, and the worst remote I have ever used.

I agree that for most people with a substantial digital library, an Apple TV is essential, but as the owner of an Apple TV, an NVIDIA Shield, and a Roku Ultra, the Apple TV user experience is poor compared to the Roku. I am not crazy about the Shield's remote (I have the previous generation with the thin remote and with the nonfunctional volume "stripe"), but it is far superior to Apple's.

I would drop the Apple TV in a heartbeat if I could, but it's hard to pass up the free 4K upgrades and more frequent iTunes sales. In the meantime, I use the other boxes for all other apps save iTunes, and resort to the Apple TV only for iTunes-only titles in my library and where I need to watch the extras.

Still worth having without a doubt even in my scenario. But don't kid yourself that the Apple TV will solve all your digital troubles.
Old 07-11-2020, 09:54 PM   #733
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2014
tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba111 View Post
Other than it's poor interface, the confusing and annoying interplay between the separate TV / Movie apps and the Apple TV app, and the worst remote I have ever used.

I agree that for most people with a substantial digital library, an Apple TV is essential, but as the owner of an Apple TV, an NVIDIA Shield, and a Roku Ultra, the Apple TV user experience is poor compared to the Roku. I am not crazy about the Shield's remote (I have the previous generation with the thin remote and with the nonfunctional volume "stripe"), but it is far superior to Apple's.

I would drop the Apple TV in a heartbeat if I could, but it's hard to pass up the free 4K upgrades and more frequent iTunes sales. In the meantime, I use the other boxes for all other apps save iTunes, and resort to the Apple TV only for iTunes-only titles in my library and where I need to watch the extras.

Still worth having without a doubt even in my scenario. But don't kid yourself that the Apple TV will solve all your digital troubles.

ok since i'm old school like the concept of using a remote control on devices and you saying apple tv remote control not that great

other then firestick<-if I buy one just to sideload hbo max if doesn't come on roku by time hbo go dies on 31st

what next step besides maybe mi box<not very familiar with that or TiVo streaming box Jetstream 4k

on a side note my roku streaming stick plus remote control volume stops working few months ago last year then again I used my onyko remote control do volume sometimes my direct tv remote control

I can go on record and say I don't used my lg remote control I used direct tv remote control for tv onyko turn on receiver swtich inputs got roku remote
Old 07-11-2020, 10:04 PM   #734
Power Member

Jul 2007
San Jose, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba111 View Post
Other than it's poor interface, the confusing and annoying interplay between the separate TV / Movie apps and the Apple TV app
What do you mean? Linking other apps to the TV app is entirely optional. But if you do, it's the only streaming box I know that can manage a watchlist across different apps that aren't available as a channel (such as Prime Video, Hulu and HBO Max). You can even add content from Netflix and Disney+ to the watchlist, although their apps don't update the watch status automatically.
Quote:
and the worst remote I have ever used.
Personally I think it's pretty much the best remote for a video device. But if you don't like it, you can easily train the ATV to use an old-fashioned button remote.
Quote:
It is currently the best-supported and most open streaming box out there (which is kind of ironic, given that it's made by the king of walled gardens ).

Also comes with a free year of Apple TV+, which is slowly growing into something worthwhile.
Old 07-11-2020, 10:30 PM   #735
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2014

It's funny how many people dislike the Apple remote. Because it's thin enough to fall in between the cushions and you can't always tell which side is up? A rubber cover for few bucks will fix that. You can't beat how handy Siri and the touch pad are. I love how you can just tap it to see the time remaining and tap again to see the exact time your video will end. Plus I'm not sure any other streaming box can pause and easily FF or RW to any part of what you are watching as fast as Apple TV with the touch pad.
Old 07-11-2020, 11:46 PM   #736
Power Member

Jan 2013

Or some people don't like the remote? Lol

I know I'm not a fan of it.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > Streaming Movies > HBO Max