Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Meg 3D (Blu-ray)
$32.51

The Pete Walker Collection Volume 2 (Blu-ray)
$43.94

Metalstorm: The Destruction of Jared-Syn 3D (Blu-ray)
$15.30

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs 3D (Blu-ray)
$5.99

Priest 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Pina 3D (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Bait 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.69

Wonder Woman 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.58

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.89

The 3-D Nudie-Cuties Collection 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.71

Wings of the Hawk 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 09-14-2021, 03:16 PM   #641
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just_Discovered_3D View Post
On a side note, where can I get a decent pair of anaglyph glasses?

I tried some from scAmazon and the reviews were dead-on: the red lenses are way too dark, creating left eye strain, impairing 3D, and imparting a lifeless, almost sepia tone on the colors.
Buy yourself a copy of the DYNASTY Blu and presto, you’ll have a pair approved by the 3DFA AND one of the best Silver Age 3-D films there is!
Thanks given by:
RA1D3R (09-14-2021), robtadrian (09-14-2021)
Old 09-14-2021, 11:13 PM   #642
Special Member

May 2011
New York State

I bought what amounts to anaglyphic sunglass clips from Amazon. More comfortable than using paper glasses.
Old 09-15-2021, 01:52 AM   #643

Aug 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtchance View Post
I bought what amounts to anaglyphic sunglass clips from Amazon. More comfortable than using paper glasses.
I saw something like that on Amazon but the ones I saw also had the review about the red being too dark. How are yours?

One of the alternate color schemes, like ColorGuard, seem like they could be fun to try out, are they any good?

Thanks for the Dynasty mention. I'm planning to snag it to compare how its classic kung fu fights look vs SC's modern CGI kung fu, and I hadn't noticed it shipped with the glasses. Is it the most modern release with an anaglyph bluray option?
Old 09-15-2021, 02:03 AM   #644
Special Member

May 2011
New York State

Quote:
I saw something like that on Amazon but the ones I saw also had the review about the red being too dark. How are yours?

One of the alternate color schemes, like ColorGuard, seem like they could be fun to try out, are they any good?

Thanks for the Dynasty mention. I'm planning to snag it to compare how its classic kung fu fights look vs SC's modern CGI kung fu, and I hadn't noticed it shipped with the glasses. Is it the most modern release with an anaglyph bluray option?
I tested it with both SILENT MADNESS & DYNASTY. I thought they were quite effective as far as I was concerned.
Old 09-15-2021, 03:09 AM   #645
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2013

I’m so SO glad I snagged a 65” of Sony’s last 3-D compatible 4K LED TV model while the getting was good. After all the firmware updates there’s almost never any crosstalk, not even on the heavy duty Golden Age titles like THE MAZE or DIAL M except for a few isolated instances here and there. Waaaaay better than my early-adopter 2010 Samsung. And amazing titles like ROBOT MONSTER, SHOGUN WOMEN and TREASURE OF THE FOUR CROWNS are still on the way! I’m in 3-D heaven.
Thanks given by:
Camps (09-15-2021)
Old 09-15-2021, 04:12 AM   #646

Aug 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaverBoy View Post
I’m so SO glad I snagged a 65” of Sony’s last 3-D compatible 4K LED TV model while the getting was good. After all the firmware updates there’s almost never any crosstalk, not even on the heavy duty Golden Age titles like THE MAZE or DIAL M except for a few isolated instances here and there. Waaaaay better than my early-adopter 2010 Samsung. And amazing titles like ROBOT MONSTER, SHOGUN WOMEN and TREASURE OF THE FOUR CROWNS are still on the way! I’m in 3-D heaven.
Is Dial M for Murder a heavy 3D title? I haven't yet seen it, but I'd gotten the expectation from reviews, like the official one here, that it was meh on the 3D.

Does your TV mean you have the rare opportunity to have properly passive 3D with each eye getting 1080p?

I think I'd like to try proper passive 3D, as I don't know that I ever have, not outside of maybe a theme park, as my understanding is that RealD does not simultaneously project both the left and right eye.
Old 09-15-2021, 04:22 AM   #647
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2013

Quote:
Is Dial M for Murder a heavy 3D title? I haven't yet seen it, but I'd gotten the expectation from reviews, like the official one here, that it was meh on the 3D.

Does your TV mean you have the rare opportunity to have properly passive 3D with each eye getting 1080p?

I think I'd like to try proper passive 3D, as I don't know that I ever have, not outside of maybe a theme park, as my understanding is that RealD does not simultaneously project both the left and right eye.
DIAL M has very nice depth, not so much pop out except for the murder scene. It’s just that that particular title is known to be crosstalky on some displays (the fault of the displays, not the disc), so if your display can do justice to DIAL M, you’re gold. My setup is active 3-D, the Sony Bravia XBR65Z9D. If you can find one I’d highly recommend it. Pretty much universally regarded as one of the best LED models ever produced, and the 3-D is spectacular; the glasses are even lightweight and comfortable, which is definitely not the case with some other active 3-D glasses I’ve used on other setups, such as my older Samsung. I’m absolutely in love with this thing.

Last edited by WaverBoy; 09-15-2021 at 04:31 AM.
Old 09-15-2021, 07:11 PM   #648
Power Member

Dec 2011
Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaverBoy View Post
DIAL M has very nice depth, not so much pop out except for the murder scene..
Extreme pop-out moments:

[Show spoiler]At 44:04 Margot's arm.

At 44:30 the killers head, shoulders, arms and the scissors pop out of the screen when he falls to the ground. His head is more than halfway out into my home theatre room. It's only for about three seconds so it's easy to miss.

At 1:45:24 key in hand.

I'm watching this on a 130 inch screen from 12 feet away. What's amazing about this 3D is that it makes me feel I am in the room with them.
Thanks given by:
jaws3dfan (09-15-2021), Jimmy_Melnarik (09-15-2021), RitwikKN2002 (09-15-2021), WaverBoy (09-15-2021)
Old 09-15-2021, 08:10 PM   #649
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinerama View Post
Extreme pop-out moments:

[Show spoiler]At 44:04 Margot's arm.

At 44:30 the killers head, shoulders, arms and the scissors pop out of the screen when he falls to the ground. His head is more than halfway out into my home theatre room. It's only for about three seconds so it's easy to miss.

At 1:45:24 key in hand.

I'm watching this on a 130 inch screen from 12 feet away. What's amazing about this 3D is that it makes me feel I am in the room with them.
Yep, that murder scene is fantastic, and I must have forgotten about that bit later on you mentioned, gonna rewatch it tonight just for that!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies