Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse 4K (Blu-ray)
$32.99
18 hrs ago
Film Noir: The Dark Side of Cinema XIV (Blu-ray)
$24.99
1 day ago
Universal Classic Monsters: Icons of Horror Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$39.99
7 hrs ago
Sisu 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.36
 
So I Married an Axe Murderer 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.55
23 hrs ago
Film Noir: The Dark Side of Cinema XIII (Blu-ray)
$24.99
1 day ago
The Night of the Hunter 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Hugo 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$33.49
 
Death Wish 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 day ago
Serpico 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Ultimate Muscle: The Kinnikuman Legacy (Blu-ray)
$51.96
23 hrs ago
Les MisÚrables 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Travel

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2014, 03:16 AM   #81
sycro sycro is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
sycro's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
Kansas City, MO
15
24
2305
60
20
63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by civiclx View Post
Wow you're going to have a great time I think! Have you been to any of those places before? I've been to all those places except for Atlantic City. Didn't spend enough time in any of them though. Atlanta we just spent the day enjoying before we caught our flight back home. Did tour the Coke factory. NY was just for the US Open tennis tournament in '05 so literally did no sightseeing since we were watching tennis all day. Loved Atlanta the short time I was there and really enjoyed Boston. Saw a Sox/Blue Jays game and checked out Harvard.
If you had time for it, would you have any interest in visiting Gettysburg?

Damn, that does sound like one hell of a vacation you have planned You probably know about this site, but you can check tripadvisor for reviews of places you might stay, eat or visit
I've spent 21 years in Atlanta I was in Washington DC for about 2-3 days when I was like 10. And I spent one day in Boston for a job interview, but I never saw anything other than a hotel, a town car and an office building.

Gettysburg would be neat, but definitely not enough time. It's hard enough trying to fit in all of the places in the time I have. I'm really just trying to hit up all of the MLB stadiums, so this trip will let me hit up 5 (Washington, Philly, NY x 2 and Boston) of my remaining 6 in the area. I've previously visited Baltimore and Toronto, so only Pittsburgh will be left. The nation's history stuff in Philly would be interesting, but after a week in Washington, I think I'll be pretty worn down on that stuff, so I decided it would be better to catch a game and maybe see the outside of some places and get a day of relaxation in Atlantic City to maybe win some extra spending money (or in reality, lose an extra $100 or so).
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 02:11 PM   #82
540Blue 540Blue is offline
Power Member
 
540Blue's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
Virginia
93
1340
27
38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycro View Post
I'm going on a month long vacation in September, and it's going to be EXPENSIVE I've already gotten my 3 airline tickets (for only about $400 total). Travelling by train for the other stops.

Heading to Atlanta for about 5 days to celebrate my birthday with family. Then about 8 days in Washington, DC. I've just booked the Capital Hilton (payment not due until I arrive) and already purchased a ticket for the Braves/Nationals. Then a few nights in Philly and a night in Atlantic City. Then it's 10 days in New York City and the hotels there are . Then a few last days in Boston, where I already have a ticket for the next to last game of the season between the Red Sox and Yankees.
You should check out The Old Ebbitt Grill while in DC. It's close to where you are staying and it's a spot I usually go to when in town. It's been around forever and the food is good but not crazy expensive. I'd suggest making a reservation if you go, I've never seen a place that is as busy as they are.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 03:38 PM   #83
sycro sycro is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
sycro's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
Kansas City, MO
15
24
2305
60
20
63
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540Blue View Post
You should check out The Old Ebbitt Grill while in DC. It's close to where you are staying and it's a spot I usually go to when in town. It's been around forever and the food is good but not crazy expensive. I'd suggest making a reservation if you go, I've never seen a place that is as busy as they are.
I'll have to add that to my list. Thanks
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2014, 05:37 PM   #84
540Blue 540Blue is offline
Power Member
 
540Blue's Avatar
 
Dec 2010
Virginia
93
1340
27
38
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycro View Post
I'll have to add that to my list. Thanks
No problem. A lot of congressmen frequent there and it's been on the Food Network a few times (Rachel Ray went there on one of her shows). There are a lot of good places to eat within walking distance of where you will be. D.C. is awesome if you are into history, tons to do around there.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 03:56 PM   #85
sycro sycro is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
sycro's Avatar
 
Mar 2012
Kansas City, MO
15
24
2305
60
20
63
Default

Anybody else have recommendations for any places to eat or see? I think I'm pretty set on attractions in Washington, Philly and New York.

Washington, DC (8 days/nights)
Philadelphia (1 day, 2 nights)
Atlantic City (2 days, 1 night)
New York City (10 days/nights)
Boston (4 days/nights)
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:01 AM   #86
Moviefan1203 Moviefan1203 is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Moviefan1203's Avatar
 
Oct 2008
Pennsylvania, USA
6
45
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sycro View Post
Anybody else have recommendations for any places to eat or see? I think I'm pretty set on attractions in Washington, Philly and New York.

Washington, DC (8 days/nights)
Philadelphia (1 day, 2 nights)
Atlantic City (2 days, 1 night)
New York City (10 days/nights)
Boston (4 days/nights)
For Philadelphia I would definitely recommend Independence Hall, the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, and Valley Forge. Valley Forge might be a bit too far out for you given your timeline though.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:10 AM   #87
Nielsb90 Nielsb90 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Nielsb90's Avatar
 
Aug 2008
Denmark
38
39
910
17
10
Default

This year will be USA in August! Will be visiting some friends etc. NYC -> Virginia -> South Carolina -> Tennessee -> Pennsylvania -> Denmark..
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 11:13 AM   #88
Johnny Vinyl Johnny Vinyl is offline
Moderator
 
Johnny Vinyl's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave
19
205
7
3
8
Default

Had been planning a trip to Vietnam for later this year, but that won't happen quite yet. I'm thinking next Spring instead. I have too many expenditures to take care of first, and going now would stretch me almost beyond my means. I need to tell my 2 brothers (who live there) that the trip is delayed.

I might go out to Calgary at the end of June to visit my sister and BIL. He's got tickets to see Heart and my sis isn't a concert goer. I think it's a good enough reason to go!

And lately I've been pining to go home and visit my native The Netherlands again. I've got one Aunt and Uncle still with us and about 5 cousins and their spouses and kids. We communicate on FB regularly and they would be thrilled to bits if I said I was flying over. Maybe after my Vietnam trip....
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:42 PM   #89
nefilim nefilim is offline
Banned
 
Oct 2009
|limbo of the banned|
525
260
14
Send a message via Skype™ to nefilim
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vinyl View Post
Had been planning a trip to Vietnam for later this year, but that won't happen quite yet. I'm thinking next Spring instead. I have too many expenditures to take care of first, and going now would stretch me almost beyond my means. I need to tell my 2 brothers (who live there) that the trip is delayed.

I might go out to Calgary at the end of June to visit my sister and BIL. He's got tickets to see Heart and my sis isn't a concert goer. I think it's a good enough reason to go!

And lately I've been pining to go home and visit my native The Netherlands again.
I've got one Aunt and Uncle still with us and about 5 cousins and their spouses and kids. We communicate on FB regularly and they would be thrilled to bits if I said I was flying over. Maybe after my Vietnam trip....
did not know that. you were born in Netherlands ?

while there give Finland a visit ... almost on the same block.

  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 01:47 PM   #90
Johnny Vinyl Johnny Vinyl is offline
Moderator
 
Johnny Vinyl's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave
19
205
7
3
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nefilim View Post
did not know that. you were born in Netherlands ?

while there give Finland a visit ... almost on the same block.

Yessir. I was born there and came to Canada as a young lad of 13. Visiting Scandinavia is on my bucket list, along with the Ireland, England and Scotland (maybe even Wales....haha). Been just about everywhere in Western Europe.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:03 PM   #91
nefilim nefilim is offline
Banned
 
Oct 2009
|limbo of the banned|
525
260
14
Send a message via Skype™ to nefilim
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vinyl View Post
Yessir. I was born there and came to Canada as a young lad of 13. Visiting Scandinavia is on my bucket list, along with the Ireland, England and Scotland (maybe even Wales....haha). Been just about everywhere in Western Europe.
Cool - traveling is awesome ... broadens mind (cliche but true) and when one sees how people live and are in other places one tends to understand them more ...

been to England and Ireland. do visit - soooo many interesting places to see and Ireland is very beautiful, specially i liked the coast and sea side.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 02:11 PM   #92
Johnny Vinyl Johnny Vinyl is offline
Moderator
 
Johnny Vinyl's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave
19
205
7
3
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nefilim View Post
Cool - traveling is awesome ... broadens mind (cliche but true) and when one sees how people live and are in other places one tends to understand them more ...

been to England and Ireland. do visit - soooo many interesting places to see and Ireland is very beautiful, specially i liked the coast and sea side.
I agree completely buddy! I stopped travelling for many years after my divorce, but I'm starting to get the bug again. Hopefully I'll be able to do more, especially once I retire.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:01 PM   #93
Villiam Hayes Villiam Hayes is offline
Banned
 
Dec 2011
Norn Iron
15
437
5
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nefilim View Post
Cool - traveling is awesome ... broadens mind (cliche but true) and when one sees how people live and are in other places one tends to understand them more ...

been to England and Ireland. do visit - soooo many interesting places to see and Ireland is very beautiful, specially i liked the coast and sea side.
England's full of English people though.....kinda ruins it!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:07 PM   #94
nefilim nefilim is offline
Banned
 
Oct 2009
|limbo of the banned|
525
260
14
Send a message via Skype™ to nefilim
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villiam Hayes View Post
England's full of English people though.....kinda ruins it!
yep - they should be shipped to Ireland



  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:15 PM   #95
Johnny Vinyl Johnny Vinyl is offline
Moderator
 
Johnny Vinyl's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave
19
205
7
3
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nefilim View Post
yep - they should be shipped to Ireland



Not a bad idea....perhaps Ireland could then finally get a decent football team!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:18 PM   #96
Villiam Hayes Villiam Hayes is offline
Banned
 
Dec 2011
Norn Iron
15
437
5
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nefilim View Post
yep - they should be shipped to Ireland



Ship away......down south.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vinyl View Post
Not a bad idea....perhaps Ireland could then finally get a decent football team!
We have about 1.5 million people to chose from,we do alright.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:19 PM   #97
Visco. Visco. is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Visco.'s Avatar
 
Oct 2012
Columbus, Ohio
662
24
1
36
Default

I'm going to Disney World on the 20th.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:22 PM   #98
Johnny Vinyl Johnny Vinyl is offline
Moderator
 
Johnny Vinyl's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave
19
205
7
3
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villiam Hayes View Post
We have about 1.5 million people to chose from,we do alright.
I hear ya, and I was tugging on the old pant leg!

Look at Holland....1/3 the population of England ...Total Football baby!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:26 PM   #99
Villiam Hayes Villiam Hayes is offline
Banned
 
Dec 2011
Norn Iron
15
437
5
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Vinyl View Post
I hear ya, and I was tugging on the old pant leg!

Look at Holland....1/3 the population of England ...Total Football baby!
I know you were,International footie doesn't really interest me,waste of a week.

Yeah the Dutch have always produced good players.
If we're talking population though,Canada ain't worth a damn!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 03:30 PM   #100
Johnny Vinyl Johnny Vinyl is offline
Moderator
 
Johnny Vinyl's Avatar
 
Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave
19
205
7
3
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villiam Hayes View Post
I know you were,International footie doesn't really interest me,waste of a week.

Yeah the Dutch have always produced good players.
If we're talking population though,Canada ain't worth a damn!
I sadly have to agree!
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Travel


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:36 AM.