Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Sergio Leone Westerns (Blu-ray)
$53.99
9 hrs ago
Parasite (Blu-ray)
$19.96
7 hrs ago
Spookies (Blu-ray)
$23.49
10 hrs ago
It: Chapter Two 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Ip Man 4: The Finale 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
12 hrs ago
Cannibal Apocalypse (Blu-ray)
$19.89
10 hrs ago
The Grand Budapest Hotel (Blu-ray)
$29.39
 
Beyond the Door (Blu-ray)
$36.49
11 hrs ago
1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
It: Chapter Two (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Me and You and Everyone We Know (Blu-ray)
$29.49
11 hrs ago
Jay and Silent Bob Reboot (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2019, 02:14 AM   #1501
Gacivory Gacivory is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Gacivory's Avatar
 
Apr 2016
California
81
1218
200
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdodolak View Post
Maybe the Walmart version will come with a cover art sans gun.
Well the Wal-Mart one would look better aesthetically to me then.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 01:28 AM   #1502
jayembee jayembee is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Jul 2010
A Drug-Infested Den
362
3191
Default

It's been over a year since the list of releases in the O.P. has been updated. I've done up my own list, so I figured I might as well post it here, starting where that list left off. It's behind spoiler tags to keep the post short.

[Show spoiler]
53 The Blue Dahlia
54 The Jerk
55 Holy Motors
56 The Glenn Miller Story
57 Hang 'Em High
58 Murder by Death
59 When Harry Met Sally
60 The Glass Key
61 Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
62 Suburbia
63 Four Weddings and a Funeral
64 Backbeat
65 The Street Fighter Collection
66 Legally Blonde Collection
67 Used Cars
68 Kalifornia
69 Someone to Watch Over Me
70 Born in East L.A.
71 Ned Kelly
72 Brighton Beach Memoirs
73 This Gun for Hire
74 Talk to Me
75 Paradise Alley
76 The Boxer
77 Kuffs
78 Earthquake
79 Boom!
80 To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar
81 Jeffrey
82 Snow Falling on Cedars
83 Fatso
84 The Great Northfield Minnesota Raid
85 Criss Cross
86 Endless Love
87 American Me
88 The Harder They Come
89 Biloxi Blues
90 Going My Way
91 The Great Waldo Pepper
92 Abbott & Costello: The Complete Universal Pictures Collection
93 The Nutty Professor Collection
94 Chuck Berry Hail! Hail! Rock 'n' Roll
95 Candy
96 The Anne Bancroft Collection
97 Brewster's Millions
98 Gerry
99 Very Bad Things
100 Sliding Doors
101 Masked and Anonymous
102 The Wizard
103 Before the Devil Knows You're Dead
104 Homeboy

Last edited by jayembee; 01-12-2020 at 12:31 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
atl.steven (Today), belcherman (12-20-2019), Dailyan (12-20-2019), MassiveMovieBuff (12-20-2019), mja345 (12-20-2019), StarDestroyer52 (12-20-2019), whiteberry (12-20-2019)
Old 12-20-2019, 03:15 AM   #1503
whiteberry whiteberry is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Jun 2013
Default

I think we need a new maintainer for this thread. It looks like the last update wasn't even done by the OP but by a mod (neoz).
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2019, 03:19 AM   #1504
Dailyan Dailyan is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Dailyan's Avatar
 
Feb 2015
Beyond the Blue Horizon
53
988
126
27
33
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayembee View Post
It's been over a year since the list of releases in the O.P. has been updated. I've done up my own list, so I figured I might as well post it here, starting where that list left off. It's behind spoiler tags to keep the post short.

[Show spoiler]
53 The Blue Dahlia
54 The Jerk
55 Holy Motors
56 The Glenn Miller Story
57 Hang 'Em High
58 Murder by Death
59 When Harry Met Sally
60 The Glass Key
61 Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
62 Suburbia
63 Four Weddings and a Funeral
64 Backbeat
65 The Street Fighter Collection
66 Legally Blonde Collection
67 Used Cars
68 Kalifornia
69 Someone to Watch Over Me
70 Born in East L.A.
71 Ned Kelly
72 Brighton Beach Memoirs
73 This Gun for Hire
74 Talk to Me
75 Paradise Alley
76 The Boxer
77 Kuffs
78 Earthquake
79 Boom!
80 To Wong Foo, Thanks for Everything! Julie Newmar
81 Jeffrey
82 Snow Falling on Cedars
83 Fatso
84 The Great Northfield Minnesota Raid
85 Criss Cross
86 Endless Love
87 American Me
88 The Harder They Come
89 Biloxi Blues
90 Going My Way
91 The Great Waldo Pepper
92 Abbott & Costello: The Complete Universal Pictures Collection
93 The Nutty Professor Collection
94 Chuck Berry Hail! Hail! Rock 'n' Roll
95 Candy
96 The Anne Bancroft Collection
97 Brewster's Millions
98 Gerry
99 Very Bad Things
100 Sliding Doors
101 Masked and Anonymous
102 The Wizard
103 Before the Devil Knows You're Dead
Thanks, I'll probably update it tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteberry View Post
I think we need a new maintainer for this thread. It looks like the last update wasn't even done by the OP but by a mod (neoz).
I took over by as the maintainer but I've been swamped in work for the past few weeks.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
jayembee (12-20-2019), StarDestroyer52 (12-20-2019)
Old 01-13-2020, 03:15 AM   #1505
DVD Josh DVD Josh is online now
Power Member
 
DVD Josh's Avatar
 
Jan 2019
222
923
229
344
61
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdodolak View Post
Maybe the Walmart version will come with a cover art sans gun.
You want to know what's crazy about this? I got my copy of I Spit On Your Grave from WM with this slip:



Seems way worse than a gun.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 04:31 AM   #1506
MassiveMovieBuff MassiveMovieBuff is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
MassiveMovieBuff's Avatar
 
Apr 2014
High up in the KAB lighthouse in Spivey Point
11
909
21
1
Default

I just got done watching my region free Universal blu ray for The Hard Way and it made me think how I would love a special edition with some solid extras. Such an underrated flick! It has a unique, high octane energy to it that makes you feel like you snorted a bunch of cocaine. I've never seen anything like it in a film. James Woods and Michael J. Fox are outstanding. I love it's portrait of New York City too. It's such a shame the film never caught on and the sequel The Harder Way never happened.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
drak b (01-13-2020), Eschenpod (01-13-2020), Ruemorgue10 (01-13-2020)
Old 01-13-2020, 11:30 AM   #1507
trentdiesel trentdiesel is offline
Expert Member
 
trentdiesel's Avatar
 
Sep 2013
Rhode Island
3188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveMovieBuff View Post
I just got done watching my region free Universal blu ray for The Hard Way and it made me think how I would love a special edition with some solid extras. Such an underrated flick! It has a unique, high octane energy to it that makes you feel like you snorted a bunch of cocaine. I've never seen anything like it in a film. James Woods and Michael J. Fox are outstanding. I love it's portrait of New York City too. It's such a shame the film never caught on and the sequel The Harder Way never happened.
I agree, huge fan of the movie and I hope we get a special edition blu ray stateside
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
MassiveMovieBuff (01-13-2020)
Old 01-13-2020, 12:06 PM   #1508
drush9999 drush9999 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
drush9999's Avatar
 
Nov 2016
Sutton Coldfield, England
6
2057
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by konyc View Post
Hope to see The Keep (1983).
That's somehow getting a DVD release in Australia this year

https://www.madman.com.au/catalogue/view/51790/the-keep

Last edited by drush9999; 01-13-2020 at 12:12 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 12:13 PM   #1509
Alfredlynch Alfredlynch is offline
Expert Member
 
Alfredlynch's Avatar
 
Jul 2013
863
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveMovieBuff View Post
I just got done watching my region free Universal blu ray for The Hard Way and it made me think how I would love a special edition with some solid extras. Such an underrated flick! It has a unique, high octane energy to it that makes you feel like you snorted a bunch of cocaine. I've never seen anything like it in a film. James Woods and Michael J. Fox are outstanding. I love it's portrait of New York City too. It's such a shame the film never caught on and the sequel The Harder Way never happened.
Another fan of The Hard Way here and hoping for a release.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
MassiveMovieBuff (01-13-2020)
Old 01-13-2020, 08:58 PM   #1510
bizzle bizzle is offline
Member
 
Dec 2018
Durham NC
63
Default

Been thinking about going down the Shout Select rabbit hole. What do you guys consider essentials? I've got the following in my cart:

Kalifornia
Valley Girl
Midnight Run
Matinee
Live and Die in LA
Night Hawks

Happy to hear all suggestions.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Luke Dodge748 (01-14-2020)
Old 01-13-2020, 09:05 PM   #1511
MassiveMovieBuff MassiveMovieBuff is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
MassiveMovieBuff's Avatar
 
Apr 2014
High up in the KAB lighthouse in Spivey Point
11
909
21
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzle View Post
Been thinking about going down the Shout Select rabbit hole. What do you guys consider essentials? I've got the following in my cart:

Kalifornia
Valley Girl
Midnight Run
Matinee
Live and Die in LA
Night Hawks

Happy to hear all suggestions.
Along with the ones you already have:

Trespass
Streets of Fire
Colors
Bill and Ted's Most Excellent Collection
Into the Night
Wild at Heart
Used Cars

Last edited by MassiveMovieBuff; 01-13-2020 at 09:11 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 09:08 PM   #1512
benedictopacifico benedictopacifico is offline
Active Member
 
benedictopacifico's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
CDMX
38
1317
68
47
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzle View Post
Been thinking about going down the Shout Select rabbit hole. What do you guys consider essentials? I've got the following in my cart:

Kalifornia
Valley Girl
Midnight Run
Matinee
Live and Die in LA
Night Hawks

Happy to hear all suggestions.
Road House
Streets of Fire
The Burbs
Criss Cross
Used Cars
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2020, 10:49 PM   #1513
mediocre mediocre is offline
Senior Member
 
mediocre's Avatar
 
Jun 2011
Iowa
46
405
Default

Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai is another I'd highly recommend picking up.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 07:59 AM   #1514
MassiveMovieBuff MassiveMovieBuff is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
MassiveMovieBuff's Avatar
 
Apr 2014
High up in the KAB lighthouse in Spivey Point
11
909
21
1
Default

Since there was a little bit of discussion on The Hard Way, I came across this great James Woods interview that I thought I would share where he discusses his filming experience on it (along with his other films) for those that are interested. A highly recommended read! Just FYI, it's a 2 part interview and the part that I posted is the second part but the link to the first part is right at the beginning.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...=1578988668772

Last edited by MassiveMovieBuff; 01-14-2020 at 10:11 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Rzzzz (01-14-2020)
Old 01-14-2020, 01:31 PM   #1515
BarnDoor BarnDoor is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
BarnDoor's Avatar
 
Jan 2010
12
3538
3
Default

Given that BallyHoo are working on a 'several new features' for a new release of Mystery Men, I'm thinking that is coming in this line.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 01:36 PM   #1516
captainron_howdy captainron_howdy is offline
Special Member
 
captainron_howdy's Avatar
 
Feb 2017
NJ/NY
78
1273
251
2
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MassiveMovieBuff View Post
Along with the ones you already have:

Trespass
Streets of Fire
Colors
Bill and Ted's Most Excellent Collection
Into the Night
Wild at Heart
Used Cars
Into the Night is awesome! I have all these actually, great list. Shakedown is one of my favorite Shout Select releases, I add that one. Used Cars is hysterical also.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
MassiveMovieBuff (01-14-2020)
Old 01-14-2020, 02:02 PM   #1517
bizzle bizzle is offline
Member
 
Dec 2018
Durham NC
63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainron_howdy View Post
Into the Night is awesome! I have all these actually, great list. Shakedown is one of my favorite Shout Select releases, I add that one. Used Cars is hysterical also.
Thanks fam! All these recommendations are a great starting point.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
captainron_howdy (01-14-2020)
Old 01-14-2020, 03:27 PM   #1518
belcherman belcherman is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
belcherman's Avatar
 
May 2013
Eastern CT
1077
73
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzle View Post
Been thinking about going down the Shout Select rabbit hole. What do you guys consider essentials? I've got the following in my cart:

Kalifornia
Valley Girl
Midnight Run
Matinee
Live and Die in LA
Night Hawks

Happy to hear all suggestions.
If you dig noir, then the following are ALL essential:

This Gun for Hire
The Glass Key
The Blue Dahlia
Criss Cross

[Show spoiler]

Last edited by belcherman; 01-14-2020 at 07:15 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 06:05 PM   #1519
Luke Dodge748 Luke Dodge748 is offline
Senior Member
 
Luke Dodge748's Avatar
 
Sep 2018
Atlanta
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizzle View Post
Been thinking about going down the Shout Select rabbit hole. What do you guys consider essentials? I've got the following in my cart:

Kalifornia
Valley Girl
Midnight Run
Matinee
Live and Die in LA
Night Hawks

Happy to hear all suggestions.
The 'Burbs
Road House
Buckaroo Banzai
Midnight Run
Kuffs
To Wong Foo
To Live and Die, absolutely
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 06:36 PM   #1520
whiteberry whiteberry is online now
Blu-ray Guru
 
Jun 2013
Default

In addition to the movies already recommended, I'd recommend Born In East L.A. if you like 80s comedies:
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Tags
shout factory, shout select, spine numbers

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:21 AM.