Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Columbia Classics Collection: Volume 1 4K (Blu-ray)
$112.99
21 hrs ago
Shrek: The Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.50

Jumanji: The Next Level (Blu-ray)
$15.00

Knives Out 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.64
3 hrs ago
Schindler's List 4K (Blu-ray)
$10.00

Doctor Sleep 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Seven Worlds, One Planet 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood (Blu-ray)
$15.00

Friends: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$69.99

Frozen II 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.20

Despicable Me 3-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Feedback Forum

Old 01-20-2008, 02:18 PM   #1
Banned

Apr 2007
Default blu-ray.com why no blu-ray games being reviewed?

blu-ray gaming is a 10x bigger market than blu-ray movies. blu-ray.com should do a better job giving acknowledgement to all the uses of blu-ray, its not just movies!, in fact blu-ray is only about 10 percent movies. so why do we only review 10 percent of what consumers buy. id be happy to do reviews
Old 01-20-2008, 02:20 PM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by stockstar1138 View Post
blu-ray gaming is a 10x bigger market than blu-ray movies. blu-ray.com should do a better job giving acknowledgement to all the uses of blu-ray, its not just movies!, in fact blu-ray is only about 10 percent movies. so why do we only review 10 percent of what consumers buy. id be happy to do reviews
Well this is not a Gaming site, i mean theyre enought of them and forums out there to make a clear and wise decision when buying a game.

This is a dedicated movie freak on bluray web site... and the only one that is 1 format only..
Old 01-20-2008, 02:29 PM   #3
Banned

Nov 2007

It is not a gaming site.
Old 01-20-2008, 02:38 PM   #4
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

Blu-ray Games and PS3
Old 01-20-2008, 02:39 PM   #5
Banned

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by OokieSpookie View Post
It is not a gaming site.
its blu-ray.com not blu-raymovies.com. im not asking 4 this 2 b a gaming website im asking 4 blu-ray products 2 b reviewed on blu-ray.com. i dont think thats wrong 2 ask for
Old 01-20-2008, 02:47 PM   #6
Super Moderator

Feb 2007

not a bad idea I suppose.

Im sure plenty of gamers browse this site.

on a side note,one thing I always wished Game review sites would do is show the supported resolutions...I could never tell if a game was in 720p or 1080i/p until I went to the store and looked at the back of the box, but trying to buy a game online they don't tell you this kind of info?!
Old 01-20-2008, 02:52 PM   #7
Banned

Apr 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackinhedz View Post

on a side note,one thing I always wished Game review sites would do is show the supported resolutions...I could never tell if a game was in 720p or 1080i/p until I went to the store and looked at the back of the box, but trying to buy a game online they don't tell you this kind of info?!
u cant trust the box either a lot of games put upscale resolutions not native.
Old 01-20-2008, 03:26 PM   #8
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007
Rochester, NY

Quote:
That's actually not a bad idea at all. I for one would love to see that. I'm sure there would be a way to implement that, Shin-Ra, what is your take on it?
Old 01-20-2008, 03:27 PM   #9
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007
Florida

Quote:

What happened to your old avatar?
Old 01-20-2008, 03:58 PM   #10

Jun 2007
Las Vegas, Nevada

Quote:

+1 Agreed

And the audio that comes with them
Old 01-20-2008, 04:12 PM   #11
Power Member

Mar 2007

Quote:
Well, if blu-ray.com starts reviewing games, then they might as well take the next step and start reviewing everything Blu-ray. Players, Recorders, Drives, games, movies, etc...

Personally I would love to read some reviews on Players and Recorders.
Old 01-20-2008, 04:45 PM   #12
Power Member

Dec 2006
Ontario, Canada
Send a message via MSN to jorg

Quote:

i tried making a thread with game resolutions and such but i couldent get information to find the true resolutions
Old 01-20-2008, 04:47 PM   #13
Developer

May 2003

We try to do things in priority order.

Before Blu-ray was launched we only had news, photos of hardware from Japan, FAQ and a forum. Then we expanded with a serious Blu-ray movies section and then movie reviews and firmware. We are currently working hard on a new neat Players section which is coming soon. It will be very similar to the Movies section but for players.

We might actually add game reviews in the future, but we are trying to do the most important things first
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Feedback Forum