Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Captain America: Civil War 4K (Blu-ray)
C$20.00
 
Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Blu-ray)
C$54.99
 
First Man 4K (Blu-ray)
C$18.99
5 hrs ago
Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
C$19.99
5 hrs ago
The Sisters Brothers (Blu-ray)
C$12.99
5 hrs ago
Friday the 13th: 8-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
C$21.99
 
The House with a Clock in Its Walls (Blu-ray)
C$12.99
20 hrs ago
Captain Marvel (Blu-ray)
C$26.99
 
Dark Phoenix (Blu-ray)
C$34.39
 
Spider-Man Trilogy / Origins Collection (Blu-ray)
C$14.99
6 hrs ago
Dark Phoenix 4K (Blu-ray)
C$43.71
 
Venom (Blu-ray)
C$15.00
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2017, 10:23 AM   #1
aaron158 aaron158 is offline
Contributor
 
aaron158's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
1382
166
12
-5
Default Shout March Madness Sale

shout is having a sale on there site.

if u order $50 u get free shipping if u order $80 u get 15% off plus free shipping $150 and u get 20% and free shipping.

i moved 7 pre orders from amazon.ca over to the sale. with the 20% discount and free shipping it bought the average price down to about $25-26 cad ea vs the $32 plus tax that amazon.ca was charging. also get the add bonus of posters with some movies and shout ships pre orders upto 2 weeks ahead of the retail release date.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Drexcil (03-16-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 11:26 AM   #2
exolstice exolstice is offline
Senior Member
 
exolstice's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
2
657
27
4
0
Default

What about duty?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 04:04 PM   #3
Matt2434 Matt2434 is offline
Member
 
Jan 2012
180
0
Default

Eh, decent deal with the free shipping, but there's not enough new stuff I want. Plus, I've managed to grab 8 or 9 Shout titles from the HMV sale and haven't paid more than $18 for any of them. Granted, it's not like you get the pick of the litter, but I'm happy with what I've bee able to grab.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 05:39 PM   #4
aaron158 aaron158 is offline
Contributor
 
aaron158's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
1382
166
12
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by exolstice View Post
What about duty?
they shipped via usps first class. its rare ever get dinged on packages shipped though the post office maybe like 5 packages in 10 years.

Last edited by aaron158; 03-16-2017 at 06:25 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
exolstice (03-16-2017), Rui (03-16-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 07:03 PM   #5
Rui Rui is offline
Expert Member
 
Jan 2011
-
-
-
-5
Default

will they ship "US Only" titles to Canada?
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 07:42 PM   #6
will oneill will oneill is offline
Senior Member
 
Nov 2010
Ottawa
36
3105
500
7
62
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rui View Post
will they ship "US Only" titles to Canada?
No. That's why certain other titles say "US and Canada only".
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2017, 08:15 PM   #7
zeze zeze is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
zeze's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
143
5341
28
231
-7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rui View Post
will they ship "US Only" titles to Canada?
In the past, I have gotten a few US only titles to ship to Canada.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Rui (03-16-2017)
Old 03-16-2017, 11:22 PM   #8
CM Matty CM Matty is offline
Senior Member
 
CM Matty's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
151
4129
49
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeze View Post
In the past, I have gotten a few US only titles to ship to Canada.
I've never had a problem.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Rui (03-16-2017)
Old 03-17-2017, 12:00 AM   #9
will oneill will oneill is offline
Senior Member
 
Nov 2010
Ottawa
36
3105
500
7
62
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM Matty View Post
I've never had a problem.
Can either of you explain how? I'm trying to get Southern Comfort and it's a nogo.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 12:24 AM   #10
aaron158 aaron158 is offline
Contributor
 
aaron158's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
1382
166
12
-5
Default

pretty sure u cant i tired with scanners it let me get to nearly the end of the check out then gave an error saying some items in ur cart cant be shipped to your location and then it auto deleted the us only titles from the cart.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 12:25 AM   #11
ArrestedDevelopment ArrestedDevelopment is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
ArrestedDevelopment's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
The O.C.
4
915
33
-6
Default

The conversion nearly negates the savings. Not worth it IMO.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 12:50 AM   #12
aaron158 aaron158 is offline
Contributor
 
aaron158's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
1382
166
12
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrestedDevelopment View Post
The conversion nearly negates the savings. Not worth it IMO.
i saved $7-8 per movie even with the exchange rate how is that not wroth it. thats a $50 savings for 7 movies def worth it to me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 02:09 AM   #13
Steel Panther Steel Panther is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Steel Panther's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
Ontario, Canada
33
908
18
15
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron158 View Post
i saved $7-8 per movie even with the exchange rate how is that not wroth it. thats a $50 savings for 7 movies def worth it to me.
but under $150 may not make it worth it. I should look into this myself.. not sure what I'd actually want though
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 04:39 AM   #14
zeze zeze is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
zeze's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
143
5341
28
231
-7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by will oneill View Post
Can either of you explain how? I'm trying to get Southern Comfort and it's a nogo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron158 View Post
pretty sure u cant i tired with scanners it let me get to nearly the end of the check out then gave an error saying some items in ur cart cant be shipped to your location and then it auto deleted the us only titles from the cart.
They updated their checkout process a couple months back so they may have fixed it so you can't get US titles anymore.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2017, 10:19 PM   #15
Puckjunkie Puckjunkie is offline
Active Member
 
Puckjunkie's Avatar
 
Apr 2010
Hockey Country
1
-5
Default

I put in for pre-orders of several titles coming out in June, and my order did indeed exceed the $150 U.S. threshold to qualify for the 20% savings. Even factoring in a 30% exchange rate, I ended up with five Blu Rays (Cheech & Chong's Next Movie, Car Wash, Trespass, The Evictors, Island of Terror and The Four Skulls of Jonathan Drake) for about $24 CDN each all in, and the Paul Naschy five-film collection for about $66 CDN. If I had ordered all of these through the current Amazon.ca pre-order prices, it would have cost an additional $13 CDN or so (iincluding the GST on each) for each single Blu, and an extra $34 CDN or so for the Naschy box set. As I see it, definitely worth it if buying more than $150 U.S. as part of the current Shout sale but probably not for anything less than the 20% off deal. Hopefully I don't get dinged with any duty charges but that hasn't happened to me yet. Plus, they'll be shipped two weeks prior to their official Amazon release dates...

Last edited by Puckjunkie; 03-18-2017 at 02:04 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
baheidstu (03-18-2017)
Old 03-18-2017, 02:07 AM   #16
aaron158 aaron158 is offline
Contributor
 
aaron158's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
1382
166
12
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckjunkie View Post
I put in for pre-orders of several titles coming out in June, and my order did indeed exceed the $150 U.S. threshold to qualify for the 20% savings. Even factoring in a 30% exchange rate, I ended up with five Blu Rays (Cheech & Chong's Next Movie, Car Wash, Trespass, The Evictors, Island of Terror and The Four Skulls of Jonathan Drake) for about $24 CDN each all in, and the Paul Naschy five-film collection for about $66 CDN. If I had ordered all of these through the current Amazon.ca pre-order prices, it would have cost an additional $13 CDN or so (iincluding the GST on each) for each single Blu, and an extra $34 CDN or so for the Naschy box set. As I see it, definitely worth it if buying more than $150 U.S. as part of the current Shout sale but probably not for anything less than the 20% off deal. Hopefully I don't get dinged with any duty charges but that hasn't happened to me yet. Plus, they'll be shipped two weeks prior to their official Amazon release dates...
i doubt there will be any duties its super rare customs charges anything on packages under 100.

my order 3 items shipped out within 24 hours by usps first class already left chicago air port on the way to canada should probly get em next week. rest are pre orders.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Puckjunkie (03-18-2017)
Old 03-18-2017, 03:09 AM   #17
Merrik Merrik is offline
Active Member
 
Merrik's Avatar
 
Mar 2016
-7
Default

The only time I've ever paid duty on a shipment from Shout (and I've made quite a few at this point I believe) was when I put through a large order that included the bonus posters for some of the films I had gotten (Rabid, Poltergeist II & III). Because of the size of the order and the posters, they packed it in quite a large box and I believe that's why I got hit with the duty fee on that one. Other than that though, I've never been hit with duty from Shout. And I believe the largest order I ever put through was about $400 at one point. It's hit or miss obviously, but hopefully no one that orders $150 worth (if there's no bonus like the posters) will get hit with duty fees.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Puckjunkie (03-18-2017)
Old 03-18-2017, 05:01 PM   #18
Puckjunkie Puckjunkie is offline
Active Member
 
Puckjunkie's Avatar
 
Apr 2010
Hockey Country
1
-5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merrik View Post
The only time I've ever paid duty on a shipment from Shout (and I've made quite a few at this point I believe) was when I put through a large order that included the bonus posters for some of the films I had gotten (Rabid, Poltergeist II & III). Because of the size of the order and the posters, they packed it in quite a large box and I believe that's why I got hit with the duty fee on that one. Other than that though, I've never been hit with duty from Shout. And I believe the largest order I ever put through was about $400 at one point. It's hit or miss obviously, but hopefully no one that orders $150 worth (if there's no bonus like the posters) will get hit with duty fees.
Good to know - thanks. I cancelled several other pre-orders I had with Amazon.ca and placed another order with Shout for Poltergeist II and III, Death Valley, Game of Death, Return of the Dragon, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Streets of Fire, Ben, and Willard. Several of these, and those in my earlier order, are being released at various times, so I shouldn't be receiving more than three or four blus max per shipment (reducing the risk of getting hit with any duty fees....)
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Merrik (03-18-2017)
Old 03-18-2017, 05:51 PM   #19
ArrestedDevelopment ArrestedDevelopment is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
ArrestedDevelopment's Avatar
 
Jul 2009
The O.C.
4
915
33
-6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron158 View Post
i saved $7-8 per movie even with the exchange rate how is that not wroth it. thats a $50 savings for 7 movies def worth it to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steel Panther View Post
but under $150 may not make it worth it. I should look into this myself.. not sure what I'd actually want though
Totally overlooked the $150 threshold. Might place an order now lol.
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2017, 06:27 PM   #20
exolstice exolstice is offline
Senior Member
 
exolstice's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
2
657
27
4
0
Default

How long does the sale last?
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:45 PM.