Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
I Dream of Jeannie: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99

10 Cloverfield Lane 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.96
21 hrs ago
G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$77.97

The Final Countdown 4K (Blu-ray)
$47.99
1 day ago
G.I. Joe: Retaliation 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Fast Times at Ridgemont High (Blu-ray)
$27.99

The Phantom of the Opera (Blu-ray)
$13.55
1 day ago
300 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99
23 hrs ago
Tenet 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Goblin Slayer: Goblin's Crown (Blu-ray)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports > Fantasy Leagues

Old 08-21-2020, 01:05 PM   #201
Blu-ray Guru

May 2013
VA

I am in to return
Old 08-21-2020, 07:42 PM   #202
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2006

I will try and send out actual emails tonight from the league page. Get solid yesses from everyone. I will ask everyone in the emails for their team name from the end of last year and their username on here so I can match it all up and very quickly get everything set up. If we are all back in we need about a week or so to confirm our keepers right?

What about my ideas for 2 extra roster spots?

Waivers set at each game time and not just 1:00 on Sundays?

And a curtesy of complete team QB ownernship. If you have Mahomes then you automatically have the chiefs back up and don't have to waste a roster spot all year. But if 15 minutes before game time he gets announced he has to sit because of covid someone else can't snake up his back. You have right of first refusal. This would be for QBs only.
Old 08-21-2020, 11:37 PM   #203
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2016
oHIo

I am Laser Chaser. I posted in the league that I am in as well.

I am fine with extra rosters.

Not a fan of the QB rule.
Old 08-22-2020, 03:09 AM   #204
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2008
Livonia, MI

extra roster spots are fine...

still undecided on the QB rule... but if we allow it, just have an extra QB slot and have everyone pick the team's back-up QB with their last draft pick... but then it gets dicey... most of us pick 2 QBs... do we then get 2 back-ups as well... could get messy...
Old 08-22-2020, 12:33 PM   #205
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoLskA View Post
extra roster spots are fine...

still undecided on the QB rule... but if we allow it, just have an extra QB slot and have everyone pick the team's back-up QB with their last draft pick... but then it gets dicey... most of us pick 2 QBs... do we then get 2 back-ups as well... could get messy...
This would only be for this year. What if your starter plays Sunday night or Monday and they announce 30 minutes before game time they were exposed and have to sit. Your other qb on your roster might have already played. If your opponent happens to hear the news firsr and picks up your teams back up you might get a 0 from your QB spot. I just want to eliminate that as a possibility but also keep us from wasting roster spots for a back up qb we won't likely need.

I am aware this is an unlikely situation but this year could be very different.
Old 08-22-2020, 06:07 PM   #206
Power Member

Jan 2011
PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheForce8686 View Post
I will try and send out actual emails tonight from the league page. Get solid yesses from everyone. I will ask everyone in the emails for their team name from the end of last year and their username on here so I can match it all up and very quickly get everything set up. If we are all back in we need about a week or so to confirm our keepers right?

What about my ideas for 2 extra roster spots?

Waivers set at each game time and not just 1:00 on Sundays?

And a curtesy of complete team QB ownernship. If you have Mahomes then you automatically have the chiefs back up and don't have to waste a roster spot all year. But if 15 minutes before game time he gets announced he has to sit because of covid someone else can't snake up his back. You have right of first refusal. This would be for QBs only.
I am in! I am team "FearTheConseqwentzes" I sent an email back not sure you got it. Can we push the draft time to 9:30pm or 10pm ET on Sep 5th?

I'm fine with the keepers date.

I say keep waiver rules like last year if possible. As mentioned before just make extra IR spots for Covid Players. I agree we should get the QB's backup.
Old 08-22-2020, 07:48 PM   #207
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2016
oHIo

Quote:
This would only be for this year. What if your starter plays Sunday night or Monday and they announce 30 minutes before game time they were exposed and have to sit. Your other qb on your roster might have already played. If your opponent happens to hear the news firsr and picks up your teams back up you might get a 0 from your QB spot. I just want to eliminate that as a possibility but also keep us from wasting roster spots for a back up qb we won't likely need.

I am aware this is an unlikely situation but this year could be very different.
That’s part of fantasy football... strategy, put your opponent at a disadvantage, etc. Be active, be competitive. I’m here to win.

Not much different from the chance of having your starting QB get hurt in the first drive of the game and then be out.
Old 08-22-2020, 10:09 PM   #208
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizCat View Post
Thatís part of fantasy football... strategy, put your opponent at a disadvantage, etc. Be active, be competitive. Iím here to win.

Not much different from the chance of having your starting QB get hurt in the first drive of the game and then be out.
It is very different. In game injuries happen. Being told you can't play at the last minute due to Covid is definitely different.
Old 08-22-2020, 10:41 PM   #209
Blu-ray Duke

Mar 2016
oHIo

Quote:
It is very different. In game injuries happen. Being told you can't play at the last minute due to Covid is definitely different.
Meh, still happens COVID or not.
Old 08-23-2020, 01:38 PM   #210
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizCat View Post
Meh, still happens COVID or not.
I will go with a majority rules thing but I would personally rather not play without that rule or the adjusted waiver time rule. I totally get what you are saying about in game injuries. But this is 100% not the same thing. If at 3:30 they find out that our kicker was exposed and they make him sit we need to be able to try and pick someone up. If the same happens for a QB or TE most teams don't always have depth at those positions.

My personaly feelings on Covid aside I want to make sure we can attempt to allow every team to at least have every spot in their lineup filled for a week.
Old 08-23-2020, 04:14 PM   #211

Nov 2014
Crossville and Nashville, TN

All leagues should have waivers set to Gametime. We don't in this league? If it's not set to that, you can pick up players while they're playing during Thursday games.
Old 08-23-2020, 11:16 PM   #212
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwhy? View Post
All leagues should have waivers set to Gametime. We don't in this league? If it's not set to that, you can pick up players while they're playing during Thursday games.
This league has always had it set where Waivers start Sunday at 1:00. We will change it this year to game time.
Old 08-25-2020, 05:08 AM   #213
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2007
Guam

Quote:
I will go with a majority rules thing but I would personally rather not play without that rule or the adjusted waiver time rule. I totally get what you are saying about in game injuries. But this is 100% not the same thing. If at 3:30 they find out that our kicker was exposed and they make him sit we need to be able to try and pick someone up. If the same happens for a QB or TE most teams don't always have depth at those positions.

My personaly feelings on Covid aside I want to make sure we can attempt to allow every team to at least have every spot in their lineup filled for a week.
I consider covid same as injuries. Plenty of times where players were benched last minute. Those that had players on Sunday night or Monday night games got screwed over plenty of times too.
Thanks given by:
Batman1980 (08-25-2020), BizCat (08-25-2020)
Old 08-25-2020, 12:47 PM   #214
Power Member

Jan 2011
PA

Are keepers still due Aug 30th? (Do the new teams know this?)
When are we drafting again? (Has this been finalized?)
Old 08-25-2020, 04:27 PM   #215
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beefbowl View Post
I consider covid same as injuries. Plenty of times where players were benched last minute. Those that had players on Sunday night or Monday night games got screwed over plenty of times too.
Can you honestly name one time that happened? And i don't mean if a player was questionable. That's something you can plan for ahead of time. If you have Mahomes or Jackson and suddenly at 7:30 Sunday night you find out their girlfriend has Covid and they need to sit that isn't bad planning or management. That is a once in a lifetime global pandemic issue.
Old 08-25-2020, 04:32 PM   #216
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2006

i have heard from 6 people.

Gary - password is Taco
Dave - matador
Ed - dxtra
Lucas - Don't Pruitt
Cameron - goodwin hunting
Brandon - laser chaser

I am waiting on everyone else.
Old 08-25-2020, 04:59 PM   #217
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008

Quote:
Can you honestly name one time that happened? And i don't mean if a player was questionable. That's something you can plan for ahead of time. If you have Mahomes or Jackson and suddenly at 7:30 Sunday night you find out their girlfriend has Covid and they need to sit that isn't bad planning or management. That is a once in a lifetime global pandemic issue.
Wide receiver for Jacksonville several years ago was benched 5 minutes before gametime for conduct detrimental to the team, post window closing for gametime pickups or swaps.

Only time ive ever seen it happen, its very rare but does happen.

Still won but it almost cost me.
Old 08-25-2020, 11:45 PM   #218
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2007
Guam

Quote:
No one's going to announce someone has covid 5 mins before game time. They'll know hrs ahead of time which will give you time to adjust.
Old 08-26-2020, 02:08 AM   #219

Nov 2014
Crossville and Nashville, TN

Are we still planning on drafting on Sept. 5th?
Old 08-26-2020, 02:15 AM   #220
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by lwhy? View Post
Are we still planning on drafting on Sept. 5th?
The season starts a few days after that. But as of right now we only have 6 people so unless the others respond or we find 4 new members it will be tough.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > Sports > Fantasy Leagues