Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Captain America: Civil War 4K (Blu-ray)
C$20.00

Friday the 13th: 8-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
C$21.99
17 hrs ago
Captain Marvel (Blu-ray)
C$26.99

Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Blu-ray)
C$54.99

Dark Phoenix (Blu-ray)
C$34.39

Dark Phoenix 4K (Blu-ray)
C$43.71

2001: A Space Odyssey 4K (Blu-ray)
C$20.00

Venom (Blu-ray)
C$15.00

Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets (Blu-ray)
C$8.99

The House with a Clock in Its Walls (Blu-ray)
C$12.99
5 hrs ago
The House with a Clock in Its Walls 4K (Blu-ray)
C$16.99

Captain America: The First Avenger 4K (Blu-ray)
C$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals

Old 07-08-2011, 11:52 PM   #1
Special Member

Aug 2007
British Columbia
Default London Drugs 15% off Blu-Rays

Was in London Drugs today and they have signs up saying 15% off Blu-rays and Dvd's until July 27? i believe. The $4.99 Blu-Rays like Eraser, Lethal Weapon, Collateral, etc come down to $4.24 each. The have a bunch of Universal titles at $9.99-$14.99 before discount such as the Fast and Furious movies, Incredible Hulk, Serenity, Elizabeth. Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison are ($19.99-15%=$16.99 each).

Edit: A lot of the titles available are on the website and it states that 15% will be taken off.(http://www.londondrugs.com/Cultures/...&Sort=0&Page=1)

The Town would be $12.74 after the discount. There might be some price matching opportunities with Future Shop/Best Buy.

Last edited by ziggy66; 07-09-2011 at 05:07 AM.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:41 PM   #2

Jan 2009

They sometimes have cardboard displays 6' high with mixed blu-rays at an attractive price, they only stay up for a month or less, and they're usually in the centre of the store not the audio/visual dept. If your London Drugs has one of those.
Old 07-27-2011, 12:15 PM   #3
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2008
Toronto, Canada

so annoying that we dont have even ONE of these stores in ontario.
Old 05-03-2013, 10:35 PM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Port Moody, BC

Was in London Drugs at lunch, one of their endcaps near the check outs had a few of the Universal 100th Anniversary Blu-rays (W Slips) for $7.99. Normal priced stickers were $11.99, the $7.99 were tagged with orange sale stickers.
Picked up

Also saw these:
Old 05-20-2013, 07:14 PM   #5
Special Member

Aug 2007
British Columbia

Saw London Drugs clearing out their exclusive version of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 Blu-Ray for $15.99. It was previously listed at $44.99 i believe. Comes with the Blu-Ray combo pack + a wand pen+bookmark.
Old 07-09-2014, 02:49 AM   #6
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2009

Saw a new bin today at London Drugs with 2/$15 blu-rays. They were mostly Alliance titles with a couple Universal titles mixed in.

Here are some titles that I remembered:

The Fighter steelbook
Appaloosa steelbook
The Blair Witch Project
Blue Crush 2
Sylvester Stallone collection
Arnold Schwarzenegger collection
Kate and Leopold
The Children
Seeking a Friend for the End of the World
Best Picture Collection (Hurt Locker, No Country for Old Men, Crash)
Debt
Seventh Moon
The Children
The Thaw
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (original)
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
The Girl Who Played With Fire
Leatherheads
Drive Angry
Survival of the Dead
Piranha
Saw (I forgot which one but it was either V or VI)

Plus some more that I don't remember.

Last edited by zeze; 07-09-2014 at 02:55 AM.
Thanks given by:
Kilian (07-14-2014)
Old 07-09-2014, 06:20 AM   #7
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2009

Just remembered a couple other titles they had:

Stand Up Guys
House of the Dead
Old 07-09-2014, 04:11 PM   #8
Power Member

Feb 2013
Edmonton, AB

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeze View Post
Saw a new bin today at London Drugs with 2/$15 blu-rays. They were mostly Alliance titles with a couple Universal titles mixed in.

Here are some titles that I remembered:

The Fighter steelbook
Appaloosa steelbook
The Blair Witch Project
Blue Crush 2
Sylvester Stallone collection
Arnold Schwarzenegger collection
Kate and Leopold
The Children
Seeking a Friend for the End of the World
Best Picture Collection (Hurt Locker, No Country for Old Men, Crash)
Debt
Seventh Moon
The Children
The Thaw
The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (original)
The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest
The Girl Who Played With Fire
Leatherheads
Drive Angry
Survival of the Dead
Piranha
Saw (I forgot which one but it was either V or VI)

Plus some more that I don't remember.
I picked up the best picture collection not long ago. No Country for Old Men is the SE with all the extras. Not bad for the price.
Old 07-09-2014, 11:53 PM   #9
Contributor

Oct 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Canada

Get 'em while you can, this is E1 clearing out old Alliance stock that has now become theirs.
Old 07-10-2014, 03:12 AM   #10
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylliam View Post
Get 'em while you can, this is E1 clearing out old Alliance stock that has now become theirs.
Yeah that is what it looks like. I went to another location today and the selection at this store was almost completely different then the one I went to yesterday. The one I went to today also had a few more Universal titles compared to the location I went to yesterday. It seems like whoever is distributing these bins to London Drugs are just throwing whatever blu-rays they find into the bins regardless of the title and shipping them to the stores. Heck I even found the Future Shop exclusive of The Woman in Black in these bins.

Some new titles I saw today:

The Woman in Black (Future Shop Exclusive)
Antiviral
The Royal Collection (The King's Speech, The Queen, Vanity Fair, Shakespeare in Love, The Young Victoria)
She's All That
Scary Movie 3.5
Fubar 2 (with Fubar 1)
Shakespeare in Love (comes with nice slipcover )
The Lorax
Rosewood Lane
The Messenger
The Strangers
The Artist

There were more but I can't remember them. The selection varies so much that I just recommend going to your local store and seeing what you can find and if you find something good that hasn't been mentioned yet make sure to post it.

Last edited by zeze; 07-10-2014 at 04:31 AM.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:05 AM   #11
Power Member

Feb 2013
Edmonton, AB

Thanks to a store employee who knew nothing about this promo I wasted my lunch break. I called ahead of time and the avs guy didn't know of the display. I ran in on my lunch (on a hunch!) and looked all around the electronics area. I was out of time and about to leave but I walked to the middle of the store and there it was. Had time to look but not to buy, so I have to go back tomorrow. I did stop at another location on the way home from work, got 12 movies, including the royal collection (5 movies!), and Appaloosa steel. Still have a few I can get at the first location, and there is one more store in lunch break range.

Hope I can find a Hornet's Nest in a blu ray case. Mine is a combo in a Dvd case lol. Saw one at Target a few weeks back with a slip. Came back a week later and it was gone. Lesson learned: if you see something you want, don't hesitate. Buy it. You can always return it later. But if you come back, it might be gone.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:31 AM   #12
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakdonark View Post
Thanks to a store employee who knew nothing about this promo I wasted my lunch break. I called ahead of time and the avs guy didn't know of the display. I ran in on my lunch (on a hunch!) and looked all around the electronics area. I was out of time and about to leave but I walked to the middle of the store and there it was. Had time to look but not to buy, so I have to go back tomorrow. I did stop at another location on the way home from work, got 12 movies, including the royal collection (5 movies!), and Appaloosa steel. Still have a few I can get at the first location, and there is one more store in lunch break range.

Hope I can find a Hornet's Nest in a blu ray case. Mine is a combo in a Dvd case lol. Saw one at Target a few weeks back with a slip. Came back a week later and it was gone. Lesson learned: if you see something you want, don't hesitate. Buy it. You can always return it later. But if you come back, it might be gone.
What were the other titles you got?

Regarding the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo trilogy. Is there a set that contains both the extended editions and the theatrical editions? If not which edition is worth buying?

Last edited by zeze; 07-10-2014 at 04:37 AM.
Old 07-10-2014, 02:15 PM   #13
Power Member

Feb 2013
Edmonton, AB

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeze View Post
What were the other titles you got?

Regarding the Girl With the Dragon Tattoo trilogy. Is there a set that contains both the extended editions and the theatrical editions? If not which edition is worth buying?
I also got Adventureland, Jarhead, Wallace and Gromit, John Carpenter's The Ward, Punisher (Thomas Jane), The American, W., and the Three Musketeers (Paul Wide Screen Anderson)

There is a box set of just the extended Girl movies, and there's I think a couple of box sets of the theatrical cuts. But $7.00 each for the bd dvd combos and I can sell the DVDs, that's the cheapest.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:31 PM   #14
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2008

Quote:
I also got Adventureland, Jarhead, Wallace and Gromit, John Carpenter's The Ward, Punisher (Thomas Jane), The American, W., and the Three Musketeers (Paul Wide Screen Anderson)
Which Wallace and Gromit? There are like 3 different titles of Wallace and Gromit.
Old 07-10-2014, 04:44 PM   #15
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by uther View Post
Which Wallace and Gromit? There are like 3 different titles of Wallace and Gromit.
I'm thinking its this one as this is the only one I saw at the London Drugs I went to.

Old 07-10-2014, 04:48 PM   #16
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2009

Quote:

There is a box set of just the extended Girl movies, and there's I think a couple of box sets of the theatrical cuts. But $7.00 each for the bd dvd combos and I can sell the DVDs, that's the cheapest.
Yeah I was going to buy the 3 movies when I saw them but then I noticed that Amazon has the extended trilogy for $31.99, but I'm not sure which versions of the film are better.

Selling the DVDs will absolutely make the combo packs the cheapest option but my OCD won't allow me to sell the DVDs even though I would have no use for them.
Old 07-11-2014, 08:06 PM   #17
Power Member

Jul 2011
Canada #1!

Didn't have that deal at my closest London Drugs store, but I ended up buying last year's Star Trek movie combo pack off their $9.99 rack.
Old 07-12-2014, 04:13 AM   #18
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2009

Went to another London Drugs today and found some other titles that haven't been mentioned yet including

Mirror Mirror
The Words
CSI: The Complete First Season
The Best Picture Collection (Chicago / The English Patient / The King's Speech / Shakespeare in Love)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrr1 View Post
Didn't have that deal at my closest London Drugs store, but I ended up buying last year's Star Trek movie combo pack off their $9.99 rack.
Did you look through the whole store? I have been to 3 different locations and the bins have always been in different spots. The first store I went to the bin was near the front of the store (near the seasonal items). The second store had the bin near the photo centre and the third store had it in the electronics section.
Old 07-12-2014, 04:23 PM   #19
Contributor

Oct 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Canada

The bin is at Winnipeg's sole London Drugs location as well, to the right of the electronics registers. Didn't pick up anything however. Only Swingers and Good Will Hunting has slips.
Old 07-13-2014, 06:21 PM   #20
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2009

Finally found a copy of the Traffic steelbook at the 4th location I went to. One of the other locations I went to had a copy but it had a couple of dents on the front. However after buying it I found out that Criterion came out with a release for this film. If I had known that I would have just bought the Criterion instead of the steelbook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhylliam View Post
The bin is at Winnipeg's sole London Drugs location as well, to the right of the electronics registers. Didn't pick up anything however. Only Swingers and Good Will Hunting has slips.
You guys only have 1 store in your city?!

I guess I'm lucky that we have 8 stores here.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals