Best PS5 Games Deals

Best PS5 Games Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade (PS5)
$49.99
6 hrs ago
Resident Evil Village (PS5)
$44.99
11 hrs ago
Marvel's Avengers (PS5)
$19.99

Tribes of Midgard (PS5)
$24.59
1 day ago
Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance (PS5)
$34.79

Cris Tales (PS5)
$29.99

Battlefield 2042 (PS5)
$69.88

Fifa 21 (PS5)
$29.99

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 (PS5)
$41.87

Oddworld: Soulstorm (PS5)
$41.99

Hades (PS5)
$29.88

Monster Energy Supercross 4 (PS5)
$26.49

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5

Old 09-12-2021, 06:35 PM   #201
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

GTAV is actually a great game with a fun, immersive story for 2013, and the impressive PS4 version additions of the ability to play as an animal, bird, dog, etc. and have a first person view on foot as well as interior dash views were great.

Those were significant improvements to the 2013 game that made me happy to purchase GTAV for my PS4 thanks to an awesome deal from Target (Trade in GTAV PS3 and only pay $30 for the PS4 version compared to $59.99).

Michael is my favorite character, then Franklin, and then I'm not a fan of Trevor but the game doesn't give you a choice during his missions.

Now if they added a 4th character, a create a character mode for offline story mode, that would be awesome and maybe worth another look.

But Rockstar is showing how lazy as hell they are with this trailer that was supposed to shock people with the amazing improvements, of which I don't see any. Some say Take 2 is controlling them. When has that ever been the case at Rockstar? Rockstar themselves confirmed they lost interest in making single player content since GTAV Online took off so much and was a gold mine.
Old 09-13-2021, 09:17 AM   #202
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Expecting a new GTA game would be like expecting a new Fortnite game.
Old 09-13-2021, 01:12 PM   #203
Blu-ray Duke

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
Expecting a new GTA game would be like expecting a new Fortnite game.
Tbf to Fortnite, the Battle Royale mode completely took over and very few even remember that the "Save the World" co-op mode was the first released and main thing Epic wanted. Now with the BR massively popular, Epic have found an amazing money spinning machine to where they constantly update the story like an MMORPG would as well as releasing the new story in a simple way with focus on big live events sprinkled throughout the year with lucrative sponsorship and collaboration deals. It really is lightning in a bottle.

GTA however doesn't deserve the crap R* have pulled. Even though GTA V sold so well, paywalling GTA Online is what made it keep selling as much imo. That mode should have gone free to play by now.

The fact that R* are willing to divert resources from actually making a proper new GTA entry is what concerns me.
Old 09-13-2021, 03:11 PM   #204
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA
Exclamation

I guess Rockstar looks at it like GTAV is maintained sort of like Fortnite or World of Warcraft and other online only games, where they can keep evolving the world with new additions/distractions while raking in the dollars for those who enjoy online gaming.

Nothing wrong with that except for the fact they've completely neglected the single player fans completely with the exception of Red Dead Redemption 2 years ago for PS4 in 2018. That was a solid game thankfully and worth the 5 year wait since GTAV's 2013 release on PS3.

As already mentioned, apparently Rockstar is rumored to be secretly working on GTA remakes and maybe a GTAVI since the release of Red Dead Redemption 2 in 2018. But with a re-release of GTAV in 2022, the odds of a new GTA game popping up in the same year seems slim. I'd say 2023 at the earliest for any new GTA remake or game, as they'll want a year for gamers to digest the online portion of GTAV PS5.

Quote:
For the sake of reference, Rockstar's December 2013 Newswire post claims the developer then had "big plans for substantial additions in 2014" where it would continue "Michael, Franklin and Trevor's action, mayhem and unexpected adventures in Southern San Andreas." Elsewhere in GI's interview, however, Sarwar highlights mid-2014 as a turning point for GTA Online—whereafter supporting its ever-increasing playerbase with a host of updates clearly became priority.
https://www.pcgamer.com/grand-theft-...le-player-dlc/
That's an old article for 2017, but it's still accurate for today. Take Two said to their shareholders regarding GTAV Online, "We're now on track to deliver a new record for Grand Theft Auto Online recurrent consumer spending in fiscal 2020," Strauss H. Zelnick, CEO of Take-Two Interactive, said during the earnings call. "Sales of Grand Theft Auto V also exceeded our expectations, and the title has now sold in more than 120 million units."

So why would they want to divert all that income flow to a new game that has to start all over from scratch? No hurry for Rockstar to release new games is the sad state of Rockstar.
Old 09-13-2021, 04:53 PM   #205
Blu-ray Duke

Feb 2007
United Kingdom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
I guess Rockstar looks at it like GTAV is maintained sort of like Fortnite or World of Warcraft and other online only games, where they can keep evolving the world with new additions/distractions while raking in the dollars for those who enjoy online gaming.

Nothing wrong with that except for the fact they've completely neglected the single player fans completely with the exception of Red Dead Redemption 2 years ago for PS4 in 2018. That was a solid game thankfully and worth the 5 year wait since GTAV's 2013 release on PS3.

As already mentioned, apparently Rockstar is rumored to be secretly working on GTA remakes and maybe a GTAVI since the release of Red Dead Redemption 2 in 2018. But with a re-release of GTAV in 2022, the odds of a new GTA game popping up in the same year seems slim. I'd say 2023 at the earliest for any new GTA remake or game, as they'll want a year for gamers to digest the online portion of GTAV PS5.

That's an old article for 2017, but it's still accurate for today. Take Two said to their shareholders regarding GTAV Online, "We're now on track to deliver a new record for Grand Theft Auto Online recurrent consumer spending in fiscal 2020," Strauss H. Zelnick, CEO of Take-Two Interactive, said during the earnings call. "Sales of Grand Theft Auto V also exceeded our expectations, and the title has now sold in more than 120 million units."

So why would they want to divert all that income flow to a new game that has to start all over from scratch? No hurry for Rockstar to release new games is the sad state of Rockstar.
The majority of GTA V income imo now is from maybe digital sales and then they add on to the MTX for GTA Online. Tbh, they'll never imo probably have the same sales again for GTA 6 and they're worried so they're milking it till it goes powdered.
Old 09-13-2021, 05:45 PM   #206
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by NARMAK View Post
The majority of GTA V income imo now is from maybe digital sales and then they add on to the MTX for GTA Online. Tbh, they'll never imo probably have the same sales again for GTA 6 and they're worried so they're milking it till it goes powdered.
That's true. The only way things will change is when online sales for GTAV Online slow down to a level where Rockstar feels the ship has finally sailed and people are finally sick of it.

That fallout of gamers slowly trickling away from more GTAV could actually be inspired by the reaction Rockstar got to their premiere GTAV PS5 trailer in the Sony Showcase last week, along with slow PS5 console sales.
Old 09-14-2021, 10:53 PM   #207
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

As far as rumored remakes of the first GTA PS2 games, GTA San Andreas, Vice City and GTA3, an apparent NVidia leak of games being tested sort of confirm the games are going to be mere remasters and not remakes.

Remasters being much easier to crank out than to remake all the graphics like with Shadow of the Colossus from PS3 to PS4. So very little work required by Rockstar in other words if true.

I already have the trilogy I got for $17 in 1080p HD and they run poorly even on a PS5, with Vice City having frame rate stalling every 10 seconds or so. I believe the games are meant to be played on PS3 or PS4, so that's my fault for playing them on PS5. The 1080p looks so much better and more crisp than the blurry, muddy PS2 graphics.
Old 09-15-2021, 02:06 AM   #208
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2017
Gotham City

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
As far as rumored remakes of the first GTA PS2 games, GTA San Andreas, Vice City and GTA3, an apparent NVidia leak of games being tested sort of confirm the games are going to be mere remasters and not remakes.

Remasters being much easier to crank out than to remake all the graphics like with Shadow of the Colossus from PS3 to PS4. So very little work required by Rockstar in other words if true.

I already have the trilogy I got for $17 in 1080p HD and they run poorly even on a PS5, with Vice City having frame rate stalling every 10 seconds or so. I believe the games are meant to be played on PS3 or PS4, so that's my fault for playing them on PS5. The 1080p looks so much better and more crisp than the blurry, muddy PS2 graphics.
I had a feeling it was going to remasters not remakes. Thereís really no reason for remakes cause thereís nothing wrong with the games. If Rockstar did remake these then they wouldnít be selling them together they would have released them one by one.
Old 09-15-2021, 03:03 AM   #209
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman90 View Post
I had a feeling it was going to remasters not remakes. Thereís really no reason for remakes cause thereís nothing wrong with the games. If Rockstar did remake these then they wouldnít be selling them together they would have released them one by one.
There was a rumor they would upgrade the textures and increase the polygons, but there's no proof of that and that would fall more in line with a remake, since the additional polygons would affect the memory and code of the game significantly if it was adjusted from the original PS2 code lines.

I would expect the bare minimum from Rockstar these days, so remasters fit in line with their new approach to game development. I would like to be wrong about them, but the results speak loudly that they have lost their inspiration for new games in the past 8 years regarding their flagship Grand Theft Auto series.
Old 09-15-2021, 05:05 PM   #210
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Send a message via MSN to The Apocalypse

Looks like it's going to be another long, comfortable wait before I buy this. I ain't giving full dimes to Rockstar for a "remaster" of a remaster, and I am being extremely generous with that term, for lack of a better word. Let's not forget Agent, from which resources were apparently pulled to help with GTA V and RDR 2 among other things.
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (09-15-2021)
Old 09-15-2021, 07:11 PM   #211
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2017
Gotham City

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apocalypse View Post
Looks like it's going to be another long, comfortable wait before I buy this. I ain't giving full dimes to Rockstar for a "remaster" of a remaster, and I am being extremely generous with that term, for lack of a better word. Let's not forget Agent, from which resources were apparently pulled to help with GTA V and RDR 2 among other things.
I was planning on buying this but I’ll stick with the PS4 version. The game still looks good and there’s no way they can make it look as good as RDR 2 unless they completely remake it.
Old 09-15-2021, 10:47 PM   #212
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Apocalypse View Post
Yes, Agent from Rockstar was supposed to be released for the PS3. It's still a work in progress and hasn't been fully canceled. Rockstar is taking after Ico Team with The Last Guardian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman90 View Post
I was planning on buying this but Iíll stick with the PS4 version. The game still looks good and thereís no way they can make it look as good as RDR 2 unless they completely remake it.
That's true, the PS4 version still looks very good.
One thing that is a bit different though are the controls from the PS4 controller to the PS5 controller. The analogs are more precise and easier to push on PS4 DS, while on PS5, it's more blunt and less precise, so now playing PS4 GTAV on PS5 with PS5 controllers, the bikes flick too abruptly, making for less of a smooth ride. Oh well. I can switch controllers.
Old Yesterday, 03:28 AM   #213
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

GTA V came out 8 years ago today. Itís hard to believe that instead of talking about GTA VI weíre talking about GTA V getting delayed again.
Old Yesterday, 09:37 AM   #214
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
GTA V came out 8 years ago today. Itís hard to believe that instead of talking about GTA VI weíre talking about GTA V getting delayed again.
I remember having a blast on the PS3 version at launch. Finished the story on PS3 as well.

Didnít put much time into PS4 version other than checking out the graphical improvements & online improvements.

Who the F doesnít have GTA V?

Itís been in the Top 10 PHYSICAL sales list in the U.K. every month for the last 96 months.
Thanks given by:
Mavrick (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:40 AM   #215
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
I remember having a blast on the PS3 version at launch. Finished the story on PS3 as well.

Didnít put much time into PS4 version other than checking out the graphical improvements & online improvements.

Who the F doesnít have GTA V?

Itís been in the Top 10 PHYSICAL sales list in the U.K. every month for the last 96 months.
Yep, it hasn't left the charts since it launched pretty much.

I think it is because the current version of the game comes with like $1m online credit and it's cheaper to buy the Premium Edition than it is to buy the credits lol So the game stays in the charts because someone is buying it for the 50th time and just throwing the disc straight in the bin.
Thanks given by:
Derb (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 10:51 AM   #216
Blu-ray Duke

Sep 2008
Vancouver, B.C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
Yep, it hasn't left the charts since it launched pretty much.

I think it is because the current version of the game comes with like $1m online credit and it's cheaper to buy the Premium Edition than it is to buy the credits lol So the game stays in the charts because someone is buying it for the 50th time and just throwing the disc straight in the bin.
Thanks for clearly that up.

I stopped following the game years ago.
Old Yesterday, 07:09 PM   #217
Blu-ray Prince

Dec 2011
USA

At this point in time, this is the worst Rockstar has ever done among its fans with its lazy re-release of GTAV at the moment. If they have big surprises for the game, reveal them right away on the first impression. Not in 2022 after most people have given up on the game for PS5. But chances are there are no real surprises based on that repetitious trailer.

Their new Sony Showcase GTAV trailer for March 2022 has:
36,000 thumbs up versus 177,000 thumbs down.

Best way to tell Rockstar "enough already" is to save your money for new games that actually put a real effort in worth rewarding. Otherwise buying it is like telling them it's okay to keep cranking out the same game each generation.
Old Today, 03:42 PM   #218
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2010
Send a message via MSN to The Apocalypse

The good news for me at least is that I've never actually bought and owned a copy of prior releases myself, yes, I've played them at my friend's house, but haven't given a dime to own a copy myself. That said, I may purchase this.... once the undoubtedly undeserving price falls, which I surmise shouldn't take too long. I ain't giving premium money to an... um.... "enhanced" version of a game crossed over three generations.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS5