Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
XCOM 2 Collection (PS4)
$19.99

Call Of Cthulhu (PS4)
$30.94

Devil May Cry 5 (PS4)
$49.90

LEGO Marvel Collection (PS4)
$39.99

Metro Exodus (PS4)
$39.80

LEGO DC Super-Villains (PS4)
$19.99

Minecraft (PS4)
$12.85

Tom Clancy's The Division 2 (PS4)
$49.99

Persona 5 (PS4)
$19.99

God of War (PS4)
$29.98

Kingdom Hearts III (PS4)
$36.98

Anthem (PS4)
$37.00
7 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old 04-11-2019, 10:26 PM   #6381
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2007
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Yeah and Blood And Truth is coming also.

By the way, those indie puzzlers are exactly why I love the format. Statik was genius. Hard but logical puzzles, fantastic atmosphere and plenty of immersion. Add Transpose, I Expect You To Die’ and Red Matter to that list. Very well crafted games. Absolute credit to the developers. Oh and Deracine!
Ghost Giant is getting really good reviews as well
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (04-11-2019)
Old 04-11-2019, 10:33 PM   #6382
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
Ghost Giant is getting really good reviews as well
Looks great.
Old 04-12-2019, 12:02 AM   #6383
Special Member

Nov 2012
Kentwood, LA.

Quote:

By the way, those indie puzzlers are exactly why I love the format. Statik was genius. Hard but logical puzzles, fantastic atmosphere and plenty of immersion. Add Transpose, I Expect You To Die’ and Red Matter to that list. Very well crafted games. Absolute credit to the developers. Oh and Deracine!
And "Xing: The Land Beyond" is incredible!
Old 04-12-2019, 03:54 AM   #6384
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
I’m giving the first gen a pass but I will be more demanding of the next generation.

However, immersive experiences have overcome any graphical shortcomings for me for the majority of games. I totally get your view though.
Thanks Steedeel.
PSVR is great, I love it. And I'm enjoy more games on it these days as developers start being more creative. Astrobot is my all time favorite PSVR game. Then Moss, then a bunch more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jegærn View Post
If this is all VR has to offer, I'm not interested. I was hoping for more A-list games like Resident Evil or Battlefield. But 98% Indie puzzle games so far. Worst thing is I don't expect thos big games on VR even on PS5 (much much stronger machine wich are capable of running heavy games in VR.) Because developers know if they make a game in VR, it has to be designed and buildt for VR. And making a game only for VR means less sold games. Argh!

Sooooo much potencial! So few games.
I hear your concern, as that was my initial concern too before jumping into the PSVR (for 199.99 on sale Holiday 2017) and being swept away by the immersive stereo 3D experience like I've never seen before in a game since Colecovision when I started gaming. My first thought while playing the VR Playroom demo (Astrobot creators), was "Holy Sh__!" My expectations were far exceeded overall, despite a couple flaws. It's like anything I've experienced in the past with games, as the entire game surrounds you everywhere you look. The head tracking makes it feel like you're in the game along with the stereo 3D and 60 fps.

The price got me on board, along with RE7 VR, and a few other key games I was waiting to see for PSVR. I wanted more free motion games, not games where you just sit in a corner and move stuff (though there are a couple gems for that style too). PSVR delivered a lot of free motion games to explore.

But yes, RE7 was made for PS4 2D, but then nicely added the VR mode without affecting the game design. Proof that a regular game can work well with VR added most times. Astrobot, Moss are two awesome examples of 3rd person platforming adventure games in VR too. Astrobot being 6+ hours for me to complete. Skyrim VR is open world, but limited to PS3 graphics. And hopefully No Man's Sky will be good in VR.

While there are a lot of puzzle based games and puzzle adventures, there are still plenty of adventure type games, a bit too many FPShooters, a lot of horror styled survival games, and a few racing games. The indie developers, some which are AAA quality (Moss), are what keep this system healthy and with a giant library of over 250 + PSVR games. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ation_VR_games

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelmaker View Post
You do realize Resident Evil 7 is VR compatible, right? Besides, there are plenty of diverse, high quality experiences on PSVR...

GT Sport - Racing Sim
Ace Combat 7 - Flight Combat Sim
Resident Evil 7 - Survival Horror
Farpoint - First Person Shooter
Astrobot Rescue Mission - Platformer
Skyrim VR - RPG
Wipeout VR - Combat Racing
Moss - Platform/Puzzle
Firewall Zero Hour - First Person Shooter
Doom VR - First Person Shooter
Beat Sabre - Rhythm Game
Tetris Effect - Puzzle
Eve Valkyrie - Space Combat Sim

Plus No Mans Sky VR is coming. Iron Man looks great. Five Nights At Freddie's looks creepy. I mean, what do you want?
Good list! Thanks.

Quote:

The PSVR definitely takes puzzle gaming adventures to another level that I haven't experienced with any console before. Good for the mind in that sense.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (04-16-2019)
Old 04-12-2019, 09:13 AM   #6385
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartfrog298 View Post
And "Xing: The Land Beyond" is incredible!
Yep, it’s first on my list.

2nd is a Chair In A Room. Can’t wait for that.
Old 04-12-2019, 09:15 AM   #6386
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Thanks Steedeel.
PSVR is great, I love it. And I'm enjoy more games on it these days as developers start being more creative. Astrobot is my all time favorite PSVR game. Then Moss, then a bunch more.

I hear your concern, as that was my initial concern too before jumping into the PSVR (for 199.99 on sale Holiday 2017) and being swept away by the immersive stereo 3D experience like I've never seen before in a game since Colecovision when I started gaming. My first thought while playing the VR Playroom demo (Astrobot creators), was "Holy Sh__!" My expectations were far exceeded overall, despite a couple flaws. It's like anything I've experienced in the past with games, as the entire game surrounds you everywhere you look. The head tracking makes it feel like you're in the game along with the stereo 3D and 60 fps.

The price got me on board, along with RE7 VR, and a few other key games I was waiting to see for PSVR. I wanted more free motion games, not games where you just sit in a corner and move stuff (though there are a couple gems for that style too). PSVR delivered a lot of free motion games to explore.

But yes, RE7 was made for PS4 2D, but then nicely added the VR mode without affecting the game design. Proof that a regular game can work well with VR added most times. Astrobot, Moss are two awesome examples of 3rd person platforming adventure games in VR too. Astrobot being 6+ hours for me to complete. Skyrim VR is open world, but limited to PS3 graphics. And hopefully No Man's Sky will be good in VR.

While there are a lot of puzzle based games and puzzle adventures, there are still plenty of adventure type games, a bit too many FPShooters, a lot of horror styled survival games, and a few racing games. The indie developers, some which are AAA quality (Moss), are what keep this system healthy and with a giant library of over 250 + PSVR games. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ation_VR_games

Good list! Thanks.

The PSVR definitely takes puzzle gaming adventures to another level that I haven't experienced with any console before. Good for the mind in that sense.
I often email the creators to congratulate them on games like Statik, I Expect You To Die, Astrobot etc.. I think it means a lot to them.
Thanks given by:
dartfrog298 (04-12-2019), Zivouhr (04-13-2019)
Old 04-12-2019, 01:16 PM   #6387
Special Member

Nov 2012
Kentwood, LA.

Quote:
I often email the creators to congratulate them on games like Statik, I Expect You To Die, Astrobot etc.. I think it means a lot to them.
Strange you mentioned that cause I've been wanting to contact the creators of Xing to let them know what an incredible game they have created. Now I will do that today for sure.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (04-12-2019)
Old 04-13-2019, 07:38 AM   #6388
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Quote:
Strange you mentioned that cause I've been wanting to contact the creators of Xing to let them know what an incredible game they have created. Now I will do that today for sure.
Yes, it's important to directly contact a creative team for your favorite game, movie or hobby, so they can know beyond just sales, that their work is appreciated, without having to search the web for feedback. On rare occasions, I've gotten direct replies which was really fun to experience as a big fan.
Thanks given by:
dartfrog298 (04-13-2019), Steedeel (04-13-2019)
Old 04-13-2019, 08:47 AM   #6389
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Yes, it's important to directly contact a creative team for your favorite game, movie or hobby, so they can know beyond just sales, that their work is appreciated, without having to search the web for feedback. On rare occasions, I've gotten direct replies which was really fun to experience as a big fan.
When I got replies, a few asked if I would rate their game in the store. That really helps these smaller companies. They were all grateful though.
Thanks given by:
dartfrog298 (04-13-2019)
Old 04-13-2019, 10:17 PM   #6390
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
When I got replies, a few asked if I would rate their game in the store. That really helps these smaller companies. They were all grateful though.
Cool. That's a good point about rating the games too, in addition to talking about them online. Sometimes a game will get haters and the people who loved it don't take the time to review it, which would make a big difference.

I see the new Star Wars Darth Vader Immortal VR stage show took place yesterday, with footage, but only for Occulus so far. That stinks, but I think you play as a robot and not Vader himself.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (04-14-2019)
Old 04-15-2019, 03:54 PM   #6391
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Cool. That's a good point about rating the games too, in addition to talking about them online. Sometimes a game will get haters and the people who loved it don't take the time to review it, which would make a big difference.

I see the new Star Wars Darth Vader Immortal VR stage show took place yesterday, with footage, but only for Occulus so far. That stinks, but I think you play as a robot and not Vader himself.
Sounds good.

I made progress on Red Matter last night. Just need to dive back in to Along Together now.

Tetris Effect’s Last level is nearly impossible. 90 lines to clear but at around 60 lines it gets so fast I don’t have time to react.
Old 04-15-2019, 08:37 PM   #6392
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2005
England

It took me a while to get my head around the fact that VR isn't about turning 2D games into VR. Yes I'd love a battlefield or battlefront game in VR with the aim controller, but VR let's developers do things you just can't do in 2D. Statik is a perfect example of that. And some game genres suit the format better than others, any vehicle based game really should be VR , it's perfect, but combat games like Tekken are not going to work as well.

I would like to see the bigger developers put out some AAA titles though as it would help raise the profile of VR even further. Often the smaller games have little marketing so they get overlooked.
Thanks given by:
BossTweed (04-15-2019), Zivouhr (04-16-2019)
Old 04-15-2019, 10:27 PM   #6393
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by partridge View Post
It took me a while to get my head around the fact that VR isn't about turning 2D games into VR. Yes I'd love a battlefield or battlefront game in VR with the aim controller, but VR let's developers do things you just can't do in 2D. Statik is a perfect example of that. And some game genres suit the format better than others, any vehicle based game really should be VR , it's perfect, but combat games like Tekken are not going to work as well.

I would like to see the bigger developers put out some AAA titles though as it would help raise the profile of VR even further. Often the smaller games have little marketing so they get overlooked.
Great news about Superhot VR. It has now made more than the flat version! It’s sold 800,000 copies.

Last edited by Steedeel; 04-15-2019 at 10:47 PM.
Thanks given by:
dartfrog298 (04-16-2019)
Old 04-16-2019, 04:01 AM   #6394
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Sounds good.

I made progress on Red Matter last night. Just need to dive back in to Along Together now.

Tetris Effect’s Last level is nearly impossible. 90 lines to clear but at around 60 lines it gets so fast I don’t have time to react.
Nice progress there.

I Xing, I am still trying to figure out the drum puzzle, Dartfrog.

For Home Sweet Home VR, I finally got past the library section, only to be chased down a hall and attacked by the lady 20/20 tries so far. Not cool and the fact your character runs like molasses is not good at all. You literally have about 1/2 second of time for error and then you're dead in the game. It doesn't increase the horror, but the frustration instead. I don't think this game was worth 29.99.
9.99 would be more like it so far. I'm not enjoying it at the moment even though it started off well.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (04-16-2019)
Old 04-16-2019, 02:23 PM   #6395
Special Member

Nov 2012
Kentwood, LA.

Quote:
Nice progress there.

I Xing, I am still trying to figure out the drum puzzle, Dartfrog. .
You have to solve the one on the left first and then the one on the right.
[Show spoiler]I had to restart the level to reset everything. That large drum has to be slanted to solve the the pole on the left. If you solve the pole on the right first the large drum stays in the upright position keeping the pole on the left from getting solved. Hope this helps. I had to get a hint to solve it. I also understood that playing with the moves works a lot better with the game and gives you better control with objects. Supposedly with the moves you can adjust the angle of the drum and you can't with the dS4. It wasn't easy to solve. It took me probably a few hours but I must say I did have fun with that puzzle. The next big puzzle in that map was also fun and challenging. Good luck and keep me informed on how you are progressing.

I am playing through it again. I am still stuck trying to get the rune in the last puzzle of the third map. Did not get it on the first play
through either.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (04-16-2019), Zivouhr (04-16-2019)
Old 04-16-2019, 02:57 PM   #6396
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Official: The next PlayStation console will support PSVR. At least that means we can carry on playing our games. I dare say we will get a updated headset down the line hopefully.
Thanks given by:
dartfrog298 (04-16-2019), Zivouhr (04-16-2019)
Old 04-16-2019, 04:07 PM   #6397
Special Member

Nov 2012
Kentwood, LA.

I purchased Ghost Giant this morning. $24.99. Brian gave it a great review. I will check it out later today. It is now downloading. Ready in 36 min. Yea!

Last edited by dartfrog298; 04-16-2019 at 04:15 PM.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (04-16-2019), Zivouhr (04-16-2019)
Old 04-16-2019, 04:17 PM   #6398
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA

The graphics in Ghost Giant have a good cartoon style to them in terms of design and detail. Good to see it's a good puzzle type game.

Dartfrog, looking forward to your thoughts about the game when you have time.

Quote:
You have to solve the one on the left first and then the one on the right.
[Show spoiler]I had to restart the level to reset everything. That large drum has to be slanted to solve the the pole on the left. If you solve the pole on the right first the large drum stays in the upright position keeping the pole on the left from getting solved. Hope this helps. I had to get a hint to solve it. I also understood that playing with the moves works a lot better with the game and gives you better control with objects. Supposedly with the moves you can adjust the angle of the drum and you can't with the dS4. It wasn't easy to solve. It took me probably a few hours but I must say I did have fun with that puzzle. The next big puzzle in that map was also fun and challenging. Good luck and keep me informed on how you are progressing.

I am playing through it again. I am still stuck trying to get the rune in the last puzzle of the third map. Did not get it on the first play
through either.
Thanks. I solved the first part no problem, just trying to solve the 2nd section now. I'll keep your tips in mind just in case I get stuck for too long.

Looking forward to the next map too.
Enjoy the 2nd playthrough!
Thanks given by:
dartfrog298 (04-16-2019)
Old 04-16-2019, 06:35 PM   #6399
Special Member

Nov 2012
Kentwood, LA.

Paper Beast looks interesting.

“Paper Beast” is a new PlayStation VR game from Eric Chahi, creator of 1991’s “Another World,” which released for U.S. gamers as “Out of This World.”

The upcoming VR game looks a sight different from “Another World,” and is being developed by Chahi’s new studio, Pixel Reef. Set inside a world comprised of data, it explores a place where the internet has been transformed into a living, breathing setting rife with digital life forms – animals, even, that you can discover while roaming through “decades of lost code and algorithms.”

“We wanted to reproduce the excitement you might feel as an explorer discovering a virgin land, a place where no human has been before,” wrote Chahi on the official PlayStation Blog announcement.

Players will “start to form delicate bonds” with the creatures they happen upon while exploring “Paper Beast,” and the game will react to both your behaviors and decisions you make while experiencing the narrative, which centers around its special ecosystem. It’s not a “god game,” Chahi notes, but there are some “key ingredients.”

Additionally, there will be no dialogue in the game, opting instead to tell its story through other, nontraditional methods. The usage of spatial VR in the environment is meant to fully immerse players looking to interact with the beings that live there.

“Paper Beast” has been in development for three years, with the team “tirelessly working” to bring it to fruition the entire time, and three people working on its sound alone, for an “outstanding” binaural experience. The game is slated to debut on PlayStation VR soon, but there’s no projected release date just yet.

Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (04-17-2019)
Old 04-16-2019, 08:48 PM   #6400
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2009

In all honesty I must say I haven't been really impressed by the lineup for PSVR at the moment. Blood And Truth is the only title so far I am genuinely excited about, I can't think of anything else. I hope more games will follow this year...
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4