Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Back to the Future: The Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
£30.65
 
Star Trek: The Original Motion Picture 6-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
£69.20
 
Plunderer: Season One Part One (Blu-ray)
£14.99
16 hrs ago
The Hobbit: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
£33.99
 
Play for Today: Volume Three (Blu-ray)
£24.99
1 day ago
Black Adam 4K (Blu-ray)
£14.64
1 day ago
Lies & Deceit: Five Films by Claude Chabrol (Blu-ray)
£28.99
 
Shawscope Volume One (Blu-ray)
£66.99
 
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
£42.49
 
Neon Genesis Evangelion (Blu-ray)
£94.10
13 hrs ago
Kiss Me Deadly (Blu-ray)
£13.49
4 hrs ago
Husbands (Blu-ray)
£13.99
5 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 04-23-2013, 09:34 PM   #1
Phil92 Phil92 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Phil92's Avatar
 
Aug 2009
United Kingdom
16
233
1286
123
1
29
United Kingdom Identity Thief - 15th July, 2013

Available in a BD/UV Combo Pack this Summer from Universal Home Entertainment.

Personal notes: I didn't care for it. I love the main stars, but the film dies in the middle and never picks up.



Identity Thief Blu-ray
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:59 AM   #2
FilmFanSam FilmFanSam is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
FilmFanSam's Avatar
 
Feb 2012
Co. Cork, Ireland
807
108
7
11
335
Ireland

Missed this one in the cinemas.

Will pick it up.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:02 AM   #3
Blu MacReady Blu MacReady is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Blu MacReady's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
105
2037
735
1
1
Default

Not see it, like Jason Bateman so thought of blind buy, but even the trailor for this looks unfunny...And thats meant to show the best bits to make you want to see it !

No one I know who has seen it said it was good. Will wait until HMV include this in the 5 for 30 about 4 months after release.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:58 AM   #4
roshambo roshambo is offline
Member
 
roshambo's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
London
29
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam McCormack View Post
Missed this one in the cinemas.

Will pick it up.
Can I just ask why? - and this is by no means a jibe or anything like that - but i've just never understood why, when you've not seen something and it's going to be widely available to rent for about a quarter of the purchase price, you would buy it?

Appreciate its probably a collectors mentality, but i've never personally been inclined to purchase something I didn't already love.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:45 AM   #5
Blu MacReady Blu MacReady is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Blu MacReady's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
105
2037
735
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshambo View Post
Can I just ask why? - and this is by no means a jibe or anything like that - but i've just never understood why, when you've not seen something and it's going to be widely available to rent for about a quarter of the purchase price, you would buy it?

Appreciate its probably a collectors mentality, but i've never personally been inclined to purchase something I didn't already love.
Not for this film, my post earlier shows I'm not going to just buy this... But you've asked a good question......

For me its a bit of collectors mentality, but also an 'educated guess'. I'll blind buy Die Hard 5 because I love the first 3 and I really did enjoy part 4, fan of Bruce and these kind of action movies. I have the box set so will always want to put part 5 and if they do one part 6 in my collection.

Sometimes I'll buy after reading reviews and going on the actors and genre, I've bought a lot of horror and sci-fi from 70s - 00s.

I could pay 4 to rent first, but I'm a bit like 'I'll probably like this and will want to own it to watch again when I fancy. Its 14.99 so if I rent and like it I'll pay nearly 20 for the inevitable.' I could wait six months after I've rented to pick up the film for a bargin, but at that point its close what it was buying it day one (or preorder as that is a or two cheaper).

I didn't buy the Universal Classic Monsters coffin straight away, but when I was hearing it was going OOP and difficult to get etc. I found it online with Sainsburys (40) and bought it. Never seen any before, wanted this set, wanted to see these etc, but was waiting until price drop, then it was becoming OOP so I paid full price for a blind buy.

In my preorders below, Django. Haven't seen it, ordered through Tesco for 10. Won't pay cinema prices etc for me and the wife when we have a decent system at home and big screen etc, 10 is cheaper then the cinema to find I don't like it but want to see it because I like the directors previous films and same with the actors....If I rent this for 4 and do like it, well it'll cost me 15.99 in HMV + 4 blockbusters. Twice the cost.

Just happens like this for me. Do you only buy films you've seen before and love then ??

Last edited by Blu MacReady; 04-24-2013 at 10:49 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:19 PM   #6
roshambo roshambo is offline
Member
 
roshambo's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
London
29
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu MacReady View Post
Not for this film, my post earlier shows I'm not going to just buy this... But you've asked a good question......

For me its a bit of collectors mentality, but also an 'educated guess'. I'll blind buy Die Hard 5 because I love the first 3 and I really did enjoy part 4, fan of Bruce and these kind of action movies. I have the box set so will always want to put part 5 and if they do one part 6 in my collection.

Sometimes I'll buy after reading reviews and going on the actors and genre, I've bought a lot of horror and sci-fi from 70s - 00s.

I could pay 4 to rent first, but I'm a bit like 'I'll probably like this and will want to own it to watch again when I fancy. Its 14.99 so if I rent and like it I'll pay nearly 20 for the inevitable.' I could wait six months after I've rented to pick up the film for a bargin, but at that point its close what it was buying it day one (or preorder as that is a or two cheaper).

I didn't buy the Universal Classic Monsters coffin straight away, but when I was hearing it was going OOP and difficult to get etc. I found it online with Sainsburys (40) and bought it. Never seen any before, wanted this set, wanted to see these etc, but was waiting until price drop, then it was becoming OOP so I paid full price for a blind buy.

In my preorders below, Django. Haven't seen it, ordered through Tesco for 10. Won't pay cinema prices etc for me and the wife when we have a decent system at home and big screen etc, 10 is cheaper then the cinema to find I don't like it but want to see it because I like the directors previous films and same with the actors....If I rent this for 4 and do like it, well it'll cost me 15.99 in HMV + 4 blockbusters. Twice the cost.

Just happens like this for me. Do you only buy films you've seen before and love then ??
Quite honestly, yes.

Appreciate its purely a personal choice but I'm perfectly happy to rent something, see if I like it, and if I'm inclined to see it again I'll purchase it when it drops to a reasonable price.

A good example is 'This Is 40'; i'm a massive fan of Apatow's films previously (more Knocked Up and Funny People than the Pineapple Express end of the scale) but I missed it in cinemas. When it's released, i'll watch it at home and in the event I like it - and i'm sure I will - i'll purchase at a later date.

But I fully understand the differing mentalities and preferences. I'd never buy on day of release for a film I love, either, as they drop in price so soon after. Some people go nuts for pre-ordering but that's also not for me.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:34 PM   #7
Blu MacReady Blu MacReady is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Blu MacReady's Avatar
 
Dec 2011
105
2037
735
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by roshambo View Post
Quite honestly, yes.

Appreciate its purely a personal choice but I'm perfectly happy to rent something, see if I like it, and if I'm inclined to see it again I'll purchase it when it drops to a reasonable price.

A good example is 'This Is 40'; i'm a massive fan of Apatow's films previously (more Knocked Up and Funny People than the Pineapple Express end of the scale) but I missed it in cinemas. When it's released, i'll watch it at home and in the event I like it - and i'm sure I will - i'll purchase at a later date.

But I fully understand the differing mentalities and preferences. I'd never buy on day of release for a film I love, either, as they drop in price so soon after. Some people go nuts for pre-ordering but that's also not for me.
Trying to lean that way, I only preorder items I am desperate to see or am afraid of going OOP/OOS, not keen on paying scalpers eBay prices.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 01:48 PM   #8
roshambo roshambo is offline
Member
 
roshambo's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
London
29
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu MacReady View Post
Trying to lean that way, I only preorder items I am desperate to see or am afraid of going OOP/OOS, not keen on paying scalpers eBay prices.
Yeah, totally understand on limited edition stuff... I remember the heady days of pre-ordering the region 1 DVD of Basic Instinct in the ice case with ice-pick pen!
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 07:19 PM   #9
KRW1 KRW1 is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Oct 2012
45
Default

Quite possibly the worst film I've seen this year. Jason Bateman is not a guarantee of quality.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:44 PM   #10
aequalszero aequalszero is offline
Special Member
 
aequalszero's Avatar
 
Oct 2011
UK
2
Default

It was indeed profoundly disappointing. Although I thought McCarthy handled her character's inevitable 'turn' quite well, the movie as a whole was a bit of a non-starter.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Tags
comedy, identity thief, jason bateman, melissa mccarthy, slapstick

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:21 PM.