Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Columbia Classics Collection: Volume 1 4K (Blu-ray)
$112.99

Batman 4-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$59.96
5 hrs ago
A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.96
7 hrs ago
Laurel & Hardy (Blu-ray)
$59.99
8 hrs ago
Mad Max: Fury Road 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96
7 hrs ago
Uncut Gems (Blu-ray)
$17.36
5 hrs ago
Blade: Triple Feature (Blu-ray)
$9.96
5 hrs ago
Shrek: The Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.50

Jumanji: The Next Level (Blu-ray)
$15.00

Star Wars: Episode III - Revenge of the Sith 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.50

Despicable Me 3-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology

Old 01-10-2020, 03:21 PM   #19841

Mar 2017
Finland

For me physical is much more than watching the film or series... I collect my favourite films so that they in a way are "mine" and also cases are awesome to look at and steelbooks even more like art. Its a big hobby for me, still remembering how special peter jacksons king kong was and is to me when i bough the dvd in 2006, waited months it to arrive because i couldnt get to a theater at that young age. compared if i had just press the button and streamed it

Streaming doesnt have any special feel for me and its hard to find something to watch on netflix for example, i browse and browse and nothing and then if i find something its way easier somehow to get bored and just stop watching and do something else... Versus if im finding somethibg from my shelf to watch it feels more commitment and also i have propably paid more for that movie if its on 4k than couple of months worth of streaming...

Idk feels like movies and shows have become like throwaway stuff, buffet... There more shows and films made than ever before and i still watch way more old stuff than new. Im no watching x files on viaplay and im still buying the bluray set at some point but, only diffremce now is that many of these release wont have nordic release so theres no finnish subtitles :/

Last edited by Schwartzy; 01-10-2020 at 05:36 PM.
Thanks given by:
Ender14 (01-10-2020), Eschenpod (01-12-2020), InuYashaCrusade (01-12-2020), Steedeel (01-12-2020)
Old 01-10-2020, 03:24 PM   #19842

Jul 2010
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonesfan129 View Post
Does anyone here do Disc+Digital through VUDU? I often find this a good option. You get the streaming copy right away at purchase and the disc once it ships to you. When the disc gets to you, it has another streaming code in it that I can then turn around and trade. And the price is not much more than if I drove to Best Buy and just bought the disc.
Tried it once, the shipping cost kills it
Old 01-10-2020, 04:04 PM   #19843
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2011
End of the line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
This is very true. I soften mine in warm water first. Makes them softer and velvety.
Considering what your "end" use for them is, I can easily understand why.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (01-10-2020)
Old 01-10-2020, 04:23 PM   #19844
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
Considering what your "end" use for them is, I can easily understand why.
You got it!
Old 01-10-2020, 04:27 PM   #19845
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2009
ST George, Utah

Quote:
Does anyone here do Disc+Digital through VUDU? I often find this a good option. You get the streaming copy right away at purchase and the disc once it ships to you. When the disc gets to you, it has another streaming code in it that I can then turn around and trade. And the price is not much more than if I drove to Best Buy and just bought the disc.
I tried it when it first came out years ago, it's good when you want to watch the Movie early and get the Disc too. Vudu has a lot of options, I rented and watched Joker in 4K on a Rental Deal for $3. It was a Great Movie, and the Quality was Fantastic!
Old 01-11-2020, 05:10 AM   #19846
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2009
ST George, Utah

I have wanted to go to Fry's Electronics in Las Vegas to see how their Movie Section was doing, because I had a feeling it was disappearing. Well I wasn't far off, it seems the Company is in big trouble they may be closing. Some of their locations have closed, and their other stores have bare shelves. This store was a big favorite of mine, I have been to every store in the Bay Area, Las Vegas, and Dallas, TX. Electronics, Computers, and Physical Media are changing and we adapt or Fade Away!

https://www.youtube.com/results?sear...27s+closing%3F
Old 01-11-2020, 06:35 AM   #19847
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2011
End of the line

Quote:
Originally Posted by alchav21 View Post
I have wanted to go to Fry's Electronics in Las Vegas to see how their Movie Section was doing, because I had a feeling it was disappearing. Well I wasn't far off, it seems the Company is in big trouble they may be closing. Some of their locations have closed, and their other stores have bare shelves. This store was a big favorite of mine, I have been to every store in the Bay Area, Las Vegas, and Dallas, TX. Electronics, Computers, and Physical Media are changing and we adapt or Fade Away!

I got news for ya: we "fade away" regardless.

More titles are released on physical media than I can buy, so I have no need to lower my standards like you have. I much prefer the best in quality provided by physical media and when I buy something I actually own the purchased item. I get the silly little code, too, that redeems in who know's what resolution unless I take the time to research the damn thing.

As for your streaming review of the movie Joker, I haven't seen the movie yet, but seeing as you always claim that every.single.thing that you stream looks "Fantastic", I take your opinions with a dump truck load of salt. I'll eventually buy it on 4K disc and that will indeed look "Fantastic" if the reviews that I have read are any indication.

Last edited by Vilya; 01-11-2020 at 06:47 AM.
Thanks given by:
bruceames (01-12-2020), Ender14 (01-11-2020), Leslie Dame (01-11-2020), Steedeel (01-11-2020), Wendell R. Breland (01-11-2020)
Old 01-11-2020, 10:41 AM   #19848
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
I got news for ya: we "fade away" regardless.

More titles are released on physical media than I can buy, so I have no need to lower my standards like you have. I much prefer the best in quality provided by physical media and when I buy something I actually own the purchased item. I get the silly little code, too, that redeems in who know's what resolution unless I take the time to research the damn thing.

As for your streaming review of the movie Joker, I haven't seen the movie yet, but seeing as you always claim that every.single.thing that you stream looks "Fantastic", I take your opinions with a dump truck load of salt. I'll eventually buy it on 4K disc and that will indeed look "Fantastic" if the reviews that I have read are any indication.
That must mean gaming is fading away because some of Fry’s stores only have a handful of PS4 and Switch games. I think the multi billion investment in e-sports, gaming monitors, Augmented reality, AAA exclusives, mobile gaming, PC gaming, console games and VR Needs to be scrapped.

Someone needs to tell Sony, Microsoft, Steam, Dell, Nintendo, Alienware and all the software developers.

Thanks for letting us know Alchav, I can get rid of my 4K gaming monitor and my PS4/Switch.
Thanks given by:
Ender14 (01-11-2020)
Old 01-11-2020, 10:45 AM   #19849
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:

They just pretend to be closing when they see you coming.
Thanks given by:
Ender14 (01-11-2020), Vilya (01-11-2020)
Old 01-11-2020, 01:46 PM   #19850
Special Member

Apr 2017

Quote:

K-Mart closed 97% of its stores. I guess that means nobody cares about clothing, shoes, linen and bedding, jewelry, accessories, health and beauty products, electronics, toys, food, sporting goods, automotive, hardware, appliances, and pet products.

Circuit City closed down. I guess that means that nobody cares about electronics.

A&P closed down. I guess that means that nobody cares about groceries.

UltraViolet, Target Ticket, Yahoo! Screen, and quite a few other streaming services have shut down. I guess that means that nobody cares about streaming.
Thanks given by:
bruceames (01-12-2020), dublinbluray108 (01-13-2020), Ender14 (01-11-2020), flyry (01-21-2020), gotmule (01-12-2020), Steedeel (01-11-2020), Trekkie313 (01-12-2020), Vilya (01-11-2020), Wendell R. Breland (01-11-2020), zarquon (01-11-2020)
Old 01-11-2020, 02:55 PM   #19851
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2006
North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
They just pretend to be closing when they see you coming.
Now that was very and caused .
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (01-11-2020)
Old 01-11-2020, 03:44 PM   #19852

Jun 2016
Wisconsin

Physical media isn't dying and likely never will. It's just the way physical media is being sold that is changing. For example, I don't think I have been able to buy any CDs at a Best Buy for a few years. Even Walmart, who still has a CD section, barely has anything except recent popular music releases. But you go on Amazon or even eBay and you can get almost anything you want. Movies will be the same way. Big box stores may stop carrying them but go online and it's usually all available.
Old 01-11-2020, 04:58 PM   #19853
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2007
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by dublinbluray108 View Post
It is my birthday today. I am 30 years old.

happy belated Bday
Thanks given by:
dublinbluray108 (01-13-2020)
Old 01-11-2020, 05:16 PM   #19854
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2007
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Physical media isn't dying and likely never will. It's just the way physical media is being sold that is changing.
exactly with some stuff (like clothes, food...) there is a difference and some people sea a lot of intrinsic value in buying locally because they can pick exactly what they want (i.e. for example when I buy tomatoes I like picking some that are more ripe for immediate use and some that are a bit less ripe that can sit a few days on the counter, I can't do that over the internet). Movies, books, music (for the most part) does not matter where you buy them.
Old 01-12-2020, 01:43 AM   #19855
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2009
ST George, Utah

Quote:
Physical media isn't dying and likely never will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony P View Post
exactly with some stuff (like clothes, food...) there is a difference and some people sea a lot of intrinsic value in buying locally because they can pick exactly what they want (i.e. for example when I buy tomatoes I like picking some that are more ripe for immediate use and some that are a bit less ripe that can sit a few days on the counter, I can't do that over the internet). Movies, books, music (for the most part) does not matter where you buy them.
Sure, sure, just keep thinking that way don't pay attention to the facts. No Blu-ray Players at CES 2020. Disc sales going down, only a few Blu-ray Disc Manufactures left. Firmware upgrades on BD Players lagging like Panasonic. Oppo Players on their last leg with problematic Players being sent back. If you were a betting person would you put your money on Discs or Streaming?

Last edited by alchav21; 01-12-2020 at 02:56 AM.
Old 01-12-2020, 03:46 AM   #19856
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2018

Quote:
Sure, sure, just keep thinking that way don't pay attention to the facts. No Blu-ray Players at CES 2020. Disc sales going down, only a few Blu-ray Disc Manufactures left. Firmware upgrades on BD Players lagging like Panasonic. Oppo Players on their last leg with problematic Players being sent back. If you were a betting person would you put your money on Discs or Streaming?
Old 01-12-2020, 03:52 AM   #19857
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2012
Novato, CA

Quote:
If you were a betting person would you put your money on Discs or Streaming?
For movie purchases it would be disc. But neither are going anywhere so why do you think it has to be one or the other?
Thanks given by:
Geoff D (01-16-2020), sapiendut (01-12-2020), Trekkie313 (01-12-2020), Vilya (01-12-2020)
Old 01-12-2020, 04:26 AM   #19858
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2011
End of the line

Quote:
You are the LAST person who should even use the word "facts" in a sentence; they are as alien to you as you are to reason itself.

We don't need new models of disc players announced every year unless there are significant improvements being offered. Plenty of nice disc players remain on the market and the Playstation 5 equipped with a 4K disc drive is coming.

I haven't seen any new AVRs announced at CES, either. I'm sure that you similarly deduced with that cranial muscle of yours that there is no longer any consumer interest in them, too.

Purchases in general are in decline, not just discs, but you are the only person here so dense as to suggest that purchasing content is in danger of complete collapse based upon nothing more than yet another one of your idiotic visits to a single store- and to one that is apparently closing for good at that.

Firmware updates continue to be offered when necessary; it is not uncommon to go a long time without any. Two or three per year is typical for an established player.

I own two Oppos and both are just fine. Neither have ever required any servicing and they are nowhere near to being on their "last legs." Every make and model of anything made have a few defective units in circulation; it is why manufactured goods carry warranties. Oppo is still honoring their warranties and they continue to service out of warranty models as well. You continually speak about things of which you know nothing, but I guess if you didn't you would be a mute.

Buying something that you do not actually own is a sucker's bet and that is why it suits you so well. Some of us value actual ownership along with the best quality and these are two concepts utterly lost upon the likes of you. You go ahead and put all of your faith in a corporation to safeguard your purchases; what could possibly go wrong?

Here is a product that was announced at CES that you can use: a robot that brings you more toilet paper when you run out. Someone as chronically full of it as yourself could really benefit from this gadget; I hear you can load it with digital code sheets, too.

https://www.techradar.com/news/ran-o...ng-you-a-spare

Last edited by Vilya; 01-12-2020 at 06:04 AM.
Thanks given by:
Dynamo of Eternia (01-18-2020), Ender14 (01-13-2020), Steedeel (01-12-2020), Trekkie313 (01-12-2020), Wendell R. Breland (01-12-2020)
Old 01-12-2020, 04:26 AM   #19859
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2010
Ohio

Quote:
Physical media isn't dying and likely never will. It's just the way physical media is being sold that is changing. For example, I don't think I have been able to buy any CDs at a Best Buy for a few years. Even Walmart, who still has a CD section, barely has anything except recent popular music releases. But you go on Amazon or even eBay and you can get almost anything you want. Movies will be the same way. Big box stores may stop carrying them but go online and it's usually all available.
My nearest Best Buy still has CDs
Old 01-12-2020, 05:22 AM   #19860
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2011
End of the line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkie313 View Post
My nearest Best Buy still has CDs
I can still readily buy everything that all of these Nostradumbasses have said that I would no longer be able to even here in my little rural corner of Americana. Every year since at least 2014 I have been told that physical media of every type is dead and yet I am still buying all of it that I want here and now in 2020.

You'd think being dead wrong for 7 consecutive years, and for far longer with CDs, would cause them to STFU, but nope, they just keep going like a bunch of Energizer dumb bunnies.

Last edited by Vilya; 01-12-2020 at 05:53 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology