Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Resident Evil: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
C$25.00

Glass 4K (Blu-ray)
C$19.99

Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Blu-ray)
C$19.96

Captain America: Civil War 4K (Blu-ray)
C$20.00

First Man 4K (Blu-ray)
C$18.99

Toy Story (Blu-ray)
C$16.89

Shazam! 3D (Blu-ray)
C$29.99

Toy Story 2 (Blu-ray)
C$16.89

Toy Story 3 (Blu-ray)
C$16.89

Captain Marvel (Blu-ray)
C$24.89

The Sisters Brothers (Blu-ray)
C$12.99

Batman vs. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles 4K (Blu-ray)
C$29.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals

Old 10-09-2018, 08:45 PM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Port Moody, BC
Canada Selling in Bulk?

Hello! It's been over 3 years since I last posted, can't believe it's been that long! I never thought I'd say this, but I'm at the point that I'd like to downsize my collection. I really enjoyed building my collection, but as the rental stores closed, and B&M stores inventory shrank I just ran out of places to shop. Now I'm going digital, and I find I rarely use my physical media anymore, and know it's time to downsize.

Anyone go through this something similar? I'm looking to keep around 500 titles. I've listed some on craigslist, but doesn't seem to get many replies and when they do they just want to buy 1 or 2. I'm going to make a sell thread on the forum, but shipping to the US is expensive and cumbersome. I'm in the lower mainland, does anyone know of any place that buys in bulk that doesn't offer pennies on the dollar? I know I'm not going to get anywhere close to what I paid for them, but I'm not going to sell a blu-ray for $0.10.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!
Old 10-09-2018, 09:01 PM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Toronto, Canada

I know the pawn shops near me only offer $0.50 per movie, don't matter what title it is.

Deja Vu Discs gives you different dollar amounts based on availability of each title and how well they sell... you'd have to bring in a bunch at a time to get them to price them out.

There's also the selling apps Kijiji, LetGo, and Varage Sale that I use to sell my stuff. Different success on all of them... Kijiji more so for movies.

Good luck!
Thanks given by:
DoubleDownAgain (10-09-2018)
Old 10-09-2018, 09:18 PM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Port Moody, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by agoofykindasuperman View Post
I know the pawn shops near me only offer $0.50 per movie, don't matter what title it is.

Deja Vu Discs gives you different dollar amounts based on availability of each title and how well they sell... you'd have to bring in a bunch at a time to get them to price them out.

There's also the selling apps Kijiji, LetGo, and Varage Sale that I use to sell my stuff. Different success on all of them... Kijiji more so for movies.

Good luck!
Wish there was a Deja Vu Discs in Vancouver... I don't think there is anything like it here. I'll try Kijiji, LetGo and Varage Sale.

Thanks!
Old 10-09-2018, 09:43 PM   #4
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDownAgain View Post
Hello! It's been over 3 years since I last posted, can't believe it's been that long! I never thought I'd say this, but I'm at the point that I'd like to downsize my collection. I really enjoyed building my collection, but as the rental stores closed, and B&M stores inventory shrank I just ran out of places to shop. Now I'm going digital, and I find I rarely use my physical media anymore, and know it's time to downsize.

Anyone go through this something similar? I'm looking to keep around 500 titles. I've listed some on craigslist, but doesn't seem to get many replies and when they do they just want to buy 1 or 2. I'm going to make a sell thread on the forum, but shipping to the US is expensive and cumbersome. I'm in the lower mainland, does anyone know of any place that buys in bulk that doesn't offer pennies on the dollar? I know I'm not going to get anywhere close to what I paid for them, but I'm not going to sell a blu-ray for $0.10.

Thanks in advance for any feedback!
Shipping to the US is not actually that cumbersome. If you ship a blu-ray in a padded envelope it can go as lettermail for $2.40 (two x $1.20 stamps). It's not how you're supposed to send them, but I rarely get them sent back asking for more postage and if I do, I just pop it back in the mailbox.

Btw, I sell on E-Bay and always manage to get a few dollars minimum for even the most common, everyone-and-their-brother already has a copy type blu-rays.

You could also see if any Canadian members of this forum would be interested in buying some from you.
Thanks given by:
chaingunsofdoom (10-10-2018), D00mM4r1n3 (10-10-2018), DoubleDownAgain (10-09-2018), Jakdonark (10-09-2018)
Old 10-09-2018, 09:46 PM   #5
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Port Moody, BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCRochester View Post
Shipping to the US is not actually that cumbersome. If you ship a blu-ray in a padded envelope it can go as lettermail for $2.40 (two x $1.20 stamps). It's not how you're supposed to send them, but I rarely get them sent back asking for more postage and if I do, I just pop it back in the mailbox.

Btw, I sell on E-Bay and always manage to get a few dollars minimum for even the most common, everyone-and-their-brother already has a copy type blu-rays.

You could also see if any Canadian members of this forum would be interested in buying some from you.
Well, I meant cumbersome as I would like to sell a bunch at a time. And yes, am hoping members in the lower mainland would be interested, I'll make note of it in when I get to creating my thread in the Trading forum.

Thanks!
Old 10-10-2018, 01:32 AM   #6
Special Member

Feb 2011
Toronto, Canada

Your best bet would be to try to sell at places that still sell physical media, similar to TheBeatGoesOn in Ontario.
The younger generation has gone all digital, so selling to individuals might be tough. I know that I have had a bunch of titles for 5 bucks on Kijiji for the past year and nobody bites.
Ebay might be your best bet but yeah, you'll sell one at the time.
Best of luck.
Old 10-10-2018, 04:36 AM   #7

Apr 2016

Maybe do one big post on eBay? Everything must go selling everything and see how much it goes for?
Best of luck, I'm certainly interested, and I'm only in Alberta.
Thanks given by:
DoubleDownAgain (10-10-2018)
Old 10-10-2018, 02:41 PM   #8
Special Member

Aug 2014
Montreal

From my experience people on Craigslist and Kijiji don't want to pay, they want garage sale-type prices. Personally I would list the ones I can get $15+ for, individually on eBay. Then I would do a lot of all the Horror/Cult/Exploitation etc.. titles that may not be worth selling individually but are still interesting/sought after and try to get like $3-4 each in bulk through eBay or classified ads. Then for what's left I would try to get like $1 each in bulk through classified ads or a local store.

Anyway, good luck, it's not easy to sell physical media in 2018 (other than vinyl).
Thanks given by:
Old 10-10-2018, 03:33 PM   #9
Special Member

Feb 2011
Toronto, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmtl92 View Post
Anyway, good luck, it's not easy to sell physical media in 2018 (other than vinyl).
Then maybe another option would be to hold on to his collection for another 40 years and try to sell them in 2058, who knows! LOL!
Thanks given by:
gregmtl92 (10-10-2018)
Old 10-10-2018, 04:56 PM   #10
Expert Member

Apr 2014

There are tons of catalogue titles I've been looking for and they don't seem to be dropping on Amazon. If you were selling a handful of these titles I'd be willing to pay for them to be shipped out to Ontario. If you're interested, of course.

The titles:

Boogie Nights
Creed
Dog Soldiers (Scream Factory)
Full Metal Jacket
Groundhog Day
Heat (2017 Fox Release)
Hero (2004 Chinese film)
A Knight's Tale
The Mask
Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping
Predator
The Right Stuff
Rocky Collection
Snatch
Strangers on a Train
Thanks given by:
Old 10-10-2018, 05:19 PM   #11

Nov 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregmtl92 View Post
From my experience people on Craigslist and Kijiji don't want to pay, they want garage sale-type prices. Personally I would list the ones I can get $15+ for, individually on eBay. Then I would do a lot of all the Horror/Cult/Exploitation etc.. titles that may not be worth selling individually but are still interesting/sought after and try to get like $3-4 each in bulk through eBay or classified ads. Then for what's left I would try to get like $1 each in bulk through classified ads or a local store.

Which is really weird, as vinyl sells in poor numbers comparatively.
Old 10-10-2018, 06:49 PM   #12

Sep 2009
Vancouver

In lower mainland try Royal City Jewellers
$2 per Blu-ray, best I could find.
Thanks given by:
Darth Vicious (10-10-2018), DoubleDownAgain (10-10-2018)
Old 10-10-2018, 06:49 PM   #13
Expert Member

Jun 2011
Toronto area, Canada

Who do you think your customers might be? Not a lot of options for people who would both buy in bulk and pay a reasonable/good price. The two things are at odds with each other, psychologically, never mind the disc/BD demand problem.

Maybe split the discs up into lots of 5 or 10 titles that are somehow related. Perhaps a buyer would put up with the odd duplicate of what they already have, and still pay a half-decent price for a small lot. I'm just thinking of how to maybe move the discs in the market of people that you already know buy discs, such as people like us.
Thanks given by:
Old 10-10-2018, 09:11 PM   #14
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2009
Port Moody, BC

Thanks for all the feedback!
Thanks given by:
mookoo (10-11-2018)
Old 10-11-2018, 03:35 AM   #15
Expert Member

Jun 2011
vancouver

i sell alot of movies on craigslist sets and stuff but you do get alot of people offer nothing for them but they do end up selling for movie after a bit
Old 10-11-2018, 06:28 AM   #16

Jun 2014

Currently Canada Post has free Tuesday shipping for business users for the month of October and the first Tuesday in November (because their system crashed on the first tuesday in October) free to sign up. You could make one massive ebay listing and get it all done with free shipping complete with tracking just gotta pay extra for signature and extra insurance etc.

Also their is still a few places in vancouver that sell to physical media enthusiast. one that is still going strong is videomatica (inside zulu records in kits) might be store credit but they get in new releases and criterion.

Someone also mentioned that the VPL (Vancouver Oublic Library) or any library might give you a tax credit if you donate to them which might be worth more for the face value of what you would get at these pawn/stand alone video stores.

Have you thought about doing amazon 3rd part selling or ebay for you oop titles.

I personally have been selling my Disney titles and splitting the blu-ray and dvd part of combo packs. Listing the dvd in a jewlel case for 3-6 and blu-ray for 7.5-15 depending on demand of the title and prestigous nature of it o. Craigslist.

Hope these help you with off loading your movies that will serve to entertain others.

Last edited by Timbitkid; 10-11-2018 at 06:35 AM.
Old 10-11-2018, 06:43 AM   #17

Jun 2014

Im sure you could make a lowermainland selling post with a list of what you have a basic pricing out or make the first offer type and you would be surprised by some of the blu-ray.com memebers. Like me many love a great deal and are still actively looking to acquire for their collection.

For me I look for new and catalog titles but are less likely to do blindbuys as much.
Old 10-11-2018, 07:06 AM   #18
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
-
-
-

If you're serious about selling, you should send all of them to Amazon. Once they're in the Amazon warehouse, they can be shipped with other Prime items. Amazon takes a bigger cut, yet you'll sell a lot more and sell them a hell of a lot faster than you could any other way.
https://services.amazon.com/fulfillm...-it-works.html
Old 10-11-2018, 03:55 PM   #19
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbitkid View Post
Someone also mentioned that the VPL (Vancouver Oublic Library) or any library might give you a tax credit if you donate to them which might be worth more for the face value of what you would get at these pawn/stand alone video stores.
I see this recommended a lot, but I would definitely contact your library first to see if they actually accept donations. A lot of public libraries have funds assigned to them to buy particular items and they don't have the manpower and resources to sift through and accept piles of unwanted items that people dump on them, and you're not likely to get a "tax credit" on anything other than a cash donation.
Old 10-11-2018, 05:08 PM   #20
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2009
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by zw94 View Post
There are tons of catalogue titles I've been looking for and they don't seem to be dropping on Amazon. If you were selling a handful of these titles I'd be willing to pay for them to be shipped out to Ontario. If you're interested, of course.

The titles:

Boogie Nights
Creed
Dog Soldiers (Scream Factory)
Full Metal Jacket
Groundhog Day
Heat (2017 Fox Release)
Hero (2004 Chinese film)
A Knight's Tale
The Mask
Popstar: Never Stop Never Stopping
Predator
The Right Stuff
Rocky Collection
Snatch
Strangers on a Train
Have you tried looking for these titles (used) for a reasonable price on ebay?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals