Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals

Best Nintendo Switch Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Just Dance 2020 (Switch)
$24.99

Fire Emblem Warriors (Switch)
$27.30
16 hrs ago
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order (Switch)
$47.99

Overpass (Switch)
$49.99

Battle Chasers: Nightwar (Switch)
$14.99

Blacksad: Under The Skin (Switch)
$42.89
9 hrs ago
Call of Cthulhu (Switch)
$25.82

Dragon Quest XI S: Echoes of an Elusive Age (Switch)
$49.99

Carnival Games (Switch)
$14.99

Daemon X Machina (Switch)
$44.99

Reel Fishing: Road Trip Adventure (Switch)
$15.22

Super Dragon Ball Heroes World Mission (Switch)
$29.20
1 hr ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Old 01-07-2020, 03:07 PM   #9101
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by InuYashaCrusade View Post
This will be the longest Pokemon Direct in history. There could be a bigger reveal.

https://twitter.com/JoeMerrick/statu...58504335265793
Better to keep expectations low and be surprised
Old 01-07-2020, 03:10 PM   #9102
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
Better to keep expectations low and be surprised
I want Johto Pokemon Let's Go
Old 01-08-2020, 06:07 AM   #9103

Aug 2019
Australia

Quote:
I want Johto Pokemon Let's Go
C'mon Let's Go, Dunsparce and Let's Go, Porygon2.

Allll right. That would never happen, at least the latter, but I will legit go bonkers if they do in fact announce Let's Go, Dunsparce.

I am expecting Togepi, Marill, and/or Snubbull to be the most likely mascots though.
Old 01-08-2020, 04:00 PM   #9104

Aug 2014
Orlando

I hope it's not Let's Go. Would rather a new remake with switch engine.
Old 01-08-2020, 04:01 PM   #9105
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

I want them to announce they are bring Shiny Meltan back to Pokémon Go, I was unable to get one during the past 2 shiny Meltan events.
Old 01-08-2020, 04:30 PM   #9106
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyG View Post
C'mon Let's Go, Dunsparce and Let's Go, Porygon2.

Allll right. That would never happen, at least the latter, but I will legit go bonkers if they do in fact announce Let's Go, Dunsparce.

I am expecting Togepi, Marill, and/or Snubbull to be the most likely mascots though.
Togepi and Marill would be good fits but how about Espeon and Umbreon? That would keep the Eevee trend going. Or better yet: Pichu and Marill!
Old 01-08-2020, 04:40 PM   #9107
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Togepi and Marill would be good fits but how about Espeon and Umbreon? That would keep the Eevee trend going. Or better yet: Pichu and Marill!
If a Gen 2 "Let’s Go" game happened, the naming would be based on the starters: Chikorita, Cyndaquil, and Totodile. Just as it was for the Gen 1 "Let’s Go" games, which are a remake of Pokémon Yellow. In that game your starter was a Pikachu and your rival had an Eevee. Which is why the Pikachu counterpart is Eevee for Let’s Go.
Old 01-08-2020, 05:27 PM   #9108
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface32 View Post
If a Gen 2 "Let’s Go" game happened, the naming would be based on the starters: Chikorita, Cyndaquil, and Totodile. Just as it was for the Gen 1 "Let’s Go" games, which are a remake of Pokémon Yellow. In that game your starter was a Pikachu and your rival had an Eevee. Which is why the Pikachu counterpart is Eevee for Let’s Go.
The problem with using the starters is that one would be left out. You're right though. I forget that Eevee technically is a starter.
Old 01-09-2020, 01:01 AM   #9109

Aug 2019
Australia

Quote:
I want them to announce they are bring Shiny Meltan back to Pokémon Go, I was unable to get one during the past 2 shiny Meltan events.
Same here, though I was only aware of one of the events as I had stopped playing Go once the initial hype had died down (I was only ever casual; I had never participated in raid battles or anything like that). I don't pay much attention to any of the events. Considering the poor battery life of my phone, I can't see myself getting back into it any time soon unless some friends want to embark on a Go outing.

Quote:
I would hate for Pichu to be a version mascot. Pikachu is already the most grossly overexposed Pokémon that there is. I would rather that they use the opportunity to popularise two other characters instead.

Espeon and Umbreon could possibly happen, but doubtful as the Let's Go games are more young/casual skewing, and they aren't as cute as many of the other Pokémon introduced in Gen II, which is the angle that Game Freak are going for in the marketing of these games.

I just want a game starring Togepi though, and if the original voice actress reprises her role, it would be a nostalgia trip in more ways than one for many of us, and Togepi is just ridiculously adorable and one of my favourite Pokémon of all time (I was so happy that it got an evolution in Gen IV in the form of Togekiss).

Quote:
Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee were based on Pokémon Pikachu Version (it is only known as "Yellow" outside of Japan), so if anything, Game Freak would likely choose the two most popular/cute Gen II Pokémon as there isn't a precedent like there was in the form of Pikachu/Yellow version, as Crystal was an enhanced version of Gold/Silver as opposed to a game designed to better reflect the tone and trajectory of the anime.

I wouldn't count on them using any of the babies, though it is a possibility. I certainly wouldn't object to Let's Go, Smoochum!

I can't imagine that they would simultaneously release three variations of what is essentially the same game (for each of the usual starters), but considering the sucker that I am for Gen II, it wouldn't stop me from buying and playing all three. At least with the GBC games, Gold/Silver versions had their own distinct sprites for the majority of Pokémon, with Crystal going further by animating them (Crystal's sprites were predominantly based on the Gold sprites). Without that distinction, I imagine that playing the same game three times over would probably be just a bit tedious (though I did enjoy simultaneously playing G/S/C on 3DS).

I also imagine that it would be a bit of a PR disaster splitting the three starters into their own games when they were available by default in previous installments. I would hedge my bets on Togepi and either Marill or Snubbull, with the three starters being available in specific routes like the Gen I starters were in the Let's Go games (or perhaps gifted by NPCs).

I think the Direct is also likely to reveal more on the Switch version/sequel of Detective Pikachu, which was officially announced, but nothing beyond that had been revealed.
Old 01-09-2020, 01:58 PM   #9110
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by SillyG View Post
Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee were based on Pokémon Pikachu Version (it is only known as "Yellow" outside of Japan), so if anything, Game Freak would likely choose the two most popular/cute Gen II Pokémon as there isn't a precedent like there was in the form of Pikachu/Yellow version, as Crystal was an enhanced version of Gold/Silver as opposed to a game designed to better reflect the tone and trajectory of the anime.
Actually it's called Pokémon Special Pikachu Edition, but just say Pokémon Yellow is easier (and less to type).

Old 01-09-2020, 02:16 PM   #9111
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2013

15 minutes until the Direct
Old 01-09-2020, 09:08 PM   #9112
Expert Member

Oct 2010

Theres a nice sale going on now.

I just grabbed the 'Aladdin & Lion King' 16-bit 2pack for 30% off at $19.99.

Still higher than I'd like, but less than $10 a game plus multiple versions and a lot of extra goodies seems fine for something I really miss playing and enjoyed the hell out of as a kid
Old 01-12-2020, 03:37 PM   #9113
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2013

Yugioh Link Evolution for $20 is a steal. The included promo card pack is selling for $15 on eBay right now. You can get the game for around $5 bucks after selling the promos, you can't go wrong.
Old 01-14-2020, 02:55 PM   #9114
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

35 minute Smash presentation on Thursday to reveal the 5th character. Seems excessive.
Old 01-14-2020, 05:08 PM   #9115
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2013

Quote:
35 minute Smash presentation on Thursday to reveal the 5th character. Seems excessive.
So we've gotten Pokemon and Smash Directs but not one for Switch in general? Kind of weird
Old 01-14-2020, 06:21 PM   #9116
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Yugioh Link Evolution for $20 is a steal. The included promo card pack is selling for $15 on eBay right now. You can get the game for around $5 bucks after selling the promos, you can't go wrong.
Is it a good game?
Old 01-14-2020, 06:36 PM   #9117
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2013

Quote:
Is it a good game?
I think so. I've completed the Duel Monsters portion of the game. You can play character duels all the way up to the beginning of VRAINS, build your own decks, etc. If you like Yu-Gi-Oh then you'll enjoy it.
Old 01-15-2020, 05:28 AM   #9118
Special Member

Oct 2008
Northern Illinois

I bought my daughter NBA2K20 for Christmas, and she can't even run the game without external storage. If you have the physical game do you just update on the memory card? I must be getting old. I'm not understanding new tech!
Old 01-15-2020, 06:09 AM   #9119

Jun 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Balls View Post
I bought my daughter NBA2K20 for Christmas, and she can't even run the game without external storage. If you have the physical game do you just update on the memory card? I must be getting old. I'm not understanding new tech!
Yeah, it needs to go on the larger memory card.
Old 01-15-2020, 09:16 PM   #9120
Special Member

Jan 2012
Montana

Quote:
A new Nintendo Dire... DAMMIT!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Nintendo > Nintendo Switch

Tags
nintendo, switch™