Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

Puppet Master: Ultimate Collectable Toulon's Trunk (Blu-ray)
$171.10
2 hrs ago
Sonic the Hedgehog 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
21 hrs ago
The Lighthouse (Blu-ray)
$14.99
19 hrs ago
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Gladiator 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
3 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge (Blu-ray)
$18.99
23 hrs ago
Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99
2 hrs ago
Braveheart 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
10 hrs ago
Angel Has Fallen 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Digital Deals > Dead Deals

Old 09-02-2019, 08:09 PM   #81
Blu-ray Count

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarrdadd View Post
how could you possibly think this is going to suck?
I can think of a few concerns....old masters, little classic content...Iger said "eventually" every Disney film would be available, and that's obviously not going to happen (Song of the South, uncensored cartoons), but the operative word is "eventually". So out of the gate, Disney+ could just be a "greatest hits" album, and I already have all that on physical media. I'm looking for the deep cuts that aren't on Blu at all, and hopefully treated with respect.

So it may not suck for everyone else to have "Disney's Greatest Hits", but there are a ton of Disney-produced films that never came to Blu at all, and that's why I signed up. I didn't join to endure the family watching The Lion King for the billionth time. Right?

So that's how it could suck. For me.

Thanks given by:
IronWaffle (09-03-2019)
Old 09-02-2019, 08:26 PM   #82
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2008
Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianajmb View Post
I signed up, but then read it will not be available on Samsung smart tvs or the amazon fire stick. I will keep a positive outlook that a deal may be reached by November.
maybe, but, probably not. what you can do if that is the case is buy the roku streaming stick+ that passes UHD/ATMOS* and your good to go with your Sammy tv.

* click on specs when you use the roku link i provided.

Old 09-02-2019, 08:33 PM   #83
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2008
Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Rister View Post
I can think of a few concerns....old masters, little classic content...Iger said "eventually" every Disney film would be available, and that's obviously not going to happen (Song of the South, uncensored cartoons), but the operative word is "eventually". So out of the gate, Disney+ could just be a "greatest hits" album, and I already have all that on physical media. I'm looking for the deep cuts that aren't on Blu at all, and hopefully treated with respect.

So it may not suck for everyone else to have "Disney's Greatest Hits", but there are a ton of Disney-produced films that never came to Blu at all, and that's why I signed up. I didn't join to endure the family watching The Lion King for the billionth time. Right?

So that's how it could suck. For me.
well, while I don't look at Disney as some "fly by night" company out to intentionally mislead customer most of which are already fans, mostly lifetime fans of their work, I do understand your concerns.

it's possible not "every" thing ever made by Disney will make the network, but, i'd be willing to bet better than 80% will; that's my feeling.

as for the "billionth time" thing, well, I don't think (at least I don't know) that it's gonna be like live television where when you fire up the app, The Lion King is always playing. I think you will get to select whatever is available to watch when it's available. so, like any other "non live streaming" app, you select what you want to see. so, perhaps the family will only select the Lion King in the Millions of times as a compromise.

Old 09-02-2019, 08:49 PM   #84
Blu-ray Count

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarrdadd View Post
well, while I don't look at Disney as some "fly by night" company out to intentionally mislead customer most of which are already fans, mostly lifetime fans of their work, I do understand your concerns.

it's possible not "every" thing ever made by Disney will make the network, but, i'd be willing to bet better than 80% will; that's my feeling.

as for the "billionth time" thing, well, I don't think (at least I don't know) that it's gonna be like live television where when you fire up the app, The Lion King is always playing. I think you will get to select whatever is available to watch when it's available. so, like any other "non live streaming" app, you select what you want to see. so, perhaps the family will only select the Lion King in the Millions of times as a compromise.
Well, don't take it the wrong way. I'm just saying that personally, that's what I want from the service -- the deep cuts. Iger mentioned "thousands of hours of tv content", and for some, that means DuckTales and the Disney Afternoon, while for me, that means Disneyland, Walt Disney Presents, the Wonderful World of Color and the Wonderful World of Disney. I'm not expecting much of that -- you can find a handful of those episodes on Vudu and DVD and even on Blu as bonus features, and I've got them. I'm *hoping* for solid masters of Walt-era films, tv shows, and 70's films and Touchstone films never released on Blu at all (or even DVD). Not holding my breath, but that's my hope. Seriously, I already have all the Star Wars films, Disney's animated blockbusters, the Marvel films, the Pixar films...I'm signing up for the deep cuts. And I hope they're available. Maybe not at launch, I won't stomp off in a huff, but eventually...that's the word Iger used. Eventually. I live in hope.

Last edited by Ernest Rister; 09-02-2019 at 09:01 PM.

Thanks given by:
IronWaffle (09-03-2019), solarrdadd (09-02-2019)
Old 09-02-2019, 10:38 PM   #85
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2008
Virginia

gotcha.

me, yeah, it's gonna be nice to have all of one properties under one roof. next, I'm a big Marvel fan, so, all the new content being developed for Marvel is on the top of my list. next, star wars animated series and newly developed shows (The Mandalorian ) and shows like that, i want them to roll and roll deep.

i also want special features, behind the scenes things for Marvel, Disney, Starwars, X-men and such that have never been published before. i think they will to.

remember, it's not just Marvel & Disney stuff, it's the 20th Century Fox Library, all 30 seasons of The Simpsons (Day One!) NATGEO too. i expect that we should start to see more of that FOX stuff make it's way into the channel at some point.

oh yeah, and right out of the gate, no waiting, 4K-UHD/DV/HDR/ATMOS for programing that supports it!

I think on the strength of potential alone, i'm pumped like a mutha!

Old 09-02-2019, 11:19 PM   #86
Blu-ray Count

Jan 2008

Well, I'm now in for three years using the D23 discount, so...just spent the price of two new tires on Disney+ on the hope I get access to that amazing library. We'll see how things go.

EDIT
(personal story removed...)

So...that's what I want from Disney+. Walt and Roy content. Deep cuts with HD masters that I can't get anywhere else. Will always go for physical media. But sure, I'll pay $140 for three years of access to Walt and Roy films and tv shows. And still collect physical media for as long as I can.

Last edited by Ernest Rister; 09-03-2019 at 09:47 PM.

Thanks given by:
IronWaffle (09-03-2019), jbloggs (09-02-2019), The_Donster (09-03-2019)
Old 09-03-2019, 12:23 AM   #87

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest Rister View Post
...while for me, that means Disneyland, Walt Disney Presents, the Wonderful World of Color and the Wonderful World of Disney. I'm not expecting much of that -- you can find a handful of those episodes on Vudu and DVD and even on Blu as bonus features, and I've got them. I'm *hoping* for solid masters of Walt-era films, tv shows, and 70's films and Touchstone films never released on Blu at all (or even DVD)...
While I do want to watch the new content (films & series) being created for the service, I am definitely with you on wanting to see a lot of this older content that has never been made available on vhs, dvd, or let-alone blu-ray.

Thanks given by:
Ernest Rister (09-03-2019)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Digital Deals > Dead Deals