Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Soon: Elfen Lied: Complete Collectio… ()

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Assassin's Creed III (PS4)
$19.99

Fate/Extella Link - Fleeting Glory Limited Edition (PS4)
$49.99

Ace Combat 7: Skies Unknown (PS4)
$29.99

Yakuza Kiwami 2 (PS4)
$24.97

The Legend of Heroes: The Trails of Cold Steel (PS4)
$34.99

Just Cause 4 (PS4)
$19.99

Tennis World Tour - Roland-Garros Edition (PS4)
$19.99

The Sinking City (PS4)
$36.80

Rage 2 (PS4)
$29.99

Tom Clancy's The Division 2 (PS4)
$50.37

Hitman (PS4)
$16.00

My Hero Ones Justice (PS4)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion > Community Gaming

Old 03-24-2010, 04:51 PM   #1021
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2009
NYC
Send a message via AIM to pillBOXhat

Yes, sir.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:08 PM   #1022
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2009
NYC
Default Week 3: Recaps *Update*

Jaguars 36 - Texans 31 Game Of The Week

The Jaguars came out roaring out of the gate. With the help of their beast running back and a fierce-hitting defense, the Jaguars accumulated a 27-10 lead by halftime. If t wasn’t for the Texans Jacoby Jones returning his second opening kickoff of the year, the deficit would have been too daunting. The Texans still had some fight in them, and proved it by scoring 21 points in the second half. Matt Schuab contributed by throwing for 290 yds, 2 TDs, and 2 INTs on 16 of 30 passing attempts. His main weapons were the herculean Andre Johnson (6 rcpts, 101 yds, 1 TD) and Steve Slaton who had a strong showing with his 77 yds on the ground, 101 yds threw the air, and 2 TDs. Unfortunately for them, MJD was too unstoppable. The monstrous RB had 241 yds on 21 carries and 3 TDs. His performance helped the Jags seal the victory. This was a battle of two unbeaten and it was well worth the anticipation. The Texans will be chomping at the bit in anticipation for Week 9 when they meet the Jags again. Jacksonville is sitting pretty at 3-0 and at top of their division. The expectations being put on this team are getting big, but the Jags thrive on pressure.

Giants 27 – Eagles 21

With the hated Eagles in town, the NY fans were ready to see their G-Men put a world of hurt on the visiting team. This game came down to turnovers. The Giants turned the ball over 3 times while the Eagles turned the ball over 5 times, not including a safety. Eli Manning did not have a strong performance. He threw for only 106 yds and 1 INT. McNabb’s performance wasn’t any better. He threw for 163 yds, 1 TD, and 3 INTs. Tim Tribow, the rookie QB for the Eagles, made his impact in the red zone by contributing with 2 running TDs. Unfortunately for Tribow, he only completed two passes and both were intercepted. The Eagles lost the turnover war and, like in this case, it often results in a loss. The star of the game was Brandon Jacobs who helped the Giants stay in the lead for the majority of the time. On 20 carries, Brandon had 90 yds and 3 TDs. This wasn’t a pretty game, but the Giants will take the win and continue their unbeaten streak. The Eagles will want to forget this game and focus on their Week 4 opponent, the Bears. Both teams came into this season with Super Bowl dreams, but only the Giants are on such a path. The Eagles have faced tough competition, but they must come up big next week if they plan on having any more championship dreams.

Dolphins 21 – Jets 10 *Update*

The Dolphins have had a particularly easy schedule up to this point. This week they hosted their long time nemesis, the Jets. The Jets have a solid veteran coaching staff and are the toughest test Miami have played against so far. In the face of an anticipated and pressurized game, the Phins responded well. In time of possession, Miami had a 2 to 1 advantage. In total offense, Miami won 348 yards to 128 yards. In almost all the important categories, the Phins held the advantage. The one advantage the Jets had was in the turnover category, 2 (2 INTs) to 5 (4 INTs, 1 FMBL). That explains why the score wasn’t more exaggerated in Miami’s favor. The Jets defense came prepared for this game, but unfortunately the offense didn’t prepare well enough to overcome a gifted Miami defense. The one positive offensive effort came when second year QB Mark Sanchez hooked up with rookie WR Brandon Trammell on a 78 yard TD pass. Miami’s own second year QB Chad Henne didn’t do any better and actually posted a worse QB rating thanks primarily to his 4 INTs. Miami can thank their top-ranked defense and impressive ground game. Once again, the Phins’ running game was a group effort. The three-headed monster of Brown/Williams/ Girley combined for 203 yards and 3 TDs. Although Henne suffered an awful game, Miami continues to impress with flying colors and are still undefeated. With this loss, the Jets now find themselves 0-3. They face the 0-3 Steerlers next week in a must win game for both teams.

Browns 27 – Bills 21 *Update*

The surprising Bills came into this game 2-0. Against a hard-coached Browns team, the Bills faced a tough test. From the start, the Browns came to play hard. After the offense scored an early touchdown, the defense came up big by stopping the Bills on a 4th and inches from the end zone. At one point in the 3rd quarter, the Browns held a 17-0 lead. Rookie QB English bounced back from last week’s poor performance by throwing for a modest 151 yds and 1 TD. The Bills’ Edwards (QB) and Owens (WR, 99yds, 1 TD) tried their best to rally the team. Edwards was 11 of 20 for 169yds 1 TD, and 1 INT, while rookie RB James added blazing 123 yds and 2 TDs. The Bills powered through with a decent come-from-behind effort but it was just too late. The star of the game goes to RB Jerome Harrison who continued his streak of 100+ yards on the ground. He had 2 TDs on 14 carries for 115 yards, which included a victory-sealing 72 yard TD run. The Bills will be very disappointed they let this one slip away. Their Week 4 opponent can be assured they will face a Bills team that will show up early and often. The Browns showed they can bounce back from a tough Week 2 loss and seem to be back on their playoff-seeking track.

Panthers 24 - Cards 0 *Update*

Can someone say, Death? That’s what happens to a cardinal during this game. The Offensive juggernaut known as the Cardinals were utterly outmatched and outplayed by the Panthers who kept the game nice and tight. The Panther bend but don’t break defense didn’t allow a Field Goal or Touchdown throughout the full Game. With no penalties, and having almost every stat lower then the cardinals the panthers never lost their cool, and perfected their Defense. Nothing the Cardinals did fooled the Panthers. With a 231 yard performance Kurt Warner was questioning his decision coming back to the league as he threw for 3 interceptions, and 0 TD. The reason why Mr. Warner was so upset? His RB did nothing but put more pressure on him. With Wells running for a measly 19 yards on 8 attempts, Warner questions the coaches choice of not running more to keep the defense honest. Breaston was the only one that impressed with 84 receiving yards on 7 catches. Matt Moore threw the Ball exactly 5 times, and was able to muster 1 TD. The story of the day was D “Da Speed” Williams who ran for 87 yards and 2 TD, on 21 attempts, really taking the pressure off of Matt Moore. “Without Beasonable Doubt”, that’s definitely the saying as JON BEASON had 6 tackles and 2 Interceptions to keep the cardinals grounded. With the cardinals facing a reeling broncos team, maybe their offense can get a spark while the Panthers can chill and enjoy the streets of Carolina on their bye week, going into it 3-0.

Raiders 28 - Rams 14 *Update*

A defensive clinic, this game was nothing like we expected with the lowly Raiders scoring a season high of 28 points against a rebuilding Rams team. Offensively the rams outplayed and outmatched the raiders, but defensively the truths are a little different. With 5 turnovers, and a lower possession time then the raiders, the yardage needed to succeed wasn’t really needed for the raiders. Sticking to their strengths, the raiders played hard nose defense and brought Marky Mark to 5 interceptions and a outing where he throws for slightly under 200 yards(199). Gardowski micromanaged the game to perfection connecting on 9 out of 13 passes and no TD’s. Darren McFadden and M bush combined for 2 touchdowns on 22 rushing attempts. So How did the Raiders end up with 28 Points?? With 2 Interception returns one for 29 yards in the first quarter by Michael Huff, and a 80 Yard return by the Rookie SS Will Barkley. With this young, fresh, and energetic rookie defense covering the field like this I wonder if the rolling 49’ers will run into any problems Next week. While the Rams try to fight harder against a pretty good Falcons club in week 4.

Bucs 40 – Steelers 7 *Update*

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM! The sounds of the cannons shoot into the air as the hearts of steeler nation tremble to the deafening blows. It was a wild game, and an ugly game for the steel curtain. The Total yards between the two teams were similar but the one thing that shows out is the Turnover Ratio and Time of possession. With the Buc’s holding the ball for 25:29 with 5 takeaways a victory was imminent. Ben “The touch too much” Rothlisberger should’ve been assaulting the Bucs, with his measly completion rate of 6 out of 22, and 96 yards it was hard for the Steelers to get off their feet. Mike Wallace had an unusual good game with 2 rec, he broke out a huge 66 yard catch in the third Quarter to give the Steelers some life. The Story of the day though, Josh Freeman and the Bucs Running attack. With 229 Yards, and 3 TD Josh freeman managed the game perfectly, and is growing to be a great Quarterback for this growing franchise. The rookie Joey “Killen Dem” Keller ran for 109 yards and gave the Buccaneers a steady offensive attack. Plus Tenard Jackson with two interceptions rounds out this team’s perfect performance. As the Bucs run into a bye week where they can bask in their 3-0 start, a Steelers team runs into their mirror image, via The jets who has also struggled in the beginning. Has the steel Curtain turned to scrap Metal?? We will see next week.

TBA:

Falcons vs Packers

Special thanks to I.Tuner for helping out.

Last edited by pillBOXhat; 03-25-2010 at 01:41 AM.
Old 03-24-2010, 06:16 PM   #1023

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by pillBOXhat View Post
Chargers and Patriots are now CPU teams. Those owners who play against them for Week 3 may now do so. The Vikings are also open for Cparker to officially join. I can extend the deadline to tomorrow at 11pm EST, but only if some of you guys who play against the CPU can't get ur games in today. Let me know ASAP.

The following are the games left to be played:

Saints (Blackmask) - Vikings (Cparker, NEW OWNER)

Falcons (Madden-ALL-PRO) - Packers (ckt123) ... Hope u guys can fix ur connection issues

Chiefs (Capellan) - Broncos (saintsboy318)

Patriots (CPU) - Bengals (SRandJR)

Bills (AU) - Browns (pillBOXhat) .. we will play tonight
I hit capellan on his psn a couple of days ago, but I haven't heard anything yet. Pillboxhat u can vouch cuz I've been messaging u (sorry) but what else can I do?
Old 03-24-2010, 09:07 PM   #1024
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2009
NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintsboy318 View Post
I hit capellan on his psn a couple of days ago, but I haven't heard anything yet. Pillboxhat u can vouch cuz I've been messaging u (sorry) but what else can I do?
If by 8:30pm EST you dont hear from him, then u may play the CPU.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:30 PM   #1025
Blu-ray Guru

May 2008
PC, AL

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.turner3 View Post
Hahaha thats terribly funny

On a second note Next week I play Myself??? LOLOLOL so can i just sub in fo ranother team next week other than the redskins??
I will play as the skins against you if you would like?
Old 03-24-2010, 11:08 PM   #1026

Jan 2010
NY
Send a message via AIM to Stodds13

Very nice write ups you got there...a lot of effort goes into those and I want to say great job.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:11 PM   #1027
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
Columbus, OH
Send a message via Yahoo to l.turner3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AU6294TX View Post
I will play as the skins against you if you would like?
HaHaHaHa Thats fine i have no problem with that
Old 03-24-2010, 11:18 PM   #1028
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2009
Columbus, OH
Send a message via Yahoo to l.turner3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stodds13 View Post
Very nice write ups you got there...a lot of effort goes into those and I want to say great job.

Thanks Man i wrote some this week
Old 03-24-2010, 11:45 PM   #1029

Apr 2009
Long Island N,Y,

you guys are doing a great job with this, game breakdowns and all. I'm having a blast. thanks to all of you that keep this thing going and making it fun.
Old 03-25-2010, 12:17 AM   #1030

Apr 2009
Long Island N,Y,

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtconnolly View Post
NYraider. 49ers vs Raiders

We have a week 4 game. I am going to Vegas on Sat-Thursday, so since the week has still not been advanced , we will only have two days to get this game in. Let me know when you can play. I am generally avail after 8pm PST. Let me know what time and day will work for you!!
8:00pm pst = 11:00pm eastern a little too late for me i get up at 3:00 am. any chance of starting earlier or playing on the weekend?
Old 03-25-2010, 12:55 AM   #1031
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
Jacksonville, Florida

I'm waiting for this week to advance, then the website will be updated, everyone. I apologize for the inactiveness it had this past week, I've been pretty busy. :/ I asure you that, this week, I'll be putting more effort into it and keeping it up-to-date; new headlines, standings, more pages, etc. (:
Old 03-25-2010, 01:10 AM   #1032
Community Gaming Moderator

Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyPopDid View Post
I'm waiting for this week to advance, then the website will be updated, everyone. I apologize for the inactiveness it had this past week, I've been pretty busy. :/ I asure you that, this week, I'll be putting more effort into it and keeping it up-to-date; new headlines, standings, more pages, etc. (:
Where's my page for Grown Man League?

J/K. Everyone is busy. I can't even go on my PS3 and look at stats. However, once we get deeper into the season, I'll generate something. It won't be a website, but I'll do a quick writeup.
[Show spoiler]It just won't be as good as this league.
Old 03-25-2010, 01:49 AM   #1033
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2009
NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stodds13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyraiderfan View Post
you guys are doing a great job with this, game breakdowns and all. I'm having a blast. thanks to all of you that keep this thing going and making it fun.
Thanks very much, fellas. It's a group effort.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l.turner3 View Post
Thanks Man i wrote some this week
Special thanks to you, sir.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HollyPopDid View Post
No worries. You've done an excellent job. I will advance the week in about an hour.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCruz View Post
Where's my page for Grown Man League?

J/K. Everyone is busy. I can't even go on my PS3 and look at stats. However, once we get deeper into the season, I'll generate something. It won't be a website, but I'll do a quick writeup.
[Show spoiler]It just won't be as good as this league.
You need a sidekick to help you out .
Old 03-25-2010, 01:50 AM   #1034
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2009
NYC
Default Owner Update

Unfortunately, Blackmask is very hard to get a hold of and hasn't been to the forum in over a week. The Saints are now officially "Open.'
Old 03-25-2010, 03:00 AM   #1035
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2009
NYC
Default Week Adavanced

It's officially Week 4. Only once game was simmed and that was due to technical difficulties. I hope you guys get that settled very soon.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:09 AM   #1036

Mar 2010

May i have the saints plzz
Old 03-25-2010, 03:12 AM   #1037

Feb 2010

looks like the rams are up next for me
Old 03-25-2010, 03:14 AM   #1038
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2009
NYC

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkA_FaMoUz_KiiD View Post
May i have the saints plzz
You got'em. Welcome aboard. Please read the first page and the RULES. Good luck.
Old 03-25-2010, 03:57 AM   #1039
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2010
Jacksonville, Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmoneysb View Post
looks like the rams are up next for me
Me. (((:
Old 03-25-2010, 04:06 AM   #1040
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2009
NYC
Default Week 3: POW

Week 3: POW

Offensive Player of the Week

This week's honor goes to the Jags' RB Maurice Jones-Drew, who earns a second POW of the season. The thunderous MJD bullied his way past the Texans' defense for 241 yards and 3 TDs in the Jags' big-time win in Week 3.

*Runner-up: Giants RB Brandon Jacobs 20 carries for 90 yards and 3 TDs.

Defensive Player of the Week

The defensive star of Week 3 goes to the Panthers'LB Jon Beason. The outstanding LB hijacked 2 INTs and recorded 6 tackles in a shutout win over the Cards.

*Runner-up(s): Giants' SS Kenny Phillips 3 TCKL 2 INTs and the Browns' DE Kenyon Coleman 3 TCKL 2 SCKs
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion > Community Gaming