Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.96

The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey 3D (Blu-ray)
$13.87
2 hrs ago
Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.89

Pacific Rim 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.97
4 hrs ago
Thor: The Dark World 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.14

Shazam! 3D (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Gulliver's Travels (Blu-ray)
$11.82

Mysteries of the Unseen World 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Flight of the Butterflies 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Dino King 3D (Blu-ray)
$11.99

The Great Gatsby 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.40
21 hrs ago
The Secret Life of Pets 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
14 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion

Old 03-05-2019, 08:47 PM   #3021

Jul 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Reel View Post
My wife talked to LG today. (She's been doing the calling because when it first happened I was too upset about it to call) They had mentioned a buy back to her on the first phone call so they offered to honor that and take the TV away for a few thousand less than I paid for it, but apparently we don't really qualify for the buy back so I guess no one else should expect that offer. We might call back tomorrow and not have the offer anymore. They said they will do a 2D panel replacement for free. I asked her to ask if they had any 3D panels and the answer was "not from us", which I don't know if that means they know of a compatible panel being made by someone else or if they were trying to say that they were out of stock but some repair shops had stock.

EDIT: I feel like the next thing that's going to happen is my Oppo is going to break
Well, I don't know if anyone cares about my saga, but my wife called LG because we hadn't heard anything after asking for them to attempt service or buy back the TV and when she called the Signature Service support line that guy said he didn't have some of the information that she was talking about. He said "That was back in January" and she said "Yeah, I've been waiting for you to get back to me." and he put her on hold for a long time. Then when he came back he just kept telling her he couldn't do anything without the receipt and she asked why did anyone else end up helping her without the receipt and that someone else told her they can get the receipt right from Best Buy, but he just kept repeating that to her over and over. Then she said that she had already emailed the receipt to them and he said it wasn't there. She said she sent it to the same person who took pictures of the TV with their app and he said there wasn't anything there. She asked if he can look up the call for when she sent the pictures and he said there was nothing on there and they can't do anything without the receipt. She said who she already talked to and to ask them and he told her those people don't work in this department. She was getting really upset with him because they were basically backing out of all the stuff they already told her and then he hung up on her. LG Signature Concierge Service line hung up on her.

So.... that's probably a dead end, but if something magical happens like they come over with a 3D panel and fix it for free then I'll let you guys know. Seems like I'm paying off this TV with a line on it for now. Not sure if I'm buying an LG product again. I wouldn't be as mad if they just said "You're out of warranty, there's nothing we can do" because that I can understand. Even then we were asking to have service to pay for the repairs out of warranty and they said they don't have any way to even do that. But this promise of doing something and then not doing anything and then "losing" most of our information they already collected is just sort of cruel.
Thanks given by:
Variety Films 3D (03-09-2019)
Old 03-06-2019, 12:12 AM   #3022
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Hi 4,

Believe me, as lovers of 3D and just in general, I can guess many of us are upset for you and I know I'd be angry at anyone displaying that type of disrespect to my wife.
Thanks given by:
Old 03-06-2019, 08:18 AM   #3023

Jul 2017
england
Default lg ********s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D. View Post
Hi 4,

Believe me, as lovers of 3D and just in general, I can guess many of us are upset for you and I know I'd be angry at anyone displaying that type of disrespect to my wife.
agreed
Thanks given by:
Joe D. (03-10-2019), Variety Films 3D (03-09-2019)
Old 03-06-2019, 08:19 AM   #3024

Jul 2017
england

Quote:
Well, I don't know if anyone cares about my saga, but my wife called LG because we hadn't heard anything after asking for them to attempt service or buy back the TV and when she called the Signature Service support line that guy said he didn't have some of the information that she was talking about. He said "That was back in January" and she said "Yeah, I've been waiting for you to get back to me." and he put her on hold for a long time. Then when he came back he just kept telling her he couldn't do anything without the receipt and she asked why did anyone else end up helping her without the receipt and that someone else told her they can get the receipt right from Best Buy, but he just kept repeating that to her over and over. Then she said that she had already emailed the receipt to them and he said it wasn't there. She said she sent it to the same person who took pictures of the TV with their app and he said there wasn't anything there. She asked if he can look up the call for when she sent the pictures and he said there was nothing on there and they can't do anything without the receipt. She said who she already talked to and to ask them and he told her those people don't work in this department. She was getting really upset with him because they were basically backing out of all the stuff they already told her and then he hung up on her. LG Signature Concierge Service line hung up on her.

So.... that's probably a dead end, but if something magical happens like they come over with a 3D panel and fix it for free then I'll let you guys know. Seems like I'm paying off this TV with a line on it for now. Not sure if I'm buying an LG product again. I wouldn't be as mad if they just said "You're out of warranty, there's nothing we can do" because that I can understand. Even then we were asking to have service to pay for the repairs out of warranty and they said they don't have any way to even do that. But this promise of doing something and then not doing anything and then "losing" most of our information they already collected is just sort of cruel.

we had the same in the uk- they had a few where they said 2d panels only on 2016 oleds, but with the lasto one the customer insisted on 3d

the lg people said "yes we can order a 3d one it will take 8 weeks" and almost double the cost, which we did

then they shipped the panel, the engineers came to fit it and realised they had slyly substituted the 3d panel for a 2d and still charged us double the cost
Thanks given by:
Old 03-06-2019, 03:28 PM   #3025

Jul 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by presidentevil3d View Post
we had the same in the uk- they had a few where they said 2d panels only on 2016 oleds, but with the lasto one the customer insisted on 3d

the lg people said "yes we can order a 3d one it will take 8 weeks" and almost double the cost, which we did

then they shipped the panel, the engineers came to fit it and realised they had slyly substituted the 3d panel for a 2d and still charged us double the cost
Oh wow. That's really awful. Your original story gave me hope there was some way, even at an increased cost, to get a new 3D panel.

EDIT: Also, isn't it fraud to sell you a panel saying it's 3D and charging you for it when it's 2D? Can you seek legal action?

Last edited by 4Reel; 03-06-2019 at 03:43 PM.
Thanks given by:
mredman (03-06-2019), Variety Films 3D (03-09-2019)
Old 03-06-2019, 10:31 PM   #3026

Jul 2017
england

Quote:
Oh wow. That's really awful. Your original story gave me hope there was some way, even at an increased cost, to get a new 3D panel.

EDIT: Also, isn't it fraud to sell you a panel saying it's 3D and charging you for it when it's 2D? Can you seek legal action?
We wont be charged this price for it, manufacturers are so hard to deal with now its killing businesses

Thery often call centres, or they will refer us to "the distributor" even when its under warranty.

And we dont have time haha.
Thanks given by:
Old 03-09-2019, 09:49 PM   #3027

Mar 2017

Quote:
Hi triple,

You're right about the xbr series. In 2005 I purchased the kd34xbr960, a 34 inch high def CRT. Loved it, all 230 pounds!

Not the CRT model but the LCD HD Bravia XBR model. The first one with 120 Hz with a 24 fps mode. Not the kind bought at Best buy but one bought at a local Sony dealership. They literally only carried 2 brands at their store, Sony and Panasonic, and they stopped carrying Panasonic when they stopped distributing in the US.

Now the only thing that doesnít work on it is the center button on the remote control, so itís hard to switch between broadcast TV and either Satellite and Blu Ray with apps.

I didnít want to be at hte mercy of one model being 3D and weíd have to accept either an inferior TV or an uber-expensive TV with features we donít want. It might be too small. It might be too big. Some people might not have the internet to use web TV

The buying of a 3D processor asa separate item would not ruin the market by mis-judging the 3D audience, and then if they get it wrong, that model gets a 3D Stink everyone else avoids.

With a separate 3D processor as well as a 120 Hz hidden eye standard for television, you can have 3D content without making it painful for 2D customers, and cable/satellite companies who need 3x the bandwidth to broadcast a 2D version and a separate 3D version. The side-by-side half method might be a good way to pass through 3D content on non-native 3D movies, and itís a good editing format that always keeps lefts synched with rights, which is good for "real live videography", but making a separate version, and making non-3D nuts wonder whatís going on, thinking their TV or the broadcast is broken, neither of those is healthy, therefore i WOULD say side-by-side half should not be a broadcast format, except if side-by-side half werenít on TVs, thereíd be no way to play my burnt 3D DVDs and no way to watch or present Twitch or YouTube in 3D. Yes you can make Side-By-Side half burnt 3D Home Movies. itíd be in 480i resolution, but the stereoscopy is preserved.
Old 03-24-2019, 09:30 PM   #3028
Expert Member

Oct 2017
Beach in North Carolina
Default Poll: Are You Upset About the Death of 3D TV?

Here is a poll taken in 2017 showing most people(over 80%) seem to at least like 3D tv. So what happened?

https://www.highdefdigest.com/blog/poll-death-of-3d-tv/
Old 03-24-2019, 10:18 PM   #3029
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill722 View Post
Here is a poll taken in 2017 showing most people(over 80%) seem to at least like 3D tv. So what happened?

https://www.highdefdigest.com/blog/poll-death-of-3d-tv/
Hi wild bill,

I think the industry is shooting itself in it's Achilles Heel. No need to have dropped it as a feature. People would have purchased the sets. Just like smart TV and 4K is a standard feature in most all sets today, 3d would just be there too. I am sure it would have gathered a small but healthy amount of casual users along with some more enthusiasts like us. It would not be mainstream.

Because they could not market 3D television, that was more an indication people were not buying televisions during those years. Unless they can show that even producing the discs they lose money, there was no reason to drop it.
Thanks given by:
Variety Films 3D (03-29-2019), wildbill722 (03-25-2019)
Old 03-25-2019, 05:45 AM   #3030
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

I might be upset but for one who was holding out getting an all region player I just ordered a second one for my den system which utilizes the 3D Video Wizard.

I am now beyond being financially ruined. My only problem is Mary Jane not hitting me when I tell her tomorrow. It's amazing how one who needed physical therapy can find her inner strength when wanting to let the husband know who's boss.
Thanks given by:
wildbill722 (03-25-2019)
Old 03-25-2019, 03:00 PM   #3031
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2007

I don't think the results of that poll are necessarily a true snapshot of the general population.

The people most likely to vote in a poll about 3D TVs on a site like HiDef Digest are people who are fans of 3D TV to begin with.

That would be like taking a poll at a vegan restaurant to find out what percentage of people are vegan. You'll probably get a few people who eat there but also still eat meat, etc., but you are going to have a much higher result in favor of veganism than you would if you were polling a truly random group of people that would not likely to have a collective general bias to start with.
Thanks given by:
wildbill722 (03-25-2019)
Old 03-25-2019, 06:03 PM   #3032

Aug 2015

I personally am absolutley baffled why most people dont like 3d . They do admit when push comes to shove it good when its done good. But most people just cant be bothered . They should just of left it in on the tvs like they do with all the rest of the stuff.
Thanks given by:
Variety Films 3D (03-29-2019), wildbill722 (03-25-2019)
Old 03-25-2019, 10:12 PM   #3033
Expert Member

Oct 2017
Beach in North Carolina

Quote:
I might be upset but for one who was holding out getting an all region player I just ordered a second one for my den system which utilizes the 3D Video Wizard.

I am now beyond being financially ruined. My only problem is Mary Jane not hitting me when I tell her tomorrow. It's amazing how one who needed physical therapy can find her inner strength when wanting to let the husband know who's boss.
I knew you would break.

Just blame it on me. Everyone else blames everything on me. You can too if it will help.
Old 03-25-2019, 10:15 PM   #3034
Expert Member

Oct 2017
Beach in North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamo of Eternia View Post
I don't think the results of that poll are necessarily a true snapshot of the general population.

The people most likely to vote in a poll about 3D TVs on a site like HiDef Digest are people who are fans of 3D TV to begin with.

That would be like taking a poll at a vegan restaurant to find out what percentage of people are vegan. You'll probably get a few people who eat there but also still eat meat, etc., but you are going to have a much higher result in favor of veganism than you would if you were polling a truly random group of people that would not likely to have a collective general bias to start with.
Your hypothesis certainly holds water.

If I may be so bold, how would you have voted in that poll?
Old 03-26-2019, 02:09 AM   #3035
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildbill722 View Post
I knew you would break.

Just blame it on me. Everyone else blames everything on me. You can too if it will help.
Hi wild bill,

It gives me hope knowing you have turned introspectively regarding the ills you're responsible for.

Nah. You know I'm kidding. There should be more people like you in the world, a gentleman in every true sense of the word. And a good cyber friend for so many.
Old 03-30-2019, 02:22 PM   #3036

May 2014
Default 3D-World wide

Probably been asked before but: It seems as if studios are not releasing 3D discs because at the time discs are release per country of 2D release, there is not a large enough market for them to justify the 3D expense. The title will not receive a region free release because the feature has not been released in theaters in other countries. So it is region encoded justifying the expense of region encoding.
Why is it not a practice that ONCE the feature has been released world wide in theaters and on video, that a region free 3D disc be released for all countries to purchase...thus eliminating the expense of special region encoding?
If a small organization like SCREEN ARCHIVE survives with releasing a smaller number of excellent discs, seems like larger studios could at least break even with world sales of a 3D disc. And keep people like myself happy.

Hope this make sense!!!
Old 03-30-2019, 05:17 PM   #3037
Power Member

Dec 2009
Toronto, Canada

There's really no way to know a specific studio's reasoning for releasing (or not releasing) a 3-D disc in a particular country. But I don't think it has to do with region coding, or any expense (if there is one I can't imagine it'd be much... region coding is usually more about contractual obligations than anything) associated with that.

The vast majority of 3-D Disney discs released in the UK and elsewhere, for example, are region free. Why these aren't released in North America (a much larger market, comparatively)? That's difficult to say. The upcoming release of Ralph Breaks the Internet is exclusive to one country on Earth: Japan. But Japan wasn't where it got its most impressive box office, so why there? Who knows. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of logic to it.
Thanks given by:
br3ttD (03-30-2019), mar3o (03-31-2019), Rui (03-30-2019), T. Warren Scollan (03-30-2019), Variety Films 3D (04-09-2019)
Old 03-30-2019, 07:22 PM   #3038

Feb 2011

I live in the UK and we're normally really good with 3D releases but Into the Spider-Verse and Ralph Breaks the Internet are absent. Maybe this is the start of a trend rather than a blip.
Old 03-30-2019, 07:24 PM   #3039
Power Member

May 2014
Boston, MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TM2-Megatron View Post
There's really no way to know a specific studio's reasoning for releasing (or not releasing) a 3-D disc in a particular country. But I don't think it has to do with region coding, or any expense (if there is one I can't imagine it'd be much... region coding is usually more about contractual obligations than anything) associated with that.

The vast majority of 3-D Disney discs released in the UK and elsewhere, for example, are region free. Why these aren't released in North America (a much larger market, comparatively)? That's difficult to say. The upcoming release of Ralph Breaks the Internet is exclusive to one country on Earth: Japan. But Japan wasn't where it got its most impressive box office, so why there? Who knows. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of logic to it.
I donít get Disney either. One of the reasons people were saying Disney wouldnít release 3D in the USA is that they didnít want to do 3 disc combos as it cost them more to produce. Instead of ditching the dvd they just didnít release the 3D version. Now with their 4K releases they arenít including the dvd. 3D fans would have been okay with that too Disney.
Thanks given by:
mar3o (03-31-2019), Variety Films 3D (04-09-2019)
Old 03-30-2019, 07:30 PM   #3040

Feb 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by arob View Post
I donít get Disney either. One of the reasons people were saying Disney wouldnít release 3D in the USA is that they didnít want to do 3 disc combos as it cost them more to produce. Instead of ditching the dvd they just didnít release the 3D version. Now with their 4K releases they arenít including the dvd. 3D fans would have been okay with that too Disney.
The DVD market is bigger than the 3D and 4k market combined.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion

Tags
3d t.v, 3d tv production halted, poping