Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Spider-Man Trilogy 4K Origins Collection (Blu-ray)
C$26.99
9 hrs ago
Mortal Engines 4K (Blu-ray)
C$16.99
 
Mortal Engines (Blu-ray)
C$12.99
 
Green Book (Blu-ray)
C$12.99
 
Dumbo 4K (Blu-ray)
C$29.96
 
Welcome to Marwen (Blu-ray)
C$8.99
 
Attack on Titan: Season 3 Part 1 (Blu-ray)
C$36.99
 
Happy Death Day 2U (Blu-ray)
C$16.99
 
Hunter × Hunter: Volume 6 (Blu-ray)
C$42.99
22 hrs ago
Cinderella 4K (Blu-ray)
C$29.96
21 hrs ago
Pokémon: Detective Pikachu (Blu-ray)
C$26.99
 
Fighting with My Family (Blu-ray)
C$16.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2015, 01:11 AM   #41
zeze zeze is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
zeze's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
148
5396
28
232
-7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by will oneill View Post
Regularly, Arrow's shipping is free as long as you spend 50Ł.
I'm not sure if they fixed this error yet (it still worked during their last sale) but if you order 1 blu-ray it will also give you free shipping.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2016, 12:50 PM   #42
agoofykindasuperman agoofykindasuperman is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
agoofykindasuperman's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Toronto, Canada
27
221
1610
1
121
-5
Default

Looks like Chapters Indigo has followed Cineplex's lead and gotten rid of all disc sales. Can no longer purchase Blu-rays or DVDs on Chapters' website
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:41 PM   #43
aaron158 aaron158 is offline
Contributor
 
aaron158's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
1382
166
12
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by agoofykindasuperman View Post
Looks like Chapters Indigo has followed Cineplex's lead and gotten rid of all disc sales. Can no longer purchase Blu-rays or DVDs on Chapters' website
ya I saw that there video games section is almost completely gone to. what is there is all like 25% off my guess is there trying to get rid of it all even at 25% off though prices suck because its like 25% off of release date prices.

tbh though there prices on both movies and games were always higher then amazon or else were and with no price match there really wasn't any reason to buy anything from them. last time I bought blurays was when they started to take visa checkout and were doing 25% off any order that was the only time there prices really beat amazon or bb.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 11:34 PM   #44
redstars redstars is offline
Senior Member
 
Mar 2013
464
-5
Default

4k uhd movie available at http://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/tvs-an...ge=0&view=grid
The price seem high.
$25 off (>$100) promo code for subscribing to their newsletter:

OPTION 1 - CHOOSE FREE IN-STORE PICKUP

Standard Shipping - Free for Orders Over $25*
We ship to most urban areas of Canada within 3-4 business days for Free on orders over $25 before tax.

Standard Shipping - $4.99
Delivery to most urban areas of Canada within 3-4 business days for orders under $25 before tax.

Express Shipping - $14.99
Select Express Shipping to get your purchase even faster. We ship to most urban areas of Canada within 2-3 business days.

Oversized Shipping - $49.99
Products that are larger require specialized couriers in large shipments and require 4-6 business days for delivery.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 12:12 AM   #45
Steel Panther Steel Panther is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Steel Panther's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
Ontario, Canada
42
920
18
15
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redstars View Post
4k uhd movie available at http://www.thesource.ca/en-ca/tvs-an...ge=0&view=grid
The price seem high.
$25 off (>$100) promo code for subscribing to their newsletter:

OPTION 1 - CHOOSE FREE IN-STORE PICKUP

Standard Shipping - Free for Orders Over $25*
We ship to most urban areas of Canada within 3-4 business days for Free on orders over $25 before tax.

Standard Shipping - $4.99
Delivery to most urban areas of Canada within 3-4 business days for orders under $25 before tax.

Express Shipping - $14.99
Select Express Shipping to get your purchase even faster. We ship to most urban areas of Canada within 2-3 business days.

Oversized Shipping - $49.99
Products that are larger require specialized couriers in large shipments and require 4-6 business days for delivery.
$50 for Deadpool? Man alive....
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 01:19 AM   #46
redstars redstars is offline
Senior Member
 
Mar 2013
464
-5
Default

http://www.bluraysforeveryone.com/default.asp
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2017, 11:58 PM   #47
agoofykindasuperman agoofykindasuperman is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
agoofykindasuperman's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Toronto, Canada
27
221
1610
1
121
-5
Default

WowHD.ca

US imports, free shipping, no tax.

Looks like the OP can use some updating as well... no more Future Shop, Bluraybin (almost) or Cineplex. Playstop.ca needs to be changed to zeusonline.ca as well.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
alull (05-13-2017)
Old 10-01-2018, 06:50 PM   #48
will oneill will oneill is offline
Senior Member
 
Nov 2010
Ottawa
38
3114
488
5
63
-5
Default New De Minimis under USMCA

Not a deal (yet), but apparently under the NAFTA replacement US-Mexico-Canada Free Trade Agreement, Canada's de minimis will be going up from the absurdly low $20 to $150, which is still quite low compared to many countries (~$800 is pretty common), but a lot better for importing a handful of blu-rays.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 07:00 PM   #49
zeze zeze is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
zeze's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
148
5396
28
232
-7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by will oneill View Post
Not a deal (yet), but apparently under the NAFTA replacement US-Mexico-Canada Free Trade Agreement, Canada's de minimis will be going up from the absurdly low $20 to $150, which is still quite low compared to many countries (~$800 is pretty common), but a lot better for importing a handful of blu-rays.
I read that the duty-free level rose from $20 to $150 but the sales tax free level only rose from $20 to $40. So for blu-rays and such the only amount that matters is the $40 limit as those items are not subjected to duties anyways.


https://globalnews.ca/news/4503461/c...e-limit-usmca/

Last edited by zeze; 10-01-2018 at 07:04 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
RCRochester (10-01-2018)
Old 10-01-2018, 07:22 PM   #50
cfraser cfraser is offline
Expert Member
 
Jun 2011
Toronto area, Canada
-5
Default

I wonder how long it'll take amazon.com to get that right? IME they never did get the previous arrangement correct re the tax level, except for a very short time (yet many other online retailers seemed to always get it right...). But at least $40 can buy you "something" worth importing, $20 gets you nothing in the times when people want to import UHDs, steelbooks, and boutique discs that aren't sold here.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 07:59 PM   #51
GreatGreg GreatGreg is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
GreatGreg's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
Canada
-
21
-5
Default

My understanding was that there is no such thing as 'duties' and it is all just GST/HST now.

Every time I have crossed the border and had to declare things (like a TV) I asked about the duties vs. GST and was told by the border official that it is only GST.

When I bought a $1000 TV and brought it across the border, I declared it and only had to pay GST for it.

When I import movies, if I get dinged, it's just for GST -- not counting the royal screwing I get from couriers like UPS for brokerage fees!
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 08:24 PM   #52
zeze zeze is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
zeze's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
148
5396
28
232
-7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGreg View Post
My understanding was that there is no such thing as 'duties' and it is all just GST/HST now.

Every time I have crossed the border and had to declare things (like a TV) I asked about the duties vs. GST and was told by the border official that it is only GST.

When I bought a $1000 TV and brought it across the border, I declared it and only had to pay GST for it.

When I import movies, if I get dinged, it's just for GST -- not counting the royal screwing I get from couriers like UPS for brokerage fees!
There must be a difference otherwise they would have just made both amounts the same.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 09:26 PM   #53
cfraser cfraser is offline
Expert Member
 
Jun 2011
Toronto area, Canada
-5
Default

Most of the discs we buy are made in the U.S. or Mexico: there are no duties, in the future (USMCA) or under NAFTA. The "import fees" are all PST/GST i.e. tax (which duty isn't ), and this is where amazon.com usually got it wrong.

There could be duties for discs imported from the UK, but I've noticed even UK amazon was very good about that, and never charged duty for discs I bought there that were made in North America. Charged taxes though, lately.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 07:54 PM   #54
cfraser cfraser is offline
Expert Member
 
Jun 2011
Toronto area, Canada
-5
Default

Do you see that they're now saying the new duty-free amount of $150 only applies to stuff shipped directly from U.S./Mexico. So if you order something from e.g. the U.S. and it gets delivered by Canada Post (who got the parcel from somebody else), apparently this new duty-free amount doesn't apply. So the shipment essentially has to come from a courier to qualify. And probably not a Canada-based courier.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 08:07 PM   #55
agoofykindasuperman agoofykindasuperman is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
agoofykindasuperman's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Toronto, Canada
27
221
1610
1
121
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfraser View Post
Do you see that they're now saying the new duty-free amount of $150 only applies to stuff shipped directly from U.S./Mexico. So if you order something from e.g. the U.S. and it gets delivered by Canada Post (who got the parcel from somebody else), apparently this new duty-free amount doesn't apply. So the shipment essentially has to come from a courier to qualify. And probably not a Canada-based courier.
Yeah, I heard that on the news this morning!

So now we have to hope it comes from a courier like UPS or DHL which are already notorious for charging insane duties? Great... thanks for nothing new agreement!
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:12 AM.