Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
007: The Daniel Craig Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$54.99
16 hrs ago
Suspiria 4K (Blu-ray)
$36.04
10 hrs ago
Ultraman Geed (Blu-ray)
$21.72
2 hrs ago
Ultraman Orb (Blu-ray)
$21.72
2 hrs ago
Psycho: Complete 4-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99

RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$42.74

Millennium Actress (Blu-ray)
$19.96
6 hrs ago
Godzilla: King of the Monsters 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Ultraseven: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$27.99

The Bourne Classified Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Lion King (Blu-ray)
$24.99
8 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion

Old 08-28-2018, 04:29 AM   #1

Mar 2018
Default Remake of Resident Evil remake may happen

https://www.pcgamer.com/remake-of-re...e-says-capcom/

https://www.gameinformer.com/gamesco...-the-re-remake

Capcom plans to "explore" more remakes following Resident Evil 2, we learned earlier this month. Where exactly it'll cast its net remains to be seen—but it seems reimagining the Resident Evil remake isn't out of the question.

In conversation with Game Informer at Gamescom, director Kazunori Kadoi said he and his team are keen to get the incoming Resident Evil 2 remake out of the door first, before turning their attention to what might be next. The Resident Evil remake—launched in 2002 for the Nintendo Gamecube; remastered in HD in 2015—however, isn't beyond their purview.

"We’ve got a lot of fans who ask for their favorite games, but we’re not going to commit to anything right now," Kadoi tells Game Informer. "We’d like to keep our possibilities open for the future and see what makes the most sense when we come to it. We don’t want to feed just nostalgia. We want to bring [out] how people felt about the original games and if we can, reimagine it in a way so that it bridges the generation gap between people who played it 20 years ago and newcomers."

"Certainly enough time has passed that it wouldn’t be laughable to remake the remake. I personally think that would be an interesting thing to do."
Old 08-28-2018, 03:29 PM   #2
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

I'd rather they do 3 or Code Veronica first as those are the two remaining that need it the most.
Thanks given by:
BroncoBuster (08-28-2018), Firefoxie (03-16-2019), Musashi (11-08-2018), sasdragon (10-09-2018), x7q3 (08-29-2018)
Old 08-28-2018, 04:20 PM   #3
Banned

Jul 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by dyne View Post
I'd rather they do 3 or Code Veronica first as those are the two remaining that need it the most.
I'd rather they do Dino Crisis, but if they're gonna stick with RE, then yeah, focus on the games that haven't been updated first before you go back and redo the redo.
Old 08-28-2018, 07:11 PM   #4
Blu-ray Count

Aug 2009
UK

Lolwut. The remake has aged amazingly and is already available remastered via current-gen consoles, so another remake seems redundant.

If they wanna remake Resident Evil 3, Dino Crisis, and Clock Tower, I'm all for it.
Old 08-29-2018, 10:26 AM   #5

Nov 2009

They should combine Resident Evil Nemesis & Code Veronica as a complete Resident Evil 3 remake. < IMHO it makes sence with the development history of these titles.

Nemesis shared areas with Resident Evil 2 so they could reuse elements of 2's remake etc.

Then I would like to see this engine used on remakes for Dino Crisis & Onimusha
Old 10-09-2018, 10:48 PM   #6
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2007
Derry, or at least it feels like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotoroDragon View Post
They should combine Resident Evil Nemesis & Code Veronica as a complete Resident Evil 3 remake. < IMHO it makes sence with the development history of these titles.

Nemesis shared areas with Resident Evil 2 so they could reuse elements of 2's remake etc.

Then I would like to see this engine used on remakes for Dino Crisis & Onimusha
3 and code Veronica have nothing to do with each other. They are two VERY distinct titles that aren't similar at all. They also aren't remaking the first game, at least any time soon.
Thanks given by:
Firefoxie (12-01-2018)
Old 10-09-2018, 11:11 PM   #7

Dec 2012

Without fixed camera angles it isn’t even the same game so why not remake it? That said, the remake is the best game in the entire RE franchise.....I think Nemesis would be appreciated more.

If we are going to keep doing these remakes, I’d love to see a digital eclipse mega man/street fighter anniversary type collection for RE 1-3...with all the production stuff and museum galleries included.
Old 11-08-2018, 10:52 AM   #8
Banned

Nov 2018
Default 滑铁卢大学毕业证成绩单学历认证咨询+微信81662081办理加拿大uw毕业证本科毕

滑铁卢大学毕业证成绩单学历认证咨询+微信81662081办理加拿大UW毕业证本科毕业证硕士毕业证加拿 大学历文凭原版制作University of Western Ontario
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion