Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Back to the Future: The Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
£30.65

The Street Fighter Trilogy (Blu-ray)
£24.99
19 hrs ago
Naked Lunch 4K (Blu-ray)
£29.99
1 day ago
House of the Dragon 4K (Blu-ray)
£40.00

Naked Lunch (Blu-ray)
£24.99

House of the Dragon (Blu-ray)
£25.00

Lovers Lane (Blu-ray)
£17.99

Fall (Blu-ray)
£10.00
1 day ago
The Matrix Resurrections 4K (Blu-ray)
£12.14
1 day ago
But I'm a Cheerleader (Blu-ray)
£6.99
18 hrs ago
Beast (Blu-ray)
£9.99

Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore (Blu-ray)
£6.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 12-18-2022, 08:11 PM   #481
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
Southern California

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobSimms View Post
Do you remember if it was a third-party seller with ‘fulfillment’ by Amazon? I wonder if that made a difference?
Here is the invoice. It is difficult to read but says sold by Amazon EU.

Screenshot (31).jpg

Last edited by russweiss1; 12-18-2022 at 08:16 PM.
Thanks given by:
BobSimms (12-18-2022)
Old 12-19-2022, 02:36 AM   #482
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010
Navan/Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by russweiss1 View Post
Here is the invoice. It is difficult to read but says sold by Amazon EU.

Attachment 284937
In October 2020 for a very short period of time USA delivery address was available as a option to do pre order of Dawn of the Dead Limited Edition from Amazon UK with Amazon as the seller

A lot of USA members likely did not notice this as it was back very quickly to showing as not available with a USA delivery address
You mangaed to get a pre order done before it was back listed as not available
Release date was November 2020

Amazon UK sometimes just before release date make available to order with a USA delivery address and other countires outside UK where previously only option was UK delivery address
Mostly affects independent label releases
Can be a few days or a few weeks before you notice as available and can go back to be UK delivery address only or UK/EU only shortly after
Sometimes it's not until after release date you notice as available

That happens less often now in regards to Second Sight releases can be a few weeks to a few months after release date shipping to outside UK becomes available on Amazon UK with Amazon as the seller

Last edited by paulboland; 12-19-2022 at 02:57 AM.
Old 12-19-2022, 02:57 AM   #483
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
Southern California

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulboland View Post
In October 2020 for a very short period of time USA delivery address was available as a option to do pre order from Amazon UK with Amazon as the seller

A lot of USA members likely did not notice this as it was back very quickly to showing as not available with a USA delivery address
You mangaed to get a pre order done before it was back listed as not available
Release date was November 2020

Amazon UK sometimes just before release date make available to order with a USA delivery address and other countires outside UK where previously only option was UK delivery address
Mostly affects independent label releases
Can be a few days or a few weeks before you notice as available and can go back to be UK delivery address or UK/EU only
Sometimes it's not until after release date

That happens less often now in regards to Second Sight releases can be a few weeks to a few months after release date shipping to outside UK becomes available on Amazon UK with Amazon as the seller
I had originally place a pre-order with a different UK company who then cancelled the order saying they couldn't ship to the U.S. I ordered from Amazon UK and a few companies in the U.S. because I didn't want to miss the release. The only reason I showed my invoice is because someone said that Amazon UK did not ship the Dawn of the Dead limited edition to the U.S. but they did ship a copy to me.
Old 12-19-2022, 03:03 AM   #484
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010
Navan/Ireland

Quote:
I had originally place a pre-order with a different UK company who then cancelled the order saying they couldn't ship to the U.S. I ordered from Amazon UK and a few companies in the U.S. because I didn't want to miss the release. The only reason I showed my invoice is because someone said that Amazon UK did not ship the Dawn of the Dead limited edition to the U.S. but they did ship a copy to me.
As I previously mentioned for a very short period of time in October 2020 just before release date in November Dawn of the Dead was available to pre order from Amazon UK with a USA delivery address

A lot USA members would likely not have noticed as available as it quicky went back showing as not available for delivery to USA

Second Sight releases though since 2022 now take a good while after release date on Amazon UK to become available for delivery outside UK
I have to order direct with second sight most times now and I'm based in Republic of Ireland as even weeks/months after release date can still not be available to order from Amazon UK if not a UK delivery address

Last edited by paulboland; 12-19-2022 at 03:12 AM.
Old 12-19-2022, 03:17 AM   #485
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2012
Southern California

Quote:
As I previously mentioned for a very short period of time in October 2020 just before release date in November Dawn of the Dead was available to pre order from Amazon UK with a USA delivery address

A lot USA members would likely not have noticed as available as it quicky went back showing as not available for delivery to USA

Second Sight releases though since 2022 now take a good while after release date on Amazon UK to become available for delivery outside UK
I have to order direct with second sight most times now and I'm based in Republic of Ireland as even weeks/months after release date can still not be available to order from Amazon UK if not a UK delivery address
With Martin I placed an order with a U.S. company so I wouldn't have to worry about cancellations.
Old 12-19-2022, 03:30 AM   #486
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010
Navan/Ireland

Quote:
With Martin I placed an order with a U.S. company so I wouldn't have to worry about cancellations.
I ordered direct with Second Sight as they ship Martin to UK/Ireland and Irish vat is paid when ordering

I would have liked to use Amazon UK to get free shipping as i'm a prime member but by the time a second sight release now becomes available to order for delivery outside UK there is a possibily a release can end up been sold out and you don't get option to purchase direct from Amazon

Most second sight releases now even sometimes months after release date Amazon UK there is still no option for shipping outside UK with Amazon as the seller
Before 2021 I could pre order all Second Sight Release from Amazon UK for delivery to Ireland

Last edited by paulboland; 12-19-2022 at 03:35 AM.
Old 12-19-2022, 08:18 AM   #487

Sep 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle15 View Post
This is a no-export-to-USA title like Dawn of The Dead. Same thing happened. When it's in-stock it'll have a message it won't ship to locations in the USA.
I'm not in the USA - we in Ye Olde Europe get the same message until close to release time.

Annoying, but there you go.
Old 12-19-2022, 10:47 AM   #488
Special Member

May 2014

I like the movie but will wait until SS issues a standard UHD.
Old 12-19-2022, 10:57 AM   #489
Special Member

Sep 2015
Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mole View Post
I like the movie but will wait until SS issues a standard UHD.
I believe, there already is:
https://www.zavvi.com/4k/martin-4k-u.../14202071.html

That's the edition I ordered!
Edit: I'm aware there'll be customs charges when using Zavvi, as well. But what can you do?

Last edited by Rollo Tomassi; 12-19-2022 at 11:25 AM.
Old 12-19-2022, 01:22 PM   #490
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010
Navan/Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo Tomassi View Post
I believe, there already is:
https://www.zavvi.com/4k/martin-4k-u.../14202071.html

That's the edition I ordered!
Edit: I'm aware there'll be customs charges when using Zavvi, as well. But what can you do?
Zavvi are IOSS registered for parcels shipped from guernsey
If shipped from guernsey it's non tracked as that warehouse only uses standard guernsey post
Even if you pay for tracked shipping

Most Zavvi pre orders are now sent tracked shipping in regards to international orders (This is why at checkout only tracked shipping option available)
You have 2 tracking numbers FIC tracking number (Fedex cross border) and a local tracking number
Orders sent tracked shipping are shipped from zavvi/hut warehouse in warrington custom clearance done by Fedex cross border vat paid as Zavvi pass on the vat payment to the courier
Local courier then do delivery when parcel arrives in your country (Local tracking number is only active when local courier gets your parcel)

When was the last time you done a pre order with Zavvi

If you not noticed Zavvi prices in Euro's for Martin and other recent pre orders added to Zavvi website in December are not correct
Waiting on Zavvi to fix this

Last edited by paulboland; 12-19-2022 at 01:54 PM.
Old 12-19-2022, 01:56 PM   #491
Special Member

Sep 2015
Germany

Quote:
Zavvi are IOSS registered for parcels shipped from guernsey
If shipped from guernsey it's non tracked as that warehouse only uses standard guernsey post
Even if you pay for tracked shipping

Most Zavvi pre orders though are now sent tracked in regards to international orders (This is why at checkout only tracked shipping option)
You have 2 tracking numbers FIC tracking number (Fedex cross border) and a local tracking number
Orders sent tracked shipping are shipped from zavvi/hut warehouse in warrington custom clearance done by Fedex cross border vat paid as Zavvi pass on the vat payment to the courier
Local courier then do delivery

When was the last time you done a pre order with Zavvi
It's been quite a while, actually! My last order with Zavvi was 2 years ago and I wasn't aware they became IOSS registered in the meantime! This certainly changes perspectives and opens up new opportunities...
So thank you for that information!
Old 12-19-2022, 03:21 PM   #492
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2009
Germany

I'm still thinking about ordering directly from SS and use a reshipper. This will cost me a small fortune, but I want to support SS whenever I can and since amazon seems to be no option either, SS seems to be the best bet.
Old 12-19-2022, 04:04 PM   #493
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2010
Navan/Ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo Tomassi View Post
It's been quite a while, actually! My last order with Zavvi was 2 years ago and I wasn't aware they became IOSS registered in the meantime! This certainly changes perspectives and opens up new opportunities...
So thank you for that information!
Tracked parcel are not sent using IOSS that only happens for order shipped from Zavvi warehouse based in Guernsey
That would be non tracked if shipped from Guernsey sent by standard Guernsey post using IOSS
It's mostly older back catalog stock now that gets shipped from Zavvi warehouse based Guernsey

Most pre order orders though are now shipped tracked from zavvi/hut warehouse based in warrington and not from Guernsey
IOSS not used on orders if dispatched using tracked shipping as Vat is paid by Zavvi on your behalf direct to the courier

When you get your dispatch email you should see track my order this takes you to Fedex Cross Border International Connect tracking website
2 tracking numbers will be listed on that tracking website

1) FIC tracking number (Starts with HUT) this is Fedex Cross Border International Connect (Note previously known as P2P Mailing and is not the same company as Fedex the Courier)
2) Local tracking number this only active when parcel arrives in destination country and parcel scanned by local courier or postal service

Last edited by paulboland; 12-19-2022 at 04:12 PM.
Thanks given by:
Rollo Tomassi (12-19-2022)
Old 12-19-2022, 04:31 PM   #494
Special Member

Sep 2015
Germany

Quote:
[Show spoiler]Tracked parcel are not sent using IOSS that only happens for order shipped from Zavvi warehouse based in Guernsey
That would be non tracked if shipped from Guernsey sent by standard Guernsey post using IOSS
It's mostly older back catalog stock now that gets shipped from Zavvi warehouse based Guernsey

Most pre order orders though are now shipped tracked from zavvi/hut warehouse based in warrington and not from Guernsey
IOSS not used on orders if dispatched using tracked shipping as Vat is paid by Zavvi on your behalf direct to the courier

When you get your dispatch email you should see track my order this takes you to Fedex Cross Border International Connect tracking website
2 tracking numbers will be listed on that tracking website

1) FIC tracking number (Starts with HUT) this is Fedex Cross Border International Connect (Note previously known as P2P Mailing and is not the same company as Fedex the Courier)
2) Local tracking number this only active when parcel arrives in destination country and parcel scanned by local courier or postal service
Wow, thank you so much for the input! I'll wait how Zavvi handles my delivery of Martin. If I'm satisfied I'll do business more frequently with them in the future!
Thanks given by:
paulboland (12-19-2022)
Old 12-19-2022, 07:03 PM   #495

Sep 2014
Florida

I've been using Zavvi to get the Arrow preorders here recently, and they have much improved the international shipping over the first few times I used them.

Also, at least for me, the speed of receiving the item depends on which port the parcel goes through. If it comes through the port of Miami, it goes through super quick. If it goes through New York, it generally takes a week or so to clear customs.
Old 12-19-2022, 10:13 PM   #496
Blu-ray Knight

Oct 2010
Er...Miami?

I'll probably get the standard 4K version: save my for The Hitcher limited edition set
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland