Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Welcome to Marwen (Blu-ray)
C$8.99
14 hrs ago
Green Book (Blu-ray)
C$12.99
10 hrs ago
Fighting with My Family (Blu-ray)
C$16.99
20 hrs ago
Mortal Engines (Blu-ray)
C$12.99
1 hr ago
Pokémon: Detective Pikachu (Blu-ray)
C$26.99

Attack on Titan: Season 3 Part 1 (Blu-ray)
C$36.99
12 hrs ago
Cinderella (Blu-ray)
C$23.96
10 hrs ago
Happy Death Day 2U (Blu-ray)
C$16.99
12 hrs ago
Dumbo 4K (Blu-ray)
C$29.96
1 hr ago
Glass (Blu-ray)
C$16.99
12 hrs ago
Mary Queen of Scots (Blu-ray)
C$12.99
12 hrs ago
Pokémon: Detective Pikachu 4K (Blu-ray)
C$34.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals

Old 11-01-2011, 05:30 PM   #41
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2011
Nouvelle-Écosse, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by heretic View Post
None of the codes are working for me right now...
which codes are you trying? You need the non-members ones:

10% off entire order online until 11.09.11 :B3P8E4D

7% off entire order after that: E7E4K8K
Old 11-01-2011, 05:42 PM   #42

May 2010
montreal

Thank You just saw someone mention the american forum to get it, btw must mention is anyone finding it weird that some titles arent showing up in the 596 list? Like Carlos was missing and Sabu and 12 Angry Men even though you see them in the front page?
Old 11-01-2011, 05:44 PM   #43
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2011
Nouvelle-Écosse, Canada

Quote:
Thank You just saw someone mention the american forum to get it, btw must mention is anyone finding it weird that some titles arent showing up in the 596 list? Like Carlos was missing and Sabu and 12 Angry Men even though you see them in the front page?
I just searched by title of the ones I wanted. I had most of them saved for later and added them back to order this morning.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:50 PM   #44

May 2010
montreal

Haha need to find someone in Montreal to combine the shipping load with...now to find someone trustworthy..hmmm
Old 11-01-2011, 06:01 PM   #45
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2011
Nouvelle-Écosse, Canada

Quote:
Haha need to find someone in Montreal to combine the shipping load with...now to find someone trustworthy..hmmm
Shipping's not that bad. 3.99 per order, and 1.99 per item. Just split the orders up if it's over 100 bucks, in the event you might get dinged via Canada Post/Customs.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:23 PM   #46

Nov 2010
Ottawa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BohemianGraham View Post
Shipping's not that bad. 3.99 per order, and 1.99 per item. Just split the orders up if it's over 100 bucks, in the event you might get dinged via Canada Post/Customs.
You won't get dinged by Customs, because you already paid the tax. Barnes and Noble takes care of brokering it.

Maybe it's only my experience, but people in this thread crap on B&N a lot, but for me these are great prices, pretty reasonable shipping, and every order I've made has come within two weeks.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:31 PM   #47
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Toronto, Canada

Good to hear! I remember ordering from them before a long time ago... it did take a while to arrive, but I'm a patient guy.

I have to say that $45 for two shipped Criterions is one hellufa good deal
Old 11-01-2011, 08:42 PM   #48
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2011
Nouvelle-Écosse, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by will oneill View Post
You won't get dinged by Customs, because you already paid the tax. Barnes and Noble takes care of brokering it.

Maybe it's only my experience, but people in this thread crap on B&N a lot, but for me these are great prices, pretty reasonable shipping, and every order I've made has come within two weeks.

B&N only charges GST, and not HST. I'm only paying 5% sales tax on stuff when I technically should be paying 15%. Also, I'm not crapping on them for this, their shipping is slow, yes, but I still got my items and they were good about refunding when I never got one within the time frame I normally expect from them.

I am a bit pissy at them about the Nook Color charging cable though. "sorry, we can't ship you a free replacement even though you are covered under warranty because it's not even 4 months old. You live in Canada, please go to eBay. Actually, you can order one from us for 25 bucks, despite us saying we don't ship Nook stuff to Canada."

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecroshow View Post
My order arrived yesterday. Had to pay $16 on top of my order (duty fees?) thrilled with my order, i'll definitely order from Barnes and Noble again
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTFUN View Post
My guess is you got dinged with Canada Post's $5 brokerage fee plus the balance of the HST not collect (you only paid GST via the B&N checkout process). The math seems to work out to about $16 and change.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:44 PM   #49

Feb 2008

ordered cronos and videodrome. $20 each minus 10%. got free shipping to my friends in boston as i'm going to visit them at the end of the month. no complaints here.
Old 11-01-2011, 08:49 PM   #50
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2009
Toronto, Ontario

didn't Future Shop also have a Criterion sale last year around the same time as the B&N sale ($26.99 for all titles)?
Old 11-01-2011, 09:54 PM   #51
Special Member

Oct 2008
Le Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmycon View Post
didn't Future Shop also have a Criterion sale last year around the same time as the B&N sale ($26.99 for all titles)?
yeah but only a few.. like about twelve titles max I think...
Old 11-01-2011, 11:05 PM   #52
Special Member

Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blodiak View Post
yeah but only a few.. like about twelve titles max I think...
Yeah, and if I recall it was for the much older titles like:

Revanche, Black Narcissus, Paris Texas, Red Shoes, Days of Heaven.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:59 PM   #53
Special Member

Feb 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by agoofykindasuperman View Post
$45.75 US for two Criterion blu-rays shipped to my door. Can't say that's a bad deal at all!

Each one here costs $39.99 + tax so it was pretty much a BOGO sale for me

Purchased at $17.99 each using the 10% off code (found in the main thread in the American forums) and $7.98 to ship the two. Then they charged less than $2 in tax, which I probably shouldn't have paid, but w/e. Still a good deal for me.
Which Criterion Collection BD titles did you order?

I am getting my American buddy on this forum to pick me up Carlos along with Dazed and Confused.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:05 AM   #54
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2011
Nouvelle-Écosse, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelwithoutacause View Post
Which Criterion Collection BD titles did you order?

I am getting my American buddy on this forum to pick me up Carlos along with Dazed and Confused.
Not the poster you were referring to, but I got the following for 154.14, after applying the 10% off coupon. This includes shipping and such, and I'm also getting 8% cash back from eBates:

Order 1 - 87.51:
Dazed and Confused
Kuroneko
The Wages of Fear
The Four Feathers

Order 2 - 66.63:
Amarcord
Island of Lost Souls
The Magician
Old 11-02-2011, 01:58 AM   #55

Jul 2010
Vancouver, BC

I spent $122.00 even and got 6 titles, shipped them to a holding facility across the border!
i got
Carlos
Revanche
Harakiri
The Killing
Kuroneko
Hunger

i felt like ooh.that's a lot of money but realized its actually less than i spent back in July :P
Old 11-02-2011, 02:25 AM   #56
Special Member

Feb 2010
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Not the poster you were referring to, but I got the following for 154.14, after applying the 10% off coupon. This includes shipping and such, and I'm also getting 8% cash back from eBates:

Order 1 - 87.51:
Dazed and Confused
Kuroneko
The Wages of Fear
The Four Feathers

Order 2 - 66.63:
Amarcord
Island of Lost Souls
The Magician
Is it cheaper on S&H if you place two separate orders?

Oh, great picks that you ordered.
Old 11-02-2011, 07:32 AM   #57

Jan 2009

Had a bunch ready in my cart just waiting for today.

First batch included Cul-De-Sac, Killing, High and Low. Second batch included If..., Kiss Me Deadly, Pierrot Le Fou.

Three Colors Trilogy is pre-ordered. Still can't decide whether or not I want The Four Feathers and Fanny & Alexander. Really wish Rushmore came out a week earlier.
Old 11-02-2011, 08:38 AM   #58
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2011
Nouvelle-Écosse, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebelwithoutacause View Post
Is it cheaper on S&H if you place two separate orders?

Oh, great picks that you ordered.
Not really, you're just less likely to get hit up by customs this way, as both orders are under 100 bucks. thecroshow said he had to pay the difference on an order that was over 100.

I've always got into the habbit of splitting up US orders so they're under 100. Be prepared to wait a little for these as well, on average it takes about 3.5 weeks for me to get a B&N order. I think there are too many spiders in the mail system: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...tops-mail.html

And thanks for the comment about my choices. I'm now at 54 Criterion titles, counting a couple pre-orders.
Old 11-02-2011, 10:45 AM   #59

Nov 2010
Ottawa

Quote:
Not really, you're just less likely to get hit up by customs this way, as both orders are under 100 bucks. thecroshow said he had to pay the difference on an order that was over 100.

I've always got into the habbit of splitting up US orders so they're under 100. Be prepared to wait a little for these as well, on average it takes about 3.5 weeks for me to get a B&N order. I think there are too many spiders in the mail system: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...tops-mail.html

And thanks for the comment about my choices. I'm now at 54 Criterion titles, counting a couple pre-orders.
AGAIN, I'll say that you won't get hit by Customs on orders from B&N because they've already brokered it at the border for you. You'll actually save money making it one order, but only a few bucks, if you're really that worried. My largest order from there ever was over $300. Trust me.
Old 11-02-2011, 11:04 AM   #60
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2011
Nouvelle-Écosse, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by will oneill View Post
AGAIN, I'll say that you won't get hit by Customs on orders from B&N because they've already brokered it at the border for you. You'll actually save money making it one order, but only a few bucks, if you're really that worried. My largest order from there ever was over $300. Trust me.
AGAIN, you've been lucky. thecroshow WAS dinged by Canada Post/Customs, so to say it won't happen is simply not true:

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecroshow View Post
My order arrived yesterday. Had to pay $16 on top of my order (duty fees?) thrilled with my order, i'll definitely order from Barnes and Noble again
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTFUN View Post
My guess is you got dinged with Canada Post's $5 brokerage fee plus the balance of the HST not collect (you only paid GST via the B&N checkout process). The math seems to work out to about $16 and change.
Not all provinces have the same sales taxes. My province has a 15% sales tax, B&N is only charging me 5%, which is 10% less. Therefore, I try to keep it under 100 in case what happened to thecroshow happens to me.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals