Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Shazam! 3D (Blu-ray)
C$29.99

Captain America: Civil War 4K (Blu-ray)
C$20.00

Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Blu-ray)
C$19.96
2 hrs ago
First Man 4K (Blu-ray)
C$18.99

Toy Story (Blu-ray)
C$16.89
2 hrs ago
The Sisters Brothers (Blu-ray)
C$12.99

Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4K (Blu-ray)
C$29.96
2 hrs ago
Men in Black / Men in Black II / Men in Black 3 (Blu-ray)
C$9.96
2 hrs ago
Aquaman (Blu-ray)
C$20.00
15 hrs ago
Spider-Man Trilogy / Origins Collection (Blu-ray)
C$14.99

A Star Is Born (Blu-ray)
C$24.96
2 hrs ago
The Equalizer 2 / The Equalizer (Blu-ray)
C$17.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals

Old 08-02-2018, 06:13 AM   #1
Expert Member

Apr 2014
Target QUESTION: Is it possible to get a (Target) Red Card if you have a Canadian address?

I assumed for years that the Red Card was a points card like Scene or HMV Rewards but apparently, it's a credit card.

Anyway, my buddies and I want to head across the border in two weeks to pick up the Avengers: Infinity War exclusive with the nice Funko POP!. Unfortunately, they require customers have a Red Card to buy it.

Is there anyway we would be able to sign up for a Red Card or are we out in the cold?
Old 08-02-2018, 11:04 AM   #2
Power Member

Feb 2011
Ottawa, Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by zw94 View Post
I assumed for years that the Red Card was a points card like Scene or HMV Rewards but apparently, it's a credit card.

Anyway, my buddies and I want to head across the border in two weeks to pick up the Avengers: Infinity War exclusive with the nice Funko POP!. Unfortunately, they require customers have a Red Card to buy it.

Is there anyway we would be able to sign up for a Red Card or are we out in the cold?
Depends on the franchise I guess. I live close to the border and shop once a year. Kohl's is always pushing for their card and I decline saying I was from Canada and they said it didn't matter, it's open to Canadian customers too. So I got a card. A bit of a pain to pay it off though.

Not sure what the Target rule is. Website says US address only but we're their neighbors and they easily have the means to do a credit check on Canadians. Maybe call their customer service?
Old 08-02-2018, 12:02 PM   #3
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2013
The Ocean State
-
-
-

It's possible to get a Target MasterCard issued by Royal Bank of Canada that is usable in any US Target store. The debit card however would only be good in Canadian stores.

Explained in top post:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/targe...-fees-1298067/
Old 08-02-2018, 12:14 PM   #4
Power Member

Feb 2011
Ottawa, Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Irwin View Post
It's possible to get a Target MasterCard issued by Royal Bank of Canada that is usable in any US Target store. The debit card however would only be good in Canadian stores.

Explained in top post:

http://forums.redflagdeals.com/targe...-fees-1298067/
That's an old post on RFD though. Back when Target stores existed in Canada for like...6 months. LOL!

Royal Bank ditched this card in 2015 after all the stores closed and converted them into regular RB cards.
Thanks given by:
Thomas Irwin (08-02-2018)
Old 08-02-2018, 12:21 PM   #5
Blu-ray Count

Feb 2013
The Ocean State
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Baz View Post
That's an old post on RFD though. Back when Target stores existed in Canada for like...6 months. LOL!

Royal Bank ditched this card in 2015 after all the stores closed and converted them into regular RB cards.
Oh, sorry, I didn't know they closed.
Old 08-02-2018, 03:34 PM   #6
Power Member

Feb 2011
Ottawa, Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Irwin View Post
Oh, sorry, I didn't know they closed.
Oh yeah. Massive failure due to opening too many stores at a time at a major cost and not delivering. 2 year lifespan. I don't even think they carried Target Blu-ray exclusives here either.

Target Canada opened its first store in March 2013, and was operating 133 locations by January 2015. Its main competition included the Canadian division of its American rival Walmart and the local Loblaws and Shoppers Drug Mart chains.

Target Canada was ultimately unsuccessful, with an overly-aggressive expansion initiative, in addition to higher prices and a limited selection of products compared to Target stores in the United States. The retail chain racked up losses of $2.1 billion in its lifespan, and was widely viewed as a failure, termed a "spectacular failure" by Amanda Lang of CBC News, "an unmitigated disaster" by Maclean's
Thanks given by:
Thomas Irwin (08-05-2018)
Old 08-02-2018, 04:33 PM   #7
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2009

They did carry some blu-ray exclusives. I remember getting the Hansel & Gretal digibook, the Edge of Tomorrow steelbook, the Lucy steelbook, A Million Ways to die in the west exclusive and the Oblivion exclusive there.
Thanks given by:
BLu-Balls (08-03-2018)
Old 08-03-2018, 02:55 PM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Canada
-

I see that you need a REDCard to pre-order the Funko pop bundle.

Do you know if it will be available in-store separately?

The REDCard is a credit card and basically in order to get any US credit card, you need a US social security (social insurance in Canada) number.

So you will need the help of a US citizen if you want to pre-order with the REDCard.

However, a lot of times these things are available in-store on release day. You should confirm if maybe they will be available in-store.
Old 08-03-2018, 07:02 PM   #9
Power Member

Feb 2011
Ottawa, Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGreg View Post

The REDCard is a credit card and basically in order to get any US credit card, you need a US social security (social insurance in Canada) number.

So you will need the help of a US citizen if you want to pre-order with the REDCard.

However, a lot of times these things are available in-store on release day. You should confirm if maybe they will be available in-store.
It depends on who issues the credit card too. As I said, I was able to get a Kohl's credit card despite a Canadian address. They have means of getting credit bureaus too. Doesn't hurt to call and ask.
Old 08-03-2018, 07:04 PM   #10
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2008
San Jose, Ca USAwesome!

I've preordered this for a buddy in Canada. I can help Canada if Canada needs help. This is to thank you for the events depicted in Argo
Thanks given by:
agoofykindasuperman (08-04-2018), Jakdonark (08-03-2018), Thomas Irwin (08-05-2018)
Old 08-03-2018, 07:38 PM   #11
Expert Member

Jun 2011
vancouver

i asked in bellingham wa i was told 5 times i cant get it cause they keep asking
even bestbuy us says im aproved to get one when i say i live in canada there like nope you cant get it
i have a us address and us only banks but its a no go
Old 08-05-2018, 04:54 AM   #12
Expert Member

Apr 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGreg View Post

If they are available in-store, wouldn’t you still need a REDCard to purchase it?
Old 08-05-2018, 12:12 PM   #13
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Canada
-

A REDCard is just a Target branded credit card.

The ad says that you can pre-order with a REDCard.

I'm just saying that it is possible that they may have these in-store as well.

I would be surprised if they only offered this as a REDCard exclusive.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals