Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

12 Days of Deals, Day 11 is Live »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Batman: The Complete Animated Series (Blu-ray)
$79.99
 
Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$79.99
 
Mission: Impossible - Fallout 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Schindler's List 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.96
8 hrs ago
Harry Potter: Complete 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$39.96
 
Crazy Rich Asians 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
The House with a Clock in Its Walls 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96
7 hrs ago
The Mummy: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99
 
Gotham: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Mad Dog and Glory (Blu-ray)
$19.98
8 hrs ago
Westworld: Season One (Blu-ray)
$16.99
 
Annihilation (Blu-ray)
$9.72
4 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2018, 06:11 PM   #9361
SethRex SethRex is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
SethRex's Avatar
 
Jan 2009
575
6
623
1
6
111
Default

Actually not really a big deal for me.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Batman1980 (12-06-2018)
Old 12-06-2018, 06:43 PM   #9362
A Sith Lord? A Sith Lord? is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
A Sith Lord?'s Avatar
 
Dec 2012
570
30
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman1980 View Post
What about the seeing each movie only once restriction?
First world problems.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 06:45 PM   #9363
A Sith Lord? A Sith Lord? is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
A Sith Lord?'s Avatar
 
Dec 2012
570
30
5
Default

I've actually been paying for MoviePass the last few months despite not having used it since like August. I got well over $1k worth of movies for less than $100 spent during the prime period.

I have no problem giving the $14.99 option a try. Actually works decent for me since I work adn travel so much now I don't have time to go to movies as much.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 08:26 PM   #9364
Batman1980 Batman1980 is offline
Blu-ray Jedi
 
Batman1980's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
District 13
8
363
55
22
47
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980
Default

I see it's annual only? I'll keep waiting, then.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:01 PM   #9365
Jennifer Lawrence Fan Jennifer Lawrence Fan is offline
Blu-ray Jedi
 
Jennifer Lawrence Fan's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
Starship Avalon (You're My Shooting Star, You Make My Heart Ascend)
1494
647
258
367
252
556
Default

I got the email as well. if it were like before allowing any movie. That be tempting. I'm not bothered by not being allowed to see the same movie multiple times.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:31 PM   #9366
D00mM4r1n3 D00mM4r1n3 is offline
Senior Member
 
D00mM4r1n3's Avatar
 
Jan 2012
916
144
2
Default

I am currently trying to cancel, opened a support request for assistance. When I tap the "Cancel membership" option in the app the screen just flashes and does nothing. Rebooted phone, cleared cached, etc... I haven't been able to see a movie since October now that they've been pulling showtimes in the morning rather than waiting until at least 7PM. The last thing I am going to do is give them more money to use a service I already paid for.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 09:46 PM   #9367
jbloggs jbloggs is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
jbloggs's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
10
886
Default

Yay...where do I sign up....I'll make sure that page is blocked on my router
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 12:34 AM   #9368
musicman1 musicman1 is offline
Active Member
 
Feb 2014
3
Default

Just reading about the “new” pricing plan to roll out next year. No longer trust the company...they could “change” it a few months later — if it ends up losing them money.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 12:45 AM   #9369
xbs2034 xbs2034 is online now
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Feb 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman1 View Post
Just reading about the “new” pricing plan to roll out next year. No longer trust the company...they could “change” it a few months later — if it ends up losing them money.
Yeah, I think 3 titles for $20 a month isn't a bad plan, as long as I'm not restricted to certain movies, theaters (within limits as I get it won't be every single theater offered), or showtimes, and don't have to deal with extra hassles like submitting ticket stubs.

But the big thing is I don't trust them to actually honor such a plan, if anything this might be a desperate attempt to win back a subscriber base as they face going out of business. I would need people to try the service for months and confirms it works as advertised before I would consider rejoining them
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 12:49 AM   #9370
Destinys Memory Destinys Memory is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Destinys Memory's Avatar
 
Jun 2012
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xbs2034 View Post
Yeah, I think 3 titles for $20 a month isn't a bad plan, as long as I'm not restricted to certain movies, theaters (within limits as I get it won't be every single theater offered), or showtimes, and don't have to deal with extra hassles like submitting ticket stubs.

But the big thing is I don't trust them to actually honor such a plan, if anything this might be a desperate attempt to win back a subscriber base as they face going out of business. I would need people to try the service for months and confirms it works as advertised before I would consider rejoining them
They literally say it is subject to usage and inventory.

You use the service too much, they remove showtimes.

Everybody uses the service too much, they remove showtimes.

Nothing has changed, except now you have the option to give them more money at once.

Hooray?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:00 AM   #9371
Chaotic Chaotic is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
Chaotic's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Denver, CO
Default

Easy pass. Never signing up with them again.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
cinemaphile (12-08-2018)
Old 12-07-2018, 01:12 AM   #9372
jacobsever jacobsever is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
jacobsever's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
Denver, CO
1
379
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic View Post
Easy pass. Never signing up with them again.
But you live in a place with multiple E Ticket locations! You're one of the few people who can actually use MoviePass.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:51 AM   #9373
ClownPrinceofCrime ClownPrinceofCrime is online now
Special Member
 
Apr 2016
53
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaotic View Post
Easy pass. Never signing up with them again.
You're going to give me a coronary...
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 01:51 AM   #9374
unsung122212 unsung122212 is online now
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Dec 2012
1034
106
2278
277
180
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destinys Memory View Post
They literally say it is subject to usage and inventory.

You use the service too much, they remove showtimes.

Everybody uses the service too much, they remove showtimes.

Nothing has changed, except now you have the option to give them more money at once.

Hooray?
Also, they are reintroducing the '$25 misuse fee' and the ToS says they can cancel your account for seeing too many movies. With them only allowing bank account payments and only able to pay for an annual sub, I wouldn't put past them to cancel ones account after the 60 protection passes due to misuse of their service.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2018, 06:26 PM   #9375
aneed123 aneed123 is offline
Active Member
 
aneed123's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
33
75
Default

forget them.... they did wrong by customers. Its never a movie available but they comfortable taking the payments monthly.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 02:45 AM   #9376
JoeJr81 JoeJr81 is offline
Member
 
Aug 2012
SLC, UT
166
Default

I purchased the annual pass from Costco. Used it a few times but haven’t been able to use it since June. Just got a refund from Costco tonight. I’ll never trust this company again to try another subscription.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 03:16 AM   #9377
ctujackbauer ctujackbauer is online now
Expert Member
 
ctujackbauer's Avatar
 
Apr 2016
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeJr81 View Post
I purchased the annual pass from Costco. Used it a few times but haven’t been able to use it since June. Just got a refund from Costco tonight. I’ll never trust this company again to try another subscription.
Full year refund? Or was it divided into quarters and then partially refunded?

Just curious.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2018, 04:50 AM   #9378
JoeJr81 JoeJr81 is offline
Member
 
Aug 2012
SLC, UT
166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctujackbauer View Post
Full year refund? Or was it divided into quarters and then partially refunded?

Just curious.
Costco refunded the full amount for two subscriptions. We haven’t used it since June and hadn’t thought of asking for a refund until prompted by another person. I had written MoviePass off.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ctujackbauer (12-08-2018)
Old 12-08-2018, 06:33 PM   #9379
Samus Aran Samus Aran is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Samus Aran's Avatar
 
Jun 2010
USA
11
1039
165
2
178
Default

For the past few days, the app has been letting me check into any movie listed, even the ones I've already seen. It's also been unable to load my history during this time. Is it a trap?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 01:34 AM   #9380
JoeJr81 JoeJr81 is offline
Member
 
Aug 2012
SLC, UT
166
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samus Aran View Post
For the past few days, the app has been letting me check into any movie listed, even the ones I've already seen. It's also been unable to load my history during this time. Is it a trap?
Yep, they’ll cancel your membership.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:13 AM.