Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Game of Thrones: The Complete Collector's Set (Blu-ray)
$249.95

American Horror Project Vol. 2 (Blu-ray)
$66.09
23 hrs ago
The Universal Horror Collection: Volume 2 (Blu-ray)
$49.99
14 hrs ago
Ghostbusters and Ghostbusters II 4K (Blu-ray)
$56.42

Alien 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96

Planet Earth (Blu-ray)
$9.99
12 hrs ago
The Texas Chain Saw Massacre (Blu-ray)
$17.99
17 hrs ago
Lost Highway (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Space: 1999: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$95.45

Titans: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
17 hrs ago
Underworld: Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.96
6 hrs ago
Silent Hill (Blu-ray)
$19.99
17 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > Plasma TVs

Old 04-09-2019, 11:48 PM   #1

Nov 2013
Default Adding new apps to panasonic st-50

Hey there, as stated in the criterion thread, my firestick is apparently too old to support the criterion channel. Which makes me think the tv won't support it either, being 2 years older! But is there a way to add apps to the "internet" section, just so I can try? I can't figure out how.

Thanks.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:25 PM   #2
Blu-ray Champion

Apr 2009
-
-

The age of your TV shouldn't have anything to do with the criterion channel availability. Whenever Amazon Firestick upgrade their programming to include The Criterion Channel ( that's if they're allowed to), then you should be able to update your Firestick without any additional cost. According to this article, the criterion channel has its own individual pay subscription service for consumers to subscribe to. Here's the link:

https://techcrunch.com/2019/01/30/cr...l-launch-date/
Old 04-12-2019, 09:40 PM   #3
Expert Member

Nov 2008
Akron, Ohio

[QUOTE=cvarrick;16282754]Hey there, as stated in the criterion thread, my firestick is apparently too old to support the criterion channel. Which makes me think the tv won't support it either, being 2 years older! But is there a way to add apps to the "internet" section, just so I can try? I can't figure out how.
If you have the VIERA Connect Market you can try this (ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/television/h...et/frame1.html) but why not just buy a new streamer? I have a Roku 3 connected to my 55ST50 and just downloaded the Criterion Channel yesterday.
Old 04-17-2019, 07:39 PM   #4

Nov 2013

[quote=ewsjr;16294717]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cvarrick View Post
Hey there, as stated in the criterion thread, my firestick is apparently too old to support the criterion channel. Which makes me think the tv won't support it either, being 2 years older! But is there a way to add apps to the "internet" section, just so I can try? I can't figure out how.
If you have the VIERA Connect Market you can try this (ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/television/h...et/frame1.html) but why not just buy a new streamer? I have a Roku 3 connected to my 55ST50 and just downloaded the Criterion Channel yesterday.
The Criterion channel is not listed there (in viera connect market) & I can't see a way to add any outside of what they offer.
Thanks for the reply...it looks like that's what I'll have to do. Just annoying having so many streamers (Chromecast, firestick, wdtv live, smart tv (ok, the last 2 are kinda obsolete, but still work for amazon, netflix etc)) that don't work for the criterion channel.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > Plasma TVs