Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
The Wizard of Oz 4K (Blu-ray)
$33.60
9 hrs ago
Batman: Hush 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 hr ago
Avengers: Endgame 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$164.99

Attack on Titan: Season 3 Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$29.99
4 hrs ago
Anna 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Scarface 4K (Blu-ray)
$21.74

Batman: Hush (Blu-ray)
$14.99
46 min ago
50 Years of Planet of the Apes: 9-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Killjoys: Season Four (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu (Blu-ray)
$18.96
4 hrs ago
Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$34.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping

Old 03-09-2019, 06:58 AM   #1
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2009
Default False Advertising on Barnes and Noble Marketplace

I recently ordered online what I saw as advertised a Criterion BD of Pierrot Le Fou on Barnes and Noble marketplace at a higher than normal price of over $33 since it's out of print but wound up receiving the UK Studio Canal release instead, which I can easilt get for half the price on multiple other online retailers. I specifically wanted the Criterion release. What irks me is that the seller took the picture out after the fact and that I grouped it with another order that got me free shipping. This is the first time I've been ripped off like this. What is the best way to handle this? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-09-2019, 07:14 AM   #2
Expert Member

Aug 2014

I bought a copy of Grimm season six on there before and got a bootleg copy. Contacted Barnes & Noble... never heard back. Best advice is don't support Barnes & Noble.
Old 03-09-2019, 07:57 AM   #3
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2010
USA

On their site, it says you have to contact the seller and wait 2 days for a response. I'd do that, but at the same time call customer service at 1-800-843-2665 and tell them what happened. If they refuse to do anything about it, contact your credit card company to get the charge removed due to fraud, file a complaint about B&N with the BBB (which in and of itself is meaningless) to see if someone from B&N gets back to you about it.

I was constantly getting the runaround with Walmart customer service until I placed a BBB complaint and then someone higher up who saw it took care of it for me. So you never know.
Old 03-09-2019, 08:35 AM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2009

Thanks, guys. I did also get a return slip that states I can return it to my local Barnes and Noble. I intend on doinf that if that's the best option though I fear they'll still charge me for shipping.
Old 03-09-2019, 08:46 AM   #5
Blu-ray Champion

Jun 2010
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakihara View Post
Thanks, guys. I did also get a return slip that states I can return it to my local Barnes and Noble. I intend on doinf that if that's the best option though I fear they'll still charge me for shipping.
Here's the question though. Since the seller clearly tried to scam you, can he or she claim that you didn't send the correct item back?
Thanks given by:
Kakihara (03-09-2019), strumdogg (03-09-2019)
Old 03-09-2019, 08:56 AM   #6
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samus Aran View Post
Here's the question though. Since the seller clearly tried to scam you, can he or she claim that you didn't send the correct item back?
Good question. I'm both calling and going to my nearest B&N and give it my best shot. Fortunately, it's unopened and still shrink-wrapped.
Old 03-09-2019, 07:35 PM   #7
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakihara View Post
Good question. I'm both calling and going to my nearest B&N and give it my best shot. Fortunately, it's unopened and still shrink-wrapped.
According to the BN.com site they wouldn't accept returns for orders from Marketplace sellers and I wouldn't be surprised if they have an issue with the UPC being different from that of the order.

Quote:
Returning Marketplace ("Other Seller") Items

Within 30 days, any item purchased from our Marketplace ("Other Sellers") can be returned to the Authorized Seller indicated on the packing slip. The refund will be issued once the Seller confirms that the item is in the same condition that you received it, and processes the return through the BN.com system.

If you don't have your packing slip, locate your Marketplace order on the Order Status page and click the order number. You will see the Seller's e-mail address in Shipped Items, to the left of Shipment Subtotal. Please email the seller for return instructions.

Please Note: Marketplace orders cannot be returned to Barnes & Noble stores.
https://help.barnesandnoble.com/app/...ingMarketplace
Thanks given by:
Kakihara (03-10-2019)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Retail/Shopping