Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
007: The Daniel Craig Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$54.99
14 hrs ago
Suspiria 4K (Blu-ray)
$36.04
8 hrs ago
Ultraman Geed (Blu-ray)
$21.72
53 min ago
Psycho: Complete 4-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99
 
RoboCop (Blu-ray)
$42.74
 
Ultraman Orb (Blu-ray)
$21.72
53 min ago
Godzilla: King of the Monsters 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Ultraseven: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$27.99
 
Millennium Actress (Blu-ray)
$19.96
4 hrs ago
The Bourne Classified Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
The Lion King (Blu-ray)
$24.99
6 hrs ago
Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-26-2010, 07:41 PM   #1
CZAR CZAR is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
CZAR's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Camp Crystal lake
253
940
1
73
Default Your Top 10 Games Of All Time!!!

Ok so we have listed our top 10 games on each system that we have owned. Now it gets tougher. We have to narrow it down to our top 10 games of all time period on any system. Only list your absolute top 10! Ill get this started! Got Em!!

1. Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (Playstation)
2. Super Mario World (SNES)
3. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (Playstation 2)
4. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (Nintendo Wii)
5. The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (N64)
6. Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
7. Resident Evil 2 (Playstation)
8. Rygar (NES)
9. Super Metroid (SNES)
10. God of War III (PS3)



Got Em!!

Last edited by CZAR; 08-10-2018 at 01:34 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:53 PM   #2
brettallica brettallica is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
brettallica's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Santa Cruz, California
51
79
6
Send a message via AIM to brettallica
Default

You're killing me, CZAR!!!!

Rygar in a top-10 all-time is a bold move. I can see you really like that one. I actually liked Rygar a lot, too. I had it on my secondary top-10 NES games list from that other thread, but then pulled it in favor of a couple other titles. It definitely cracks my all-time list; just not the top-10.

I'll have something in for your review before the day is over.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:56 PM   #3
CZAR CZAR is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
CZAR's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Camp Crystal lake
253
940
1
73
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettallica View Post
You're killing me, CZAR!!!!

Rygar in a top-10 all-time is a bold move. I can see you really like that one. I actually liked Rygar a lot, too. I had it on my secondary top-10 NES games list from that other thread, but then pulled it in favor of a couple other titles. It definitely cracks my all-time list; just not the top-10.

I'll have something in for your review before the day is over.
Man real talk I absolutely love that game. It is an incredibly difficult game especially for an NES game but I love the music and the fact that I thought it was ahead of its time especially difficulty wise. I was disappointed with the one that came out on the PS2! Did u ever play that one? Also I am waiting to see your all time list also. Got Em!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 07:57 PM   #4
Dexter Morgan Dexter Morgan is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Dexter Morgan's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Charleston, SC
87
15
Default

Oh boy... this could take some thinking...
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:17 PM   #5
CZAR CZAR is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
CZAR's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Camp Crystal lake
253
940
1
73
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Atlas View Post
Oh boy... this could take some thinking...
Well get to thinkin! U also have a couple more answers to get so dont snooze! Got Em!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:25 PM   #6
Dexter Morgan Dexter Morgan is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Dexter Morgan's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Charleston, SC
87
15
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZAR View Post
Well get to thinkin! U also have a couple more answers to get so dont snooze! Got Em!!
The last few questions are killing me!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:45 PM   #7
supersix4 supersix4 is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
supersix4's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
572
53
2
Default

Mine is going by hours that I wanted to play it and how much nostalgia I have

1. Gears of War 1 (360)

2. Call of Duty 4 (PS3)

3. GTA III (ps2)

4. Goldeneye (N64)

5. Madden 03 (PS2)

6. Delta Force: Black Hawk Down (PC)

7. Turtles In Time (SNES)

8. Metal Gear Solid 1 (ps1)

9. Syphon Filter 1 (PS1)

10. Doom Series (PC)
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 08:51 PM   #8
CZAR CZAR is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
CZAR's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Camp Crystal lake
253
940
1
73
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersix4 View Post
Mine is going by hours that I wanted to play it and how much nostalgia I have

1. Gears of War 1 (360)

2. Call of Duty 4 (PS3)

3. GTA III (ps2)

4. Goldeneye (N64)

5. Madden 03 (PS2)

6. Delta Force: Black Hawk Down (PC)

7. Turtles In Time (SNES)

8. Metal Gear Solid 1 (ps1)

9. Syphon Filter 1 (PS1)

10. Doom Series (PC)
Its a trip to see how vastly different people are in what video games we like. Although I did like the bolded ones a lot. Got Em!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:09 PM   #9
supersix4 supersix4 is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
supersix4's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
572
53
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZAR View Post
Its a trip to see how vastly different people are in what video games we like. Although I did like the bolded ones a lot. Got Em!!
well each one has a story of how it got on the list
.
1. Gears of War 1 (360) (and gears what can I say... The only game I've ever played where I actually had to work to be good at if I took a week off it took me 2 to get my skills back, loved the competition on this game greatest ever imhop)

2. Call of Duty 4 (PS3) (just upgrading prestige, the fluidness the game had and the competitive nature as I got older wish I had played more but this was out when I was still deep into gears1)

3. GTA III (ps2)(the first time I've ever said wow at the things you can do in a game this really opened up gaming and it was crazy the stuff you can do I think on one of my saves my hours counter was at like 198hours)

4. Goldeneye (N64)(using my gameshark and just tons of hours trying all kinds of things using only silenced guns, using tanks, sniping exc. tons of hours)

5. Madden 03 (PS2)(most amazing soundtrack of any football game ever, probably played 3 full seasons with 15 min quarters not to mention all the time trading players acquiring picks, and changing all the names of the incoming draft class players lol)

6. Delta Force: Black Hawk Down (PC) (first online game not to mention I was insanely good at it)

7. Turtles In Time (SNES) (one of the first games I got with my system)

8. Metal Gear Solid 1 (ps1) (first really hard game for me and first time I played a game on a really hard difficulty)

9. Syphon Filter 1 (PS1) (air tazering people before church and using cheat codes to get all the guns will never get old)

10. Doom Series (PC) (really my first time *other then wolf3d* playing an FPS, using the IDKK, noclipping lol tons of time learning how to play fps with doom)
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:25 PM   #10
CZAR CZAR is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
CZAR's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Camp Crystal lake
253
940
1
73
Default

^^^I see those games have history behind them. Yea the same for me with my top 10 but mostly just the awesomeness of those games is the reason why they made my list! Got Em!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:42 PM   #11
Gaius Marius Gaius Marius is offline
Power Member
 
Gaius Marius's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
11
572
Default

This should be fun:

1. Final Fantasy IV (Love this game, and own at least 4 different versions of it )
2. Chrono Trigger
3. Final Fantasy VI
4. Ogre Battle
5. Uncharted 2
6. Metal Gear Solid 4
7. Silent Hill
8. Smash Bros Brawl
9. Shadow of the Colossus
10. Super Dodge Ball
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 09:53 PM   #12
supersix4 supersix4 is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
supersix4's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
572
53
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZAR View Post
^^^I see those games have history behind them. Yea the same for me with my top 10 but mostly just the awesomeness of those games is the reason why they made my list! Got Em!!
Yep I mean I could do a list of just flawless games that were top notch games, but really once you beat them and saw everything had less importance. But I choose what made them great for me
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:02 PM   #13
CZAR CZAR is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
CZAR's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Camp Crystal lake
253
940
1
73
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersix4 View Post
Yep I mean I could do a list of just flawless games that were top notch games, but really once you beat them and saw everything had less importance. But I choose what made them great for me
Oh no doubt about it! Also what is important for me is replay value also. My top 10 list has great replay value so that helps. Its like u cant get enough of them. Cant wait to get back into some of these older games also. Got Em!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:03 PM   #14
CZAR CZAR is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
CZAR's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Camp Crystal lake
253
940
1
73
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaius Marius View Post
This should be fun:

1. Final Fantasy IV (Love this game, and own at least 4 different versions of it )
2. Chrono Trigger
3. Final Fantasy VI
4. Ogre Battle
5. Uncharted 2
6. Metal Gear Solid 4
7. Silent Hill
8. Smash Bros Brawl
9. Shadow of the Colossus
10. Super Dodge Ball
Man Ive heard so much about Chrono Trigger but never played it. I am intrigued to play it one day if I ever get access to it. Got Em!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:10 PM   #15
Gaius Marius Gaius Marius is offline
Power Member
 
Gaius Marius's Avatar
 
Apr 2009
11
572
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZAR View Post
Man Ive heard so much about Chrono Trigger but never played it. I am intrigued to play it one day if I ever get access to it. Got Em!!
It is on the DS! A pretty good port too! Plus, there are always emulators. It is a great game, and it is highly reccomended
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:12 PM   #16
CZAR CZAR is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
CZAR's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Camp Crystal lake
253
940
1
73
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaius Marius View Post
It is on the DS! A pretty good port too! Plus, there are always emulators. It is a great game, and it is highly reccomended
Yea I saw it ranked very high on one of my magazines top 200 games list recently. I will probably check it out on a emulator before DS but I will look into it for sure. Got Em!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:31 PM   #17
supersix4 supersix4 is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
supersix4's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
572
53
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CZAR View Post
Oh no doubt about it! Also what is important for me is replay value also. My top 10 list has great replay value so that helps. Its like u cant get enough of them. Cant wait to get back into some of these older games also. Got Em!!
Agree thats why while some of mine may not be the best made game ever, the replay value just pulled you back in time after time which in my op is better then one awesome play through on say bioshock exc.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:38 PM   #18
CZAR CZAR is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
CZAR's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
Camp Crystal lake
253
940
1
73
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersix4 View Post
Agree thats why while some of mine may not be the best made game ever, the replay value just pulled you back in time after time which in my op is better then one awesome play through on say bioshock exc.
Tru there are those games where its great to beat it once but then u have no desire to beat it again. We call those 1 hitters! Haha! Got Em!!
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 10:42 PM   #19
Terjyn Terjyn is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Jul 2007
122
Default

In no particular order:

Zak McKracken and the Alien Mind-Benders
Ultima 4
Tetris
Super Mario Brothers 3
Chrono Trigger
Final Fantasy Tactics
Uncharted 2
Mass Effect 2
Rock Band
Master of Orion 2

A few others I thought about for a bit, but it's something like the above.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2010, 01:57 PM   #20
aheineken aheineken is offline
Active Member
 
Jan 2009
54
4
1
Default

This is going to be difficult

In no particular order

The Legend of Zelda (NES)
Xenogears (PS1)
Final Fantasy VII (PS1)
Mortal Kombat II (SNES)
Street Fighter II (SNES)
Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
Gran Turismo 4 (PS2)
Fallout 3 (X360)
Resident Evil (PS1)
Diablo II (PC)
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Gaming General Discussion

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Blu-ray.com Community's Top 25 PlayStation 3 Games of all time (Ideas?) PS3 GLaDOS 5 02-05-2010 09:20 PM
Time Magazine announces its top 10 games of the year PS3 Nerdkiller likes BD 29 12-10-2008 10:01 PM
Top Ten Games of All Time PS3 air_max 56 11-15-2008 02:52 AM
Top 10 Greatest Games of All Time! PS3 animepunk2103 105 11-29-2007 12:06 AM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:35 PM.