Best iTunes Movie Deals

Best iTunes Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Godzilla vs. Kong (iTunes)
$9.99
20 hrs ago
Murder on the Orient Express (iTunes)
$4.99
20 hrs ago
Heat (iTunes)
$4.99
20 hrs ago
Treasure Planet (iTunes)
$7.99
20 hrs ago
The Grand Budapest Hotel (iTunes)
$4.99
20 hrs ago
DC 7-Film Collection (iTunes)
$49.99

Venom / Spider-man: Homecoming (iTunes)
$17.98
20 hrs ago
Willy's Wonderland (iTunes)
$5.99
6 hrs ago
Lincoln (iTunes)
$7.99
20 hrs ago
The Royal Tenenbaums (iTunes)
$7.99
20 hrs ago
O Brother, Where Art Thou? (iTunes)
$7.99
20 hrs ago
Bumblebee (iTunes)
$6.99
20 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes

Old 07-24-2021, 04:44 PM   #2081

Apr 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
Is it true that there are no differences between versions of "Basic Instinct" on iTunes?
iTunes' R-rated version is European release (unrated US version).
Thanks given by:
Scottie (07-24-2021)
Old 07-24-2021, 05:27 PM   #2082

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by erlinmeyer View Post
Click on the movie icon and then click on Movie info. First line in the Details tab is title and that is where you can change it. Then click OK.

There is a way to change the actual file, if you have it on your computer, through the Attributes of the file in Windows as well.
I can view but I cannot edit the metadata.

The closest Iíve come was downloading the movie and then editing the field, but this only affects my library on my iMac and not my actual library on my Apple TV.
Old 07-24-2021, 05:38 PM   #2083
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhampton View Post
At some point I was gifted the 4K of Pride and Prejudice on Fandango 4K which transfered to Movies Anywhere and Vudu but my iTUnes remains HD.

I wonder if hiding the iTunes copy and relinking MA could result in it 4K in iTunes.

EDIT - iTunes apparently doesn't have a 4K copy ... boo
P&P (2005) is a FandangoNow 4K exclusive title, and is only available in 4K via FandangoNow.

Movies Anywhere and VUDU register you having 4K rights, but it'll only play in HD on both services. Hopefully at some point once the FandangoNow/VUDU merger is completed, VUDU will offer 4K playback as well.
Old 07-24-2021, 05:58 PM   #2084
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2007
BJ's Wholesale Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gordon View Post
P&P (2005) is a FandangoNow 4K exclusive title, and is only available in 4K via FandangoNow.

Movies Anywhere and VUDU register you having 4K rights, but it'll only play in HD on both services. Hopefully at some point once the FandangoNow/VUDU merger is completed, VUDU will offer 4K playback as well.
Geez.

Can't wait till the merger or whatever is over just to I can survey the damage.

Thanks
Old 07-24-2021, 09:01 PM   #2085
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2009
Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottie View Post
I can view but I cannot edit the metadata.

The closest Iíve come was downloading the movie and then editing the field, but this only affects my library on my iMac and not my actual library on my Apple TV.
Sorry. Thought you were trying to change it in iTunes. (Could be time for an Apple TV thread) iTunes was replaced on the iMac and iPads and iPhones. Think it was with Catalina. It's like they penalize those that buy Apple products. Maybe reaching out to Apple, they might change the title for everyone.
Old 07-26-2021, 05:54 PM   #2086
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

I noticed that "Witness" (1985) has a release date of 1999 in iTunes.
Old 07-26-2021, 09:48 PM   #2087

Dec 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Gordon View Post
I noticed that "Witness" (1985) has a release date of 1999 in iTunes.

Yes, there are numerous examples of this. I guess it's sometimes a re-release date.
Old 07-26-2021, 10:40 PM   #2088
Special Member

Oct 2016
Central California

I started using iTunes recently as my primary source for rentals and certain digital purchases, and I noticed that when I purchased The Legends of the Hidden Temple TV movie, iTunes listed it under TV Shows. So now I had to move the TV Shows app the home screen on my Apple TV so I have access to this one movie.

Wonder why it was listed as a TV show when it's clearly not the original Nickelodeon show and was just a made-for-TV movie.
Old 07-26-2021, 10:49 PM   #2089
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2009
Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSkellington View Post
[Show spoiler]I started using iTunes recently as my primary source for rentals and certain digital purchases, and I noticed that when I purchased The Legends of the Hidden Temple TV movie, iTunes listed it under TV Shows. So now I had to move the TV Shows app the home screen on my Apple TV so I have access to this one movie.

Wonder why it was listed as a TV show when it's clearly not the original Nickelodeon show and was just a made-for-TV movie.
Guess you answered it yourself. Noticed a few Lifetime channel movies are the same.
Old 07-26-2021, 10:55 PM   #2090
Special Member

Oct 2016
Central California

Quote:
Guess you answered it yourself. Noticed a few Lifetime channel movies are the same.
I guess they figure it was made for TV so it goes in the TV Shows listing? Weird.
Old 07-26-2021, 11:05 PM   #2091
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2009
Minnesota

Quote:
I guess they figure it was made for TV so it goes in the TV Shows listing? Weird.
The app to view movies on iOS devices is Apple TV(no longer iTunes), so it could be worse.
Old 07-27-2021, 01:06 AM   #2092
Special Member

Oct 2016
Central California

Quote:
The app to view movies on iOS devices is Apple TV(no longer iTunes), so it could be worse.
True.
Old 07-27-2021, 06:05 PM   #2093
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

Quote:
Different studios treat made-for-TV movies differently on iTunes.

Hallmark treats made-for-TV movies as movies (thankfully), but Lifetime made-for-TV movies are treated as TV listings. The Lifetime movies are treated as movies on VUDU.

Disney does the same for all their made-for-TV movies. For instance, the third High School Musical film was shown theatrically, so it's listed in the "Movies" section. The first two are listed in the TV Shows section. Amazon lists Disney made-for-TV films as movies.

Warner Bros. has "Vixen: The Movie" in the TV shows section, even though other storefronts treat it as a movie, and it's an MA enabled title, so it won't port into iTunes. Other CW Seed DCAU titles are treated as movies on iTunes.

Amazon treats "Ice Age: A Mammoth Christmas", a made-for-TV special as a TV show, but iTunes treats it as a movie. To Amazon's credit, even though it's in the TV section, it will port into your Amazon account via Movies Anywhere.
Thanks given by:
JackSkellington (07-29-2021)
Old 07-28-2021, 11:27 AM   #2094

Apr 2021

I use the Apple TV app on a LG TV in the UK. Last year, I bought and watched The Bird With A Crystal Plumage and Cat O'Nine Tails. Since Arrow started upgrading these films to 4k, I can now see the new artwork for these titles in my library, but when I go to watch them I get a message telling me the content is unavailable and that I need to watch them through an Apple device! I have no problems streaming other 4K films through the app, and I've had other films - like Jaws, Spartacus, LOTR- upgrade with no bother. Any ideas what is happening in this situation? I've tried ringing Apple support (1 hour+ explaining the situation over and over) and tried messaging Arrow direct over Facebook- but no success so far.
Old 07-28-2021, 11:55 AM   #2095
Special Member

Apr 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheerydalek View Post
I use the Apple TV app on a LG TV in the UK. Last year, I bought and watched The Bird With A Crystal Plumage and Cat O'Nine Tails. Since Arrow started upgrading these films to 4k, I can now see the new artwork for these titles in my library, but when I go to watch them I get a message telling me the content is unavailable and that I need to watch them through an Apple device! I have no problems streaming other 4K films through the app, and I've had other films - like Jaws, Spartacus, LOTR- upgrade with no bother. Any ideas what is happening in this situation? I've tried ringing Apple support (1 hour+ explaining the situation over and over) and tried messaging Arrow direct over Facebook- but no success so far.
Have you tried logging out of the app, restarting it then logging back in again?

Edit:
Neither of these films are currently 4K so it’s possible they’re doing some tinkering behind the scenes which is causing the issue.
Don’t panic too much as they’ll both return soon enough.

Last edited by -Gonzo-; 07-28-2021 at 12:02 PM.
Old 07-28-2021, 12:58 PM   #2096

Apr 2021

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Gonzo- View Post
Neither of these films are currently 4K so itís possible theyíre doing some tinkering behind the scenes which is causing the issue.
Donít panic too much as theyíll both return soon enough.
Ah, yes you are correct- could swear I saw BWACP listed as 4K on Monday. Fingers staying crossed then! Thanks
Old 07-28-2021, 02:24 PM   #2097
Power Member

Nov 2012
Reading, Pa.
USA

Quote:
It's not the ONLY occurrence of this type in iTunes.
A while back I purchased the "movie" Space Battleship Yamato (based on the animated "Star Blazers" TV series from the 70's)...to date this is STILL listed as a "tv show" despite the Blu-ray sold as a stand-alone movie.
Thanks given by:
JackSkellington (07-29-2021)
Old 07-30-2021, 11:49 PM   #2098

Oct 2010
Rhode Island

Does anyone know the difference is between the two versions of Brian De Palma's "Passion"? One is $12.99 and the other is $14.99.
Old 08-02-2021, 06:15 PM   #2099

Jul 2021

Quote:
I started using iTunes recently as my primary source for rentals and certain digital purchases, and I noticed that when I purchased The Legends of the Hidden Temple TV movie, iTunes listed it under TV Shows. So now I had to move the TV Shows app the home screen on my Apple TV so I have access to this one movie.

I also recently discovered they have the Wallace and Gromit shorts grouped as a single season of TV. I guess it kinda makes sense since they would air them on tv?

Still, I prever the Apple TV app to the movies & iTunes. You can access your library of both shows and movies in there. No need to put both the movies & television apps higher up.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > iTunes