Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Godzilla vs. Kong 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Flight of the Butterflies 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.30
12 hrs ago
Pina 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Doctor Who: The Day of the Doctor 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Despicable Me 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.39
1 day ago
The Croods: A New Age 3D (Blu-ray)
$30.49

The Legend of Hercules 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.49
1 day ago
Trolls World Tour 3D (Blu-ray)
$23.49
9 hrs ago
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99

Priest 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Amazing Spider-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.31

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old Yesterday, 04:29 PM   #3641

Jul 2020
Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Furmanek View Post
Thanks, we describe the process in the campaign. You pledge and then coordinate delivery with a USA fulfillment center.
Will the lenticular 3-D cover insert only be available through the kickstarter campaign, or also come with the retail release later on?
Old Yesterday, 04:32 PM   #3642
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012

The lenticular insert is for the campaign only.
Thanks given by:
jaws3dfan (Today)
Old Yesterday, 04:46 PM   #3643

Jul 2020
Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Furmanek View Post
Thanks, we describe the process in the campaign. You pledge and then coordinate delivery with a USA fulfillment center.
Use the address from the package forwarding service in the pledge manager after the campaign has ended?
Old Yesterday, 05:01 PM   #3644

Jun 2016

Almost 80% backed in just one hour!
Thanks given by:
Camps (Yesterday), jimqk (Yesterday), Joe D. (Yesterday), osmos512 (Yesterday), RitwikKN2002 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:03 PM   #3645
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

As one who watched all those "B" sci fi flicks on TV as a kid and got scared almost all the time, must admit I was not aware of Robot Monster. Doesn't matter to me since it's 3D.

Thanks Bob. Any chance of restoring Maynard G. Krebs' all time favorite, "The Monster That Devoured Cleveland "?

Oh forgot, have to film it first. LOL
Thanks given by:
bavanut (Yesterday), Doc Moonlight (Yesterday), jimqk (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:41 PM   #3646

Jun 2011
Burbank, California

I want to underline what others have said elsewhere:

The 3-D in Robot Monster is truly world-class-- astonishingly so. More than one person has observed that it compares favorably to the 3-D on view in House of Wax! It is technically precise and aesthetically pleasing. And while Robot Monster will always be Robot Monster, 3-D really kicks the entertainment level up a notch and makes the film (I can't believe I'm saying this) even better!
Thanks given by:
Camps (Today), jimqk (Yesterday), MercurySeven (Yesterday), NJPete (Yesterday), revgen (Yesterday), RitwikKN2002 (Yesterday), Robert Furmanek (Yesterday), Steedeel (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:44 PM   #3647

Sep 2015
England

Ro-Man fully funded already! Amazing.
Thanks given by:
bavanut (Yesterday), jimqk (Yesterday), Joe D. (Yesterday), revgen (Yesterday), RitwikKN2002 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:59 PM   #3648
Power Member

Oct 2013
Southern California, USA

Pledged! This film is a hoot. Well worth the purchase. Hopefully, this bodes well for Hannah Lee and Cat-Women of the Moon.
Thanks given by:
bavanut (Yesterday), jimqk (Yesterday), MercurySeven (Yesterday), RitwikKN2002 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:07 PM   #3649
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2012

I was afraid ROBOT MONSTER would be next. I hate this movie. It's so bad it depresses me.
It depresses me worse than Ed Wood's films. Yet the 3-D is sensational. I pledged $120 and
that depresses me, too.
Thanks given by:
bavanut (Yesterday), Camps (Today), Interdimensional (Today), jimqk (Yesterday), MercurySeven (Yesterday), revgen (Yesterday), Robert Furmanek (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:10 PM   #3650

Jun 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard--W View Post
I was afraid ROBOT MONSTER would be next. I hate this movie. It's so bad it depresses me.
It depresses me worse than Ed Wood's films. Yet the 3-D is sensational. I pledged $120 and
that depresses me, too.
Cheer up, Richard. Robot Monster is a masterpiece. Of what, I'm not sure, but a masterpiece for certain.

I can truthfully say I've seen far worse 3D movies. The Bellboy and the Playgirls for one.

Ya know, these last two years are the years where films we never thought we'd get in 3D have shown up or been announced for 3D Blu Ray release: Friday the 13th Part 3, Silent Madness, Revenge of the Shogun Women, Andy Warhol's Frankenstein, The Diamond Wizard, and now Robot Monster. And while The Diamond Wizard doesn't mean Bwana Devil and Robot Monster doesn't mean Cat Women of the Moon and Hannah Lee, if by some chance those three films follow that will put a full one half of the 50s titles out on 3D Blu Ray. I don't know about anyone else, but I think that's pretty terrific. Oh, sure. We can whine about the titles we're not likely to get like Second Chance and Phantom of the Rue Morgue. But I think we've done pretty well with 50s 3D titles on Blu Ray, mostly thanks to the 3D Film Archive.

Last edited by Todd3D; Yesterday at 08:26 PM.
Thanks given by:
bavanut (Yesterday), Camps (Today), jimqk (Yesterday), robtadrian (Today)
Old Yesterday, 09:41 PM   #3651
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Apr 2011
England

Just been reading this film uses 3D effects on top of flat scenes to create a quasi-depth image. This has me concerned. Experts please?
Thanks given by:
jimqk (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:46 PM   #3652
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Just been reading this film uses 3D effects on top of flat scenes to create a quasi-depth image. This has me concerned. Experts please?
Not true. Read the opening paragraphs of the campaign pitch.
Thanks given by:
bavanut (Yesterday), Camps (Today), jimqk (Yesterday), NJPete (Yesterday), Paul H (Yesterday), Steedeel (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 10:48 PM   #3653
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2012
Pennsylvania

Just got back from a family picnic to see the news! Made my pledge immediately. The Kickstarter campaign is already nearly at $25,000, surpassing the $10,000 goal easily within hours, and there's still 29 days to go!. That's what you call pure dominance.
Thanks given by:
bavanut (Yesterday), Camps (Today), Joe D. (Yesterday), revgen (Today), Robert Furmanek (Yesterday)
Old Today, 01:01 AM   #3654

Nov 2020

As somebody not old enough to have seen these Golden age 3D classics in the theater, thank you Bob and the rest of the 3DFA for restoring them and giving me the chance to experience them. It's been a really fun ride so far and I am looking forward to Robot Monster and all of your future work!
Thanks given by:
jimqk (Today), osmos512 (Today), Robert Furmanek (Today), swervin (Today)
Old Today, 01:21 PM   #3655
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2012
Pennsylvania

Was checking out the cross-eye images and video samples on the Robot Monster Kickstarter page and the 3-D in this looks fantastic. I remember attempting to watch an anaglyph version of this on youtube and having to turn it off because the quality of the video was so poor.

One thing that jumps out, literally, in the samples on Kickstarter is how awesome even the credits sequence looks. The credits sequence in that old anaglyph version looked nothing like what is demonstrated on the Kickstarter page. It looks totally fantastic.

Also noticed this release will be loaded with a grand array of special features, including another 3-D still show narrated by Hillary Hess, an improved version of Stardust in Your Eyes, which appeared with the movie in theaters, and the nine-minute 3-D segment from Side Streets of Hollywood. What's really interesting is we'll hear actor Greg Moffett on the commentary track and in a separate featurette.

So, I assume a deal must have been reached with Wade Williams for this to be possible? It doesn't mention if The Film Detective is involved, either. It does state clearly that the 3-D Film Archive is the only organization that has access to complete left and right elements.

By the way, at this moment the Kickstarter campaign has surpassed $33,000 and it's only 21 hours since the announcement was made.
Thanks given by:
Interdimensional (Today), MercurySeven (Today), osmos512 (Today), Paul H (Today)
Old Today, 06:47 PM   #3656
Power Member

Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimqk View Post
Was checking out the cross-eye images and video samples on the Robot Monster Kickstarter page and the 3-D in this looks fantastic. I remember attempting to watch an anaglyph version of this on youtube and having to turn it off because the quality of the video was so poor.

One thing that jumps out, literally, in the samples on Kickstarter is how awesome even the credits sequence looks. The credits sequence in that old anaglyph version looked nothing like what is demonstrated on the Kickstarter page. It looks totally fantastic.

Doesn't it just. It's actually one of the finest 3-D title cards of the period, and perfectly contextualizes the kind of childlike imagination of the premise.

I assume these were actual horror/scifi magazine/comics of the day. The Robot Monster cover presumably wasn't; it has the same artwork as "Strange Suspense Stories". It might've been interesting, but none of them appear to be 3-D comics.
Old Today, 07:25 PM   #3657
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2012

They were actual comics on the stands when filming began in March 1953.

Old Today, 07:29 PM   #3658
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2008

I couldn't click on the "Take my money" link fast enough This is such a fun film, I have seen it in anaglyph 3-D a couple times and I am beyond excited it see it in Real 3-D!

Plus I couldn't resist the lenticular insert and the ViewMaster in the Retro Box!

Thank you Robert, Greg and everyone else at the 3DFA, you guys truly are the Best.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Tags
3d motion picture, rock hudson, widescreen