Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Rampage (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Paul, Apostle of Christ (Blu-ray)
$14.96

Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$115.96

The Invisible Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$18.99

Chappaquiddick (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Equalizer 2 (Blu-ray)
$26.34

Halloween 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.00

A Star Is Born (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Night Strangler (Blu-ray)
$19.34

Mission: Impossible - Fallout (Blu-ray)
$19.99

A Star Is Born 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The House of the Devil (Blu-ray)
$8.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists

Old 03-27-2014, 11:53 AM   #21

Jan 2013

i would buy both on blu ray easily.. cuz im just like that

however even as a fan .. TCM TNG is one of the worst movies ever made period. NO blood, No cannibalism...

MM is the only reason to watch and if he isnt on screen the movie is just unbearable. There is a reason the director only ever directed this single film...
Old 03-27-2014, 12:32 PM   #22
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2012
SE MI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorrorBlu View Post
If Leatherface is released in the US, it will be R-rated only as per Warner's stupid policy. And if that's the case, I'd kind of rather they didn't even bother.

Next Generation is a possibility though, considering Sony is licensing to Mill Creek, Image, and Twilight Time.
Leatherface in R form is more unwtachable than Jason Goes to Hell in unrated. It doesn't just trim gore, it cuts so much else out things stop making sense.

I always think I should give TNG another try, esp. uncut (which I haven't seen yet), but I don't know what could save that pile of dung. What I see on movie-censorship isn't enough. Good to see I'm not alone in my feelings for that film, possibly most pointless sequel ever. J can still hear the pitches for it: "Let's completely just redo the first film, but leave out everything that people liked about it". "The twist ending will blow your mind!"
Old 03-27-2014, 02:09 PM   #23
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2010
Denmark

Quote:
Originally Posted by miller_time22 View Post
Damn, thought this was an announcement thread. Would buy both.
Same here. My heart just skipped a beat.

This should be in the wish list section.
Old 03-27-2014, 02:22 PM   #24
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2012
North Carolina, USA

DAMN YOU!!!!!!!

I got so excited when I read this. My heart almost jumped out of my chest!
THERE IS A WISHLIST SECTION!!
Old 03-27-2014, 03:14 PM   #25
Special Member

Jul 2009

Just dusted off an old review we did for the UK DVD release of Leatherface, and it was a monster! It was something like 7000 words, focusing on everything about the movie, from the initial writing, the troubled shoot, the bad publicity, the reshoots, the MPAA problems - not to mention everything which went wrong about it all. New Line wanted a companion-piece to the Nightmare franchise, and really didn't think it through when picking the TCM series, as the very nature of it doesn't lend itself to mass-marketing, especially at the time.

This was from a DVD review website which died just before the era of Blu-ray, and it's a shame that a load of the stuff was lost when it shut down. Still, we got mention that our CD of the soundtrack gets dusted off occasionally when a cool version of The Monster Mash is needed!
Old 03-28-2014, 06:24 AM   #26
Power Member

Nov 2011
NJ, USA

I like TCM4, but it has a bit of a "Halloween 3" aspect to it, in that it really takes things in a different direction. I guess part 2 did, too; but then they wound up dialing that back so much (cutting out the zaniest scenes). TCM4 really jumps into its differences ("the conspiracy"), which naturally puts off TCM fans. I think if you can get over that and just accept that it's going to be different (as with Hal 3), it's not a bad little sequel. Some of the dialogue in the beginning sucks no matter how you cut it, but once it gets going, I think it's well acted, effective, and full of what TCM fans would be looking for.

I can certainly see legit reasons to not like it, but I think it largely gets a bad rap for unfair reasons.

Quote:
NO blood, No cannibalism...
Well, Matthew McConaughey does eat the nose off a girl's face.

Quote:
I always think I should give TNG another try, esp. uncut (which I haven't seen yet)
I do think it's better uncut; but I don't think the differences would be enough to change anybody's mind about the film. If you like the film, you'll like it a bit more uncut. But that's all.

Quote:
I got so excited when I read this. My heart almost jumped out of my chest!
THERE IS A WISHLIST SECTION!!
Yeah, same. :/
Old 03-28-2014, 03:38 PM   #27
Special Member

Feb 2012
NJ

Why is this not in the wish list section, mods? It's a big tease
Old 03-28-2014, 03:43 PM   #28
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2012
Lincoln, NE

I would/will buy both film in a heartbeat, and I like the idea of the double pack despite it being not likely/impossible in America.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:57 PM   #29
Blu-ray Samurai

Dec 2010
PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOnlyTrueFilmFan View Post
I respectfully disagree. I love HR
So you're the one. couldn't resist
Old 03-28-2014, 10:04 PM   #30
Power Member

Dec 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by zafisher94 View Post
Why is this not in the wish list section, mods? It's a big tease
Too big
Old 02-13-2015, 02:38 PM   #31
Special Member

Jun 2012
Ontario, Canada

Leatherface and The Next Generation are two hugely differing films and I love both of them. Leatherface I love for the exciting film that it is. Quite a nasty and action packed TCM film. Viggo delivers a superb performance as well. There's something truly special about TCM III and I would buy it in a heart beat. The Next Generation is a nostalgic trip for me. I rented it when I was in Grade 6, thinking the cover was just demented. The VHS stood out, especially with the giant Canadian R Rating on the back (which is more or less equivalent to the American NC-17). Why it received said rating is beyond me, very tame in terms of carnage and sex. I rented it and was actually disappointed with it. Over the years I, for some unknown reason, craved watching the film. There's just something about it. McConaughey delivers an awesome performance as well. I've seen both the director's cut and the theatrical version and this is a rare moment where I prefer the theatrical. There's no added R rated material and the theatrical version just flows better.
My guess is that Twilight Time will release The Next Generation eventually, since it's been requested many a time. TCM III would be a Warner release and God only knows when they'll get around to it. Here's hoping it's soon. Eventually once all the "classics" are released, they'll have no choice but to look at the forgotten films.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TexasChainsawMassacreTheNextGeneration.jpg (96.4 KB, 18 views)
Old 11-02-2016, 01:12 AM   #32
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
USA

I was on Amazon Instant, and it seems Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation is (once again) owned by Lionsgate (at least streaming rights).
Thanks given by:
FarewelltotheFlesh (04-10-2017), tek8080 (12-28-2017), TripleHBK (11-02-2016)
Old 11-02-2016, 02:25 AM   #33
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2012
Lincoln, NE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nailwraps View Post
I was on Amazon Instant, and it seems Texas Chainsaw Massacre: The Next Generation is (once again) owned by Lionsgate (at least streaming rights).
That's very interesting when you consider what they have planned with the Vestron Line. Could we be seeing this film as a collectors edition in the near future?
Thanks given by:
FarewelltotheFlesh (04-10-2017), tek8080 (12-28-2017)
Old 01-12-2018, 03:20 AM   #34

Feb 2013

The Next Generation is certainly not my favorite entry in the series, but I do find it to be the most interesting next to the original. So many bizarre characters and lines. I also heard the production was pretty crazy.
Old 03-21-2018, 10:27 PM   #35
Expert Member

Sep 2016
Michigan USA

I really love this movie, probably my favorite because of how weird and crazy it was. I like all the films in the chainsaw series a little differently for what they are. I'm really hoping Someone puts this out and gives it a nice treatment on blu. My fantasy for a release would be 4k master of theatrical and extended cut. Lots of newly produced features would be nice as well.
Next Generation has the best ending ever in the series imo.
Here's a clip of the climax from the extended cut.

Also the film had a sweet soundtrack, imo. I'm a fan of the score and songs from the bands. Here's a link to song used in above clip.

And if you're like me and you really like this film you might want to check out this cool behind the scenes/making of.
(Edit) it runs nearly an hour has lots of information, Kim Henkel talks a good bit, vary good and entertaining.

Last edited by 1234567?; 03-21-2018 at 10:30 PM. Reason: fixed, party on dudes
Thanks given by:
FarewelltotheFlesh (04-09-2018)
Old 04-15-2018, 11:08 AM   #36
Special Member

Apr 2011
Mississippi, U.S.

TNG is a fascinating disaster, but I've always enjoyed that WTF-ness, not to mention two future Oscar-winning actors going for broke, and both delivering really solid performances that ultimately carry the entire feature.

Ever since I first saw it as a New Release VHS, I have lauded McConaughey's portrayal of Vilmer. So much so, I kept wondering why he didn't take on more villainous roles because he really nailed that over-the-top, bat-sh_t crazy unpredictability. Years later, he would finally play heel again in "Killer Joe," which I thought was brilliant and ended up being one of my favorite films of that year.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists