Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
The James Bond Collection (Blu-ray)
£42.41
3 hrs ago
Shutter Island 4K (Blu-ray)
£9.99

Ant-Man and the Wasp 3D (Blu-ray)
£12.00
3 hrs ago
Andromeda: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
£39.50
20 hrs ago
The Lord of the Rings: The Motion Picture Trilogy (Blu-ray)
£29.53

Ant-Man and the Wasp (Blu-ray)
£10.00
3 hrs ago
Ant-Man and the Wasp 4K (Blu-ray)
£20.00
6 hrs ago
The Action Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
£34.99

Planet Earth II & Blue Planet II Boxset 4K (Blu-ray)
£29.98

Free Solo (Blu-ray)
£9.59
3 hrs ago
The Comfort of Strangers (Blu-ray)
£7.99

Avengers: Infinity War 3D (Blu-ray)
£12.00
3 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland

Old 04-16-2019, 12:40 AM   #11621

Feb 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyLover View Post
I'm using ExpressVPN as well but turns out you don't have to use VPN to watch stuff on the Channel.
On Firestick / FireTV you need a VPN.
Old 04-16-2019, 01:00 AM   #11622

Sep 2009
Perm, Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackranderson View Post
On Firestick / FireTV you need a VPN.
That's exactly what I'm watching on and I'm getting no errors (like I would get on any other streaming service).
Old 04-16-2019, 01:06 AM   #11623

Feb 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyLover View Post
That's exactly what I'm watching on and I'm getting no errors (like I would get on any other streaming service).
This is strange, I canít even open the app without a VPN and according to many on Reddit it doesnít work on any Android device without a VPN.
Old 04-16-2019, 01:32 AM   #11624

Sep 2009
Perm, Russia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackranderson View Post
This is strange, I canít even open the app without a VPN and according to many on Reddit it doesnít work on any Android device without a VPN.
Weird because Reddit is exactly where I found out about it.
Old 04-16-2019, 02:35 AM   #11625

Feb 2014

What are the chances of the Klute blu going Region B?
Old 04-16-2019, 04:23 AM   #11626
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2013
Yorkshire, UK

Out of Criterions US July announcements, I really hope we get Klute, The Bakers Wife & Europa Europa. Three terrific films! If not I'll pick them up in the July 50% sales.
Thanks given by:
Blu MacReady (04-16-2019)
Old 04-16-2019, 07:54 AM   #11627
Special Member

May 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerby View Post
Out of Criterions US July announcements, I really hope we get Klute, The Bakers Wife & Europa Europa. Three terrific films! If not I'll pick them up in the July 50% sales.
I'd say Klute is a given, given the number of Warner titles Criterion have released in the UK. I have a feeling unlikely for The Bakers Wife given that the Magnol Pagnol trilogy has yet to make its UK Blu Ray debut, despite its US Criterion release a while ago now. Europa, Europa would depend on if anyone still holds the UK rights. (I'd buy Klute & Europa, Europa of this months US releases).
Old 04-16-2019, 08:02 AM   #11628
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
India

Picked up Black Orpheus for 9.99 at Amz UK. I'd seen it years ago on the Criterion DVD borrowed from a friend, and while it was not an instant classic for me, I definitely admired it enough that getting it on blu at this nice price was an easy decision.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:20 AM   #11629
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerby View Post
Iím interested in Klute too, so itís out in July and you expect it to be in a sale in July?
I donít follow criterion, just have a handful, is this something that happens?
Old 04-16-2019, 09:26 AM   #11630
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2013
Yorkshire, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu MacReady View Post
Iím interested in Klute too, so itís out in July and you expect it to be in a sale in July?
I donít follow criterion, just have a handful, is this something that happens?
It will be in the US July B&N 50% sale.
Old 04-16-2019, 09:28 AM   #11631

Mar 2017

will be getting the brd trilogy upgrade in the next sale for sure
Old 04-16-2019, 09:37 AM   #11632
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2011
London

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Peg View Post
I'd say Klute is a given, given the number of Warner titles Criterion have released in the UK.
Oh I dunno. Criterion didn't release Blow-Up & Barry Lyndon & McCabe And Mrs Miller over here (I'd love Blow-Up).
Old 04-16-2019, 11:52 AM   #11633
Special Member

May 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by CinemaScope View Post
Oh I dunno. Criterion didn't release Blow-Up & Barry Lyndon & McCabe And Mrs Miller over here (I'd love Blow-Up).
True, though maybe they felt as Barry Lyndon had already been released by Warners that it wouldn't be worth it. But than again they ended up releasing Badlands after its Warners release.

Was McCabe and Mrs Miller a HMV exclusive?

Blow-Up's none showing it a real head scratcher.
Old 04-20-2019, 07:59 AM   #11634

Mar 2016

Don't forget that on May, The Irish Film Institute (IFI) will be screening Memory on screen. A series of classic movies about... memory. The titles that will be shown are Rashomon, Wild strawberries, Last year in Marienbad, Amarcord, The long day closes, Memento, Spider, Eternal sunshine on the spotless mind, Hidden and I do not care if we go down in history as barbarians.
https://ifi.ie/memory-on-film/

It is extremely disappointing to see they will screen a DVD for Spider but I do not care if we go down in history as barbarians looks very promising to me.

It is a very interesting subject. What other related movies about memory can you think of?
Old 04-20-2019, 09:19 AM   #11635
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2013
Yorkshire, UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by muchogris View Post
Don't forget that on May, The Irish Film Institute (IFI) will be screening Memory on screen. A series of classic movies about... memory. The titles that will be shown are Rashomon, Wild strawberries, Last year in Marienbad, Amarcord, The long day closes, Memento, Spider, Eternal sunshine on the spotless mind, Hidden and I do not care if we go down in history as barbarians.

It is extremely disappointing to see they will screen a DVD for Spider but I do not care if we go down in history as barbarians looks very promising to me.

It is a very interesting subject. What other related movies about memory can you think of?
The one that springs to mind for me is A Moment To Remember (2004), probably the best Korean film i've ever seen.
Old 04-20-2019, 09:37 AM   #11636
Expert Member

Feb 2014

Quote:

Resnais' Muriel, Tarkovsky's Mirror, Citizen Kane, The Life & Death of Colonel Blimp.
Old 04-20-2019, 11:26 AM   #11637

Apr 2019
Isle of Wight

I am looking forward to Heiress. I watched the DVD version of it recently and thought that it still looked good. I can only imagine a Criterion restored version will be even better.
Old 04-20-2019, 12:41 PM   #11638
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2011
Old Hill, West Midlands
Send a message via AIM to mattyl149

Quote:

I'd add Still Alice. Julianne Moore's portrayal of someone with early onset Alzheimer's and how memory is important for her career
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > United Kingdom and Ireland