Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Bad Boys I & II 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.96
10 hrs ago
X-Men Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby (Blu-ray)
$4.99
13 hrs ago
The Predator (Blu-ray)
$19.99

The Meg (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Lucifer: The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
$25.15

Sailor Moon Super S: Season 4 Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$42.37

The Hitman's Bodyguard (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Invasion of the Body Snatchers (Blu-ray)
$26.42

This Is the End (Blu-ray)
$4.99

The Matrix 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96

Blue Planet II 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists

Old 07-25-2014, 12:38 PM   #41
Special Member

Nov 2011
Melbourne, Australia

I really enjoy this movie, including Jerry Goldsmith's wonderful score. Although, this is one movie I prefer to watch on my own, particularly the scene where Supergirl finds herself in the Phantom Zone and falls into the pit.
Throne of Elves Princess Nerwin: Beautiful, pretty, elegant, alluring, hot, radiant, enchanting, stunning, attractive and very, very sexy!!

Frozen's Elsa: Attractive, alluring and sexy with the loveliest hips.

Barbie in CGI: An Exquisite Beauty
Old 08-01-2014, 01:33 AM   #42
Banned

Oct 2009

I still have my limited edition DVD. I haven't watched it in ages. Something like this definitely deserves a BD release.
Old 08-03-2014, 07:48 AM   #43

Apr 2009

Has an HD version ever turned up streaming or on tv or anywhere? I'm wondering if the negative only exists as the short U.S. version.
Old 08-04-2014, 01:14 AM   #44
Banned

Apr 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocklandsboy View Post
I had the very good fortune to meet Helen at LFCC a couple of weeks ago. Unfortunately I was so busy swooning - and talking about her music - that I forgot to ask about a Supergirl blu-ray. She still looks amaaaazing!!
Jealous.
Old 08-07-2014, 02:36 PM   #45

Nov 2009
near Schaffhausen, Switzerland
Default Supergirl - Helen Slater -

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowellPressburger View Post
I was thinking about this movie just yesterday and almost put in my Limited DVD copy to watch it.. but I kept thinking maybe I should wait for BLU lol.

If WB releases it something tells me it would be one cut only.

Attachment 89233
Hm.. I'm also would like to see Supergirl on Blu but anyway...still have the limited DVD -
I met Helen Slater 4 weeks ago in London and got my Supergirl DVD Cover signed by her.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:24 PM   #46

Sep 2014
Default extra footage of supergirl

hi rocklandsboy

I too am a fan of supergirl have got 2 copies of the limited edition and 2 copies of the separate European version too

waiting for the bluray BUT im thinking if this ever gets to be on Blu-ray I bet they would do a crap and basic cleanup transfer and not spend the money it needs to look great. would be good also to remove the wires which I cant imagine would take long

its been done before on other movies even when movies came to bluray like the nightmare on elm street movies, on part 3 you could see the studio lights on some scenes so they did some magic and made the wallpaper go further up to cover them, in nightmare 4 when freddy throws alice across the church they used 1 single thick wire to make the actress fly across the church which could be seen in the VHS versions but on the dvd they removed the wire, also removed the wire on the scene when the pickup truck smashes into a invisible freddy.

some of those missing scenes in the limited edition dvd were actually in the UK version of the movie, the only ones that were not in the uk version was the cooking the chicken scene and the very end where its longer with the scene of nigel seeing that woman with the blonde hair again.

not sure if you know this next piece of info BUT apparently there are loads of cut footage still from supergirl in the vaults where they found that extra superman 2 footage. Apparently theres about another hr of edited footage no one has seen outside of who made the movie.

Another tidbit for you supergirl fans part of the footage edited out was a scene of her cutting her hair using laser vision, And a scene where selina turns a protesor girl into a ice statue I think the iced girl is then carried away or she is melted....take not in the final movie when selinas car stops in the road because of the protestors we get a shot of her car on the road from inside the van where lucy and the others are put and there is a big wet patch/puddle infront of selinas car ;P which was where the girl was
Old 09-27-2014, 03:26 PM   #47

Sep 2014

there is a so called HD version to download BUT don't get it, im not joking who ever said it was HD must be blind the picture is cropped and really bad I think they just upscaled the dvd to 1080p lol
Old 09-27-2014, 03:27 PM   #48

Sep 2014

hi rocklandsboy

I too am a fan of supergirl have got 2 copies of the limited edition and 2 copies of the separate European version too

waiting for the bluray BUT im thinking if this ever gets to be on Blu-ray I bet they would do a crap and basic cleanup transfer and not spend the money it needs to look great. would be good also to remove the wires which I cant imagine would take long

its been done before on other movies even when movies came to bluray like the nightmare on elm street movies, on part 3 you could see the studio lights on some scenes so they did some magic and made the wallpaper go further up to cover them, in nightmare 4 when freddy throws alice across the church they used 1 single thick wire to make the actress fly across the church which could be seen in the VHS versions but on the dvd they removed the wire, also removed the wire on the scene when the pickup truck smashes into a invisible freddy.

some of those missing scenes in the limited edition dvd were actually in the UK version of the movie, the only ones that were not in the uk version was the cooking the chicken scene and the very end where its longer with the scene of nigel seeing that woman with the blonde hair again.

not sure if you know this next piece of info BUT apparently there are loads of cut footage still from supergirl in the vaults where they found that extra superman 2 footage. Apparently theres about another hr of edited footage no one has seen outside of who made the movie.

Another tidbit for you supergirl fans part of the footage edited out was a scene of her cutting her hair using laser vision, And a scene where selina turns a protestor girl into a ice statue I think the iced girl is then carried away or she is melted....take not in the final movie when selinas car stops in the road because of the protestors we get a shot of her car on the road from inside the van where lucy and the others are put and there is a big wet patch/puddle infront of selinas car ;P which was where the girl was

Last edited by lilmarkuk; 09-27-2014 at 08:24 PM.
Old 09-27-2014, 03:43 PM   #49
Banned

Oct 2009

Even if they release it on BD, what are the odds we'd get all the cuts that were available on DVD?
Old 09-27-2014, 08:23 PM   #50

Sep 2014

im not sure tbh Warner Bros got the rights back from anchor bay they released it back on to dvd...basic dvd in 2006 to go with the release of superman returns but they didn't bother to include it in the superman anthology.

Im presuming that now Warner Bros still owns the rights to the movie they will also have the rights too every single piece of footage, and I don't think it would even cost them any extra to include it lol if they did release it on bluray id have thought it wouldn't cost any more money to include the extra stuff plus its filling the bluray disc up more instead of wasted space.

The thing id be more worried about is if they did not bother to clean up the movie and if they just did a basic transfer, lets face it the re-release dvd is as basic as you can get so im sure the bluray would be the basic version too

The thing is if they did a decent transfer onto bluray and have the added footage and bonus material and they marketed it right showing it has all the extra stuff it will probably sell ok, the limited edition dvds and even the international version that has the extras on sold really well.
Old 09-27-2014, 08:51 PM   #51
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2010
Montgomery, TX

I'd love to see this get a full remaster from the ground up, both audio and visually. Helen's website has a multi-part video series on the making of "Supergirl"; I'd love to see that footage cleaned up for a Blu-Ray documentary as well. As for which version, I'd prefer the longest one, with everything restored. The U.S. version was always a little more confusing by comparison.
"I (may) disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." ~Evelyn Beatrice Hall~

"The bigger the government, the smaller the citizen." ~Dennis Prager~

"Here is a simple, rule-of-thumb guide for behavior: Ask yourself what you want people to do for you, then grab the initiative and do it for them."
Old 09-27-2014, 09:13 PM   #52

Sep 2014

yeh the US version was the worst version tbh they cut too much out, the UK version was the best as it only missed out the cooked chicken part, the end where nigel meets that blonde woman again and nother part which skips my mind.

as for the making of that's on Helens site that should be on a bluray too BUT it was actually on the limited edition dvds and the international dvd, if that was on the bluray they wouldn't clean it up they would do what most of the time is done and just put it on as it is and it would be upscaled by your bluray player

its a shame that there is not a glimpse of the of the deleted scenes that are still in the vaults in them.

the best we could hope for it there is a bluray is atleast let it be the UK version if it wont be the version that's in the limited edition dvds even though some of those EXTRA added scenes were in the UK version anyway.

ALSO the US version has some words dubbed over, im not sure if you americans knew that, but the part where nigel turns up at selinas door Bianca first answers and you hear selina in the background saying....I hope its not the jehovah witness again this was dubbed over to be something else for the americans as it seems you would have taken offence lol

Also when linda and lucy go to leave the lesson when linda worked out that massive question nigel gave her he shouts linda back and lucy actually swears she says SH$T but this was dubbed over in the US version to be something less offensive, there is another dubbed word too where lucy says one of those bullies is retarded this was dubbed in the US version...political correctness gone mad lol
Old 11-10-2015, 08:23 AM   #53
Banned

Sep 2010

Talk about missed opportunity this year.
They could have released the Bluray to coincide with the start of the TV show..
Old 11-10-2015, 08:27 AM   #54
Power Member

Jul 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilmarkuk View Post

Supergirl: 30th Anniversary More Boring Than Ever Edition
Old 11-10-2015, 01:28 PM   #55
Power Member

Feb 2008

Supergirl is on my Wishlist - I never thought about the TV series being a good reason to release the film, a definite missed opportunity.
Hope it gets released soon.
Old 11-10-2015, 01:30 PM   #56
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2011
USA

Sadly this title is at Lionsgate in US. So not likely to happen.

721 STEELBOOKS™
-------------------------------
What my Blu Ray Collection looks like:
http://forum.blu-ray.com/showpost.ph...postcount=7044
Old 11-16-2015, 06:48 AM   #57
Expert Member

Mar 2011
Wirral, England

Quote:
Originally Posted by willo007 View Post

Dammit! :-(
TV: LG OLED55C7V Receiver: Denon AVR-X4200W UHD/BD/DVD: Oppo UDP-203 (Multi-zone & Multi-region)
Cables: OMARS Premium Certified HMDI, QED Profile Audio RCA Satellite: SkyQ 2TB
Old 11-17-2015, 01:54 AM   #58
Expert Member

Oct 2012
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by willo007 View Post
Isn't Supergirl at Warner Bros?
Old 11-17-2015, 02:08 AM   #59
Banned

Oct 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGB View Post
Isn't Supergirl at Warner Bros?
Anchor Bay released the limited edition DVD.
Old 11-17-2015, 06:00 AM   #60
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2010
Kittrell, NC

I would say the next shot for this would be next fall whenever Season 1 of the TV show comes out on Blu-ray... that is the next likely window to release a Supergirl movie Blu-ray and cross-promote them. IF they don't do it then, then I think I'd give up hope for it ever happening... there will never be another better time really.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Wish Lists