Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Rampage (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Blade Runner 2049 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
2 hrs ago
Paul, Apostle of Christ (Blu-ray)
$14.96
 
Freedom Fighters: The Ray (Blu-ray)
$9.99
7 hrs ago
Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$115.96
 
The Equalizer 2 (Blu-ray)
$26.34
 
Constantine: City of Demons: The Movie (Blu-ray)
$14.99
19 hrs ago
Chappaquiddick (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
The Invisible Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99
 
A Star Is Born (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.00
 
A Star Is Born 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2012, 11:08 PM   #3401
PuppyJonathan PuppyJonathan is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
PuppyJonathan's Avatar
 
Apr 2012
6
67
75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddy2 View Post
Why would they do ANYTHING!?... Clips are very rarely taken from THE source, just A source the clip maker happened to have access to.
Don Hahn has exclusive access to the Disney Archives though, and it (Waking Sleeping Beauty) was his movie
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:06 AM   #3402
disneyfreak disneyfreak is offline
Power Member
 
disneyfreak's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
44
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumny View Post
Then why did they have CAPS-sourced RDU clips on the "Waking Sleeping Beauty" Blu-Ray?

Try again
He said most of the files might be gone. Not all of them, in which case they might have certain parts of the film. Why they would only have parts i have no clue. Maybe when they took down the caps system in 2006 they lost parts of the movies source?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:22 AM   #3403
PuppyJonathan PuppyJonathan is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
PuppyJonathan's Avatar
 
Apr 2012
6
67
75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfreak View Post
He said most of the files might be gone. Not all of them, in which case they might have certain parts of the film. Why they would only have parts i have no clue. Maybe when they took down the caps system in 2006 they lost parts of the movies source?
Like I said above didn't they have this problem with the first Toy Story when it first came out on DVD in 2000?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 12:43 AM   #3404
zoodermin zoodermin is online now
Power Member
 
zoodermin's Avatar
 
Aug 2010
Quito, Ecuador
2
461
63
Default

Maybe Iím more forgiving than others but the only transfer that has truly disappointed me so far is the one from The Fox and the Hound. I have found most Disney transfers (especially the ones from Waltís films) very pleasing (some good and some phenomenal) but overall, picture quality has not been an issue for me. Lack of bonus features has.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:41 AM   #3405
zafisher94 zafisher94 is offline
Special Member
 
zafisher94's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
NJ
966
59
258
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoodermin View Post
Maybe Iím more forgiving than others but the only transfer that has truly disappointed me so far is the one from The Fox and the Hound. I have found most Disney transfers (especially the ones from Waltís films) very pleasing (some good and some phenomenal) but overall, picture quality has not been an issue for me. Lack of bonus features has.
Agreed. I have yet to watch a Disney bd that has disappointed. I was hoping that with each release, we would get at least 1 new bonus feature, but it seems all of the old ones aren't even guaranteed.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:45 AM   #3406
PuppyJonathan PuppyJonathan is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
PuppyJonathan's Avatar
 
Apr 2012
6
67
75
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zafisher94 View Post
Agreed. I have yet to watch a Disney bd that has disappointed. I was hoping that with each release, we would get at least 1 new bonus feature, but it seems all of the old ones aren't even guaranteed.
Just the ones it seems like Disney's trying to get out before they phase-out bluray are getting no new bonuses
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:56 AM   #3407
disneyfreak disneyfreak is offline
Power Member
 
disneyfreak's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
44
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoodermin View Post
Maybe Iím more forgiving than others but the only transfer that has truly disappointed me so far is the one from The Fox and the Hound. I have found most Disney transfers (especially the ones from Waltís films) very pleasing (some good and some phenomenal) but overall, picture quality has not been an issue for me. Lack of bonus features has.
I don't understand the hate for Fox and the Hound's transfer by people, because I honestly don't see anything majorly wrong with it, I can't even find the line people are talking about. Maybe I'm just not picky enough?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:22 AM   #3408
zoodermin zoodermin is online now
Power Member
 
zoodermin's Avatar
 
Aug 2010
Quito, Ecuador
2
461
63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfreak View Post
I don't understand the hate for Fox and the Hound's transfer by people, because I honestly don't see anything majorly wrong with it, I can't even find the line people are talking about. Maybe I'm just not picky enough?
I saw the line, is there and is pretty visible at times. If you watch it again, Iím sure youíll find it. And there are some inconsistencies (crushed blacks, etc.) throughout the film that makes me think Disney shouldíve put a little more effort into this one.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 09:19 AM   #3409
yumny yumny is offline
Power Member
 
yumny's Avatar
 
Apr 2012
Netherlands
42
33
18
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoodermin View Post
I saw the line, is there and is pretty visible at times. If you watch it again, Iím sure youíll find it. And there are some inconsistencies (crushed blacks, etc.) throughout the film that makes me think Disney shouldíve put a little more effort into this one.
Some shots are extremely unfocused and blurry, and colors are inconsistent. And that gosh darn line, yes.
But on the overall, it really is not that much of an issue with me. Like you guys, I was way more annoyed by the surprising lack of bonus features.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:42 AM   #3410
Zak2000 Zak2000 is offline
Active Member
 
Zak2000's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
Austria
157
51
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumny View Post
Some shots are extremely unfocused and blurry, and colors are inconsistent. And that gosh darn line, yes.
But on the overall, it really is not that much of an issue with me. Like you guys, I was way more annoyed by the surprising lack of bonus features.
This.

I watched the movie for the first time of my life and yes, I could easily spot them all.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:00 PM   #3411
Bored Gaymer Bored Gaymer is offline
Active Member
 
Bored Gaymer's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
The Anthill
Default

If I want to replace the cases so the discs won't be stacked anymore but still have the slipcover fit, which if these would be the right ones, if any of them?

http://stores.casetopia.com/-strse-1...ray/Detail.bok

http://stores.casetopia.com/-strse-1...ase/Detail.bok

any help or info would be appreciated...
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:27 PM   #3412
rexxriot rexxriot is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Dec 2011
Massachusetts
1550
33
25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored Gaymer View Post
If I want to replace the cases so the discs won't be stacked anymore but still have the slipcover fit, which if these would be the right ones, if any of them?

http://stores.casetopia.com/-strse-1...ray/Detail.bok

http://stores.casetopia.com/-strse-1...ase/Detail.bok

any help or info would be appreciated...
I've used the Viva Elite 3 disc cases to replace a few of the cases with stacked discs. They fit the slipcover.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 12:44 PM   #3413
Bored Gaymer Bored Gaymer is offline
Active Member
 
Bored Gaymer's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
The Anthill
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexxriot View Post
I've used the Viva Elite 3 disc cases to replace a few of the cases with stacked discs. They fit the slipcover.

Thanks a bunch! Is it the exact size, so the slipcover won't be too tight/loose around the case?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #3414
rexxriot rexxriot is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Dec 2011
Massachusetts
1550
33
25
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored Gaymer View Post
Thanks a bunch! Is it the exact size, so the slipcover won't be too tight/loose around the case?
Yep, same dimensions. Now if only someone would make a 4 disc case the same size.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 03:06 PM   #3415
yumny yumny is offline
Power Member
 
yumny's Avatar
 
Apr 2012
Netherlands
42
33
18
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rexxriot View Post
Yep, same dimensions. Now if only someone would make a 4 disc case the same size.
What about the 2 disc case? Does that one fit too!?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 12:13 AM   #3416
rdodolak rdodolak is offline
Blu-ray Baron
 
Jul 2007
2301
1140
111
1065
74
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yumny View Post
What about the 2 disc case? Does that one fit too!?
The 1, 2, and 3 disc Viva Elite cases are all the same size. Same goes with the 4, 5, and 6 discs Viva Elites.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 02:56 PM   #3417
disneyfreak disneyfreak is offline
Power Member
 
disneyfreak's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
44
20
Default

Wait a second, did they use the cap source for RDU in this again?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 03:25 PM   #3418
yumny yumny is offline
Power Member
 
yumny's Avatar
 
Apr 2012
Netherlands
42
33
18
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfreak View Post
Tangled: Count Up to 50th Animated Motion Picture - YouTube
Wait a second, did they use the cap source for RDU in this again?
They did.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 04:50 PM   #3419
GC Riot GC Riot is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
GC Riot's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
Gothenburg, Sweden
339
22
27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneyfreak View Post
Tangled: Count Up to 50th Animated Motion Picture - YouTube
Wait a second, did they use the cap source for RDU in this again?
Now why did you have to go and do something like that!?
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 09:27 PM   #3420
RebelPrince1986 RebelPrince1986 is offline
Special Member
 
RebelPrince1986's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
204
14
69
Default

The aspect ratios are interesting...

The Sword and the Stone, shown in two aspect ratios.
The Jungle Book in Widescreen
Fox In the Hound in 1:33
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:23 AM.