Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan Mexico
Columbia Classics Collection: Volume 1 4K (Blu-ray)
$112.99

Batman 4-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$59.96
7 hrs ago
A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.96
10 hrs ago
Laurel & Hardy (Blu-ray)
$59.99
11 hrs ago
Mad Max: Fury Road 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96
9 hrs ago
The Wolf of Wall Street (Blu-ray)
$4.00
1 hr ago
Blade: Triple Feature (Blu-ray)
$9.96
7 hrs ago
Uncut Gems (Blu-ray)
$17.36
7 hrs ago
4 Film Favorites: Lethal Weapon Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.96
2 hrs ago
Austin Powers Triple Feature (Blu-ray)
$7.96
2 hrs ago
Shrek: The Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope 4K (Blu-ray)
$28.50

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray PCs, Laptops, Drives, Media and Software

Old 02-01-2009, 11:55 PM   #1

Feb 2009
Default Roxio Creator 2009 - Mydvd error Failed to import media in AuthorScript. Error while

I'm pulling my hair out. Bad enough waiting hours for it to encode the movie but then get to the point of importing and getting error:
Failed to import media in AuthorScript. Error while Importing Media

So far I haven't found much reference to the error. I'm sure someoene else has ran across this.

I've been able to burn everything else except blu-ray on my LG GGW-H20L.

Michael
Old 02-02-2009, 05:40 PM   #2

Dec 2007
Island of Jersey

Have updated to the latest software patch and firmware for your burner??
If not - try updating and see how it goes
Old 02-02-2009, 05:47 PM   #3

Dec 2008

Doesn't Roxio sponsor its own forum? You might find more on-target advice there. The Roxio 2009 product is also fairly new, and one presumes it would be retro-compatible with the typical sorts of player-burners in the market through late 2008.

Roxio's separate Toast product is relatively popular, so I would assume that the MediaCreator product has comparable origins and vetting of its burning features.
Old 02-02-2009, 06:23 PM   #4

Feb 2009

I've updated all the software and drive firmware. The issue is not with the burner at this point. The software seems to go through Encoding to Importing, to writing. It does the encoding piece and soon as it starts the importing dies. I then went back and tried just an intro piece since I could at least find out fairly quick if that will work and it did. So either it's the size of the movie or content. But the file plays okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan P View Post
Have updated to the latest software patch and firmware for your burner??
If not - try updating and see how it goes
Old 02-02-2009, 06:26 PM   #5

Feb 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmkoch View Post
Doesn't Roxio sponsor its own forum? You might find more on-target advice there. The Roxio 2009 product is also fairly new, and one presumes it would be retro-compatible with the typical sorts of player-burners in the market through late 2008.
Yes they do and already posted the question there. Plus the burner I have is a highly recommended type and old enough to be stable and supported yet new enough to be taken into account for working with newer software.

Quote:
Roxio's separate Toast product is relatively popular, so I would assume that the MediaCreator product has comparable origins and vetting of its burning features.
I'll have to go look and see what features it does or doesn't have compared to the one I have. Be seeing it's the same vendor I have my doubts that one software would work and another not from the same vendor, hence the somewhat same developers.

I'm just not going to spend as much time trying to troubleshoot it as I did my old DVD drive, which is why I went and bought the Blu-Ray one.

Thanks
Michael
Old 02-02-2009, 06:33 PM   #6
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2007
Hercules, CA

Pretty sure Toast is Mac software.
If you have EMC 2009, you have everything Toast has and WAY more!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray PCs, Laptops, Drives, Media and Software