Best 3D Blu-ray Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Pete Walker Collection Volume 2 (Blu-ray)
$43.94
 
The Meg 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.51
 
In the Heart of the Sea 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.30
 
Insurgent 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.32
 
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99
 
Priest 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Pina 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
The Smurfs 2 in 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
 
Bait 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.69
 
Wonder Woman 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.58
 
The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.89
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2020, 07:58 PM   #21
Lee A Stewart Lee A Stewart is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Lee A Stewart's Avatar
 
Jan 2019
Albuquerque, NM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8traxrule View Post
Go away, troll. We get it- you're happy that 3D hasn't succeeded.
Ah but you are wrong zealot. I have no feelings about the demise of 3D. But don't worry. It will return. It always does.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 10:22 PM   #22
BLMN BLMN is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Feb 2011
Southern NH
86
509
37
8
Default

This has been done before a few years ago, at some point somebody at the LG presidents office will reply but it won’t be the reply we are all looking for unfortunately.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 11:19 PM   #23
Lee A Stewart Lee A Stewart is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Lee A Stewart's Avatar
 
Jan 2019
Albuquerque, NM
Default

You want it to work - here's how:

Hire an attorney.

Gather 10,000 names with each person giving that attorney $1000 which he will hold in escrow: $10 million dollars. The attorney will get in touch with LG.

LG gets the money when they provide a 3D compatible 65" 4K HDR LCD TV using Passive 3D tech. All they have to do is make a special run of 10,000 units. They can ship them to the dealers closest to the names on the list for pickup.

Put your money where your mouth is or don't bother LG.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 05:07 PM   #24
MattmanAlpha MattmanAlpha is offline
Active Member
 
MattmanAlpha's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
The Greatest State in the Union, FL
12
1104
456
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee A Stewart View Post
And yet 3D failed in the home. It was short lived and replaced first by 4K then 4K HDR.

So your little argument sounds nice but in fact only holds true for the last holdouts of 3D - like you. That's why the TV manufacturers no longer make 3D TVs.
This belongs on a different thread, but I'll address it here anyway. Remember that time 3D TVs were available for $150 at Walmart on Black Friday? Neither do I.

They were expensive and stayed expensive. The movies (with exceptions) were also expensive, which did not change until the format was on the outs. Even at the launch of 4K UHD, titles were already being sold around the $20-25 range. Compare that to 3D titles like the first "Captain America", which comfortably sat at or around $35, while the standard BD was easy to snag at $15.

3D bombed as a home format because of pricing and marketing, not because of glasses or "multitasking". 4K itself succeeds in the market because it is readily accessible to budget-minded consumers as a normal evolution to HD. High end 4K HDR (Dolby Vision) is currently a niche, much like 3D, for similar reasons.

The justification for including upper end formats of HDR on higher tier TVs is the same justification for including 3D on higher tier TVs.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
8traxrule (11-28-2020)
Old 08-25-2021, 06:04 PM   #25
Jlardonio Jlardonio is online now
Senior Member
 
Jul 2021
Aveiro, Portugal
Default

Is that hard to have 3D on a 4K TV since it's already well done tech?
What i think is that 4K is being lobbied full throttle because the tech came and side by side with 3D it would lose big time. So brands and studios greedy executives thought that 4K and next 8K should be marketed as the next step of 3D misleading consumers that with those equipments they would get the same experience as the 3D TVs.
By the way... the U.S. aren't the center of the planet. Showing numbers of sales in the U.S. doesn't represent the world whatsoever, that's why 3D kept being released everywhere, except the U.S., mainly.
If LG doesn't want to produce these equipments, why can't another brand, a second line brand, be doing these types of TVs? That second line brand could be doing a single model of smarttv with 4K and passive 3D and other without the smarttv capability with equally specs and quality as the LG ones. It wouldn't be an LG... but who cares nowadays, right? If it works and has quality for me is just fine. It could be even selled without glasses... passive 3D glasses can be found everywhere and for those who wear prescription ones there's clip-on ones that can be put over the frame of them.
What we need is to find a second line brand that is fond to go with the project, also it would make those equipments relatively cheap compared to a premium brand as LG.
I have an LG 42LW5500 and i love it, but another brand with passive 3D as good as the LG one is a go for me.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
RitwikKN2002 (08-26-2021)
Old 09-12-2021, 10:55 PM   #26
8traxrule 8traxrule is offline
Special Member
 
Jul 2009
Default

I got an invite from LG this week for a survey- funny since it's been nearly 5 years since I bought their TV. The link is open to everyone, so people here should do this at least if they already have an LG:

https://www.cvent.com/surveys/Questi...9819a70f1&ma=0

Of course I gave 3D capability as the thing I like best about my TV, and how disgusted I am that their new TVs don't have it. One of the questions is "What could we do to make you say 'I love LG!'?" and the answer I gave was there was nothing they could do to make me say that other than return 3D capability at least to their biggest and highest-priced models.

In response to a few prior posts here, 3D and 4K aren't really "competing" technologies since it's possible for TVs such as mine to do both; it was a huge mistake though for the 4K disc format not to support 3D. Even so, pretty much every decent-sized TV available now has 4K capability so people are getting that whether they want it or not (as has been said, many people are still watching standard DVDs!) If 4K were only included on a few select models and priced higher, it would likely have a generally lukewarm response from most consumers as well. If 3D had been treated the same way and gotten included on nearly every TV sold, the industry right now could be concentrating on getting more people to watch and pay for 3D content.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Jlardonio (09-15-2021)
Old 09-13-2021, 01:01 AM   #27
BLMN BLMN is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Feb 2011
Southern NH
86
509
37
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jlardonio View Post
Is that hard to have 3D on a 4K TV since it's already well done tech?
What i think is that 4K is being lobbied full throttle because the tech came and side by side with 3D it would lose big time. So brands and studios greedy executives thought that 4K and next 8K should be marketed as the next step of 3D misleading consumers that with those equipments they would get the same experience as the 3D TVs.
By the way... the U.S. aren't the center of the planet. Showing numbers of sales in the U.S. doesn't represent the world whatsoever, that's why 3D kept being released everywhere, except the U.S., mainly.
If LG doesn't want to produce these equipments, why can't another brand, a second line brand, be doing these types of TVs? That second line brand could be doing a single model of smarttv with 4K and passive 3D and other without the smarttv capability with equally specs and quality as the LG ones. It wouldn't be an LG... but who cares nowadays, right? If it works and has quality for me is just fine. It could be even selled without glasses... passive 3D glasses can be found everywhere and for those who wear prescription ones there's clip-on ones that can be put over the frame of them.
What we need is to find a second line brand that is fond to go with the project, also it would make those equipments relatively cheap compared to a premium brand as LG.
I have an LG 42LW5500 and i love it, but another brand with passive 3D as good as the LG one is a go for me.
I am just gonna sit and wait for Lee to reply to this
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 06:00 AM   #28
Lee A Stewart Lee A Stewart is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Lee A Stewart's Avatar
 
Jan 2019
Albuquerque, NM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLMN View Post
I am just gonna sit and wait for Lee to reply to this
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
BLMN (09-13-2021)
Old 09-13-2021, 05:59 PM   #29
8traxrule 8traxrule is offline
Special Member
 
Jul 2009
Default

3D failed, nobody was supposed to actually like it, everyone is perfectly happy with regular DVDs.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 06:45 PM   #30
Lee A Stewart Lee A Stewart is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Lee A Stewart's Avatar
 
Jan 2019
Albuquerque, NM
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8traxrule View Post
3D failed, nobody was supposed to actually like it, everyone is perfectly happy with regular DVDs.
Besides have more content released on a regular basis, and the fact that BD depends on new releases, there is a very important reason for DVD still maintaining a 60/40 sales split with BD (includes UHD-BD)



https://www.mediaplaynews.com/resear...ended-8-28-21/
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 02:40 AM   #31
Jlardonio Jlardonio is online now
Senior Member
 
Jul 2021
Aveiro, Portugal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8traxrule View Post
I got an invite from LG this week for a survey- funny since it's been nearly 5 years since I bought their TV. The link is open to everyone, so people here should do this at least if they already have an LG:

http://www.cvent.com/surveys/Questio...9-bd99819a70f1

Of course I gave 3D capability as the thing I like best about my TV, and how disgusted I am that their new TVs don't have it. One of the questions is "What could we do to make you say 'I love LG!'?" and the answer I gave was there was nothing they could do to make me say that other than return 3D capability at least to their biggest and highest-priced models.

In response to a few prior posts here, 3D and 4K aren't really "competing" technologies since it's possible for TVs such as mine to do both; it was a huge mistake though for the 4K disc format not to support 3D. Even so, pretty much every decent-sized TV available now has 4K capability so people are getting that whether they want it or not (as has been said, many people are still watching standard DVDs!) If 4K were only included on a few select models and priced higher, it would likely have a generally lukewarm response from most consumers as well. If 3D had been treated the same way and gotten included on nearly every TV sold, the industry right now could be concentrating on getting more people to watch and pay for 3D content.
Your example isn't the actual picture. Sure it was back then, but even then the 4K was being pushed hard while the 3D was being hidden.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 02:45 AM   #32
Jlardonio Jlardonio is online now
Senior Member
 
Jul 2021
Aveiro, Portugal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLMN View Post
I am just gonna sit and wait for Lee to reply to this
Like if i needed that for my happiness.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2021, 02:47 AM   #33
Jlardonio Jlardonio is online now
Senior Member
 
Jul 2021
Aveiro, Portugal
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee A Stewart View Post
Likewise.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:07 AM.