Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Soon: Alien: 6 Film Collection ()

Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Rampage (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$115.96
15 hrs ago
Paul, Apostle of Christ (Blu-ray)
$14.96

The Invisible Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99

The Equalizer 2 (Blu-ray)
$26.34

Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.00

Mission: Impossible - Fallout (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Chappaquiddick (Blu-ray)
$14.99

A Star Is Born (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Twilight Zone: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.49
3 hrs ago
The Night Strangler (Blu-ray)
$19.34

The House of the Devil (Blu-ray)
$8.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie (after you have seen it)
One Star 15 2.44%
Two Stars 25 4.07%
Three Stars 107 17.40%
Four Stars 282 45.85%
Five Stars 186 30.24%
Voters: 615. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-01-2015, 03:29 PM   #7441
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2011
Dryland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff D View Post
Point being, the previous poster may not have had Bucky in mind when talking about the great villain that Winter Soldier has. Because it's not Bucky IMO.
Well if he's not talking about the Winter Soldier himself then i disagree about the movie having a great villain as i thought Robert Redford was a rubbish villain. The Winter Soldier however was very intimidating and effective.
Old 10-01-2015, 03:43 PM   #7442
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2008
Gothenburg, Sweden

Old 10-01-2015, 04:58 PM   #7443
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2013
Orlando, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant1010 View Post
I love the Thor movies, they have the most interesting storyline and supporting cast for me. Also the scores are fantastic and by far better than any other Marvel movie. If i had to rank the them I would go with

1. The Avengers
2. Thor
3. Captain America: Winter Solider
4. Guardians of the Galaxy
5. Avengers: Age of Ultron
6. Thor: The Dark World
7. Incredible Hulk
8. Iron Man
9. Captain America: The First Avenger

Hated Ant-Man, Iron Man 2 and Iron Man 3

but if I had to rank these as well

10. Ant-Man
11. Iron Man 2
12. Iron Man 3
Hmmm....I don't agree with The Dark World being rated higher than Iron Man.

My ranking:
1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier
2. The Avengers
3. Iron Man
5. Thor
6. Captain America: The First Avengers
7. Avengers: Age of Ultron
8. Iron Man 3
9. Ant-Man
10. The Incredible Hulk
11. Iron Man 2
12. Thor: The Dark World
Old 10-01-2015, 05:03 PM   #7444
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2008
Alaska

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman3 View Post

My ranking:
2. The Avengers
3. Iron Man
5. Thor
8. Iron Man 3
9. Ant-Man
10. The Incredible Hulk
11. Iron Man 2
I agree with this list, but I'd put Ant-Man in the #5 slot with Thor and Ultron right underneath.
Thanks given by:
jayman3 (10-01-2015)
Old 10-01-2015, 05:07 PM   #7445
Power Member

Dec 2010
-

Quote:

My ranking:
2. The Avengers
3. Iron Man
5. Thor
8. Iron Man 3
9. Ant-Man
10. The Incredible Hulk
11. Iron Man 2
that's the beautiful thing about opinions. They're all different
Thanks given by:
jayman3 (10-01-2015)
Old 10-01-2015, 06:17 PM   #7446
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2013
Orlando, FL

Quote:
that's the beautiful thing about opinions. They're all different
I'm just glad to have found someone who's not offended that I don't agree with their opinions.

I was never fond of The Dark World. I only find that movie entertaining for the action sequences and cinematography; to me, it doesn't have the best story. But I'm glad to know you find more enjoyment in the movie than me.
Thanks given by:
Ant1010 (10-01-2015), JackKnightStarman (10-01-2015)
Old 10-01-2015, 07:11 PM   #7447
Power Member

Aug 2008
San Fransokyo

Quote:
I'm just glad to have found someone who's not offended that I don't agree with their opinions.

I was never fond of The Dark World. I only find that movie entertaining for the action sequences and cinematography; to me, it doesn't have the best story. But I'm glad to know you find more enjoyment in the movie than me.
Try discussing Nolan's "Holy" Trilogy with the Nolanites, it is impossible for them to even accept another opinion. If you have an criticisms, you are branded a "hater just trying to be cool because it's cool to hate" or " Not smart enough to get it.".

My Marvel rankings are:

Captain America The Winter Soldier A+

Captain America The First Avenger A

Iron Man A

Avengers B+

Guardians of the Galaxy B+

Thor B

Iron Man 3 B

Avengers Age of Ultron B

Incredible Hulk B

Iron Man 2 C

Thor The Dark World D

I haven't seen Ant-man yet. Just some thoughts on the movies and the rankings. To me, the Cap movies have had the best writing and Direction. Avengers is above Guardians simply because of a better written villians. Ronan was written as a one off, but the casting was brilliant, and was impressed by David Bautista's comedic timing and delivery of his lines....
I have a soft spot for the Incredible Hulk. Marvel meddled too much with this film though...
Same goes for Iron Man 2 and Thor the Dark World. The villians are poorly written, and have no weight to the threats they deliver. Biggest waste of casting...
Old 10-01-2015, 08:06 PM   #7448
Power Member

Dec 2010
-

Quote:

yeah a lot of people are crazy when it comes to comicbook movies. I don't get all crazy if someone likes something more/less than I do. Everybody sees something different in movies, its an art and like paintings not everybody sees the same thing. Out of all the Marvel movies that are out there, I only like 2 in my top 5. My top 5 comicbook movie list is vastly different from the majority I'm sure and mind you have I seen every single one

The Dark Knight
The Avengers
Man of Steel
Kick-Ass
Thor
Old 10-01-2015, 08:29 PM   #7449
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2013
Orlando, FL

Quote:
yeah a lot of people are crazy when it comes to comicbook movies. I don't get all crazy if someone likes something more/less than I do. Everybody sees something different in movies, its an art and like paintings not everybody sees the same thing. Out of all the Marvel movies that are out there, I only like 2 in my top 5. My top 5 comicbook movie list is vastly different from the majority I'm sure and mind you have I seen every single one

The Dark Knight
The Avengers
Man of Steel
Kick-Ass
Thor
I'm surprised Watchmen isn't on that list. I know it has a polarized fanbase but I think that movie is one the best comic book adaptations made.

If I were to pick my favorite comic book movies of all time, they would be in no particular order: The Dark Knight, The Avengers, Watchmen, Kick-Ass, and Iron Man.
Thanks given by:
RSuarez (10-01-2015)
Old 10-01-2015, 09:04 PM   #7450
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2013
Benicia, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackKnightStarman View Post

[Show spoiler]My Marvel rankings are:

Captain America The Winter Soldier A+

Captain America The First Avenger A

Iron Man A

Avengers B+

Guardians of the Galaxy B+

Thor B

Iron Man 3 B

Avengers Age of Ultron B

Incredible Hulk B

Iron Man 2 C

Thor The Dark World D

Mine would be like this.

[Show spoiler]
GotG - A+
Winter Soldier - A
Avengers - A-
Iron Man - A-

Ant-Man - B
Incredible Hulk - B
Thor - B-
First Avenger - B-

Age of Ultron - C
Iron Man 2 - C-

Dark World - D

Iron Man 3 - F---
Old 10-01-2015, 09:29 PM   #7451

Jul 2015
Buenos Aires, Argentina

The best ones:

Iron Man
The Avengers
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
Guardians Of The Galaxy

The enjoyable ones:

The Incredible Hulk
Iron Man 2
Iron Man 3
(hated IM3 on first watching, enjoyed it much more the 2nd time knowing what to expect)

Okay but nothing special:

Thor
Captain America: The First Avenger
Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Still haven't watched:

Thor The Dark World, Ant-Man
Old 10-01-2015, 10:50 PM   #7452
Power Member

Aug 2008
San Fransokyo

Quote:
I'm surprised Watchmen isn't on that list. I know it has a polarized fanbase but I think that movie is one the best comic book adaptations made.

If I were to pick my favorite comic book movies of all time, they would be in no particular order: The Dark Knight, The Avengers, Watchmen, Kick-Ass, and Iron Man.
Watchman and Kickass are at least in my top 10 for comic book movies, but this is the Marvel thread, and I won't even tackle that list...
Old 10-02-2015, 11:38 PM   #7453
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2008
Orlando, FL

Just finished watching the Blu-ray. I definitely think I enjoyed it more the second time around. Still too much Hawkeye if you ask me.

I think two of the deleted scenes should have not been cut. The first one was
[Show spoiler]SW and QS being summoned to see Ultron. The second was the whole Thor going to that pool thing scene. They could have cut some of the deleted scene, but still included it with a better edit.

The Infinity Stone feature was pretty cool.

I'd definitely love to see Ultron again in a movie one day.
Old 10-07-2015, 11:27 PM   #7454

Sep 2011
The Land of Mary
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elbie View Post
Just finished watching the Blu-ray. I definitely think I enjoyed it more the second time around. Still too much Hawkeye if you ask me.

I think two of the deleted scenes should have not been cut. The first one was
[Show spoiler]SW and QS being summoned to see Ultron. The second was the whole Thor going to that pool thing scene. They could have cut some of the deleted scene, but still included it with a better edit.

The Infinity Stone feature was pretty cool.

I'd definitely love to see Ultron again in a movie one day.
The first released deleted scene with Wanda and Pietro needed to be in the movie. It gave both a little character development. As well as giving a logical intro to them meeting Ultron. The scene is only a 1-2 minute scene. In the movie, they just show up at the church for no reason due to that scene being cut. And the editing and/or pacing/acting during the church scene was far too brief to catch all that that scene represents.

I think the Steve and Maria extended scene should've been in there. I saw it first, then the movie, and it feels like what was cut was cut from that scene.

I can't really remember the bits that were cut from the scene of Bruce and Natasha. But I do remember she was a lot more flirtatious/forward in her trying to persuade Bruce. Which, while realistically acted, felt off. Plus, she was more in a "relationship" with Bruce/Hulk and he with her.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:50 PM   #7455
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2012

So I've this movie a bunch of times on Starz now since it came on a week or two ago.

I saw it once in theaters and was heavily disappointed, but upon viewing a few times at home I like this movie a bunch more.

My biggest problem then is still the biggest problem I have now.

Elizabeth Olsen's accent is terrible. In most of her lines there literally is no accent just her regular voice, and it's painful to listen to her attempt at an eastern european accent.

Pietro's was bad but wasn't as bad as Scarlet Witch's. Really really kills a lot of the good moments in the movie for me.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:53 PM   #7456
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
Portland, OR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasturB View Post
So I've this movie a bunch of times on Starz now since it came on a week or two ago.

I saw it once in theaters and was heavily disappointed, but upon viewing a few times at home I like this movie a bunch more.

My biggest problem then is still the biggest problem I have now.

Elizabeth Olsen's accent is terrible. In most of her lines there literally is no accent just her regular voice, and it's painful to listen to her attempt at an eastern european accent.

Pietro's was bad but wasn't as bad as Scarlet Witch's. Really really kills a lot of the good moments in the movie for me.
I would need to watch it again but I don't remember her accent slipping, I could be wrong of course since you just recently watched it.

I do have to disagree with their accents being "terrible". I still believe in this day and age by default people are ready to call out accents as being terrible right off the bat. I didn't find their accents to be too over the top, I thought they were fine overall.
Old 02-03-2016, 04:59 PM   #7457
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraiserfan View Post
I would need to watch it again but I don't remember her accent slipping, I could be wrong of course since you just recently watched it.

I do have to disagree with their accents being "terrible". I still believe in this day and age by default people are ready to call out accents as being terrible right off the bat. I didn't find their accents to be too over the top, I thought they were fine overall.
I noticed it immediately in theaters.

Now watching it at home 3-4 times with the speakers near my ears, I couldn't be more certain her accent was horrible and his was slightly better but still awful.
Old 02-03-2016, 05:24 PM   #7458
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
Portland, OR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasturB View Post
I noticed it immediately in theaters.

Now watching it at home 3-4 times with the speakers near my ears, I couldn't be more certain her accent was horrible and his was slightly better but still awful.
I don't get what people find horrible about most accents unless their way over the top. I thought they were perfectly fine and still believe Most people have that popular mentality of hating on accents every time set to Auto. Hell, I usually can never get an answer from people on why this or that actor's accent is terrible. That's fine if you feel that way, it's just annoying when you constantly see complaints about accents for near every movie.
Old 02-03-2016, 05:30 PM   #7459
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2008
DMV

The accents didn't bother me, they may not have been accurate but I'd have no way of knowing.
Thanks given by:
Elbie (02-04-2016)
Old 02-03-2016, 05:31 PM   #7460
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellraiserfan View Post
I don't get what people find horrible about most accents unless their way over the top. I thought they were perfectly fine and still believe Most people have that popular mentality of hating on accents every time set to Auto. Hell, I usually can never get an answer from people on why this or that actor's accent is terrible. That's fine if you feel that way, it's just annoying when you constantly see complaints about accents for near every movie.
I usually don't complain about accents, but these two accents sounded like they were meant for a parody/spoof movie, not a big budget blockbuster as this is.

Again, after subsequent viewings at home I find it worse than initially thought. What makes it worse are the times where there is clearly no accent, just her regular voice.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies