Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
X-Men Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96
 
This Is the End (Blu-ray)
$5.00
 
The Matrix 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96
 
The Predator 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Blue Planet II 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96
 
Midnight Cowboy (Blu-ray)
$18.96
 
Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$19.96
 
Bull Durham (Blu-ray)
$18.96
 
The Spy Who Dumped Me (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Predator 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96
 
Sacrifice! (Blu-ray)
$6.90
16 hrs ago
Crimson Peak (Blu-ray)
$36.68
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Pre/Pro, Amplifiers and Separate Systems


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-06-2015, 01:51 PM   #321
prerich prerich is offline
Moderator
 
prerich's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
46
1
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vinyl View Post
Which confirms the accuracy of this quote: "There are more ways than one to skin a cat!"
Agreed!!!
Infinity Comp Prelude P-FR, Infinity Comp Overture 1 - center & front hght and sides, Infinity fps-1000 rear and rear hght, Infinity Outrigger Jr. overheads, 2 AE AV15 Power Cube subwoofers, SVS 16-46 CS (X2) 2 DCM Subs (rear), Denon AVR-X4300H (front hght and Prepro), Yamaha MX-830 (rear hght), B&K 200.7 Reference Amp, Behringer NU4-6000 (subs),miniDSP 2X4, BD HTPC, Tube DAC, NAS 20tb , 16:9 110", Vivitek hk2288 4k proj, TCL Roku 4K TV.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 08:06 PM   #322
Badas Badas is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Badas's Avatar
 
Aug 2008
LOTR Auckland, New Zealand (Down Under)
117
2314
20
11
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy13 View Post

3)Now I've done what most may think is ludicrous. I'm using the Peachtree strictly as a DAC, and running it into the Pioneer SX-750, and the 750 into my Yaqin tube amp. This, IMO (and the few of my friends who came over as well) is the best way to have it all hooked up.

So whether or not it makes sense to you, or doesn't...the fact remains that it sounds incredible.

As far as trying out different tubes....nah, why bother on this one.
So as far as I can work out you are using the Pioneer in the chain and it produces the best result. The Pioneer should just be sending the signal on as it is not doing any DAC conversion. What I find interesting is that you get a better result than going direct into the tube amp.
It must have something to do with the voltage on the signal. If I was guessing I would say the voltage from the Peachtree was lower than what the tube amp likes. The Pioneer receives the signal but is raising the signal voltage up before it sends to the tubes. Very cool.

I've kinda discovered an opposite effect on my system just recently. My Arcam irDAC has a volume control. Once again it works on adjusting the voltage. If I have it on full (How I've had it for the past 9 months) it is really nice. If I lower it a bit it is better than nice. The lower voltage is smoother on treble. Absolutely no treble distortion. So I use less voltage from the DAC and more amp power. Produces the same volume but sweeter sound.
Funny how you have to tweak all these devices. I wish they had one standard to work for all.

Yeah. I agree with you on tube rolling the DAC. That could be a pain.
By the way. I wasn't having a go. I hope you realize. I was genuinely curious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vinyl View Post
Which confirms the accuracy of this quote: "There are more ways than one to skin a cat!"
Absolutely.
Source: 2x Oppo BDP-103D's (Bluray, CD, and SACD), PS3, PS4, Project 1.3 turntable.
Amplification: Marantz SR7009, 2x Marantz MM7055's (10 amps bi-amping 5 channels).
Speakers: (Atmos 5.3.2): 4 x Polk RTiA7's, Polk CSP 1000, 2x Atlantic TLC-8.2, Polk PSW1200, 2x SVS SB Ultra 13's and triple buttkicker system.
Projection: Dreamvision Siglos 3 Tentation Ltd. 4KUHD.
Headgear: iPod in Arcam Dock, Schiit Yggdrasil DAC, Woo WA22(tube amp), Violectric V281(SS amp), Aeon Open, HD6xx, AQ Hawks.

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 01:02 AM   #323
Billy13 Billy13 is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Billy13's Avatar
 
Mar 2013
Somewhere Between Heaven ↑ & Hell ↓ ......
402
115
63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badas View Post
So as far as I can work out you are using the Pioneer in the chain and it produces the best result. The Pioneer should just be sending the signal on as it is not doing any DAC conversion. What I find interesting is that you get a better result than going direct into the tube amp.
It must have something to do with the voltage on the signal. If I was guessing I would say the voltage from the Peachtree was lower than what the tube amp likes. The Pioneer receives the signal but is raising the signal voltage up before it sends to the tubes. Very cool.

I've kinda discovered an opposite effect on my system just recently. My Arcam irDAC has a volume control. Once again it works on adjusting the voltage. If I have it on full (How I've had it for the past 9 months) it is really nice. If I lower it a bit it is better than nice. The lower voltage is smoother on treble. Absolutely no treble distortion. So I use less voltage from the DAC and more amp power. Produces the same volume but sweeter sound.
Funny how you have to tweak all these devices. I wish they had one standard to work for all.

Yeah. I agree with you on tube rolling the DAC. That could be a pain.
By the way. I wasn't having a go. I hope you realize. I was genuinely curious.



Absolutely.
It's all good Dono my friend.
~ HT HYBRID ~
ADCOM~BMS~EOSONE~HARMAN/KARDON~OPPO~P.AUDIO~SAMSUNG~SVS
~ VINTAGE HYBRID ~
AR/McINTOSH~MASSIVE/CROWN~PARASOUND~PEACHTREE~PIONEER~YAQIN

~ BEDROOM HYBRID ~
CROWN~PARASOUND~PIONEER~POLK AUDIO~SAMSUNG~SVS~VMPS
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Badas (10-07-2015)
Old 10-07-2015, 06:10 PM   #324
Solo man Solo man is offline
Active Member
 
Solo man's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
Toronto, Ontario
72
355
285
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy13 View Post
It's all good Dono my friend.
Hey Billy, your setup is looking sweet and glad you are enjoying it. Just wanted to say that you are an audiophile to me and always searching to for that audio bliss. I have the peach tree Nova myself and enjoying it as well.
Love 3D technology and am addicted to it.
My Growing SA-CD collection
http://www.sa-cd.net/library/9866/1
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Billy13 (10-07-2015)
Old 10-07-2015, 11:12 PM   #325
Billy13 Billy13 is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Billy13's Avatar
 
Mar 2013
Somewhere Between Heaven ↑ & Hell ↓ ......
402
115
63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo man View Post
Hey Billy, your setup is looking sweet and glad you are enjoying it. Just wanted to say that you are an audiophile to me and always searching to for that audio bliss. I have the peach tree Nova myself and enjoying it as well.
Thanks Solo Man!
I surely enjoy having yet another format of music to enjoy. And I am humbled by your compliment.
~ HT HYBRID ~
ADCOM~BMS~EOSONE~HARMAN/KARDON~OPPO~P.AUDIO~SAMSUNG~SVS
~ VINTAGE HYBRID ~
AR/McINTOSH~MASSIVE/CROWN~PARASOUND~PEACHTREE~PIONEER~YAQIN

~ BEDROOM HYBRID ~
CROWN~PARASOUND~PIONEER~POLK AUDIO~SAMSUNG~SVS~VMPS
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 07:37 PM   #326
Dwayne Dwayne is offline
Expert Member
 
Dwayne's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy13 View Post
First, let's keep in mind that I do things my way; meaning I don't necessarily go by an "audiophile standard", because I am not one.

We're all searcing for that Audio Nirvana experience, so I believe in a whatever it takes to get there approach.

Here's what I tried...

1) When I first got the Peachtree unit, I hooked it up as the integrated amplifier that it is, running my speakers off of it, and my sources into it. This was nice, but not what I am use to hearing with my tube amp.

2)Next I used the Peachtree as a preamp into my tube amp, which yielded a better sound yet, but still not what I was anticipating. It was still lacking that magic I had hoped for. Not having the depth in bass, and luscious highs I had before.

3)Now I've done what most may think is ludicrous. I'm using the Peachtree strictly as a DAC, and running it into the Pioneer SX-750, and the 750 into my Yaqin tube amp. This, IMO (and the few of my friends who came over as well) is the best way to have it all hooked up.

So whether or not it makes sense to you, or doesn't...the fact remains that it sounds incredible.

As far as trying out different tubes....nah, why bother on this one.
Love the way you think. The options you chose are very interesting. Nice post.
7.2 Denon 4520c.i. AVR, Sony 65" 4K HDR X900E, Monster HTS-1600, AMD Custom Built Computer/Media Player, Polk Audio RTi 12 Speaker's-Main's, Polk Audio CS-2 Center, JBL ES 80 Speaker's Surround, Polk Monitor 60 Surround Back, Acoustech 12" PL 200 Sub, Polk Audio 10" PSW 110 Sub, Sony BDP 570-SACD, Panasonic BDP 360 2.0 Onkyo 809 AVR, Polk Audio Monitor 70s, Audio Technica AT-LP-120
HOLD ON, FIGHT THE GOOD FIGHT, AND NEVER SURRENDER
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Billy13 (10-08-2015)
Old 11-05-2015, 04:45 PM   #327
Johnny Vinyl Johnny Vinyl is offline
Moderator
 
Johnny Vinyl's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave
19
205
7
3
8
Default Have I got a DAC for you - only $89,950


Now, it does come with a 10-year warranty and lifetime free upgrades.
John - I love the smell of vinyl in the morning!
My personal motto: "Live Life! Leave A Legacy!"
I reserve the right to post as a member. When I post as a Moderator I will select a color depending on my mood!
Dynavector - Genesis - Harman/Kardon - Marantz Reference - Mogami - Nitty Gritty -- Oracle Audio - Pioneer - Valab/King
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:22 PM   #328
ImPulSive ImPulSive is offline
Special Member
 
ImPulSive's Avatar
 
Apr 2008
Chicagoland
1081
252
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vinyl View Post
MSB Select Manufacturing - YouTube

Now, it does come with a 10-year warranty and lifetime free upgrades.
At that price DAC takes on a new meaning. I know if I paid that much for a DAC, I'd be a Darwin Award Candidate...
T: Emotiva XMC-1, Emotiva XPA-5 Gen2 x2, Mirage OMD-C2, Def Tech BP8B x2, Pro Monitor 1000 x4, SuperCube 2000 x2, SVS PB-2000 x2, Carada Precision 126 inch 1.78 BW, JVC DLA-RS600U PJ (2D/3D), Oppo UDP-203, AuraSound AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shakers
FR: Marantz AV8801, Emotiva XPA-2 Gen2, XPA-3 Gen2, Mirage OMD-C2 OMD-28 L/R OMD-15 Surrounds (in Rosewood), SVS SB2000 x2 (Piano Black), Kuro Elite 50in, Rega RP1 TT, Jolida JD9 MKII (upgraded), Comcast X1 DVR, Panasonic BD, Mac Mini, PS3, APC H15
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 06:43 PM   #329
Badas Badas is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Badas's Avatar
 
Aug 2008
LOTR Auckland, New Zealand (Down Under)
117
2314
20
11
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vinyl View Post
MSB Select Manufacturing - YouTube

Now, it does come with a 10-year warranty and lifetime free upgrades.
What I'm hoping is that the DAC manufactures that play in the $5K mark will eventually get products as good say in 5 years time.

DAC's are going through a mini revolution at the moment and are making big steps in quality.

If they get excellent at the $5K price point I will bite.

I listened to the Kalliope which is US$27K. Truly spectacular. You get everything. Deep clear bass, high treble with no distortion, warm mid-range and massive soundfield. Very impressive.
Source: 2x Oppo BDP-103D's (Bluray, CD, and SACD), PS3, PS4, Project 1.3 turntable.
Amplification: Marantz SR7009, 2x Marantz MM7055's (10 amps bi-amping 5 channels).
Speakers: (Atmos 5.3.2): 4 x Polk RTiA7's, Polk CSP 1000, 2x Atlantic TLC-8.2, Polk PSW1200, 2x SVS SB Ultra 13's and triple buttkicker system.
Projection: Dreamvision Siglos 3 Tentation Ltd. 4KUHD.
Headgear: iPod in Arcam Dock, Schiit Yggdrasil DAC, Woo WA22(tube amp), Violectric V281(SS amp), Aeon Open, HD6xx, AQ Hawks.

  Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 01:17 PM   #330
Opips3 Opips3 is offline
Banned
 
Mar 2015
329
2
Default

My theory,

PC computer near where is your position sit 3 fts. to computer. You can listen music sound or earphone.

Audio DAC is dynamic sound 144db, it's possble how big to size a room different sound wave in room. Like as church hall, underland pipe, a coliseum and theatre cinema movie.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2015, 03:59 PM   #331
prerich prerich is offline
Moderator
 
prerich's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
46
1
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badas View Post
What I'm hoping is that the DAC manufactures that play in the $5K mark will eventually get products as good say in 5 years time.

DAC's are going through a mini revolution at the moment and are making big steps in quality.

If they get excellent at the $5K price point I will bite.

I listened to the Kalliope which is US$27K. Truly spectacular. You get everything. Deep clear bass, high treble with no distortion, warm mid-range and massive soundfield. Very impressive.
I'm getting a Chinese DAC and modding it!!! I will be putting the new Burson Supreme v5 Opamps in it. The DAC chip is the AK4490. I'm going to run this heads up against a PS Audio DAC III - this will be very fun indeed!!!!! Just think if you can buy an inexpensive Chinese DAC and upgrade the opamps to achieve a better sound. I know it won't sound like a $27k DAC but if it sounds as good as say a $1k to $5k DAC and you spent less than $300 total for the DAC and opamps...that's something to consider!
Infinity Comp Prelude P-FR, Infinity Comp Overture 1 - center & front hght and sides, Infinity fps-1000 rear and rear hght, Infinity Outrigger Jr. overheads, 2 AE AV15 Power Cube subwoofers, SVS 16-46 CS (X2) 2 DCM Subs (rear), Denon AVR-X4300H (front hght and Prepro), Yamaha MX-830 (rear hght), B&K 200.7 Reference Amp, Behringer NU4-6000 (subs),miniDSP 2X4, BD HTPC, Tube DAC, NAS 20tb , 16:9 110", Vivitek hk2288 4k proj, TCL Roku 4K TV.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Badas (12-03-2015)
Old 12-03-2015, 08:18 PM   #332
Badas Badas is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Badas's Avatar
 
Aug 2008
LOTR Auckland, New Zealand (Down Under)
117
2314
20
11
10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prerich View Post
I'm getting a Chinese DAC and modding it!!! I will be putting the new Burson Supreme v5 Opamps in it. The DAC chip is the AK4490. I'm going to run this heads up against a PS Audio DAC III - this will be very fun indeed!!!!! Just think if you can buy an inexpensive Chinese DAC and upgrade the opamps to achieve a better sound. I know it won't sound like a $27k DAC but if it sounds as good as say a $1k to $5k DAC and you spent less than $300 total for the DAC and opamps...that's something to consider!
At the last headphone meet a guy had a Cambridge Audio DAC that had been modified just like you said above. Looked awful as it had things hanging out of it however it did sound fantastic.
Source: 2x Oppo BDP-103D's (Bluray, CD, and SACD), PS3, PS4, Project 1.3 turntable.
Amplification: Marantz SR7009, 2x Marantz MM7055's (10 amps bi-amping 5 channels).
Speakers: (Atmos 5.3.2): 4 x Polk RTiA7's, Polk CSP 1000, 2x Atlantic TLC-8.2, Polk PSW1200, 2x SVS SB Ultra 13's and triple buttkicker system.
Projection: Dreamvision Siglos 3 Tentation Ltd. 4KUHD.
Headgear: iPod in Arcam Dock, Schiit Yggdrasil DAC, Woo WA22(tube amp), Violectric V281(SS amp), Aeon Open, HD6xx, AQ Hawks.

  Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2015, 02:39 PM   #333
prerich prerich is offline
Moderator
 
prerich's Avatar
 
Dec 2007
46
1
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badas View Post
At the last headphone meet a guy had a Cambridge Audio DAC that had been modified just like you said above. Looked awful as it had things hanging out of it however it did sound fantastic.
Mines going to look good!!! Case has room for the upgrades, I hope it sounds fantastic as well!!!! We'll know in just a few weeks!
Infinity Comp Prelude P-FR, Infinity Comp Overture 1 - center & front hght and sides, Infinity fps-1000 rear and rear hght, Infinity Outrigger Jr. overheads, 2 AE AV15 Power Cube subwoofers, SVS 16-46 CS (X2) 2 DCM Subs (rear), Denon AVR-X4300H (front hght and Prepro), Yamaha MX-830 (rear hght), B&K 200.7 Reference Amp, Behringer NU4-6000 (subs),miniDSP 2X4, BD HTPC, Tube DAC, NAS 20tb , 16:9 110", Vivitek hk2288 4k proj, TCL Roku 4K TV.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 01:16 AM   #334
Opips3 Opips3 is offline
Banned
 
Mar 2015
329
2
Default

I saw Cambridge audio a louder speaker bookshelf has 100 watts for $600

Wtf?,
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2015, 02:00 AM   #335
Opips3 Opips3 is offline
Banned
 
Mar 2015
329
2
Default

Klipsch improve new earphones three different. I like it headphones from Sony. It's broke right headphone and not working too much high volume.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Pre/Pro, Amplifiers and Separate Systems

Tags
dac

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:23 PM.