Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Captain America: Civil War 4K (Blu-ray)
C$20.00

Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Blu-ray)
C$54.99

First Man 4K (Blu-ray)
C$18.99
5 hrs ago
Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
C$19.99
5 hrs ago
The Sisters Brothers (Blu-ray)
C$12.99
4 hrs ago
Friday the 13th: 8-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
C$21.99

The House with a Clock in Its Walls (Blu-ray)
C$12.99
20 hrs ago
Captain Marvel (Blu-ray)
C$26.99

Dark Phoenix (Blu-ray)
C$34.39

Spider-Man Trilogy / Origins Collection (Blu-ray)
C$14.99
6 hrs ago
Dark Phoenix 4K (Blu-ray)
C$43.71

Venom (Blu-ray)
C$15.00

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals

Old 05-07-2017, 09:28 PM   #1
Expert Member

Jan 2011
-
-
-
Default wowhd.ca

I never heard of this site until yesterday, but i was reading the 'Olive' thread :

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=195802

and people were talking about a current Olive buy one get one free promotion at DeepDiscount. I had previously bought stuff from DD before and was considering placing an order but was disappointed with the shipping cost.

However a poster mentioned that for international buyers wowhd could be a better option. Apparently they are owned by DD but offer free shipping.

They don't have a 'buy 1 get 1 free' promotion on Olive titles, but they are significantly reduced. The DD promo lasts until may 15, so i'm guessing the wowhd promo will end around that time.

So right now if anyone is looking for Olive titles this may be the best place to grab some :

wowhd.ca

their pricing on other labels seems pretty standard. I just placed a couple of orders so i can't comment on how fast they ship or if there's any potential problems dealing with them so order with that in mind, but there are a few Olive titles I had my eyes on so I thought i'd take a chance and share the deal for anyone in a similar situation.

I'll update when i receive my first order. (hopefully soon )

Last edited by Rui; 05-16-2017 at 09:48 PM.
Thanks given by:
agoofykindasuperman (05-08-2017), El Baz (05-09-2017), exolstice (05-07-2017), HDmark (05-10-2017), Merrik (05-11-2017)
Old 05-07-2017, 11:37 PM   #2

Jun 2009

Been buying from them for years (they were CD-Wow before that, with loads of promo codes). I believe ImportCDs bought the them and is now running the site. Seems to ship from the same place as their eBay account. I don't see the promo codes anymore but if I see a great price, I immediately buy it. Free shipping on everything. It takes about 10-14 days to get the items but it's the U.S. editions for -sometimes- less than Amazon. Good place to check out.
Old 05-08-2017, 08:24 PM   #3
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rui View Post
I never heard of this site until yesterday, but i was reading the 'Olive' thread :

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=195802

and people were talking about a current Olive buy one get one free promotion at DeepDiscount. I had previously bought stuff from DD before and was considering placing an order but was disappointed with the shipping cost.

However a poster mentioned that for international buyers wowhd could be a better option. Apparently they are owned by DD but offer free shipping.

They don't have a 'buy 1 get 1 free' promotion on Olive titles, but they are significantly reduced. The DD promo lasts until may 17, so i'm guessing the wowhd promo will end around that time.

So right now if anyone is looking for Olive titles this may be the best place to grab some :

wowhd.ca

their pricing on other labels seems pretty standard. I just placed a couple of orders so i can't comment on how fast they ship or if there's any potential problems dealing with them so order with that in mind, but there are a few Olive titles I had my eyes on so I thought i'd take a chance and share the deal for anyone in a similar situation.

I'll update when i receive my first order. (hopefully soon )
I bought a bunch of Olive titles in the sale last week. Got the shipping notices the same day, though the DHL tracking numbers don't seem to work. The fact they offer free shipping is a smart move. In this day and age, people HATE paying for shipping and are far more likely to buy from a site that offers free shipping even if they're paying a tad more money for the actual product.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:21 AM   #4
Power Member

Feb 2011
Ottawa, Ontario

Cool to know there is an alternative out there.
Especially US only releases like Warner Archive collection.

Does this place get promos like Deep Discount?
I noticed they have a coupon section.

Just submitted a 2-movie order. Wait and see...
Thanks given by:
Merrik (05-11-2017)
Old 05-10-2017, 05:50 PM   #5
Expert Member

Apr 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Baz View Post

Does this place get promos like Deep Discount?
I noticed they have a coupon section.

Just submitted a 2-movie order. Wait and see...
That question is answered in two previous posts in this thread.
Old 05-11-2017, 11:31 AM   #6
Power Member

Feb 2011
Ottawa, Ontario

Quote:
Originally Posted by zw94 View Post
That question is answered in two previous posts in this thread.
Olive promo yes.

Still doesn't answer my question as a whole.
Deep Discount has promos every month.
15% off discounts, buy 3 get 20% off discounts, coupon stacking, etc...

Does the previous post answer that question Captain Obvious?
Old 05-11-2017, 04:35 PM   #7
Expert Member

Jan 2011
-
-
-

since the Olive promotion doesn't use a BOGO coupon code on wowhd.ca it will be interesting to see how other DD promotions work on the site in the future. Since i just recently discovered them I have no idea, but maybe others who have ordered from them in the past might have a better idea.
Old 05-11-2017, 09:36 PM   #8

Mar 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Baz View Post
I never even thought of the Warner Archive Collection titles!

Not too interested in much of the Olive titles at the moment, think I have almost everything I want from them, but I've been holding off on a huge chunk of Warner Archive titles.

As amazon.ca hasn't had any of the newer releases for quite some time now, options were limited (amazon.com, deepdiscount).

Sure those sites have great prices on the titles... if you're from the U.S.

wowhd.ca doesn't have FANTASTIC prices on them ($25-ish or so), but I went through the entire process going right up to actually ordering the titles at both those other sites, and after exchange rate and shipping and handling charges are factored in, you're looking at low $30 for any single title. If I can save $6-$10 on every Warner Archive film I want to buy, I'll take it! The free shipping really is pretty awesome.
Thanks given by:
alull (05-11-2017), El Baz (05-12-2017)
Old 05-11-2017, 09:44 PM   #9

Mar 2016

I also checked out a couple of Shout releases from the site as well.

Again, not the most ideal pricing on them, but still works out to be better than other sites after exchange rate and shipping is factored in.

Amazon.ca pricing on Serial Mom $40.69
Amazon.com pricing on Serial Mom $20.91 (after shipping and exchange rate it would equal about $40).
Deepdiscount pricing on Serial Mom $19.99 (after shipping and exchange rate it would equal about $35).
Shout Factory pricing on Serial Mom $27.93 (after shipping and exchange rate it would equal about $56).
wowhd.ca pricing on Serial Mom $29.39

No brainer.

Also checked out The Human Centipede Boxset (one of the only older Scream releases I don't own) $54.43 which is, as far as I can tell, the best price out there it seems.

Definitely going to have to place an order here.
Thanks given by:
alull (05-11-2017), El Baz (05-12-2017)
Old 05-14-2017, 12:30 AM   #10
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2012

My first time order from WowHD arrived on Friday, nine days after I ordered. Five Olive titles, all securely packed in a cardboard box. The shipping number they provided was bogus (it was a 7 digit number supposedly from DHL which uses 10 digit numbers), as the package was actually sent via USPS and actually had a USPS tracking number which they didn't provide. Other than that, I'm very pleased with my purchase.
Thanks given by:
bon_kewl53 (01-07-2018), Merrik (05-17-2017), Rui (05-14-2017)
Old 05-14-2017, 04:12 AM   #11
Expert Member

Jan 2011
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by baheidstu View Post
My first time order from WowHD arrived on Friday, nine days after I ordered. Five Olive titles, all securely packed in a cardboard box. The shipping number they provided was bogus (it was a 7 digit number supposedly from DHL which uses 10 digit numbers), as the package was actually sent via USPS and actually had a USPS tracking number which they didn't provide. Other than that, I'm very pleased with my purchase.
good to hear. can you confirm you weren't dinged with any customs / taxes on your order?

i ended up splitting up my order into 3 different shipments to keep the declared value low on each.

Last edited by Rui; 05-14-2017 at 05:05 PM.
Old 05-14-2017, 06:36 AM   #12
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2012

Quote:
good to hear. an you confirm you weren't dinged with any customs / taxes on your order?

i ended up splitting up my order into 3 different shipments to keep the declared value low on each.
Yeah, no duties on the shipment.
Thanks given by:
alull (05-14-2017), Rui (05-14-2017)
Old 05-15-2017, 07:47 PM   #13
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Toronto, Canada

Placed an order with them for a couple June 6th pre orders... here's hoping they ship right away and not delayed like Amazon's pre orders for Imports...
Old 05-15-2017, 11:50 PM   #14

Jun 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by agoofykindasuperman View Post
Placed an order with them for a couple June 6th pre orders... here's hoping they ship right away and not delayed like Amazon's pre orders for Imports...
They're usually good for that. They're located in the U.S.. That helps a lot.
Thanks given by:
agoofykindasuperman (05-16-2017)
Old 05-16-2017, 09:44 PM   #15
Expert Member

Jan 2011
-
-
-

received my first order today. a single item in a corrugated cardboard mailer. it's the High Noon Olive signature edition and it arrived in mint condition. no customs fees.

very satisfied.
Thanks given by:
agoofykindasuperman (05-17-2017), alull (05-17-2017), Merrik (05-17-2017)
Old 05-17-2017, 12:56 AM   #16

Mar 2016

Good to hear about the ordering experiences, thanks guys.

Looking to put in an order in the next little bit here for a couple of Shout! and Warner Archive titles and it's always a little worrying when ordering online from a place I haven't tried before.
Thanks given by:
Rui (05-18-2017)
Old 05-19-2017, 02:16 AM   #17
Expert Member

Jan 2011
-
-
-

received my 2nd order today. Again a single item (Erik the Viking ) in a corrugated cardboard mailer, arrived in great condition.

A little disappointed it didn't have a slipcover, but it's a 2 year old release and i'm not sure if it ever came with one.
Old 05-19-2017, 02:50 AM   #18
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2009

Quote:
received my 2nd order today. Again a single item (Erik the Viking ) in a corrugated cardboard mailer, arrived in great condition.

A little disappointed it didn't have a slipcover, but it's a 2 year old release and i'm not sure if it ever came with one.
I'm pretty sure it never came with a slip.
Old 05-19-2017, 02:51 AM   #19
Contributor

Aug 2011

Quote:

it never had one
Old 05-19-2017, 03:15 AM   #20
Expert Member

Jan 2011
-
-
-

too bad. i love the cover art, it would look great
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals