Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Vincent Price Collection (Blu-ray)
$43.99

Whiplash 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99

3 from Hell 4K (Blu-ray)
$11.99
20 hrs ago
My Hero Academia: Season Four: Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$44.99

D-Day: Normandy 1944 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96
4 hrs ago
Western Stars (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Event Horizon (Blu-ray)
$27.96

Graveyards of Honor (Blu-ray)
$62.99
4 hrs ago
Ultraman Ace (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Once Were Brothers: Robbie Robertson and The Band (Blu-ray)
$8.99
2 hrs ago
Jaws 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Weathering with You (Blu-ray)
$22.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5

View Poll Results: How much would you pay for PS5
400-499 158 68.10%
500-599 55 23.71%
600-699 7 3.02%
700+ 12 5.17%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Old Yesterday, 02:01 PM   #6961
Blu-ray Baron

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

This one's for you NARMAK!

https://www.psu.com/news/dirt-5-ps5-120-fps-dualsense/
Thanks given by:
NARMAK (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:13 PM   #6962

Nov 2014

With the PC release of H:ZD running at (up to) 1440p/120fps and a host of improvements, it would be awesome if the BC version of this game on PS5 gets the same treatment. Ultrawide support looks very cinematic.

Old Yesterday, 05:19 PM   #6963
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

I didn’t even remember that the foliage didn’t interact with Aloy in the original, I just remember the water. Would be nice if that update was included for the PS5 version which there is no doubt that it will be one of the PS5 boosted games. It will definitely be native 4K/30 in my opinion; but might have a high frame rate option now that the PC will. I can’t see Sony letting the definitive version of their game be off of their own platform.
Old Yesterday, 05:45 PM   #6964
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
Hey, they have my Safe Word. 120fps

I am happy we'll be getting it but just curious whether they are locking it at 1080p or even managing it at 1440p with high settings. Hopefully we'll get more details on that but a solid confirmation already i guess and hopefully more will have a toggle option for it via a "Performance Mode"
Old Yesterday, 06:19 PM   #6965
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2018
Seattle

So odd question here. I currently have an Xbox One X and have also gotten a gaming pc in the past 6 months. Since Xbox also releases all their games on PC, its kinda pointless for me to have both. So, when the PS5 releases I plan on trading in my Xbox and picking up a PS5. My question is for titles like Madden 21 and FIFA 21, if I buy them on Xbox one can I upgrade them to PS5 copies when I make the switch from Xbox to PlayStation?
Old Yesterday, 06:25 PM   #6966
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2010
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcripe View Post
So odd question here. I currently have an Xbox One X and have also gotten a gaming pc in the past 6 months. Since Xbox also releases all their games on PC, its kinda pointless for me to have both. So, when the PS5 releases I plan on trading in my Xbox and picking up a PS5. My question is for titles like Madden 21 and FIFA 21, if I buy them on Xbox one can I upgrade them to PS5 copies when I make the switch from Xbox to PlayStation?
I'm well out of the console loop, but have they ever offered cross-platform upgrades? we're lucky to get cross-platform gaming.
Old Yesterday, 06:32 PM   #6967
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyadol View Post
With the PC release of H:ZD running at (up to) 1440p/120fps and a host of improvements, it would be awesome if the BC version of this game on PS5 gets the same treatment. Ultrawide support looks very cinematic.

https://youtu.be/Y4St-fv53Q0
Curious to see what the people who said ‘devs prefer 30fps’ have to say about this
Thanks given by:
heyadol (Yesterday), tcripe (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 06:51 PM   #6968

Nov 2014

Quote:
Yes, but there’s a one-time upgrade fee of $70.
Old Yesterday, 07:04 PM   #6969
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2018
Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyadol View Post

https://youtu.be/Y4St-fv53Q0
Def picking this up on my PC. Will be my first time experiencing the game
Old Yesterday, 07:08 PM   #6970
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Generally i'd assume any cross gen upgrades are locked to the same platform. However, there's also a chance you could possibly be able to get a PC version of it instead via the MS games programme they seem to run for Xbox and PC.

Personally i'd not be buying an Xbox since it seems all games come to PC for it too. I'd just upgrade the GPU etc. and enjoy the games on there. PlayStation 5 at least for the time being seems to have console only exclusives but if they did become day/date for both Xbox and PlayStation i'd probably just get a PC tbh as they seem to use HDMI 2.1 in the new GPUs that will release and be capable of up to 120fps.
Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM   #6971
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2018
Seattle

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
Personally i'd not be buying an Xbox since it seems all games come to PC for it too. I'd just upgrade the GPU etc. and enjoy the games on there. PlayStation 5 at least for the time being seems to have console only exclusives but if they did become day/date for both Xbox and PlayStation i'd probably just get a PC tbh as they seem to use HDMI 2.1 in the new GPUs that will release and be capable of up to 120fps.
I already got a 2070 super. 24gbs of ram. ryzen 5 3600. Im fine with the pc, I should be able to run the new games no problem. I just like trading in my sports games every year to buy the new version. Makes the cost less extreme for a yearly game especially with trade in promos. Cant do trade ins on pc games *shrugs shoulders*
Old Today, 12:09 AM   #6972
Blu-ray Count

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
If you buy Madden or FIFA on Xbox you can get a free upgrade on Xbox only & within a certain time window of purchase.

If you buy those on PS4, same deal but will only have free upgrade on PS5 within time window of purchase.
Old Today, 12:37 AM   #6973
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
I already got a 2070 super. 24gbs of ram. ryzen 5 3600. Im fine with the pc, I should be able to run the new games no problem. I just like trading in my sports games every year to buy the new version. Makes the cost less extreme for a yearly game especially with trade in promos. Cant do trade ins on pc games *shrugs shoulders*
Maybe do it the one time to PC and then as PS5 will be the main console, use that as your platform of choice to purchase on?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5