Best Anime Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Whisper of the Heart (Blu-ray)
$14.98
22 hrs ago
Goblin Slayer: Goblin's Crown (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Attack on Titan: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
$34.99

To Love-Ru Darkness: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$46.49

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Set 4 - Diamond is Unbreakable Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$42.64

Phantasy Star Online 2: Episode Oracle - Part One (Blu-ray)
$49.99

Ahiru no Sora (Blu-ray)
$89.99

Blood Shadow (Blu-ray)
$13.61

Pure Hearted Girl Et Cetera (Blu-ray)
$25.33

Earwig and the Witch (Blu-ray)
$14.63
1 day ago
Promare (Blu-ray)
$12.96
1 day ago
Elfen Lied: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$27.69

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime

Old 05-03-2021, 02:19 PM   #581
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOnAnime View Post
Only milestone left really is $500 million worldwide and that's largely dependent on overseas as it doesn't have very much left in the tank here thanks to anime movies being very frontloaded and the leak. As of May 1st on [redacted], across 22 [redacted] there were more than 69,000 downloads. Oh, and on YouTube there's a video with a clip with a fight from the rip with more than 334,000 views (spoiler for the movie). That should give an idea of what the illegal streaming sites are doing as they're way more popular than [redacted].
[Show spoiler]
Why haven't Funimation or Aniplex struck these videos with copyright claims? Do they not care?
Old 05-06-2021, 01:32 AM   #582

Jan 2012
USA, GA

Any idea when Season 1 complete is coming to Blu-ray?
Old 05-06-2021, 01:57 AM   #583
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master X View Post
Any idea when Season 1 complete is coming to Blu-ray?
As in one set and not two? It's unknown if the Aniplex/Funimation deal would allow that.
Old 05-07-2021, 11:21 PM   #584
Special Member

Jan 2008

Got a question on Demon Slayer. With all the hype lately, I started watching the series and I was was really enjoying it until Zenitsu and Inosuke showed up. I like Tanjiro and Nezuko, but those two I can't stand and now I'm having trouble working up any enthusiasm to continue. Do those guys get any better?
Old 05-07-2021, 11:34 PM   #585
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2015
Minnesota, USA

Nope, and if you don't like them, you may also get annoyed when the Hashira are introduced at the end (took me less than 5 minutes to dislike nearly all of them).
Old 05-07-2021, 11:35 PM   #586
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpn View Post
Got a question on Demon Slayer. With all the hype lately, I started watching the series and I was was really enjoying it until Zenitsu and Inosuke showed up. I like Tanjiro and Nezuko, but those two I can't stand and now I'm having trouble working up any enthusiasm to continue. Do those guys get any better?
During important battles they do have some improved moments but otherwise you pretty much know what to expect.
Old 05-07-2021, 11:45 PM   #587
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
No they don't get any better and I was in a similar situation when I started watching the series. I absolute despise Zenitsu and Inosuke. Two of the most annoying characters I've had to sit through in an anime. They do get slightly less character moments as you get through the season though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOnAnime View Post
Nope, and if you don't like them, you may also get annoyed when the Hashira are introduced at the end (took me less than 5 minutes to dislike nearly all of them).
Complete opposite for me. I immediately loved all of the Hashira. Such cool designs and interesting characters.
Old Yesterday, 12:40 AM   #588
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2015

Quote:
They don't get better but get less bad if that makes sense plus after the one part they're both out of action for a long time. Both just comic relief but also get some pretty cool moments to shine.
Old Yesterday, 12:59 AM   #589
Special Member

Jan 2008

Thanks for all the feedback. I'll probably get back to Demon Slayer at some point, but it won't be a priority. Too bad since like I mentioned I was really enjoying the show until they showed up.
Old Yesterday, 01:33 AM   #590
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2012
Denmark

Quote:
Do those guys get any better?
They do get better. The aggro one stops wanting to fight all the time and the scared one shows you a different side soon enough. They start out annoying yet funny, but stop being quite as annoying and keep being quite funny.

The Hashira are all complete psychopaths, though. Not a likeable character among them, and most are absolutely cruel. Except the one guy from the first episode.

Last edited by Naiera; Yesterday at 01:59 AM.
Old Yesterday, 01:46 AM   #591
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naiera View Post
They do get better. The aggro one stops wanting to fight all the time and the scared one shows you a different side soon enough. They start out annoying and funny, but stop being quite as annoying and keep being quite funny.

The Hashira are all complete psychopaths, though. Not a likeable character among them, and most are absolutely cruel. Except the one guy from the first episode.
Huh? I love Shinobu

Thanks given by:
InuYashaCrusade (Yesterday), portishead (Yesterday), professorwho (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:57 AM   #592
Blu-ray Knight

Apr 2017
Southeast Michigan, USA

Shinobu is voiced by my favourite voice actress of all time, Hayami Saori, so I have enough reason to continue watching the series... slowly... over time.
Old Yesterday, 01:59 AM   #593
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2012
Denmark

OK, so two of them aren't complete psychopaths.
Old Yesterday, 02:10 AM   #594
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2013
-
-

I dunno, I love the Hashira. They are one of the best things about the series if you ask me.
Old Yesterday, 09:12 PM   #595

Sep 2015

Demon slayer up to $39m in america!

Quote:
In other Friday box office news, Demon Slayer earned another $850,000 (-54%) on its third Friday for a likely $2.94 million (-54%) weekend and $39.505 million 17-day domestic cume. It’s already the biggest-grossing worldwide release of 2020 (it opened in Japan last October) and will pass Pan’s Labyrnth ($37.6 million in 2006) as the sixth-biggest grossing (sans inflation) foreign-language film ever in North America. It remains by far the biggest-grossing movie ever outside of films from North America or China.
Mortal kombat dropped like a rock. Sad thing is if wb had not pushed mk back a week demon slayer would have been first for two weeks and not one!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/scottme...h=7b3e300a3a3f
Old Yesterday, 11:00 PM   #596

May 2019
Georgetown, TX

Well Mortal Kombat is also on HBO Max (for a bit longer), so maybe people didn't feel like going to see it?

Anyhow, I really liked this show/movie. Sure some characters are annoying, hopefully they will grow to be better.
Old Yesterday, 11:04 PM   #597
Blu-ray Duke

Jun 2013
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricDent1 View Post
Anyhow, I really liked this show/movie. Sure some characters are annoying, hopefully they will grow to be better.
Trust me they don't
Old Yesterday, 11:46 PM   #598
Power Member

Aug 2019
Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricDent1 View Post
Well Mortal Kombat is also on HBO Max (for a bit longer), so maybe people didn't feel like going to see it?

It didn't help that 1995 version of Mortal Kombat was better. The VFX in the original is obviously dated - but it at least had fight choreography.

This new one just has VFX and not much else. I can do without the grotesque fatalities, I wanted AAA fight choreography/scenes and we didn't get that - at all.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Anime