Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse 4K (Blu-ray)
€12.99

Charlie's Angels 4K (Blu-ray)
€13.99
14 hrs ago
Charlie's Angels: 3-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
€13.99
30 min ago
Charlie's Angels (Blu-ray)
€11.99

Spider-Man: Far from Home (Blu-ray)
€8.99

Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (Blu-ray)
€8.99

Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Blu-ray)
€8.99

Knives Out (Blu-ray)
€9.99

Tokyo Ghoul:re - Parte 2 (Blu-ray)
€23.97

Halloween (Blu-ray)
€6.99

The Girl in the Spider's Web (Blu-ray)
€6.99

The Mummy 4K (Blu-ray)
€13.91

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Spanish

Old 01-06-2018, 10:59 AM   #1

Dec 2017
Spain Dunkirk Audio Spain

So, in the spanish release of the film, is the spanish audio just DD5.1 as opposed to the DTS-HD MA 5.1 English track?

I may buy releases of older movies like 2001: A space odyssey even if the audio is just DD. But latest releases with just DD? I mainly buy movies to get the best quality in audio and video, so I don't think I'll ever buy that movie if that doesn't include high quality spanish audio. Even if I end up playing the original dub.

/End of the rant/

So what is your opinion about this in general?
Old 01-09-2018, 07:07 AM   #2
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Chichester, UK

What's the appeal of a dubbed version anyway? It's better to watch films in original language with actual subtitles. Otherwise mouths flap open and shut at complete random and in my experience (with English dubs), the chosen voices are often questionable.
Old 01-09-2018, 01:41 PM   #3

Dec 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by SymbioticFunction View Post
What's the appeal of a dubbed version anyway? It's better to watch films in original language with actual subtitles. Otherwise mouths flap open and shut at complete random and in my experience (with English dubs), the chosen voices are often questionable.
I usually prefer original voice, but subtitles may take a lot of attention, and distract you from the images. I remember there was a prize for the TV show Rick and Morty because the spanish dub was so good, it was worth it watching it in Spanish. The voices were so fast that the subtitles had to shorten what was being said. The dub was accurate and fast too, and it let you relax and enjoy. Also in Spain there are really good dubbers, who try hard for the words to fit in the moving mouth of the actors without changing what is being said. Also maybe your older relatives may not see the screen well and can't follow the subtitles.

Again, the general rule for me is to listen to the original voices, but there are a lot of cases in which you may want to see the movie dubbed, or one run dubbed and another with the original voices so you get the best of both worlds.
Old 03-26-2018, 12:39 PM   #4
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
India

Hi, not a question about the audio but does the Spanish digibook release have the book text in Spanish or English? Sometime back I purchased the Warner SE of Casablanca (with book) and Malcolm X Digibook from Amz IT and all the text inside was in English, and I would like to know if this is the same.

Thanks for any helpful replies.
Old 03-26-2018, 10:46 PM   #5
Contributor

Jan 2012
Spain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenus View Post
Hi, not a question about the audio but does the Spanish digibook release have the book text in Spanish or English? Sometime back I purchased the Warner SE of Casablanca (with book) and Malcolm X Digibook from Amz IT and all the text inside was in English, and I would like to know if this is the same.

Thanks for any helpful replies.
The text is all in Spanish.
Thanks given by:
ravenus (03-27-2018)
Old 03-27-2018, 05:41 AM   #6
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
India

Ah, that's a bummer for me. Thanks for the reply.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Spanish