Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Captain America: Civil War 4K (Blu-ray)
C$20.00

First Man 4K (Blu-ray)
C$18.99
34 min ago
Friday the 13th: 8-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
C$21.99

Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
C$19.99
34 min ago
Captain Marvel (Blu-ray)
C$26.99

Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Blu-ray)
C$54.99

The House with a Clock in Its Walls (Blu-ray)
C$12.99
15 hrs ago
Venom (Blu-ray)
C$15.00

Dark Phoenix (Blu-ray)
C$34.39

2001: A Space Odyssey 4K (Blu-ray)
C$20.00

Dark Phoenix 4K (Blu-ray)
C$43.71

The Sisters Brothers (Blu-ray)
C$14.99
34 min ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals

Old 10-11-2018, 05:13 PM   #21
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2009
-
-
-

I've been downsizing my Blu-ray collection considerably as well (not because I'm going digital, which I don't like to download movies) but for 4K. After investing and seeing 4K, I don't hardly want to watch my standard blu-rays anymore. I've selling my blu-rays on ebay, and mostly at local used media stores.
Thanks given by:
wozman (10-12-2018)
Old 10-11-2018, 05:43 PM   #22
Expert Member

Apr 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
Have you tried looking for these titles (used) for a reasonable price on ebay?
No, but I'm in no rush for them. If they drop on Amazon, then great. But I offered to buy them here to help out the OP. I only go to eBay when I'm desperate because I prefer stuff new if I can get it.
Old 10-11-2018, 05:53 PM   #23
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2009
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by zw94 View Post
No, but I'm in no rush for them. If they drop on Amazon, then great. But I offered to buy them here to help out the OP. I only go to eBay when I'm desperate because I prefer stuff new if I can get it.
Used blu-rays can be in just as good of condition, the same as new blu-rays, only unsealed. I've bought many used blu-rays that were in pristine condition, and didn't have any problem with them. You can buy a brand new blu-ray and can be defected! Just a thought.
Thanks given by:
Jakdonark (10-11-2018)
Old 10-11-2018, 07:50 PM   #24
Expert Member

Apr 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimdude View Post
Used blu-rays can be in just as good of condition, the same as new blu-rays, only unsealed. I've bought many used blu-rays that were in pristine condition, and didn't have any problem with them. You can buy a brand new blu-ray and can be defected! Just a thought.
I've bought used Blu-rays before. I frequent BMV all the time. I was asked about eBay, and I gave my answer.

Let's not forget the inconsistent shipping costs between titles, ordering from different sellers, getting scammed. The greater possibility of stuff getting damaged during shipping (which happens with BB and Amazon but their packaging is more consistent so this is rarer), occasional lack of tracking options, and all around painful and inconsistent return options.

I'll shop how I want. Thanks.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:10 PM   #25
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2009
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by zw94 View Post
I've bought used Blu-rays before. I frequent BMV all the time. I was asked about eBay, and I gave my answer.

Let's not forget the inconsistent shipping costs between titles, ordering from different sellers, getting scammed. The greater possibility of stuff getting damaged during shipping (which happens with BB and Amazon but their packaging is more consistent so this is rarer), occasional lack of tracking options, and all around painful and inconsistent return options.

I'll shop how I want. Thanks.
I wasn't trying to tell you how to shop, I was just saying that you could be missing out on some good deals on those Blu-rays that you wanted. Just trying to save you some money, that's all. It doesn't make any difference to me!

Last edited by slimdude; 10-12-2018 at 12:13 AM.
Old 10-11-2018, 09:37 PM   #26
Expert Member

Jun 2011
Toronto area, Canada

The big problem with selling discs in/from Canada is of course the shipping costs. For ordinary people who can't use something through work or some CP deal. If we could ship for what amazon can ship...

I'm going to guess the OP has culled all the better items from his lot. That would definitely make the remaining discs hard to sell, even in small lots. One way to ship for cheap is to take the disc out of the case, put the disc in a disc envelope, and mail like a letter (if the buyer just wants the disc). And sell the case separately, if in good shape they might be worth almost as much as the disc! Another way to mail for cheap(er) is to open the disc case and lay it flat in a bubble envelope. Part of the problem with CP's charges is it depends on envelope thickness, so you want to make the packaged "parcel" thinner to get the lower "letter" rate.
Old 10-11-2018, 10:53 PM   #27

Apr 2010
Hockey Country

Just sell ‘em all to ‘rabbit’...

May be some tips at these sites:

https://www.lifewire.com/where-to-se...movies-1388973

http://www.discflipper.com/sell-blu-rays-online

There’s also some sites in the UK which also purchase bulk blu ray and DVD collections from North America. I have no idea how much any of these places would pay though. Unless you have rare or OOP collector’s editions, you’ll never get back what you’ve invested into your collection. I also have a large collection but I plan on keeping it. My wife is not a fan on how much I spend on this habit, and often reminds me that physical media is dying and most people stream nowadays. I just tell her that when my time eventually comes, they can just bury me with my movies (she’ll need a second and third pine box though....)!
Old 10-11-2018, 11:00 PM   #28
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jar Jar Stinks View Post
If you're serious about selling, you should send all of them to Amazon. Once they're in the Amazon warehouse, they can be shipped with other Prime items. Amazon takes a bigger cut, yet you'll sell a lot more and sell them a hell of a lot faster than you could any other way.
https://services.amazon.com/fulfillm...-it-works.html
Doesn't Amazon basically bar individuals from selling movies at this point? (you are supposed to show them wholesale invoices to be get setup as seller - or something like that)

Maybe I'm wrong, just thought that's the way it was now.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:31 PM   #29
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post
Doesn't Amazon basically bar individuals from selling movies at this point? (you are supposed to show them wholesale invoices to be get setup as seller - or something like that)

Dunno. I used to sell stuff on thru Amazon all the time, but I haven't done so in a couple of years.

I do know that stuff would move much more quickly than eBay when fulfilled by Amazon.
Old 10-11-2018, 11:56 PM   #30
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2009
-
-
-

Quote:
Dunno. I used to sell stuff on thru Amazon all the time, but I haven't done so in a couple of years.

I do know that stuff would move much more quickly than eBay when fulfilled by Amazon.
We're not missing nothing! I quit selling on Amazon a long time ago too because, they were deducting too many commission fees from my sales. After Amazon got through subtracting all of their fees, I was practically giving my items away. Amazon was getting more money from my sales than I was, which was a total ripoff. It's probably worse now!

Last edited by slimdude; 10-12-2018 at 08:09 AM.
Old 10-12-2018, 02:49 AM   #31
Special Member

Aug 2014
Montreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfraser View Post
The big problem with selling discs in/from Canada is of course the shipping costs. For ordinary people who can't use something through work or some CP deal. If we could ship for what amazon can ship...

I'm going to guess the OP has culled all the better items from his lot. That would definitely make the remaining discs hard to sell, even in small lots. One way to ship for cheap is to take the disc out of the case, put the disc in a disc envelope, and mail like a letter (if the buyer just wants the disc). And sell the case separately, if in good shape they might be worth almost as much as the disc! Another way to mail for cheap(er) is to open the disc case and lay it flat in a bubble envelope. Part of the problem with CP's charges is it depends on envelope thickness, so you want to make the packaged "parcel" thinner to get the lower "letter" rate.
Blu-Rays (even thicker cases like Criterion or Arrow), in a bubble mailer can be shipped through lettermail for 1.80 if it's under 100 grams or 2.95 over 100 grams (up to 250 grams I think). It's pretty reasonable, unless you wanna ship something thicker than 2 cm like a VHS tape for example then you are talking $10 and up.
Thanks given by:
RCRochester (10-12-2018)
Old 10-12-2018, 03:04 PM   #32
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgentOrange View Post

Quote:

There are a lot more hoops that you have to jump through to sell on Amazon Marketplace these days... too many that the ROI isn't worth the time and effort. I stick to selling on E-Bay as it's quicker and easier and if you're a savvy enough seller with a good reputation, you can get a lot more than the 50 cents or whatever you'll get from places like Kijiji or rip-off artists at the pawn shops.
Old 10-12-2018, 05:54 PM   #33
Expert Member

Jun 2011
Toronto area, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmtl92 View Post
Blu-Rays (even thicker cases like Criterion or Arrow), in a bubble mailer can be shipped through lettermail for 1.80 if it's under 100 grams or 2.95 over 100 grams (up to 250 grams I think). It's pretty reasonable, unless you wanna ship something thicker than 2 cm like a VHS tape for example then you are talking $10 and up.
Yeah, you just have to be careful on how padded the envelope is. I'm pretty sure it's not 2cm, unless they changed it, it's closer to 1.5cm...big diff if you like to pack carefully (to avoid complaints).

IDK what it exactly is now though, but they stick the envelope through this template, and they don't try very hard to make it go through. An absurdly high price diff if it doesn't fit, like more than $10 higher (incl. tax!). Not worth it then, I've had to repack stuff so it would fit through. I know you can get very lightly padded envelopes these days, but unless you buy a big package of them, they're not that cheap, whereas I try to re-use ones I have. It would be different if I was selling a lot, but I find trying to sell discs in general and especially by mail too frustrating, so I try to keep it local and hand-to-hand if possible.

Last edited by cfraser; 10-12-2018 at 05:58 PM.
Old 10-12-2018, 07:33 PM   #34
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfraser View Post
Yeah, you just have to be careful on how padded the envelope is. I'm pretty sure it's not 2cm, unless they changed it, it's closer to 1.5cm...big diff if you like to pack carefully (to avoid complaints).

IDK what it exactly is now though, but they stick the envelope through this template, and they don't try very hard to make it go through. An absurdly high price diff if it doesn't fit, like more than $10 higher (incl. tax!). Not worth it then, I've had to repack stuff so it would fit through. I know you can get very lightly padded envelopes these days, but unless you buy a big package of them, they're not that cheap, whereas I try to re-use ones I have. It would be different if I was selling a lot, but I find trying to sell discs in general and especially by mail too frustrating, so I try to keep it local and hand-to-hand if possible.
That's only if you take it to a postal counter... if you buy the stamps yourself, you can just slap them on the envelope and pop them in a mailbox.

Dollarama sells cheap padded envelopes in packages of three for $1.25.
Old 11-25-2018, 01:26 PM   #35

Jul 2012
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDownAgain View Post
Hello! It's been over 3 years since I last posted, can't believe it's been that long! I never thought I'd say this, but I'm at the point that I'd like to downsize my collection. I really enjoyed building my collection, but as the rental stores closed, and B&M stores inventory shrank I just ran out of places to shop. Now I'm going digital, and I find I rarely use my physical media anymore, and know it's time to downsize.

Anyone go through this something similar? I'm looking to keep around 500 titles. I've listed some on craigslist, but doesn't seem to get many replies and when they do they just want to buy 1 or 2. I'm going to make a sell thread on the forum, but shipping to the US is expensive and cumbersome. I'm in the lower mainland, does anyone know of any place that buys in bulk that doesn't offer pennies on the dollar? I know I'm not going to get anywhere close to what I paid for them, but I'm not going to sell a blu-ray for $0.10.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!
Do you have any collector items and OOP titles that you are willing to part with? If so, maybe package them with some other titles that you want to get rid of and see if you can sell as a lot on Kijiji? I'm thinking that might be the best way to go if you are trying to sell in bulk without going on Ebay and having to deal with shipping.

I'm in similar position looking to downsize by 50% my collection and looking to go that route by leveraging my OOP stuff (slips, steelbooks, scream factory, horror, etc) in my collection. Not sure if it'll work but I'll give it a try.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals